Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

No Title

3.9

Not tested on animals

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wanted to love this - it cleanses really well which surprised me as normally requires a heavy duty cleanser to remove sunscreen, but after approximately 1 week of use it started to break me out...small bumps on my jaw line area and chin, almost like a rash. Contacted Liz Earle CS and advised of a couple of different things I could try, neither of which worked for me unfortunately. Something in this product, possibly the Eucalyptus oil, even in such a tiny amount, doesn't want to agree with my skin. Have given to my mum to use and she has absolutely no issues with it and her skin is looking amazing right about now! Trial it first if unsure.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 3/16/2018 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I got a sample in my Birchbox and fell in love. It's cleansing but doesn't strip your face of essential oils and also doesn't break you out either. I just ordered a full size. Amazing stuff!

This is a product I've come back to time and time again! I've tried other cleansers, but nothing at all is as fantastic as this.. I had a serious acne breakout over the summer from a Bare Minerals oil cleanser (which at first was amazing) but then this horrible breakout started, I stopped using this and repurchased the Liz Earle and low and behold cleared up my skin like a dream.. I won't be trying any other cleansers now, I've found "My" perfect cleanser and I'm sticking to it! This product removes everything and my skin feels so good, clean and fresh after using... its very pleasant to use and makeup goes on so well due to how smooth it makes my skin.. definitely a 5* from me... highly recommended..

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Despite many reviews that this doesnt sting the eye, somehow it stings my eyes and can be too harsh (leaves my eyelids red). Also the hot cloth is troublesome to me as i need to wash the cloth. I took 2 lippies of because of the above reasons. Dont deny that it is really good for removing makeup and cleanses the skin very well. The formula clears up the skin so it is very good for problem skin. The design of the bottle wastes a lot of product as you can't open it up and u cant see how much product is left. I might repurchase it to just cleanse my face and use another cleanser for the eyes.

Great post! I have done a review for acne prone skin and how it helped clear my skin: http://www.emilyrajch.co.uk/liz-earle-cleanse-polish-review-acne/

I'm up to my umpteenth tube of this - what a great product. Melts all my make up off (even give it a good rub into my eyes - negates the need for eye make up remover, never stings eyes). Smells great. A big tube lasts forever. I usually use an oil balm cleanser in the evening first, then use this second. Obvs, wipe off with a hot flannel. Also use this as my morning cleanse. If you sign up to the newsletter (UK) you sometimes can get a good discount code. So pleased this is now in Boots - what a pain in the bum it used to be hiking into John Lewis in town to buy it. Winner.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this after reading several great reviews on various sites. This is my second cleanser in my two step cleaning program. The first is Bioderma micellaire water to remove makeup. I see the improvement in my skin, it's clearer and brighter and definitely more open to toner and serum. The cloth is gentle but does a good job in exfoliating. The product penetrates into the skin while keeping some slip so I can do massage my skin.

I won't repurchase immediately if only for the reason that I'm a product junkie and on the search for my HG cleanser. I will continue to use the muslin cloths.

on 4/9/2017 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This is such an amazing cleanser. Removes all makeup and cleanses the skin without irritation. Been using this product for a month now and my skin was flaky and dry before however it's now super smooth and is looking more bright and clear. Smells lovely and fresh and used with the cloth is such a treat for the skin. I have dry skin and can use this twice a day and it won't dry me out. Would definitely reccomend to use as part of the set with the toner boost and moisturiser as all three products really do work. Absolutely lovely line in super nice baby blue packaging that I will definitely be sticking with for the foreseeable future. Highly reccomend Liz Earle.

on 3/13/2017 1:02:00 AM

I used this consistently for about 2 weeks to give it a fair try, I also used it as directed and rubbed my face very lightly with the cloth in circular motions and I rinsed really well with warm and then cold water.

While washing my face I began to notice little red bumps like a rash appearing on my forehead, this subsided shortly after washing my face so no big deal but not long after little white heads and red pimples started appearing on my forehead, temples, hair line, sides of my nose, chin and jaw line and ive one or two on my cheeks as well, I stopped using the cleanser but ive now got large painful, red cystic spots on my chin, temple and forehead and small pimples everywhere else that wont clear up.

I read somewhere that this can be the product drawing all the crap out of your skin but it's been 2 weeks and ive seen no improvement, for something that claims to improve your skin, it's given me skin problems.

Ive never had acne prone skin and its rare that a product breaks me out although it does happen occasionally, never anything as bad as this, ive a big red scab on one side of my forehead after using this. My skin is usually so dry I have to moisturise daily with oils, heavy creams like Palmers cocoa butter or Vaseline to get some life into it, its rare I get spots so I don't know what's in this that's causing me skin problems.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this cleanser! I'm pregnant and usually have sensitive skin however my skin has not reacted to this product. The cleanser smells amazing and skin feels soft after use. I got the skin tonic, 2muslin cloths, skin repair moisturiser in a kit for £45 with a free facial exfoliator! Love it and much cheaper than the clarins I was using!

Popular Face Skincare Products