Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

Filtered by age: 44-55
Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light
Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

4.3

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

on 11/24/2017 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a beautiful finishing powder. I have super oily, very temperamental skin which requires setting powder to keep the ensuing oil slick at bay. Unfortunately powder is aging BUT with this pan of delight as a finishing powder I regain my youthful glow. I apply it with a dense fan brush and find this gives the perfect finish for me. Have had mine 2 years and with almost daily use I'm only halfway through so realistically it's not that expensive.

on 10/15/2017 3:45:00 PM

Marvelous product. I use it as a setting powder. Gives my face a subtle glow without being sparkly, blurs pores and small wrinkles, tones down redness. Looks good for hours on both oily and dry areas of my combination facial skin. I absolutely hate most Hourglass products but this one is a winner. I hope they never discontinue this!

on 3/1/2017 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This powder is amazing. Spun air texture that somehow disappears into the skin while imparting a very subtle blur/glow effect. I like that it doesn't add 'sheen' or a horrible chalky mica-sparkle. It just somehow perfects and makes your skin look polished and poreless, not powdery. Doesn't settle into lines or clump AT ALL. Works over foundation, or even on its own over moisturizerized skin. I LOVE this powder.

on 11/16/2016 12:01:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Goodness, I do not see what the fuss is over these Ambient lighting powders. I ordered this in the shade Diffused Light online from Sephora. I am currently about NC15-NC20. When tanned I am about NC25-NC30. This does not look right on me at any tanned or not tanned state. It just imparts a yellow cast. Dare I say, this makes me look jaundice..? Sorry, but that is how I feel like my cheekbones look when using this. Color aside, this seems very chalky and powdery to me. I really get no highlighting aspect from this, just what looks like I brushed a yellow powder on the tops of my cheeks. Applies unevenly. I love the Hourglass blushes, they are magic, but for me, for highlighting I will stick with my good old Mary LouManizer. Mary LouManizer glides right on my cheekbones evenly and effortlessly. I would consider exchanging this for another shade, but this formula just feels too chalky and too powdery for me. So, again, I will stick with the good old reliable Mary LouManizer.

on 12/21/2015 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a lovely thing to have in your stash of make up but it does not make that much of a difference on me to warrant a repurchase. It is too expensive a product to have if you feel quite indifferent to it. I like the packaging because it is solid without being too heavy, I like the texture because it does not have overt glittery particles in it, and I like the temporary lift it gives to the skin. It is too expensive for what it is though, in my opinion, but others seem to think it is HG. I would suggest trying to get a sample before you splurge out. You might find you can live without it..,or not!

on 12/15/2015 5:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I love this in Diffused Light!... it gives your skin such a subtle natural glow... I'm very pale and I got the Dim Light that everyone talks about in a palette, but it was way too orangey and dark.. it showed up patchy on my chin..... this is fantastic for all over, it looks so dewy. I use it lastly in my make up routine with a light feathery brush :-)

on 11/5/2015 5:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Finally, a pressed powder that actually makes older skin glowy. The shade is a pale yellow neutral, but you won't look like a taxi cab. The glowy part is really nice, with no sparkles or glitter. This sets makeup and is buildable. You don't look dry, chalky, or cakey. The texture is light and gossamer. It doesn't feel sandy or gritty. The factor that steps this up to HG? The glow lasts and lasts. Ten hours later I still look luminous.

on 10/31/2014 10:37:00 PM

This powder gives an airbrushed finish to my oily skin. The texture is light, not chalky. This color is nice for NC/NW 10-15 colors and is housed in a burnished bronze-colored case. It's pricy at $30+ dollars but a definite keeper.

on 9/24/2014 7:40:00 PM

Love love love. I don't know how or why this works but it gives my face a subtle healthy looking glow. It's superfine, goes on nicely with a Stila 24 brush and doesn't clump or clog. I've only had it a week or so but it's shaping up as an HG for me

I am 54 and have been on the quest for foundation and powder for my slightly dry and slight rosacea face with some pore enlargement. I have been at this one year now and finally found foundation (Armani Designer Lift Smoothing) that does not settle in my pores or wrinkles. Problem now was finding a setting powder that did not look caked or accentuate my wrinkles. I was using LM translucent setting powder but, it was accentuating my lines. Powder should not defeat the purpose of a lifting, glowy, moisturizing foundation.I wanted dewy finish but ,lasting all day power. Therefore, needed new setting powder. Tried Meteorites and no lasting power. I read about Hourglass Ambient powders and was surprised about the overwhelming positive reviews despite the price tag. Finally got to try the colors of Hourglass Ambient powders at Sephora, and settled on Diffused light for my complexion (light skinned latina with yellow undertones and red cheeks). It was amazing how well it blurred large pores and the redness is gone. Lasts all day without anymore than a light touch up over my nose at lunch. It really gives you beautiful skin without settling into lines with a nice glow. Controls a little oil over the nose without clinging to dry patches. I finally found a foundation setting powder combination that works for me. Really need to give this a try if you are on the fence.