Lancome Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate

Lancome Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate

3.5

Water, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Adenosine, Faex Extract/Yeast Extract/Extrait De Levure, Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide/Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Edta, Octyldodecanol, Citronellol, Fragrance.

on 5/14/2018 8:48:00 AM

I got the free 7 day trial from sephora and had an awful/confusing experience. I have combination slightly sensitive skin, and have been gearing my routine towards trying to remove hyper-pigmentation. I mainly use natural products, I've had very good skin the last few months with almost no breakouts.

My first impression of genifique was very positive, it made my skin glow like nothing I had ever tried before. It was like a strobe light on my face. The first two days were just wonderful. The third day a surgery scar on my chin from almost 14 years ago reappeared, it was dark red almost like a fresh wound. Shocked and confused, I continued to use genifique one more day while I pondered about it. The 4th day I looked up what was in genifique and was very surprised to see a total lack of scientifically proven skin beneficial ingredients. On top of that I was alarmed to see a large amount of alcohol and LYE (of all things.) I discontinued use of genifique immediately, but suffered the largest acne breakout I've had in ages the next day. After a few days without genifique my acne has gone away, and my scar is very slowly fading in redness. Just because the ingredients in here make your skin glow does not mean that this formula is good for it, seriously. And they want $78/ounce for this wth?!

on 2/22/2018 6:46:00 AM

It’s been a lifesaver for my dry/combination skin. Bit pricy, but it’s been the only thing that has worked when I get dry patches on my face.

on 12/27/2017 7:23:00 PM

This is the best serum on the market... it's also unfortunately one of the most expensive. I see people complaining that they still get wrinkles after using it and I can't help but laugh! It's not a face lift or Botox, ITS A TOPICAL SERUM. It isn't going to permanently banish existing wrinkles or freeze aging 100% completely in its tracks. That's just not a thing. lol

This DOES however, seem to somehow magically fill in fine lines temporarily, boost the effectiveness of any other products/moisturizers applied after it, even out skin tone and dramatically lighten age spots, tighten and brighten, and leave skin overall healthy, happy, and looking its best.

Bottom line? I've never had another serum work this well. Ever. But you have to have realistic expectations to be able to see how awesome it is! You also have to keep using it for it to keep seeing benefits. My skin always looks fantastic for about 10 hours after I apply it. Then it's kinda ready for its fix. lol Is it worth the money? I mean, I think so. A bottle of this lasts forever because you don't need much of it, so it doesn't end up costing much more than a 25$ serum you have to buy every month in the long run. That said, it isn't going to be worth it if you're looking for a face lift in a bottle. NOTHING is going to be worth it except a face lift. Keep your expectations on earth.

on 12/8/2016 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate is what I tried - got a sample at Sephora. Too expensive - but seems to work well.

Still - I won't be buying the whole bottle. Smells a bit artificial (for all that money you'd think they could leave out the synthetic fragrance.)

Complete waste of money, don't buy this. I've been using a small sample for a week now, and the only thing I expected from this was additional hydration for winter. This serum dries up immediately with no noticeable benefits to your skin at all. I can't believe that they would think that anyone would continue to buy this at such a steep price ($129 CAD).

on 10/14/2016 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This serum is a mystery to me. The ingredients are not that impressive and it's pricy but... my finicky skin really likes it. I had about 4 sample bottles that I used for quite a while. When I first started using it I LOVED the way it made my skin look brighter, SO smooth, balanced and less oily. The results plateaued and I decided not to buy the full size. Then my skin started breaking out, looking dull and acting up in Houston humidity and I started using the teeny bit left I had in the sample and it helped immediately. I use it nightly and it plays well with my acne skin care routine, and also under makeup. It's gentle and a little goes a very, very long way. It has helped diminish hyper pigmentation and doesn't seem to clog my pores. It's the most gentle and effective serum I have used. It feels good (can be sticky if you use too much) on the skin and helps with balancing, texture, lines and unevenness.... somehow! It's a mystery, but I bought the gorgeous full size and have not looked back.

on 5/27/2016 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I would buy this again, if it wasn't quite so pricey. It's a product that you would probably really need to use for a year or two to know if it works or not. However, I really liked how fast it absorbs into skin, how my makeup goes on after application and that it is unscented. I enjoyed using this product the past month. I think it definitely has some benefits to it.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

This is an okay product. Got it as a sample used for a 1 month and 1/2. I feel that it is far overpriced and the claims are over hyped. It leaves the skin nicely & lightly moisturized, but I really haven't noticed a great deal of difference with age spots, softens the skin so that it minimizes the "appearance" of fine lines and wrinkles but does not get rid of them. However, I found a far better & similar product , better than EL night repair imho, at a fraction of the cost. Missha New Science Night Repair Ampule, and it came as a set for $60 with two full size products and two travel products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The first time I tried this product was around Dec.2009 when it first came out. Lancome reformulate this serum around 2014. The differences is very minimal though. This product remind me of Estee Lauder's Advance Night Repair serum. They both feature some type of friendly yeast extract from our body digest system. (Bifida Ferment Lysate) The differences is Lancome's serum contain strong denatured alcohol while Lauder's is alcohol free. Lancome's serum formulation is much simpler relatively speaking. Sometimes simple isn't a bad thing... especially with sensitive skin, an over complicated formulate can potentially trigger allergy reaction. However, with the amount of money and the alcohol content, plus that "crazy marketing talk from this serum"... I'd expect a bit more helpful ingredients from Lancome.

Pros:
-It's very moisture. (Aside from Bifida, the Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone and Glycerin help too!)
-Contain Vitamin C (Ascorbyl Glucoside)
-Smell good... (although it's from Parfum/Fragrance.)
Cons:
-Alcohol Denatured present in 4th ingredient list... meaning high in %, while this might work as preservative and solvent. Long-term use might dry up your skin (ironically isn't it?)
-Perhaps due to the higher alcohol content and fragrance... it cause cosmetic acne sometimes. (It's actually getting better then it's predecessor)
-Extremely expensive for what we get.

I don't use the big regular bottle anymore. However I still use them on and off whenever I receive small advance genifique sample bottles. It's really not a miracle product, it does feel smooth and hydrated, but so with many other cheaper alternative. The previous version somehow contain even stronger alcohol content, but good news is they tone down the alcohol in their "advance" version.

I would really advice people ignored the crazy marketing talk. (Seriously? Unlock the new youth equation? Repair 10 sign of aging?) If you read the short ingredient list, a lot of them are common cosmetic ingredients in other toner/cream/eye-cream etc. There are slip agent, moisturize agent, thickner, alcohol, fragrance. Bifida Ferment Lystate doesn't have real science proof to backup the "repair" claim, but from my personal experiences with Lauder's Night Repair, it seem to be working, you can argue because Lauder included 10x times more helpful yeast/peptide/vitamin Es to fight sign of aging.... while Lancome only have Vitamin C and Adenosine as major anti-aging properties.

I like Lancome as a brand, they are glamorous and alluring. But if I have to pay 129$ for 50ml. I would invest Lauder's serum instead. (more helpful ingredients, no fragrance, no alcohol, a bit less money). This serum is "okay"... not as bad if your skin is alcohol tolerant, if not I would suggest you to look elsewhere.

Ok, I'll admit it. This product is alluring. It has this aura of mystique surrounding it and its claims seem almost to good to be true. Well, after a long time using it (6 months, and as directed) and also researching the ingredients, I can tell you that those claims are most certainly too good to be true. It does nothing. At all. It is also quite disconcerting that there is so much alcohol in this product, an ingredient which is known to cause cell damage and actually accelerate aging. Aside from the alcohol, it contains Bifida Lysaye Ferment, an ingredient which Lancôme (nor anyone else) has no clinical research to support. Basically, I want others to be aware that this product is an enormous waste of money. What is being sold is crafty, clever marketing with zero actual skincare benefits.