Lancome Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate

Lancome Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate

3.5

Water, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Adenosine, Faex Extract/Yeast Extract/Extrait De Levure, Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide/Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Edta, Octyldodecanol, Citronellol, Fragrance.

on 12/8/2016 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate is what I tried - got a sample at Sephora. Too expensive - but seems to work well.

Still - I won't be buying the whole bottle. Smells a bit artificial (for all that money you'd think they could leave out the synthetic fragrance.)

Complete waste of money, don't buy this. I've been using a small sample for a week now, and the only thing I expected from this was additional hydration for winter. This serum dries up immediately with no noticeable benefits to your skin at all. I can't believe that they would think that anyone would continue to buy this at such a steep price ($129 CAD).

on 10/14/2016 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This serum is a mystery to me. The ingredients are not that impressive and it's pricy but... my finicky skin really likes it. I had about 4 sample bottles that I used for quite a while. When I first started using it I LOVED the way it made my skin look brighter, SO smooth, balanced and less oily. The results plateaued and I decided not to buy the full size. Then my skin started breaking out, looking dull and acting up in Houston humidity and I started using the teeny bit left I had in the sample and it helped immediately. I use it nightly and it plays well with my acne skin care routine, and also under makeup. It's gentle and a little goes a very, very long way. It has helped diminish hyper pigmentation and doesn't seem to clog my pores. It's the most gentle and effective serum I have used. It feels good (can be sticky if you use too much) on the skin and helps with balancing, texture, lines and unevenness.... somehow! It's a mystery, but I bought the gorgeous full size and have not looked back.

on 5/27/2016 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I would buy this again, if it wasn't quite so pricey. It's a product that you would probably really need to use for a year or two to know if it works or not. However, I really liked how fast it absorbs into skin, how my makeup goes on after application and that it is unscented. I enjoyed using this product the past month. I think it definitely has some benefits to it.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

This is an okay product. Got it as a sample used for a 1 month and 1/2. I feel that it is far overpriced and the claims are over hyped. It leaves the skin nicely & lightly moisturized, but I really haven't noticed a great deal of difference with age spots, softens the skin so that it minimizes the "appearance" of fine lines and wrinkles but does not get rid of them. However, I found a far better & similar product , better than EL night repair imho, at a fraction of the cost. Missha New Science Night Repair Ampule, and it came as a set for $60 with two full size products and two travel products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The first time I tried this product was around Dec.2009 when it first came out. Lancome reformulate this serum around 2014. The differences is very minimal though. This product remind me of Estee Lauder's Advance Night Repair serum. They both feature some type of friendly yeast extract from our body digest system. (Bifida Ferment Lysate) The differences is Lancome's serum contain strong denatured alcohol while Lauder's is alcohol free. Lancome's serum formulation is much simpler relatively speaking. Sometimes simple isn't a bad thing... especially with sensitive skin, an over complicated formulate can potentially trigger allergy reaction. However, with the amount of money and the alcohol content, plus that "crazy marketing talk from this serum"... I'd expect a bit more helpful ingredients from Lancome.

Pros:
-It's very moisture. (Aside from Bifida, the Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone and Glycerin help too!)
-Contain Vitamin C (Ascorbyl Glucoside)
-Smell good... (although it's from Parfum/Fragrance.)
Cons:
-Alcohol Denatured present in 4th ingredient list... meaning high in %, while this might work as preservative and solvent. Long-term use might dry up your skin (ironically isn't it?)
-Perhaps due to the higher alcohol content and fragrance... it cause cosmetic acne sometimes. (It's actually getting better then it's predecessor)
-Extremely expensive for what we get.

I don't use the big regular bottle anymore. However I still use them on and off whenever I receive small advance genifique sample bottles. It's really not a miracle product, it does feel smooth and hydrated, but so with many other cheaper alternative. The previous version somehow contain even stronger alcohol content, but good news is they tone down the alcohol in their "advance" version.

I would really advice people ignored the crazy marketing talk. (Seriously? Unlock the new youth equation? Repair 10 sign of aging?) If you read the short ingredient list, a lot of them are common cosmetic ingredients in other toner/cream/eye-cream etc. There are slip agent, moisturize agent, thickner, alcohol, fragrance. Bifida Ferment Lystate doesn't have real science proof to backup the "repair" claim, but from my personal experiences with Lauder's Night Repair, it seem to be working, you can argue because Lauder included 10x times more helpful yeast/peptide/vitamin Es to fight sign of aging.... while Lancome only have Vitamin C and Adenosine as major anti-aging properties.

I like Lancome as a brand, they are glamorous and alluring. But if I have to pay 129$ for 50ml. I would invest Lauder's serum instead. (more helpful ingredients, no fragrance, no alcohol, a bit less money). This serum is "okay"... not as bad if your skin is alcohol tolerant, if not I would suggest you to look elsewhere.

Ok, I'll admit it. This product is alluring. It has this aura of mystique surrounding it and its claims seem almost to good to be true. Well, after a long time using it (6 months, and as directed) and also researching the ingredients, I can tell you that those claims are most certainly too good to be true. It does nothing. At all. It is also quite disconcerting that there is so much alcohol in this product, an ingredient which is known to cause cell damage and actually accelerate aging. Aside from the alcohol, it contains Bifida Lysaye Ferment, an ingredient which Lancôme (nor anyone else) has no clinical research to support. Basically, I want others to be aware that this product is an enormous waste of money. What is being sold is crafty, clever marketing with zero actual skincare benefits.

on 8/15/2015 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have used this every which way for over a year - alone, several times a day, at night only, morning only under makeup, and combined with other products. It always feels good putting it on with the dropper. I love the slight stickiness that absorbs and leaves the skin with a glow. But does it do anything lasting for the skin? I can't see it. I always feel it is going to transform my skin and I'll probably keep using it because it just feels so good. It's just a very lovely serum. I will never buy the full size bottle because it is well over $100 and I cannot justify that. I will keep buying the Lancome gift bags to get little samples of this and Visionnaire because I like them. But don't be fooled - it doesn't do anything. It's just that it doesn't irritate the skin, and it does contain good ingredients, and it's very pleasant to use.

Update Apr 30/16: I have never wanted to spend $120 for this so I have only used tiny bottles that came in gift bags from Lancome. A new one just came out for spring and I started using it again because I missed it. My skin seems to look tighter and younger after using it for two days, so I am back on the bandwagon. Someday I will buy a full sized bottle. I used Youth Code as an acceptable dupe but it smells bad and doesn't really feel the same. (And hello, it has been discontinued). I am convinced that there is something very good for the skin in Genifique, as I look so much better in pictures when I used it in the past, versus the times I didn't use it. I officially love this and want to keep using it. If my skin continues to look younger I will adjust the rating but right now it is 3 stars.

Update May 25/16: Raised it to four stars. Lately, everything has been giving me rashes/itching/flareups on and around my eyelids. I cut out all shadows, concealers and creams and let it heal. But even Vaseline and Nivea have recently irritated my skin and they used to be neutral. So I tried using ONLY THIS and I am not getting a reaction. I will keep using up the tiny samples. In the meantime besides no bad reaction, I get the glowing, youthful skin texture rather than the grease which Vaseline and Nivea impart. I feel like buying the whole Lancome line of face care products but well, I am not a millionairess.

on 5/27/2015 8:44:00 PM

I bought a 2.7oz bottle and have been using it for weeks. The automatic dropper is very nice and helps one drop just enough amount to cover face & neck.
The product is very moisturizing and brightens my skin, though I haven't seen any anti-aging effects. I really dislike the amount of alcohol in this since it makes my non-sensitive skin turn red. I use it under BB cream in the mornings and under moisturizer in the evenings. It improves how my BB cream looks since the serum keeps my face moisturized. The Lancome salesperson recommended that I use this serum under Lancome's Dreamtone serum to improve the effects from the Dreamtone serum. Seems from what she said, this is a serum to layer under another Lancome serum rather than to be used on its own.

on 4/1/2015 11:53:00 PM

This is the first serum I have ever bought. But lately some creams made my skin oily, and gave me larger pores so I wanted a very light product for night time and daytime when I am at home (or under a sunscreen). This is a brilliant serum! In a few days using ONLY this day and night, my skin is so happy! It looks healthier, much more even, smooth, radiant. Not the fake glow but just healthy looking skin. I had those 11 lines between the eyebrows and those are smoothed out quite a lot now too. It doesn`t irritate my skin at all and that is a BIG deal because I can get red or have breakouts easily. For the nigh time all I do is wash my face with a nice cleanser and put this on, and I ALWAYS wake up with beautiful, even, young looking skin! I still have to try it under a sunsceree but I don't think it would be a problem. I will repurchase this serum 100%, even though is expensive. It made a visible difference in my skin in like 3 days, so I know it works. :-) Oh and the packaging is so beautiful, classy, and the dropper is a nice touch, I don`t even use a full dropper amount so I think it will last me a few month. Well worth it. :-))))