Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
No Title

Not tested on animals

Great post! I have done a review for acne prone skin and how it helped clear my skin: http://www.emilyrajch.co.uk/liz-earle-cleanse-polish-review-acne/

I can take my makeup off with it, without having to wet my face - it sounds odd, but having to wash my face over a basin has always been tedious... and messy!!! It's ok for eyes but I'd still use coconut oil and a soft cloth on my eyes before/after, to get rid of it all properly. My skin feels clean, and the fact that it's easier to use, means I use it... even after a late night.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing!!!!!!!!!! Nothing takes off my makeup like cleanse and polish. Leaves my skin beautifully clean and soft and also doesn't make my skin red at all which most cleansers do to my skin. I use the entire line including haircare now as everything I try ends up being amazing.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried time and time again with this cleanser and it really doesn't work for me. In fact I blame it for my having being so lazy when cleansing my face!
As a regular Liz Earle customer over the years I have been sent numerous trial size Cleanse and Polishes, it being lauded as their top product. I've only ever found it OK but hey, it's Liz Earle, everybody raves about it so it must be good so I've carried on using it. People have also bought it for me as a gift ("she likes Liz Earle, she must like this!") hence it has been my cleanser for years-though the reality has been that I've actually been using makeup wipes rather than this most of the time! This has only really been used when I suddenly think "I really should take my skincare more seriously and cleanse properly". Then it's such a faff that after a day or so I return to the lazy girl's solution of makeup wipes.
My experience of using this is that if you use it to remove makeup the muslin cloth is filthy after one use so has to be machine washed so you have to have several cloths to hand. When I'm tired and off to bed the last thing I want to faff about with is a wet, dirty facecloth-don't want to put it in my laundry basket when wet (don't want damp smelling washing if I don't get chance to launder it next day) so what do I do with it? After several washes the cloths become less soft too.
The product itself is just OK (but apparently the [massively inconvenient] cloths are what make it so magical so that's to be expected?? It stings if it gets in your eyes (and invariably it gets in your eyes when you're trying to remove eye makeup) and afterwards my skin feels a bit tight like I've used soap and water. Not great for dry skin types like mine.
Even the pump dispenser clogs (though probably because I leave it so long between uses) and you lose product that has solidified when you press it when you first use it.
I've now given my skincare regime a complete overhaul, discovered a far superior cleanser (Clarins Pure Melt) and this product is now consigned to the bin!
I've given 2 lippies because it's never broken me out and surely, if it were so bad, I wouldn't have used it for so many years-though when I compare it to my newfound cleanser I wonder what the hell I was doing!

I have been using Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish system for a year now and can safely say this is the best cleanser I've ever used on my face. As this has already been reviewed by many i won't harp on about the texture (creamy), smell (faint) or packaging (plain and uniform across the range). I buy this every 6 weeks and get:
1x 100ml bottle of cleanser
2x muslin cloths
1x 200ml bottle of instant boost toner
It works for me and i have combination skin that is oily on the t-zone, acne marks from my teenage years and hyperpigmentation from sun exposure. I haven't had break-outs in so long i can't honestly remember when the last one was and truly, my skin is in better shape now than in my 20's. (Go figure!).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a brilliant, if expensive, cleanser. My skin has never felt so clean! And I'm noticing that it's starting to look a little clearer since using this too.

I use this product after taking my make-up off, usually with a micellar solution, to make sure every last bit of dirt and grime is gone. I wear foundation, blusher etc every day so like to make sure my skin is completely clean before bed - and this really does the trick!

It is very expensive for a cleanser but you don't need a lot of product for each use so it lasts a while. From reading other reviews some people have mentioned things like irritation - personally I haven't experienced that, but I guess different skin types react differently (I'm oily/combination).

Basically, wow - best cleanser I've used. Makes my skin feel soft and clean like nothing else I've used.

One thing I did notice is that the muslin cloth starts to smell a bit weird after a few uses, but I guess you don't always need to use it (a flannel also works) - but maybe give it a wash every now and again.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this cleanser in the mail today. I already bought this cleanser before but forgot about how good it was, so a week ago I ordered it and fell in love again. This cleanser is seriously HOLY GRAIL. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and it's soo soft after I washed it with the cloth it comes with (I've bought the starter kit it comes woth a 100ml pump of the cleanse & polish and 2 cloths). I also bought the 'instant boost skin tonic' with the spritzer on it. That combination makes my skin sooo soft, glowy, healthy and at least beautiful without an break outs!

on 2/19/2015 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is perfect for my sensitive skin it erases all makeup including waterproof mascara the texture is rich and creamy. My skin is always smooth and clear afterwards without redness or irritation. Its a more gentle alternative to a scrub.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I was a bit worried about using this product as I have sensitive spot prone skin. I thought the travel size one would be best to try out before I purchased the larger full size cleanser. It removed my makeup very well but did still feel like it left some product on my skin, so I used soap and glory face and clarity afterwards which did get rid of the excess Liz Earle. I then used Liz earls toner and there wasn't any makeup on my cotton wool pad left over. I only use this cleanser in the evening to get rid of my makeup and it does a very good job of this! It cuts through even the long wear foundations. The only thing I hate is the hot cloths you have to use, your makeup stains them on the first use. Even though I rinse them over and over they are still stained and feel like you need to replace them after 2 days. Even in the washing machine the stains are still visible. This can end up being pricy. I have used it without the hot cloths lately and it seems to not make much difference so I may just ditch the cloths altogether. I've been using this for a year now and ow purchase the largest cleanser available.

on 7/12/2014 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is great! I don't really like using too many products on my skin and was worried this may be too rich/not agree with my skin. I couldn't have been more wrong. I usually use bioderma water to remove makeup and sometimes follow with la roche posay to remove the rest. Then I use Liz Earle cleanse and polish and I'm amazed at how much makeup is still in my skin in my pores. The muslin cloths are soft yet still exfoliate enough to ensure pores feel clear. I would highly recommend this product to everyone as it also contains natural ingredients so great for sensitive skin types too.

Popular Face Skincare Products