L'Oreal Skin Perfection Soothing Gel Cream Wash

L'Oreal Skin Perfection Soothing Gel Cream Wash

4.5

on 9/20/2016 3:28:00 AM

This cleanser does an excellent job of removing makeup, which got me very excited as I'm accustomed to having to use wipes to remove excess foundation from my skin. This however, did a great job, and my skin had a very natural, soft and clean feel afterwards.

However, I started noticed that I was having an allergic reaction around my hairline - perhaps where traces of cleanser were left on my skin. Bad, bad dermatitis resulted. Even when I paid very close attention to rinsing carefully, I still had very itchy, reactive skin when using this cleanser. When I stopped using it, my skin cleared up.

So while I thought this would be The One (cleanser til death do us part) I'm sad to say I won't be risking using it again. It's probably fine for most people, but be wary if you have overly sensitive skin.

on 3/1/2016 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I swore off foaming cleansers years ago. My skin is fine and dry (though not dehydrated, as I haven't rough or flakes skin thanks to an excellent skin care routine). I could not find my usual cleanser and this was on sale. I mistook the 'cream gel' description and thought it was non-foaming. Nonetheless, and regardless of the fact that it does foam, my skin has been very happy these past few weeks. I always moisturize morning and evening, so I haven't noticed any drying effects. A very effective but gentle and economical buy.

on 12/2/2015 3:20:00 PM

This product works well and keeps my skin feeling clean. However it does make my skin feel slightly tight afterwards. Make sure to use a hydrating facial moisturizer too!

on 10/8/2014 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I want to start off with saying that this isn't a bad product, but it is not the right product for me. My mom bought some of this and I tried it for a little while, but it was too drying for my skin. My skin is dehydrated and I found that after washing my skin felt tight. It does a good job of cleaning my skin, I feel quite refreshed afterwards. I just feel that this product is better suited for someone with normal skin or slightly dry skin.

There is no added fragrance (first thing I look for in any skin care product) but there is a slight scent (but it smells nice).

on 10/6/2014 1:24:00 AM

I have acne-prone, VERY sensitive and dry skin. Since I live in norway, the climate doesn't help my dry skin either.

This product is good. It does clean and calm my skin. It does claim that is suitable for dry and sensitive skin. But my biggest issue is that it contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate. After cleaning my skin, it starts to feel "pulled" and a little flaky over my acne scars.

So if you live in a climate like mine, dry and sensitive skin, I would not recommend this product for you!

on 8/28/2014 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have used one bottle of this and have to say it's great. I removes makeup really well, is not harsh on the skin, foams easily and is easy to wash off. Not very expensive either, definitely one of the best cleansers out there!

on 8/12/2014 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

This is a great cleanser. I got it on offer in Boots and paid not much more than £2 for it. It's soothing, like its name, very good at removing makeup and doesn't leave skin feeling stripped, just clean and fresh (and most cleansers leave my skin feeling stripped). After a few weeks, my skin looks so much softer and calmer. And I have to note that this smells almost identical to Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser.

on 8/9/2014 11:42:00 PM

I absolutely love this cleanser. I have used many over the years: Vichy, Nuxe, Caudalie, L'Occitane, Burt's Bees, Aveeno, Neutrogena, Cetaphil... You get the gist. I've tried everything possible to get my sensitive, acne-prone combination skin under control, yet nothing worked to completely get rid of acne plus those annoying little flesh-coloured bumps under the skin of my cheeks. It seems everything either treated one problem or the other - a cleanser would get rid of my acne but cause bumps, or vice versa. I was beginning to think I would be stuck with both issues for life. Well, this cleanser paired with my Clarisonic has completely changed the look and feel of my skin. I now have smooth, clear skin that is as close to perfect as it's ever been, which I have never been able to say before. My skin is comfortable and soothed and didn't react negatively to this product at all. I'm so glad this product exists - please, L'Oreal, never get rid of it.

on 6/17/2014 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For a very long time I've been using only dermatocosmetic cleansers, but I was searching for a gentle and effective cleanser for my oily, acne-prone skin, which was feeling a little dehydrated. Somebody told me about this one and I got it. It's cheap and does what it says. I never tought a cleanser would make a difference, but my skin looks way more calm and soothed. I will buy again!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This works better than Cetaphil, Spectro Gel, CeraVe combined! Best cleanser I have found for my sensitive skin! Leaves skin very soft with a nice glow :)