Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

Not tested on animals

on 10/27/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I was introduced to this by my Aunt several years ago and it has been one of my all time favourite products ever since then! I have the cleanse and polish, toner spray, moisturiser, and deep cleansing mask and I love them all. I like to take the time twice a week to give myself a little DIY facial using all the products and I love the smell and how luxurious they feel. Il focus on just the cleanser for some pros and cons:

Pros:
Economical formula: although pricey, if you use it right it will last longer than you'd expect. The formula is thick and creamy and one pump dispenses exactly the right amount of product so you don't waste any. A little really does go a long way

Smell: I love the light eucalyptus smell of this I think it smells luxurious and lends itself well to a weekend pamper session!

It works: I can't speak for everyone but I really feel like I've seen a very noticable improvement in my skin condition since I started using this. My skin can be a little sensitive - particularly to fragrance - and I've had no reactions or sensitivity. My face feels smooth, clean and healthy after I use this

Cons:
Price: it is a bit on the pricy side. I have a cheaper alternative too and I tend to alternate so I don't end up rebuying the whole range every 2 months as this would be way out of my budget!

Muslin cloths - Arg! They drive my boyfriend nuts because they are always hanging all over the place drying out! It is a bit of a faff having to use these as obviously you have to keep them clean and dry. I think it's worth it but some may not

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I was a bit worried about using this product as I have sensitive spot prone skin. I thought the travel size one would be best to try out before I purchased the larger full size cleanser. It removed my makeup very well but did still feel like it left some product on my skin, so I used soap and glory face and clarity afterwards which did get rid of the excess Liz Earle. I then used Liz earls toner and there wasn't any makeup on my cotton wool pad left over. I only use this cleanser in the evening to get rid of my makeup and it does a very good job of this! It cuts through even the long wear foundations. The only thing I hate is the hot cloths you have to use, your makeup stains them on the first use. Even though I rinse them over and over they are still stained and feel like you need to replace them after 2 days. Even in the washing machine the stains are still visible. This can end up being pricy. I have used it without the hot cloths lately and it seems to not make much difference so I may just ditch the cloths altogether. I've been using this for a year now and ow purchase the largest cleanser available.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I am a skincare junkie- i love trying all the new skincare products as i am on the quest to get "flawless skin!" so i decided to try this as i have been hearing so many raves about it- i have only used it about 5 times so far but i LOVE IT, its like a mini facial- the cream is so smooth and just glides on and smells really fresh and clean (i hate major perfumed skin products) after using the Muslin cloth- your skin feels soft and looks brighter. My skin has cleared up alittle and i am sure it will continue to do so after much more regular usage.

Overall, i love this product and i most definatley WILL repurchase !

on 1/6/2010 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Love it! Love it! Love it!

My skin feels so smooth and clean after using this product and it manages to get all my eye makeup off too. You take off the cleanser using a damp pure muslin cloth (included) which acts like a gentle exfoliator. In the past I've tried to switch to other products being that her products can be a bit pricey but within weeks i find myself going back.

I use most of the products in her range and have been for several years now and it's worked wonders on my skin :0)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Despite many reviews that this doesnt sting the eye, somehow it stings my eyes and can be too harsh (leaves my eyelids red). Also the hot cloth is troublesome to me as i need to wash the cloth. I took 2 lippies of because of the above reasons. Dont deny that it is really good for removing makeup and cleanses the skin very well. The formula clears up the skin so it is very good for problem skin. The design of the bottle wastes a lot of product as you can't open it up and u cant see how much product is left. I might repurchase it to just cleanse my face and use another cleanser for the eyes.

on 11/19/2010 8:17:00 AM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I was introduced to this cleanser after reading a very positive review about it by one of my favourite beauty bloggers. I just had to try it! It is a luxurious cream that you massage into the skin and wash off with a muslin cloth. The best thing about it is that it effectively removed all my make-up, even waterproof mascara and Amy winehouse style eye liner! The price of it is also impressive at around 14. I even recommended it to my mum and friends and have them all hooked! The only reason I didnt give this cleanser '5 lipsticks' is that with my combination skin I found that using a muslin cloth was making my spots spread around my face and resulted in me having severe acne. This isnt the first person I know that this has happened to either. I believe its the coco butter in the cleanser that clogs my pores. If you have dry, sensitive or normal skin its definately worth trying though.