Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

No Title

Not tested on animals

on 4/9/2017 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This is such an amazing cleanser. Removes all makeup and cleanses the skin without irritation. Been using this product for a month now and my skin was flaky and dry before however it's now super smooth and is looking more bright and clear. Smells lovely and fresh and used with the cloth is such a treat for the skin. I have dry skin and can use this twice a day and it won't dry me out. Would definitely reccomend to use as part of the set with the toner boost and moisturiser as all three products really do work. Absolutely lovely line in super nice baby blue packaging that I will definitely be sticking with for the foreseeable future. Highly reccomend Liz Earle.

Just lovely. An absolute pleasure to use.

It melts into the skin and removes all makeup without a problem. I'd go so far as to say it laughs in the face of makeup.

I use it with a flannel washcloth for added exfoliation, and all that good jazz.

I'm on my third one. I got the starter kit, which is the original I got a 200ml tube in the original version. Then the jasmine & osmanthus version. Both versions smell gorgeous. I can't wait to get my hot little hands other special editions, like Rose & Cedrat.

It has greatly improved the texture and appearance of my normal to oily, spot-prone skin.

(However, full disclosure: before I started using it, I didn't have any skincare regime whatsoever, so that could account for the improvement. If I did wash my face, it was in the shower with shower gel, followed by using whatever cheap body lotion I was using. Or sometimes I used baby wipes. In my defence, I wasn't a big makeup wearer.)

I've tried two or three other balms but this is by far the best.

This bad boy (girl?) has changed my life! Can't say enough good things about it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this! I have become quite the fan of European skincare and fragrance products as they are great for my sensitive skin. This is creme de la creme for me.

It does remove light makeup but if you use a full face of it or a really longwearing and/or full-coverage foundation, you will likely need to cleanse twice or with two cleansers.

I use it as directed but with using a regular washcloth as opposed to the muslin, as I exfoliate chemically (Pixi Glow Tonic) more often than doing anything physical with a cloth or a scrub. This doesn't irritate my skin and leaves it clean but soft-feeling and helps to lessen the severity of the inevitable hormonal breakouts and to take them down quickly. Rinse off well as the formula is thick, but your skin, if like mine, will feel so soft.

on 1/21/2016 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have very dry skin and so had resorted to using only micellar water for cleansing. I didn't mind using it until I went to a Liz Earle counter after remembering a blogger mention Cleanse and Polish. The advisor rubbed some in on my hand and it seemed so easy to clean away, and left my skin really soft and hydrated. Plus, I got a Christmas deal which meant I got a full sized bottle and 2 muslin cloths in a little bag for £15, which I didn't think was bad. Especially considering that the bottle will last 30 days used morning and night/ 60 days used once daily. Since using Cleanse and Polish, I've noticed that my skin isn't dry and tight as it was after using micellar water, and it is so much easier to remove makeup!! Literally just rubbing some cream in and wiping it away. No silly cotton balls needed. Best of all, my skin feels really clean but also really moisturised and smooth. I use this daily in the evening to remove my makeup. I haven't had any spots or irritation since using this.

Having combination skin, I had always made the mistake of thinking I could only use foaming/wash-off cleansers to strip the oil from my skin and avoid breakouts. However, after trying this cleanser on offer (got this along with the moisturiser, toner and eye lotion), I was amazed at how much my skin improved using a cream/balm cleanser such as this.

I love how easy this is to use, I just take a small amount, massage it over my whole face, gentle wipe it off with a muslin cloth or flannel and finish with a splash of water and it leaves my skin feeling smooth and fresh. I feel (although nice to use) the toner and eye lotion are pretty much useless but I feel the cleanser and moisturiser combo work well on my skin.

It is expensive however I find I've only been through one and a half bottle of this in a year which isn't awful and it can be more cost effective to purchase as a set since I use other products in this range.

I would say this product is also good at removing traces of makeup that my makeup remover hasn't removed (and it never burns my eyes when using around this area). However, I would not use it alone as a makeup remover.

Overall, this product has really improved my skin's texture and appearance and since using it I definitely do not suffer from breakouts as much as I did before. The cons are definitely the price for me and that the 'travel-size' 100ml version of this product is still very large and bulky so not ideal to be brought on holiday etc..

on 10/27/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I was introduced to this by my Aunt several years ago and it has been one of my all time favourite products ever since then! I have the cleanse and polish, toner spray, moisturiser, and deep cleansing mask and I love them all. I like to take the time twice a week to give myself a little DIY facial using all the products and I love the smell and how luxurious they feel. Il focus on just the cleanser for some pros and cons:

Pros:
Economical formula: although pricey, if you use it right it will last longer than you'd expect. The formula is thick and creamy and one pump dispenses exactly the right amount of product so you don't waste any. A little really does go a long way

Smell: I love the light eucalyptus smell of this I think it smells luxurious and lends itself well to a weekend pamper session!

It works: I can't speak for everyone but I really feel like I've seen a very noticable improvement in my skin condition since I started using this. My skin can be a little sensitive - particularly to fragrance - and I've had no reactions or sensitivity. My face feels smooth, clean and healthy after I use this

Cons:
Price: it is a bit on the pricy side. I have a cheaper alternative too and I tend to alternate so I don't end up rebuying the whole range every 2 months as this would be way out of my budget!

Muslin cloths - Arg! They drive my boyfriend nuts because they are always hanging all over the place drying out! It is a bit of a faff having to use these as obviously you have to keep them clean and dry. I think it's worth it but some may not

on 9/8/2015 4:26:00 PM

Well...I must be one of the only people on the planet that finds this brand super over rated. Seriously I bought the cleanser, moisturiser, toner and brightening mask and none of it does anything at all for my skin apart from make it feel like I've only washed my face with plain water.

Definintly going back to Dermalogica when I use this all up which hopefully is soon as my skin is so dry and clogged up! Useless!

on 3/15/2015 7:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

"If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?" - Yeah, maybe if I couldn't get hold of the Clinique Take The Day Off Balm.

This feels smooth and creamy to apply. It's also economical, as I found I only needed one pump (which doesn't dispense very much) for my whole face, possibly an extra wee half pump more if you're wearing more than just mascara or brow make up. However, much as I liked the fresh, herbal smell, I wonder if it was the cause of the initially pleasant, cold, tingling sensation on my face. While sometimes it made my face feel softer, at times my face was also slightly red and patchy after applying it. I wondered if perhaps my skin was too sensitive to the hot cleanser, but it seems to be OK with its replacement of Clinique TTDOB. Sensitive skins approach with caution maybe.

I will happily I jumped head first onto the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish bandwagon. After reading rave reviews everywhere I went I figured I would give it a shot.

The product itself is a creamy texture and felt nice on the skin, used in conjunction with the muslin cloth it had a nice exfoliating effect and therein lay the problem for me. This product felt quite stripping on my skin and really dried me out. I found that I had a lot more flaky skin and it broke me out on my cheeks where I almost never break out.

Overall I really wanted to love it, especially because it was so expensive, but I ended up donating to a friend who raves about it and will use nothing else. It obviously works for a lot of people so it may be worth giving it a try it just didnt rock my world.

on 2/19/2015 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is perfect for my sensitive skin it erases all makeup including waterproof mascara the texture is rich and creamy. My skin is always smooth and clear afterwards without redness or irritation. Its a more gentle alternative to a scrub.

Popular Face Skincare Products