Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

No Title

3.8

Not tested on animals

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wanted to love this - it cleanses really well which surprised me as normally requires a heavy duty cleanser to remove sunscreen, but after approximately 1 week of use it started to break me out...small bumps on my jaw line area and chin, almost like a rash. Contacted Liz Earle CS and advised of a couple of different things I could try, neither of which worked for me unfortunately. Something in this product, possibly the Eucalyptus oil, even in such a tiny amount, doesn't want to agree with my skin. Have given to my mum to use and she has absolutely no issues with it and her skin is looking amazing right about now! Trial it first if unsure.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 3/16/2018 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I got a sample in my Birchbox and fell in love. It's cleansing but doesn't strip your face of essential oils and also doesn't break you out either. I just ordered a full size. Amazing stuff!

This is a product I've come back to time and time again! I've tried other cleansers, but nothing at all is as fantastic as this.. I had a serious acne breakout over the summer from a Bare Minerals oil cleanser (which at first was amazing) but then this horrible breakout started, I stopped using this and repurchased the Liz Earle and low and behold cleared up my skin like a dream.. I won't be trying any other cleansers now, I've found "My" perfect cleanser and I'm sticking to it! This product removes everything and my skin feels so good, clean and fresh after using... its very pleasant to use and makeup goes on so well due to how smooth it makes my skin.. definitely a 5* from me... highly recommended..

I'm up to my umpteenth tube of this - what a great product. Melts all my make up off (even give it a good rub into my eyes - negates the need for eye make up remover, never stings eyes). Smells great. A big tube lasts forever. I usually use an oil balm cleanser in the evening first, then use this second. Obvs, wipe off with a hot flannel. Also use this as my morning cleanse. If you sign up to the newsletter (UK) you sometimes can get a good discount code. So pleased this is now in Boots - what a pain in the bum it used to be hiking into John Lewis in town to buy it. Winner.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried time and time again with this cleanser and it really doesn't work for me. In fact I blame it for my having being so lazy when cleansing my face!
As a regular Liz Earle customer over the years I have been sent numerous trial size Cleanse and Polishes, it being lauded as their top product. I've only ever found it OK but hey, it's Liz Earle, everybody raves about it so it must be good so I've carried on using it. People have also bought it for me as a gift ("she likes Liz Earle, she must like this!") hence it has been my cleanser for years-though the reality has been that I've actually been using makeup wipes rather than this most of the time! This has only really been used when I suddenly think "I really should take my skincare more seriously and cleanse properly". Then it's such a faff that after a day or so I return to the lazy girl's solution of makeup wipes.
My experience of using this is that if you use it to remove makeup the muslin cloth is filthy after one use so has to be machine washed so you have to have several cloths to hand. When I'm tired and off to bed the last thing I want to faff about with is a wet, dirty facecloth-don't want to put it in my laundry basket when wet (don't want damp smelling washing if I don't get chance to launder it next day) so what do I do with it? After several washes the cloths become less soft too.
The product itself is just OK (but apparently the [massively inconvenient] cloths are what make it so magical so that's to be expected?? It stings if it gets in your eyes (and invariably it gets in your eyes when you're trying to remove eye makeup) and afterwards my skin feels a bit tight like I've used soap and water. Not great for dry skin types like mine.
Even the pump dispenser clogs (though probably because I leave it so long between uses) and you lose product that has solidified when you press it when you first use it.
I've now given my skincare regime a complete overhaul, discovered a far superior cleanser (Clarins Pure Melt) and this product is now consigned to the bin!
I've given 2 lippies because it's never broken me out and surely, if it were so bad, I wouldn't have used it for so many years-though when I compare it to my newfound cleanser I wonder what the hell I was doing!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Like the moisturiser, this broke me out and irritated me so badly. I think it was the combination of the cocoa butter and capric triglycerides clogging my pores and the eucalyptus essential oil that irritated me. If your skin is sensitive or even the least bit acne prone please patch test this first!

I have been using Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish system for a year now and can safely say this is the best cleanser I've ever used on my face. As this has already been reviewed by many i won't harp on about the texture (creamy), smell (faint) or packaging (plain and uniform across the range). I buy this every 6 weeks and get:
1x 100ml bottle of cleanser
2x muslin cloths
1x 200ml bottle of instant boost toner
It works for me and i have combination skin that is oily on the t-zone, acne marks from my teenage years and hyperpigmentation from sun exposure. I haven't had break-outs in so long i can't honestly remember when the last one was and truly, my skin is in better shape now than in my 20's. (Go figure!).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a brilliant, if expensive, cleanser. My skin has never felt so clean! And I'm noticing that it's starting to look a little clearer since using this too.

I use this product after taking my make-up off, usually with a micellar solution, to make sure every last bit of dirt and grime is gone. I wear foundation, blusher etc every day so like to make sure my skin is completely clean before bed - and this really does the trick!

It is very expensive for a cleanser but you don't need a lot of product for each use so it lasts a while. From reading other reviews some people have mentioned things like irritation - personally I haven't experienced that, but I guess different skin types react differently (I'm oily/combination).

Basically, wow - best cleanser I've used. Makes my skin feel soft and clean like nothing else I've used.

One thing I did notice is that the muslin cloth starts to smell a bit weird after a few uses, but I guess you don't always need to use it (a flannel also works) - but maybe give it a wash every now and again.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this cleanser in the mail today. I already bought this cleanser before but forgot about how good it was, so a week ago I ordered it and fell in love again. This cleanser is seriously HOLY GRAIL. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and it's soo soft after I washed it with the cloth it comes with (I've bought the starter kit it comes woth a 100ml pump of the cleanse & polish and 2 cloths). I also bought the 'instant boost skin tonic' with the spritzer on it. That combination makes my skin sooo soft, glowy, healthy and at least beautiful without an break outs!

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I know for me having as I said sensitive, acne/prone skin, I tip toe around skin care products and theres a few things that stick out to me that can be a problem so just be on the look out if you want to try this. Some of these ingredients include irritating plant extracts or fragrances that can be a problem for sensitive skin types. I havent ran into this problem and Ive been using this cleansing balm at night for a year now

see my full review where I do a break down of the ingredients at http://daisyalexandria.com/?p=92

Popular Face Skincare Products