Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

4.2

Not tested on animals

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Despite many reviews that this doesnt sting the eye, somehow it stings my eyes and can be too harsh (leaves my eyelids red). Also the hot cloth is troublesome to me as i need to wash the cloth. I took 2 lippies of because of the above reasons. Dont deny that it is really good for removing makeup and cleanses the skin very well. The formula clears up the skin so it is very good for problem skin. The design of the bottle wastes a lot of product as you can't open it up and u cant see how much product is left. I might repurchase it to just cleanse my face and use another cleanser for the eyes.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this after reading several great reviews on various sites. This is my second cleanser in my two step cleaning program. The first is Bioderma micellaire water to remove makeup. I see the improvement in my skin, it's clearer and brighter and definitely more open to toner and serum. The cloth is gentle but does a good job in exfoliating. The product penetrates into the skin while keeping some slip so I can do massage my skin.

I won't repurchase immediately if only for the reason that I'm a product junkie and on the search for my HG cleanser. I will continue to use the muslin cloths.

on 1/20/2015 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My mum introduced me to this cleanser when I was about 13 and I have been using it on and off ever since (I'm always trying different cleansers but always end up coming back to this one)! It leaves the skin so soft and is so moisturising. I have acne prone skin and this has not broke me out in fact it has helped sooth my face, It has natural ingredients as well so that is a bonus. It is amazing at removing make up and even stubborn waterpoof mascara. Will definitely continue to buy!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I liked this and finished the bottle, but I'm not sure I'll repurchase. I like milk/balm cleansers in general (and always use a muslin cloth and love the Liz earle cloths!) but this one felt waxy on my skin. Even after removing it with the muslin cloth I felt like there was a waxy layer on my skin which kept my skin from breathing. I think beeswax is one of the ingredients. I like the Ren milk cleanser better, also Burt's bees orange oil cleanser and clarins cleansing milk are some that I like better.

on 11/22/2011 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nice product! It cleans my face perfectly without making it dry and reasonably cheap. However it doesn't really improve my skin so I wouldn't give a 5

on 1/29/2011 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Love that it removes makeup in one go.'The product itself is a thick cream which u rub into dry skin and then wipe off with a hot muslin cloth. Did not break me out. Not to keen about the consistency though. After a while of massaging, it tends to 'dry up' on the face. Prefer dermalogica's essential cleanser over this but if need be, i would purchase again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This was the first cream cleanser i tried. I appreciated the gentler way to cleansing my skin since starting using this, as previously i was accustomed to wash off cleansers which were quite harsh and not so effective at removing makeup. This was, I realised, the reason to my adult break outs (big, red bumps and congestion on my cheeks, not so much in the t zone) i.e. washing with harsh face washes, that weren't necessarily removing makeup properly but were drying out my skin leading to dehydration and remainders of makeup on my face and therefore breakouts. So cleansing with Liz Earle cream cleanser taught me how to be gentle to my skin, but yet thoroughly removing makeup. And I found I wasn't too dried out after cleansing anymore.
The cream is to be applied to a dry face, over the top of makeup. You massage it in all over your face and it goes about melting the makeup off your face, and then massage over the eyes last so you don't spread your eye makeup over your face. You then wash the muslin cloth with hand hot water. I tend to press the hot cloth to my face for a minute before wiping off as i find the steam makes the make up melt easier. Then i wipe off, using a different section of the cloth for different parts of my face. Rinse the cloth and repeat a couple of times. And then splash the face with cool water to finish off.
I'd sum up this cleanser by saying that it doesn't necessarily treat acne or spots or congestion i.e. it won't make them disappear because it's not a treatment for this skin condition. (Being gentle to your skin will help to reduce this, and you can be gentle with any cream cleanser, not just this one). But what it will do (for me anyway) is maintain your skin. Until the next breakout, where you will need something to treat your skin. And then you can come back to this to maintain your skin.

on 12/19/2008 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a relatively good product and quite reasonable considering that it appears to contain quality, natural ingredients. However I find the whole muslin cloth thing quite time-consuming, but would feel like I have product left on my face if I don’t use the cloths… so will not re-purchase.

on 9/20/2008 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i really liked this product. it cleans your face well and its very smooth. it massaged your face and works well with my skin. will purchase again. this helps my pimples so im a fan of this liz earle produts...

this is a soothing creamy cleanser leaves my skin really clean, smooth and bright looking use it to remove makeup as well, does a good job as everyday cleanser.

Popular Face Skincare Products