NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte but Not Flat Liquid Foundation

NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte but Not Flat Liquid Foundation
Stay Matte but Not Flat Liquid Foundation

3.2

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane , Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Beeswax, Cyclopentasiloxane / Disteardimonium Hectorite / Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate / Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone / Hexyl Laurate, Glyceryl Laurate, Stearyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Phenoxyethanol / Methylparaben / Ethylparaben / Butylparaben / Propylparaben / Isobutylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I couldn't ever get this stuff to not look really flakey and chalky on my face. The texture is pretty lightweight, and the color was a decent match for me, but it just does not mesh well with my skin at all. In fact, it doesn't mesh with my skin period, but sort of sits on top in a very unflattering way. The only NYX base products that I care much for are the Total Control foundation (which I have repurchased many times) and Angel Veil primer. I will stick with those.

Somehow I always re-purchase this product when I run out of it. It’s a perfect everyday foundation. I have normal-combo skin, don’t have any major skin issues so its medium coverage is just enough. It applies nicely with beauty blender, evens out skin tone and never looks cakey. It doesn’t have “flat” matte finish, which I personally like. I apply some on my nose, center of forehead and top of my cheekbones and then blend outwards. It’s not super long lasting but doesn’t wear off in an ugly way (like some other foundations). Overall, really nice product especially for the price.

This is very good on my sensitive & combination skin - I usually have a hard time finding foundations that feel right on my skin, and I have tried both luxury and drugstore products. I do find I need setting powder for it to stay matte, though, and the coverage could be better. I love that it is buildable, and the color (soft beige) is a perfect match for me. Would buy it again - I am not swayed by it, but it is good and it does a nice job if you want a more natural look.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hello beauties I just posted a video on some of my newly found drugstore makeup products. The products in the video are highly affordable and can be found in either Ulta, Walmart or Target. I recently purchased the NYX stay matte but not flat foundation and the coverage was amazing. However I have slightly oily combination skin and this foundation wassnt very matte like expected after a couple hours of errands. Other than that it was a win in my book! I would love for you all to comment your favorites as I am always looking for new products to review. Check out my video below and if you like subscribe for more videos coming soon. Thank you !

YouTube : NeshaNicolle

on 12/28/2017 5:33:00 PM

I use this foundatuon for a bit. It’s not for soft and dry, pale skin. The lightest shade is porcelain and it is dark, really, trust me. But quality is in a high level.😊

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Bleeds EVERYWHERE!! Now, if you are pale skinned this might be fine but if you are a dark woman of color, this is extremely embarrassing! Also, my skin looked oilier! Nothing matte or lasting about this foundation, sorry.

its okay, but i dont really like it because its dry my skin

on 6/28/2017 12:01:00 AM

I bought this foundation for the colour. I have had a lot of trouble finding a foundation that matches my skin without spending a lot of money and Alabaster matches perfectly. I like the feel of the foundation as it never feels too heavy. The staying power could be better, after wearing it for the day it always seems to rub off in some places especially my nose but if you are looking for a budget friendly foundation that offers pale shades, this is it.

When I first bought this foundation, I didn't like it. If I remember correctly, I was using a kabuki brush to apply my foundations at that time and it just didn't seem to cover or do very much. So it stayed in the bottom of my makeup case until I dug it out and decided to try it with my beauty sponge. I like it much better using that application. I would say it is about medium coverage. I still have to use concealer over it because I have areas of hyperpigmentation from previous acne. It does keep me more matte than other foundations I have used but I also attribute that to my Porefessional Primer that I use and love. I may repurchase but I want to try their new Invincible foundation so I'll try that first before I decide if I want to purchase this again.

on 4/26/2017 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Update: I added a star because I ended up experimenting with this over a number of days. I also felt that I should explain that I prefer to apply foundation in light layers and build up coverage. This builds up well when I tinkered with wayne Goss's method of powder before foundation and changed to my bigger sigma angled kabuki for buffing. I also wanted to clarify that the comparison to ELF tinted moisturizer below was when I had probably applied more sparingly than most users and when I diluted with a drop of medium (which Wayne Goss recommends for some foundation but probably not intended with something of the weight here). In other words, I also felt that if you apply 'straight' out of the tube and/or use more than I do, you can achieve more coverage in fewer layers. . . .the most I use is a couple of drops total, so YMMV.

I don't basically rely on foundation for substantial coverage. I do sometimes use concealer on top of foundation if I want more coverage (because with extensive buffing, if I were to apply concealer under foundation, it would be brushed away or dislodged. This doesn't go on my nose. I also purchased SMNF powder, which now that I think about it would not be bad on oilier areas. . . .well moisturized skin should prevent patchiness.
------------
Original review:
I am asian, combination olive skin, NC 30-35 and after swatching all of them SMF08 golden beige, with distinct, obvious yellow undertones was the right one for me.

I bought this as a cheap and temporary fix while I wait for camera ready cosmetics to deliver my Cinema secrets foundation palette # 3 which I dilute with either CS moisture spray; elf hydrating under eye primer in a pump or PAulas choice moisture boost, OR for maximum effect CS primer (silicone). I've also recently started thinning it out with Curel hydra therapy, a water activated moisturizer with mineral oil that has a slicker feeling and works well as either moisturizer or primer. (I use the curel dry for this application basically because I was sent a free sample). When I dilute, I use only the tiniest drop of medium - just enough to bind to the skin. And I really buff out each coat.

NYX SMNF is a light coverage, satin finish on me. It's not really matte, although the process below makes it more matte than by itself. Its fine over moisturizer, primer or elf hydrating under eye primer (due to to elfs cheap cost and lack of irritation, I can use it all over my cheeks). SMNF gives only a little more coverage than elf tinted moisturizer (I may be the only person who loves that product especially in the summer when it's orange tones make me look like I came from a spa) but I apply SMNF very sparingly with my finger, then stipple the foundation (for small areas, small slightly firm concealer brush (morphe G10); for large areas, Sigma angled kabuki (with the Sigma, I obviously use more product, but also buff off more excess).

Oddly, a sponge or regular flat foundation brush produced a cakier texture than fingers alone (typically I think a sponge or brush produces a better texture). Over-application will cause this to be a little cakey. I do not apply foundation or concealer on my oiler t zone, so I don't generally have a problem with oxidization or migration. On my nose, primer then powder, then buff. I do set with Ben Nye powder (banana is my year round choice which acts like a translucent and sometimes highlighting powder, but I also have ben nye olive sand which is closest to my skin color. It sounds like a lot of product, but because I spend the majority of time blending (I cannot call it baking because I don't wait that long) and basically brushing excess off my skin, I don't have issues of make up melting off my face. When you touch your face, it shouldn't feel like there is more product than skin - if so, buff it out to reduce cakiness factor.

I also avoid cakiness by not reapplying during the day. On a dry day, I might spray my cheeks with Cinema secrets moisture spray and I might use a clean and clear oil absorbing sheet on my T zone but that's it. Since I try hard not to touch my face during the day and because I don't apply foundation near my T zone, that I may not be the average person to talk about the longevity of product.

I prefer the squeeze tube to a pump, so I like the packaging.

Edit: I have been using Wayne boss's method of powder (buffed out) under foundation which works to cement it to the face.