Hourglass Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light

Hourglass Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused LightHourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused LightHourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused LightHourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light

4.2

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have had this powder for almost two years, have used it basically every single time to set my undereye concealer and sometimes the rest of my face depending on how much makeup I'm wearing, and am just now almost finishing it up. I have hit pan on basically the whole center of the product and am finishing up the outer edges now. It has become my HG setting powder and I absolutely will be repurchasing very soon.

I've never found anything that comes close to the formula of these Hourglass powders. This powder provides the most beautiful, soft-focus, filter-like blurring effect where I apply it. It looks imperceptible on the skin, not powdery or cakey at all. This soft yellow colour is perfect for setting my undereye area as I have brownish/purplish circles, and yellow works better than any other colour for this on me, it truly gives a "diffused look". I am also very breakout and clog prone and this powder has never broken me out.

Yes, this product is expensive but it is absolutely worth it to me because of the unique formula, sturdy packaging and how long it lasts. I use it every single time to set my undereyes, and when I do a full face of makeup I don't feel I look complete without a dusting of this powder to pull my whole look together. I think some people expect this to be a highlighting product and are disappointed when it doesn't work that way, but this is really best used as a setting powder. I'd definitely recommend this to people looking for a very natural and soft-focus setting powder, especially diffused light for setting the undereye area.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a sample of this in my So Choix. Nuh-uh. Not a fan. Upon swatching it, you can tell it's extremely finely milled. However, it also seems a bit chalky. After dusting it lightly over the face, I can hardly see a difference. All it does is leave a barely discernible pale yellow cast over my face. It mattifies ever so slightly, which might give off the illusion that pores look smoother, since there's less shine in that area. Anyway, the effect is just too subtle for me to be willing to dish out the wads of money this stuff costs.

on 1/8/2017 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely LOVE this product!!! I use the Diffused Light and have been using it for a few years now. It's a product that I thought I could go without but sadly I can't. It's not caky or chalky it just glides on smoothly like silk on your face and the exact consistency goes on. It's definitely my go to for everyday use! It's even better then Laura Mercier's Translucent powder which I'm a little disappointed in considering all the hype about it. But then again every product works differently for your face. I love this product, I can use it on top of my concealer and it doesn't crease or cake up. I also love this product for highlighting and baking. Hourglass is one of my favorite make-up lines not just cause of their amazing products but also cause of the packaging. It's not cheap, its pristine quality not cheap plastic crap. They are pricey but you get what you pay for❤

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I do love this powder, it gives such a flawless but still not powdery look. This is unlike all powders I have tried so far. But the price is steep and I usually only buy this when I have some extra money to use on makeup. I recently bought Wet'n Wild's Reserve Your Cabana, which I think is a good dupe, but a little more drying. My best combo for the ALP is when I go Hourglass all the way - the No28 primer under the Illusion Skin Tint and finishing off with alp. Like magic!

on 11/16/2016 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Goodness, I do not see what the fuss is over these Ambient lighting powders. I ordered this in the shade Diffused Light online from Sephora. I am currently about NC15-NC20. When tanned I am about NC25-NC30. This does not look right on me at any tanned or not tanned state. It just imparts a yellow cast. Dare I say, this makes me look jaundice..? Sorry, but that is how I feel like my cheekbones look when using this. Color aside, this seems very chalky and powdery to me. I really get no highlighting aspect from this, just what looks like I brushed a yellow powder on the tops of my cheeks. Applies unevenly. I love the Hourglass blushes, they are magic, but for me, for highlighting I will stick with my good old Mary LouManizer. Mary LouManizer glides right on my cheekbones evenly and effortlessly. I would consider exchanging this for another shade, but this formula just feels too chalky and too powdery for me. So, again, I will stick with the good old reliable Mary LouManizer.

I bought this in the lightest color as I am very fair and planned in using it as a highlighter and occasional skin brightener. Before I got it home, it crumbled in the box. It was very chalky and powdery. I think I would've been Breyer off with a VECCA, Nara i.e. Laura Mwtcuer brightening powder.Acsrop it me two of a highlighters such as Benefits's Highbean mixed into foundation, Bare Minerals Muberal Veul and the drugstore brands like the Loreal and physician's formula powders that immitate Gueraln's meteorites have a finer and more subtle texture. Hourglass' product was outrageously expensive and so perhaps I expected too much from it. I used it as a highlighter, as a sunken finishing powder, eyeshadow, just on the corners if my eyes and upper lip, and I used different amounts with cream, liquid, and powser foundation before and after cream and piercer blush. It either did nothing at Sll, looked to sparkly, or was sumultaneouky too dull and to bright. I tried it with very subtle makeup, dramatic, and everything in between but still to no avail. I thim
They need to reformists it and oerhaps warm up a few of the colors. I M a redhead with very fair skin and it made it look dirty. I have not bought a thing from them since.

I'm amazed. Since coming into hotter months and especially since I have combo skin, that gets really oily yet very dehydrated at the same time; I needed to be able to set my pro long wear concealer! In saying that I don't usually need to set it, it's amazing. Any who! This powder is phenomenal. It really does blur out imperfections and make my lines less noticeable!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This powder is absolutely HG stuff. I use it as an all over powder. It gives a subtle glow that looks pretty in every light. Too much can make you look a bit dry so use a light dusting! I go through a fair few of these a year- definitely definitely worth the price! Packing is pretty as with all hourglass products. Best powder i have ever used and I will continue to use it over and over again.

on 2/15/2016 6:07:00 AM

I've had to review this again. I was amazed by it at first, esp after seen wayne Goss' review on it. However, after using it for a while, it's not as amazing as I thought. It does 'blur' blemishes to some extent but nothing amazing. It's much better for giving u a "glow" but that's about it. And the "glow" is only temporary. A highlighter is much better for this purpose. I would NOT repurchase it again & sometimes, as women, we fall prey to beauty gimmicks we THINK we need but really don't. It is very expensive, so try and get a tester before purchasing. Mine is unfortunately sitting in my make up box - unloved :(

on 2/12/2016 10:40:00 AM

Holy grail setting powder if you want to stay dewy/glowing but need some powder to set areas.

Brilliant under the eyes to brighten in a subtle way. I find it blurs and brings your makeup together, really flattering.

There are the tiniest bits of shimmer in this powder but you can only see it if you are really really up close in the direct light. I think this one is the most natural and least shimmery of all the ambient lighting powders.

I would just note that this is a setting powder and not a highlighter. You can use it as one but it is very subtle. If you want a natural highlighter I would go for becca shimmering skin perfector liquid right after your foundation and use this powder as you would normally use your powders to set your makeup.