Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

Filtered by age: 30-35
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light
Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

4.1

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

on 7/28/2017 2:45:00 AM

Okay so this is an amazing powder. It can be used as a setting powder, but because I have oily skin I use it as a finishing powder on days I want a glow from within look. I absolutely love all the colours but this one drew me in.

The powder is finely milled and the shimmer in it looks more like a beautiful glow and not glitter all over. I do find that the quantity you get for the price is exceptionally high so I tend to use it sparingly. I love to add this on no make up makeup days.

I have recently come across the Physicians Formula Illuminating Youth Boost translucent illuminating powder and find that this may perform similar to this powder. It is translucent so no wash of colour but a similar sheen to the face. Love the product anyway.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is an absolute HG for me, and one of the few products that I have hit pan on and will absolutely repurchase. In the pan and swatched, this powder looks like it does nothing. When the original Ambient Light powders were first launched, people were pretty confused about the hype surrounding them since they really don't seem to do a lot. I was one of those people, but I decided to bite the bullet and see what it was all about. While I was skeptical, I found that on the skin this product really is magical. I am quite fair with neutral-leaning-warm undertones, and Diffused Light is absolutely the right shade of this powder for my skin tone. I use this as a finishing powder after all of my other makeup is applied (my last step before setting spray) and it gives my skin a soft, glowy finish. I have a lot of issues with my skin, and while this powder isn't some miracle Snapchat filter IRL, it does absolutely make my skin look a whole heck of a lot better. The packaging is nice, and I am glad that the regular full size of the product lasted a really long time to offset the kind of high price.

on 1/25/2016 11:31:00 AM

I didn't experience the great outcome like most of you did here........i used a big powder brush with a light hand to apply all over my face to set my foundation like i always do with any powder.......but this powder feels so heavy on my skin.....and the sheen makes my face looks so old and not clear....my combination (nc30) just doesn't work well with any baked powder such as the mineralized powder form mac.....i get better result with rimmel stay matte powder.....!

on 1/24/2016 6:37:00 AM

Didn't like it at all

So... This is my favorite of all the ambient lighting powders. For reference, I am Filipina with medium skin tone. I am 3W1 (Tawny) in Estée Lauder Double wear and Cut as a bunny Honey in Benefit.

I also own the ambient trio (Radiant, Incandescent and Dim). I initially used the palette as finishing powder, highlighter and bronzer. However, the colors oxidized later during the day and my face looked much darker and shinier. Also, my face looked really aged in photos!

Anyway, back to Diffused Light. This is the perfect finishing powder because it is almost clear and does not impart shine. However, it still blurs out my imperfections and brightens my skin tone without changing the color of my foundation.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is like magic. It perfectly blurs and reflects light the way a powder should. A little goes a long way. Too much and it runs the risk of chalky. But the texture when applied in small does is gorgeous. It reflects light without obvious glitter-bomb. The color is slightly off yellow, making it suitable for a range of fair/light skinned people. It really is lovely.

on 9/17/2015 12:17:00 PM

Absolutely in love. Am planning to stock up on heaps of it in case they ever discontinue this glorious powder.

I usually use this powder with Rimmel's Match Perfection and thought the result was great, but I just purchased NARS Sheer Glow and WOWZER - my skin looks flawless with Ambient Lighting on top the Sheer Glow! So, so impressed.

My face does look a bit cakey though (this didn't happen with the Match Perfection) but I just ordered Fix+ online today, so hopefully this will get rid of the cakey look.

I don't use a primer as I find my foundation doesn't apply/stay as well - so I just moisturise my face, apply my foundation & concealer, then using a small Real Techniques brush I press this powder under and around my eyes, then with a bigger Real Techniques brush I press the powder into the rest of my face. Takes any shine or dewiness completely off, but my face doesn't look too matte - ugh! I just love it.

Ambient Lighting is pretty expensive (I think I paid $70 in Australia), but you do get a lot of product and it is worth it for the result it gives. I want to try all the other powders in the range!

LOVE LOVE LOVE - highly recommended!

This is one of my most terrifying purchases because if it didnt work, if it didnt do anything for me, I wouldve wasted so much money on a finishing powder. It's a non-essential item. But if you're seriously looking for a product to elevate an already great make-up look, I am happy to report that it's worth getting!

I could see a difference - my pores were further blurred and I seemed to look luminous. My cheeks were glowing that I kept touching them to check if they were oily. They werent!! They were just looking really smooth and dewy. And more importantly, someone else noticed too! A friend told me she especially liked how I looked that day but she couldn't put her finger on what was different. Also! I usually have to run my selfies through a smoothening filter but that's no longer the case with this powder. Im ecstatic that Diffused Light does what its supposed to do - for me at least. But if you're looking for something obvious, this might not be for you.

I wish it could be cheaper because it's pricey for a finishing powder. However, there's relatively a ton of product in a compact so it'll last a while. Considering that, it's not too bad.

on 2/1/2015 5:39:00 PM

This is a beautiful powder. It's very finely milled so you'll never get a powdery look, no matter how much you apply. It helps blur imperfections and lends a refined, softened look to skin.

It's a very pale yellow-tinted powder with no visible shimmer. I apply with a large duo fiber brush and buff it in softly. It also works well at toning down enthusiastic blush application.

The drawbacks: it is very expensive. It does not control oil at all as it is a finishing powder, not a setting powder.

I said I'd repurchase, but actually am undecided. I love how it makes my skin look, but it doesn't seem like an essential item for me. If you're on a budget, this is definitely a splurge rather than a staple product.

on 9/16/2014 1:45:00 PM

a nice setting powder. paraben free. fragrance free. pale yellow undertone. super duper fine "shimmer" that blurs into a diffused light, just like the name says. you get a lot of product in the plastic square compact. All in all I like it and use it for setting my under eye concealer and also as a wash for eyelids. However it does not mattify like other setting powders and although it is translucent the diffused light brightens which leaves my face lighter than my neck, which for me is pro for highlighting but a con for all over the face dusting.