Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Perle - Mysterious Red #111

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Perle - Mysterious Red #111
Rouge Volupte Perle - Mysterious Red #111Rouge Volupte Perle - Mysterious Red #111Rouge Volupte Perle - Mysterious Red #111

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this color because I dont have. anything like this in my collection. It is a nice red but more for night time wear in my opinion.
The packaging is very pretty and chic. It looks very pretty sitting on top of my dresser as a decoration piece.
The price is very expensive for a lipstick.

on 7/28/2013 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a really nice lipstick. My tube was also gritty. I'll use this up but wouldn't repurchase.

on 5/24/2013 6:21:00 AM

The colour pay-off for this lipstick is fantastic. The shade of red is very intense but I think it would suit many different shades of skin (I am Mac NC 25). Unfortunately, the lipstick feels very gritty on application and it also can easily go on as a thick layer, so I feel I have to be careful in case I get it on everything (including smudging it all over my face after I've applied it). I don't know if that will actually happen - I did drink a hot coffee from a coffee cup with lid and the lipstick seemed to stay within my lips, although lipstick did transfer to the cup's lid.

When I apply the lipstick, the colour is very bold and intense with a lot of shine. I think this is a good look for night but a bit too much for me during the day. If I blot with tissue (lightly press a tissue against my lips once) the colour becomes subdued, mainly because it isn't so shiny. I only wore the lipstick for 2 hours before removing it but the colour stayed even and true, even through a cup of coffee.

While the grittiness is off-putting, I like the colour so much that I would purchase again. I did buy a lipstick for my mum but I won't give it to her now because I know she won't like the grittiness.

Popular Lipsticks