Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
No Title

Not tested on animals

Great post! I have done a review for acne prone skin and how it helped clear my skin: http://www.emilyrajch.co.uk/liz-earle-cleanse-polish-review-acne/

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing!!!!!!!!!! Nothing takes off my makeup like cleanse and polish. Leaves my skin beautifully clean and soft and also doesn't make my skin red at all which most cleansers do to my skin. I use the entire line including haircare now as everything I try ends up being amazing.

I have been using Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish system for a year now and can safely say this is the best cleanser I've ever used on my face. As this has already been reviewed by many i won't harp on about the texture (creamy), smell (faint) or packaging (plain and uniform across the range). I buy this every 6 weeks and get:
1x 100ml bottle of cleanser
2x muslin cloths
1x 200ml bottle of instant boost toner
It works for me and i have combination skin that is oily on the t-zone, acne marks from my teenage years and hyperpigmentation from sun exposure. I haven't had break-outs in so long i can't honestly remember when the last one was and truly, my skin is in better shape now than in my 20's. (Go figure!).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a brilliant, if expensive, cleanser. My skin has never felt so clean! And I'm noticing that it's starting to look a little clearer since using this too.

I use this product after taking my make-up off, usually with a micellar solution, to make sure every last bit of dirt and grime is gone. I wear foundation, blusher etc every day so like to make sure my skin is completely clean before bed - and this really does the trick!

It is very expensive for a cleanser but you don't need a lot of product for each use so it lasts a while. From reading other reviews some people have mentioned things like irritation - personally I haven't experienced that, but I guess different skin types react differently (I'm oily/combination).

Basically, wow - best cleanser I've used. Makes my skin feel soft and clean like nothing else I've used.

One thing I did notice is that the muslin cloth starts to smell a bit weird after a few uses, but I guess you don't always need to use it (a flannel also works) - but maybe give it a wash every now and again.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this cleanser in the mail today. I already bought this cleanser before but forgot about how good it was, so a week ago I ordered it and fell in love again. This cleanser is seriously HOLY GRAIL. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and it's soo soft after I washed it with the cloth it comes with (I've bought the starter kit it comes woth a 100ml pump of the cleanse & polish and 2 cloths). I also bought the 'instant boost skin tonic' with the spritzer on it. That combination makes my skin sooo soft, glowy, healthy and at least beautiful without an break outs!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I was a bit worried about using this product as I have sensitive spot prone skin. I thought the travel size one would be best to try out before I purchased the larger full size cleanser. It removed my makeup very well but did still feel like it left some product on my skin, so I used soap and glory face and clarity afterwards which did get rid of the excess Liz Earle. I then used Liz earls toner and there wasn't any makeup on my cotton wool pad left over. I only use this cleanser in the evening to get rid of my makeup and it does a very good job of this! It cuts through even the long wear foundations. The only thing I hate is the hot cloths you have to use, your makeup stains them on the first use. Even though I rinse them over and over they are still stained and feel like you need to replace them after 2 days. Even in the washing machine the stains are still visible. This can end up being pricy. I have used it without the hot cloths lately and it seems to not make much difference so I may just ditch the cloths altogether. I've been using this for a year now and ow purchase the largest cleanser available.

on 1/2/2014 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This has worked great for my breakout prone 35+ skin. I love the smell and how clean it makes my skin feel.

on 7/20/2013 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I understand why this is so popular. It's the one cleanser I repeatedly come back to. Gentle, effective and a really lovely consistency. I didn't notice a difference in my skin when I started using it but when I stopped I found my skin was less balanced and more prone to the odd break out and dry patches. I use it at least once a day, sometimes choosing to oil cleanse at night or use an AHA cleanser in the mornings. Overall this is simply an absolute pleasure to use. The muslin cloths are also great, I do sometimes use a cotton wash cloth or micro fibre cloth but I think the Liz Earle cloths are pretty good and I usually stock up with a couple when I repurchase.

This stuff is awsome! Altho hav only used it twice so far but it did a fab job at cleaning my face.
The smell reminds me of Airwaves gum (if ur from the UK u will know what i mean!) ...a very sweet mentholy.. kinda smell... like liqorice almost.
The texture was very diffrnt compared to what iv used in the past. Like a cream foam so to speak. But a thick texture. Something like what comes out frm a mans shave foam gel can! ;p
It felt luxurious to use... and i felt like inwas in a salon ;)
Wud definatly re purchase this again. I will update again after a weeks continued use so watch this space ;);)

I absolutely love this stuff!!! I'm quite surprised it only has a rating of 3.8.

I have used this for two years now and am completely addicted to it. When I use this my skin is left feeling clean, fresh and soft (down to the chamomile and cocoa butter I suspect). This is a cream which has a thick, luxurious texture and is applied to dry skin. It's very gentle and contains nothing harsh e.g. alcohol or sulfates (hence it doesn't lather). For such a soft cleanser this does a very good job of removing makeup, even heavy. However, I tend to remove makeup with wipes prior to using this to get the full cleansing benefits (FYI my skin type is combo).

I love using the muslin cloths with my cleanse and polish but I've recently started using it with my clarisonic. I massage it well into dry skin, wet my clarisonic a little so it glides more easily and then cleanse away! Finally I rinse what's left off my face and follow with my Instant Boost Tonic which is also super. Quick tip!!! When washing your cloths avoid using fabric softener which makes them too soft. This keeps them nice and firm which works better to exfoliate the skin.

I definitely prefer the 200ml tube over the 100ml airless pump. When the tube appears empty I cut the top open to reveal another 3 days supply which is why I think the pump is wasteful.

For those who feel their skin is not clean, perhaps they are not rinsing the muslin cloths well enough, therefore just smearing the cleanser around their face instead of removing it altogether.

Overall, I highly recommend this cleanser, you should give it go!

Popular Face Skincare Products