Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light
Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder in Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder in Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light

4.2

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

on 10/15/2017 3:45:00 PM

Marvelous product. I use it as a setting powder. Gives my face a subtle glow without being sparkly, blurs pores and small wrinkles, tones down redness. Looks good for hours on both oily and dry areas of my combination facial skin. I absolutely hate most Hourglass products but this one is a winner. I hope they never discontinue this!

on 8/17/2017 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Edit: I've been experimenting with his and found an even more foolproof way to apply this. I set my under eyes lightly with the RCMA no color powder and then go in with a light layer of this powder. The finish is seamless like this.

I purchased this powder a long time ago. I think I used it as an all over setting powder a few times. I don't remember if I liked it, but clearly I didn't like it enough to reach for it regularly. I was going through my stash a few days ago and rediscovered this. I can't believe this gem was hidden in my collection for so long! I've been mainly using it to set my under eye. I'm not a fan of that too-light, huge triangles drawn under eyes look that youtubers go for. I get that it brightens up the under eye, but it can look weird if you want to keep the rest of the face makeup minimal. Usually I prefer concealers that match my skintone, but I also want a slightly bright under eye without looking too cakey or powdery. Looks like I had the right product with me all along. I use my regular concealer and lightly powder this under my eyes and inner corners. It brightens up the area immediately. It doesn't look powdery at all. Just make sure you blend any concealer that settles into fine lines within the first few minutes of applying the concealer. Go in with the powder only after that. It's difficult to get rid of creasing if you set it after it's already creased. I also bring this down lightly to the tops of my cheeks from my undereye so that it's smooth and blends with the rest of my face. It gives a very nice highlighter-like glow. I've tried putting it on the center of my forehead and chin as well and it looks nice. One surprising thing I discovered playing around as that it covers the darkness around the mouth that I have naturally being a medium, olive-skinned person.

Yes, it does have a slight shimmer. But you can only see it if you're two inches away from my face. I would repurchase for sure.

on 3/1/2017 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This powder is amazing. Spun air texture that somehow disappears into the skin while imparting a very subtle blur/glow effect. I like that it doesn't add 'sheen' or a horrible chalky mica-sparkle. It just somehow perfects and makes your skin look polished and poreless, not powdery. Doesn't settle into lines or clump AT ALL. Works over foundation, or even on its own over moisturizerized skin. I LOVE this powder.

on 4/19/2017 9:19:00 AM

I whole heatedly decided to buy both this in the full size product and the accompanying brush for about $90. I thought of it as an investment, but now I see it as a waste. I was looking for a replacement product for the bare minerals illuminating veil I absolutely loved (isn't on here to review). This does help even out my skin tone and adds illumination, but it also clogs my pores and causes break outs for me. The powder looks nice on me but not THAT nice. I much preferred the bare minerals or even physician's formula (and that was like a $10 product). It's kind of on the chalky side and is pretty sheer to the point where you wonder if it made any difference at all.

I have not changed anything else in my cosmetic team lately, so I know that this very likely to be the culprit to my recent white heads. I noticed a week after using the product a couple of times my brush smelled really bad. I cleaned it the way I clean all my brushes (with the same mild soap I use on my face), but a few days later after using the product again just once the smell returned. It smells bacterial, and I think this product has somehow become a smorgasbord for germs over night, I have no idea how. Now I have a $90 product bundle from hourglass that I am afraid to use, and I'm constantly washing my brush in paranoia. I was thinking about giving one of their blushes a try, but honestly I think I'll pass on this line for a long time.

on 7/28/2017 2:45:00 AM

Okay so this is an amazing powder. It can be used as a setting powder, but because I have oily skin I use it as a finishing powder on days I want a glow from within look. I absolutely love all the colours but this one drew me in.

The powder is finely milled and the shimmer in it looks more like a beautiful glow and not glitter all over. I do find that the quantity you get for the price is exceptionally high so I tend to use it sparingly. I love to add this on no make up makeup days.

I have recently come across the Physicians Formula Illuminating Youth Boost translucent illuminating powder and find that this may perform similar to this powder. It is translucent so no wash of colour but a similar sheen to the face. Love the product anyway.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is an absolute HG for me, and one of the few products that I have hit pan on and will absolutely repurchase. In the pan and swatched, this powder looks like it does nothing. When the original Ambient Light powders were first launched, people were pretty confused about the hype surrounding them since they really don't seem to do a lot. I was one of those people, but I decided to bite the bullet and see what it was all about. While I was skeptical, I found that on the skin this product really is magical. I am quite fair with neutral-leaning-warm undertones, and Diffused Light is absolutely the right shade of this powder for my skin tone. I use this as a finishing powder after all of my other makeup is applied (my last step before setting spray) and it gives my skin a soft, glowy finish. I have a lot of issues with my skin, and while this powder isn't some miracle Snapchat filter IRL, it does absolutely make my skin look a whole heck of a lot better. The packaging is nice, and I am glad that the regular full size of the product lasted a really long time to offset the kind of high price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have had this powder for almost two years, have used it basically every single time to set my undereye concealer and sometimes the rest of my face depending on how much makeup I'm wearing, and am just now almost finishing it up. I have hit pan on basically the whole center of the product and am finishing up the outer edges now. It has become my HG setting powder and I absolutely will be repurchasing very soon.

I've never found anything that comes close to the formula of these Hourglass powders. This powder provides the most beautiful, soft-focus, filter-like blurring effect where I apply it. It looks imperceptible on the skin, not powdery or cakey at all. This soft yellow colour is perfect for setting my undereye area as I have brownish/purplish circles, and yellow works better than any other colour for this on me, it truly gives a "diffused look". I am also very breakout and clog prone and this powder has never broken me out.

Yes, this product is expensive but it is absolutely worth it to me because of the unique formula, sturdy packaging and how long it lasts. I use it every single time to set my undereyes, and when I do a full face of makeup I don't feel I look complete without a dusting of this powder to pull my whole look together. I think some people expect this to be a highlighting product and are disappointed when it doesn't work that way, but this is really best used as a setting powder. I'd definitely recommend this to people looking for a very natural and soft-focus setting powder, especially diffused light for setting the undereye area.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a sample of this in my So Choix. Nuh-uh. Not a fan. Upon swatching it, you can tell it's extremely finely milled. However, it also seems a bit chalky. After dusting it lightly over the face, I can hardly see a difference. All it does is leave a barely discernible pale yellow cast over my face. It mattifies ever so slightly, which might give off the illusion that pores look smoother, since there's less shine in that area. Anyway, the effect is just too subtle for me to be willing to dish out the wads of money this stuff costs.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I do love this powder, it gives such a flawless but still not powdery look. This is unlike all powders I have tried so far. But the price is steep and I usually only buy this when I have some extra money to use on makeup. I recently bought Wet'n Wild's Reserve Your Cabana, which I think is a good dupe, but a little more drying. My best combo for the ALP is when I go Hourglass all the way - the No28 primer under the Illusion Skin Tint and finishing off with alp. Like magic!

on 1/8/2017 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely LOVE this product!!! I use the Diffused Light and have been using it for a few years now. It's a product that I thought I could go without but sadly I can't. It's not caky or chalky it just glides on smoothly like silk on your face and the exact consistency goes on. It's definitely my go to for everyday use! It's even better then Laura Mercier's Translucent powder which I'm a little disappointed in considering all the hype about it. But then again every product works differently for your face. I love this product, I can use it on top of my concealer and it doesn't crease or cake up. I also love this product for highlighting and baking. Hourglass is one of my favorite make-up lines not just cause of their amazing products but also cause of the packaging. It's not cheap, its pristine quality not cheap plastic crap. They are pricey but you get what you pay for❤