Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

Not tested on animals

on 1/21/2016 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have very dry skin and so had resorted to using only micellar water for cleansing. I didn't mind using it until I went to a Liz Earle counter after remembering a blogger mention Cleanse and Polish. The advisor rubbed some in on my hand and it seemed so easy to clean away, and left my skin really soft and hydrated. Plus, I got a Christmas deal which meant I got a full sized bottle and 2 muslin cloths in a little bag for £15, which I didn't think was bad. Especially considering that the bottle will last 30 days used morning and night/ 60 days used once daily. Since using Cleanse and Polish, I've noticed that my skin isn't dry and tight as it was after using micellar water, and it is so much easier to remove makeup!! Literally just rubbing some cream in and wiping it away. No silly cotton balls needed. Best of all, my skin feels really clean but also really moisturised and smooth. I use this daily in the evening to remove my makeup. I haven't had any spots or irritation since using this.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a brilliant, if expensive, cleanser. My skin has never felt so clean! And I'm noticing that it's starting to look a little clearer since using this too.

I use this product after taking my make-up off, usually with a micellar solution, to make sure every last bit of dirt and grime is gone. I wear foundation, blusher etc every day so like to make sure my skin is completely clean before bed - and this really does the trick!

It is very expensive for a cleanser but you don't need a lot of product for each use so it lasts a while. From reading other reviews some people have mentioned things like irritation - personally I haven't experienced that, but I guess different skin types react differently (I'm oily/combination).

Basically, wow - best cleanser I've used. Makes my skin feel soft and clean like nothing else I've used.

One thing I did notice is that the muslin cloth starts to smell a bit weird after a few uses, but I guess you don't always need to use it (a flannel also works) - but maybe give it a wash every now and again.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this cleanser in the mail today. I already bought this cleanser before but forgot about how good it was, so a week ago I ordered it and fell in love again. This cleanser is seriously HOLY GRAIL. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and it's soo soft after I washed it with the cloth it comes with (I've bought the starter kit it comes woth a 100ml pump of the cleanse & polish and 2 cloths). I also bought the 'instant boost skin tonic' with the spritzer on it. That combination makes my skin sooo soft, glowy, healthy and at least beautiful without an break outs!

on 4/28/2015 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is really a great cleanser! I was looking for a cream cleanser that was not irritating my eyes for years and now I found it. This cleanser does everything I want.
It cleanses my skin and (mascara) eyes perfectly, does not irritate my eyes, does not cause dermatitis or acne, is parfum free and does not dry out my skin.
I do not use the muslin cloth anymore, but a regular washcloth, I like that more, it is softer on my skin and somehow exfoliates better.

What I learned about my sensitive skin the last years is not to use foaming cleansers and to exfoliate every day in a mild way (washcloth).
Also to use parfum free product without other irritating ingredients.
I suffered from acne, blefaritis and seborrheic dermatitis my whole life and this keeps everything in control.

I cleanse my skin with the Liz Earl cleanser and a washcloth at night and moisturize with Physiogel.
In the morning wash my skin with water and moisturize with Cicabio from Bioderma.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best cleanser I have used. It removes all traces of dirt and makeup whilst maintaining my skins softness. I do still suffer from blemishes however I think that it is hormonal. I will always use this cleanser now as my skin looks a lot more radiant as a result of using this everyday

This is the first cleanser in a very long time that didn't leave my skin feeling stripped and tight afterwards! It is a fairly thick cream and feels quite luxurious to put on -maybe because it is quite moisturising and you know its expensive- but it takes quite a lot of effort to remove. The smell is different to other cleansers I have used. Quite herbal. Don't like or dislike the smell. Importantly it is one of the few products that have helped my stubborn spots! I dint know why except I have been told stripping the skin which this does not do causes it to produce more oil. I have bought it again but it will just be too expensive to continue using in the long term unfortunately.

on 10/18/2013 5:52:00 PM

I've been using this for over a year and I keep buying it as it really suits my skin. Not everything works for everyone but I find that it keeps my skin from drying out and I managed to get through the whole of last years harsh winter without developing any of the dry patches of skin that I usually get. Even my beautician commented that I had lovely clear skin. I buy it when Liz Earle has special offers or as part of their monthly deals to keep the cost down.

on 10/6/2013 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I know this was one the original muslin cloth cleansers but I've done it the wrong way round and tried Eve Lom, Elemis and many other oil cloth wash off cleansers first. This is by FAR the best for my skin. I'm still in my 20s and my skin can't take the creamier ones so maybe that's why - it's less heavy than the others, I love how well it gets my eye make up off, I love the smell but most of all I love my great my skin looks when I use this on a regular basis.

on 3/15/2013 5:30:00 PM

After years on antibiotics, dianette, Panoxyl, sulphur tablets etc I began using dermalogica dermal clay which was amazing at clearing up my skin and soaking up excess oil but after about four years of use it began to be too harsh for my skin and was drying it out and irritating my eye area. I had heard one pal rave about liz Earle and had seen positive reviews about it in mags so made an online order. Got two free samples which was nice as liz Earle stuff always smells gorgeous. I used the cleanser and the very next day was told my skin was glowing by a work colleague. It is a treat to apply and rub off with the muslin cloth, just enough exfoliation and not too rough. Skin feels clean and calm, not irritated or tight. I have been using this for five years now and my skin is the best it has ever been. I have on occasion attempted to use a different cleanser but this always results in a flare up. I totally endorse this product but everyone is different and it may work on some skins better than others. I don't believe any cleanser can completely help to clear up skin as think a lot of other factors come into play but this is the best at cleaning, clearing, calming and caring for skin that I have tried. The pump bottle is a bit wasteful and I prefer the tube.

Edit: Jan 2015 bought the limited edition cleanse and polish with orange flower extract, worked fine for two weeks though it felt a bit more watery than the original. Noticed my red wasn't as calm looking afterwards but didn't click it was the cleanser. Today I used it and had a very bad reaction, bright red face, blotches and my skin started to get that bubbled look. My skin is a bit sensitive but has been less so the last few years so this was a surprise.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is, quite undoubtably, my all time HG cleanser. I have tried many cleansers and this one just knocks every single one of them out of the way! I came to discover it from several recommendations from friends, because I have never really used Liz Earle before. I quite like the cleanser and cloth technique, it makes me feel as though its getting a thorough, deep clean at the beginning and end of every day. It has a thick, creamy texture and literally takes away every scrap of make up, even the most stubborn of waterproof mascara. I used to spend forever scrubbing away at my lashes because I had been unable to find a cleanser that managed to get it completely off, but with cleanse and polish it is a complete breeze. I have quite dry skin, so also noticed that this product is quite moisturising, doesn't break me out and makes my skin look altogether healthier. It is a little more expensive than your average cleanser, but I think the pice is more than justified when you get results as good as what you do. Would definitely recommend and buy again.

Popular Face Skincare Products