Chi Chi Super BB Cream

Chi Chi Super BB Cream

I have been looking for a replacement for my Aveeno BB cream (which I really liked but which I can't get easily in NZ) for ages. I saw the reviews for this here and decided to try it. I particularly love that it has Broad spectrum uv protection. It has a nice texture and smell. It blends in easily to my skin (I am using light and usually use light-medium coloured face products) and looks very natural. It wears well throughout the day. It doesn't provide quite as good coverage as the Aveeno BB cream as it has a thinner consistency but it still evens out my skin/reduces redness. I need to use Paula's Choice Mattifying fluid over my t-zone as it doesn't go on matte/looks a little shiny but I like that it has a little glow. It hasn't clogged my pores and the price is an added bonus! Overall very happy.

EDIT: I still think is a very nice BB cream but better suited to a less oily/acne prone skin. After a longer period of using my skin was breaking out increasingly. I stopped using and within a week my skin had cleared and has remained clearer.

on 12/15/2016 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of the best BB creams I've used!
-It has great coverage ( better than a lot of foundations I've tried) but it is still very light wearing.
-It has SPF which is awesome for spending a lot of time outside during summer.
-It is also incredibly moisturising, so perfect for dry skin! def does not stick to dry patches.
-Sometimes when I'm not really feeling the dewy look, its easily fixed with some translucent powder on the t zone, or mattifying primer on a few spots.
-I use the colour "Light" which is actually pretty dark, BUT, even though I am very pale in winter and only tan a little during summer, it blends so well ( into the neck etc) that it just ends up giving my face a bit of a natural looking tan glow without it looking like I'm wearing foundation too dark for my skin. It also suits my fake tan well. I don't know how it manages to work with so many different tones - its magic.
-It also smells amazing.

The CC cream in this range is also veeeeerrry similar ( slightly more expensive) I used both, and I didn't really see a massive difference in the two - except maybe the BB is slightly better coverage. But only slightly. The CC would probably work well with people who have obvious red patches or uneven skin tone. ( I don't, which is probably why I didn't see a difference)

Overall, I would definitely purchase this again.

on 12/9/2016 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using this for a while now, it's by far the favourite bb cream that I've tried and i use it almost every day. I love that it feels nice and light on the skin, yet i can build the coverage if i feel I'm having a bad skin day. Overall great product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin but I use a matte primer underneath and find this can last all day! Great coverage for a bb cream, almost looks like a foundation. I found this one tube was ok to use when I was tanned and not tanned which is great. Idk how that works, but it does.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Been using this product for a while now, has really great coverage for a bb cream and is quite buildable. It blends excellently and I can use it at any point in my fake tan cycle. I normally purchase it when it's on sale at target, usually for about $21 (normal price is $29). I think it's on of the best in its price range and I love that chichi don't test on animals.

on 8/10/2015 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I found this bb cream to be way too dewy. I have quite oily skin, and I can almost guarantee that if you too have oily skin this may not work for you. Another disappointing thing about this bb cream is that the colour light is still extremely too dark for my skin tone (nc15-20) would not repurchase

Absolutely love this product! I'm not one to use foundations as I find it to heavy on my skin and i could not be bothered to match my skin tone as I've had so many incidents with the wrong colour match. When i found this product i was a little unsure because my skin can be sensitive to some things but when i tried it i was amazed! it leaves a really natural glow to my skin while covering problem areas. It is long wearing which is a great thing so i can wear it any time! Only things i find problematic is the fact that it does get a little oily after about 3 or 4 hours of wear and can look cakey when set with a high coverage powder. other than that I'm in love and will buy forever!!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG BB Cream!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is my favourite BB cream to date, the natural colour range, the finish, the lightweight product while still providing coverage. Itís ticking all my boxes in what I want in a BB cream. This is the product I use on a good skin day, or if Iím going down to the beach and want a little less of a made up look. It provides good coverage, it does not conceal blemishes but it does even out skin tone really well. Iíve previously used garnier which I liked but I much prefer this one for all the reasons above.

Pro:
Moisturising
Good coverage Ė for a BB cream
Colour Ė great for neutral tone skin
Price
Smell, itís strong but not offensive
Easy to blend

Con
Packaging Ė in a squeeze tube with a pumpÖ weird.

Mac NC25

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really liked this when I first got this last year. It has one of the best scents for any BB cream/foundation that I own and it is incredibly moisturising. It leaves a gorgeous dewy healthy finish and has a plethora of good skincare ingredients such as:

> hyaluronic acid - humectant that can hold up to 1000 times its weight in water
> caviar extract - a moisturising antioxidant
> collguard - anti wrinkle collagen
> white mulberry tree extract: brightens the skin and has anti-ageing properties
> green tea extract - an anti-flammotory antioxidant that neutralises free radicals
> SPF 30 - a must-have in Korean BB creams

It's important to keep in mind that BB cream is not skincare but makeup. I do appreciate that Chi Chi has been faithful to the original purpose of BB creams as "makeup meets skincare". The shade "Light" matches my light neutral-leaning-yellow undertones really well and it doesn't oxidise or break me out. What I don't like about this BB cream is that it is dissimlar to Korean BB creams because it doesn't provide good coverage. It's like a really light foundation with just a bit more coverage than a tinted moisturiser. I can only use it on my "better skin days" and if you have painful blind pimples, excess redness and moderate acne it will not be sufficient for you. If you have good skin, then this will be great for you. However I don't really think this can be called a "true" BB cream as the coverage is just too light. I normally have to use around 2 pumps and a bit for my entire face. Again, with Korean BB creams, I only have to use the tiniest bit.

Another thing is the lasting power. Due to its moisturising qualities, this product slides around my face after 3-4 hours in summer when set with powder. At the end of the day I can see that my makeup is gone on my nose (but then, my nose is absurdly oily and no face makeup has been able to stay the whole day on it), has broken up on my oily T-zone and my dry-ish cheeks. It doesn't cover blemishes well and blemishes will be visible if you don't use concealer because the BB cream fades away. The last thing I want to mention is the price. It used to retail for $20 a year ago (August 2013) but now Chi Chi has realised that this fills a niche in the Australian drugstore to mid-end market and increased it to $22.95 this year. A lot of Korean BB creams are far cheaper than this, such as Holika Holika, Etude House, Skin Food, The Face Shop.

This isn't a bad BB cream by any means and is definitely one of the better Western ones. However I probably won't repurchase this again because I prefer my Korean ones a bit more for coverage, price and longevity.