Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

No Title

3.9

Not tested on animals

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this after reading several great reviews on various sites. This is my second cleanser in my two step cleaning program. The first is Bioderma micellaire water to remove makeup. I see the improvement in my skin, it's clearer and brighter and definitely more open to toner and serum. The cloth is gentle but does a good job in exfoliating. The product penetrates into the skin while keeping some slip so I can do massage my skin.

I won't repurchase immediately if only for the reason that I'm a product junkie and on the search for my HG cleanser. I will continue to use the muslin cloths.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My skin dries out really easily and I usually don't even bother trying products that i need to rinse off since my skin always feels like a drumskin afterwards no matter how expensive or hyped the product is. BUT this actually doesn't dry my skin out, probably because coconut (caprylic triglycerid) and cocoa butter is two of the main ingredients. I also like the hot cloth thingy that helps exfoliate the skin without irritating it. I would recommend this for anyone that gets both dry and flaky easily. The rich, wite cream (no annoying and dehydrating foam!)smells a lot of eacalyptus and feels kind of cool on the skin at first and could probably be irritatating if you have super sensitiive skin but i don't so it wasn't a problem for me.

on 1/21/2016 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have very dry skin and so had resorted to using only micellar water for cleansing. I didn't mind using it until I went to a Liz Earle counter after remembering a blogger mention Cleanse and Polish. The advisor rubbed some in on my hand and it seemed so easy to clean away, and left my skin really soft and hydrated. Plus, I got a Christmas deal which meant I got a full sized bottle and 2 muslin cloths in a little bag for £15, which I didn't think was bad. Especially considering that the bottle will last 30 days used morning and night/ 60 days used once daily. Since using Cleanse and Polish, I've noticed that my skin isn't dry and tight as it was after using micellar water, and it is so much easier to remove makeup!! Literally just rubbing some cream in and wiping it away. No silly cotton balls needed. Best of all, my skin feels really clean but also really moisturised and smooth. I use this daily in the evening to remove my makeup. I haven't had any spots or irritation since using this.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a brilliant, if expensive, cleanser. My skin has never felt so clean! And I'm noticing that it's starting to look a little clearer since using this too.

I use this product after taking my make-up off, usually with a micellar solution, to make sure every last bit of dirt and grime is gone. I wear foundation, blusher etc every day so like to make sure my skin is completely clean before bed - and this really does the trick!

It is very expensive for a cleanser but you don't need a lot of product for each use so it lasts a while. From reading other reviews some people have mentioned things like irritation - personally I haven't experienced that, but I guess different skin types react differently (I'm oily/combination).

Basically, wow - best cleanser I've used. Makes my skin feel soft and clean like nothing else I've used.

One thing I did notice is that the muslin cloth starts to smell a bit weird after a few uses, but I guess you don't always need to use it (a flannel also works) - but maybe give it a wash every now and again.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this cleanser in the mail today. I already bought this cleanser before but forgot about how good it was, so a week ago I ordered it and fell in love again. This cleanser is seriously HOLY GRAIL. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and it's soo soft after I washed it with the cloth it comes with (I've bought the starter kit it comes woth a 100ml pump of the cleanse & polish and 2 cloths). I also bought the 'instant boost skin tonic' with the spritzer on it. That combination makes my skin sooo soft, glowy, healthy and at least beautiful without an break outs!

on 4/28/2015 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is really a great cleanser! I was looking for a cream cleanser that was not irritating my eyes for years and now I found it. This cleanser does everything I want.
It cleanses my skin and (mascara) eyes perfectly, does not irritate my eyes, does not cause dermatitis or acne, is parfum free and does not dry out my skin.
I do not use the muslin cloth anymore, but a regular washcloth, I like that more, it is softer on my skin and somehow exfoliates better.

What I learned about my sensitive skin the last years is not to use foaming cleansers and to exfoliate every day in a mild way (washcloth).
Also to use parfum free product without other irritating ingredients.
I suffered from acne, blefaritis and seborrheic dermatitis my whole life and this keeps everything in control.

I cleanse my skin with the Liz Earl cleanser and a washcloth at night and moisturize with Physiogel.
In the morning wash my skin with water and moisturize with Cicabio from Bioderma.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best cleanser I have used. It removes all traces of dirt and makeup whilst maintaining my skins softness. I do still suffer from blemishes however I think that it is hormonal. I will always use this cleanser now as my skin looks a lot more radiant as a result of using this everyday

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

---- Have updated review under the line ------

Firstly, this product is amazing! I got a sample from John Lewis which was the small 50ml bottle and has lasted me around two weeks morning and evening. I have sensitive skin which means I break out and have extremely dry skin but this cleared both problems up. The creamy cleanser feels moisturising and when removed with the muslim cloth, feels exfoliated. I didn't even have to put my usual heavy duty moisturiser or sensitive skin toner with it! people have also commented on how clear and radiant my skin looks. Seriously recommend if you're looking for a product for sensitive/blemish ridden skin, however my skin does get used to skincare products quickly but this has been nothing but good to my skin.

------------------------------------

UPDATE: 20/2/15 Had to reduce this to 2 lippies as after continuous use it REALLY upset my skin, caused me to breakout/have a rash and wasn't pleasant to my skin at all! My skin constantly felt tight after this, even with my rich moisturiser. I'm disappointed as I thought this would be my HG cleanser.

on 9/13/2014 9:49:00 PM

This is a nice, lightweight cleansing milk which can be buffed away with a muslin cloth. It is not as moisturizing as Ren or Balm Balms cleansing balms, but it washes off with no residue. I like how the cleanse and polish cleans and leaves my skin feeling smooth. I am not a fan of the eucalyptus scent, but it is tolerable. I would repurchase this product.

This is the first cleanser in a very long time that didn't leave my skin feeling stripped and tight afterwards! It is a fairly thick cream and feels quite luxurious to put on -maybe because it is quite moisturising and you know its expensive- but it takes quite a lot of effort to remove. The smell is different to other cleansers I have used. Quite herbal. Don't like or dislike the smell. Importantly it is one of the few products that have helped my stubborn spots! I dint know why except I have been told stripping the skin which this does not do causes it to produce more oil. I have bought it again but it will just be too expensive to continue using in the long term unfortunately.

Popular Face Skincare Products