Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

No Title

3.9

Not tested on animals

on 3/13/2017 1:02:00 AM

I used this consistently for about 2 weeks to give it a fair try, I also used it as directed and rubbed my face very lightly with the cloth in circular motions and I rinsed really well with warm and then cold water.

While washing my face I began to notice little red bumps like a rash appearing on my forehead, this subsided shortly after washing my face so no big deal but not long after little white heads and red pimples started appearing on my forehead, temples, hair line, sides of my nose, chin and jaw line and ive one or two on my cheeks as well, I stopped using the cleanser but ive now got large painful, red cystic spots on my chin, temple and forehead and small pimples everywhere else that wont clear up.

I read somewhere that this can be the product drawing all the crap out of your skin but it's been 2 weeks and ive seen no improvement, for something that claims to improve your skin, it's given me skin problems.

Ive never had acne prone skin and its rare that a product breaks me out although it does happen occasionally, never anything as bad as this, ive a big red scab on one side of my forehead after using this. My skin is usually so dry I have to moisturise daily with oils, heavy creams like Palmers cocoa butter or Vaseline to get some life into it, its rare I get spots so I don't know what's in this that's causing me skin problems.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing!!!!!!!!!! Nothing takes off my makeup like cleanse and polish. Leaves my skin beautifully clean and soft and also doesn't make my skin red at all which most cleansers do to my skin. I use the entire line including haircare now as everything I try ends up being amazing.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I know for me having as I said sensitive, acne/prone skin, I tip toe around skin care products and theres a few things that stick out to me that can be a problem so just be on the look out if you want to try this. Some of these ingredients include irritating plant extracts or fragrances that can be a problem for sensitive skin types. I havent ran into this problem and Ive been using this cleansing balm at night for a year now

see my full review where I do a break down of the ingredients at http://daisyalexandria.com/?p=92

Liz Earle you have saved me from terrible break outs. Since using this in the morning to wash my face gently my skin is so much better. I know acne is made worse by harsh washing but I couldn't help it because all other cream cleansers left my face just not feeling clean! But this is great! I use a flannel run it under hot water and use it to wipe the cleanser off my face gently. To all those acne sufferers with harsh skincare routines. Less is really more try this in the morning for a month you will see the difference.

on 10/2/2014 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I never got on with this cleanser. Over the years I have regularly tried it out because the reviews have always been so glowing and its cheaper than Eve Lom, but nope, my skin looked and felt awful. Red, raw, greasy, spotty, unclean, generally yuk. I went on a skin detox. 3 days without washing and then re-introduction of products one at a time. I have found the culprits. Cocoa butter and shea butter, This product contains cocoa butter, hence the problems with congestion and spots. If you're fortunate enough to have skin that laps up the aforementioned ingredients then you will love this cleanser and it deserves it rave reviews. If you don't get on with it, then you may well not get on with any products containing these butters. I don't. But there are alternatives out there (Emma Hardie, Eve Lom to name but but two).

on 9/16/2014 3:12:00 PM

I can see why this is a UK cult product. It works. Very effective at cleansing without stripping. Gets all the makeup and sunscreen off. I use it only at the end of the day and in the shower. Works as well as dhc cleasing oil. This is not a liquid. It is more like a cream/balm. One pump, rubbed all over the face, then use a hot cloth muslim that wipes it all away.

ingredient list has some natural ingredients, but is by no means an all natural product. No parabens. Not scent- free, but no artificial icky smell either. Light herby scent, which does not give me a headache like most products do.

Kinda of a pain to have to always wash the face muslim, but small price to pay for a grt product.

You can purchase it online, free S&H.

I am mega fussy with the products that I put on my face as I'm very prone to both breakouts and sensitivity. This keeps my skin perfectly clear and balanced and breakout free! I have repurchased this 4 times now so I think that speaks for iteself.
Not tested on animals either, which is a bonus.

This is a great product. I'm already on my fourth bottle of this creamy face cleanser, so rest assured I definitely recommend this product.

The consistency of the cleanser is luxurious, and it's effectiveness is incredible. It will remove a full face of make-up including waterproof mascara, and it leaves my skin feeling calm and non-aggravated.

Only downside is the packaging - I like to see how much product I have left in a bottle. I don't like to be caught out by surprise when I reach for this product and alas! Don't have any left.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

After hearing bloggers and Youtubers rave about this as well as the sales assistants in my local Boots store I thought it'd be the best cleanser to ever grace this earth; sadly that's not quite the truth!

I bought the 100ml pump starter kit for under £15, not a bad price for such a popular product. I used it all over my face morning and evening for a while with the included muslim cloths, but I did have to stop after about a week's worth of use. Although the polishing cloths work great for gentle exfoliation, the redness in my skin was getting worse with each use and it wasn't as pleasant to use as my cleansers for sensitive skin, so I stopped using it. This product claims to cater for "every age and skin type" but sadly not so for those with sensitive skin, even if you don't normally react to products! I blame the eucalyptus essential oil, which is intended as "cooling" but may be a little drying and irritating for some.

Since I stopped using this and went back to other, more gentle (but sadly more expensive) cleansers, my skin is much happier and more balanced in general. One to avoid if you have sensitive or easily irritated skin.

on 8/5/2013 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a staple for me now. Been using it for 7 months nightly. It noticeably cleans more deeply than the previous Burt's Bees hot cloth cleansers I'd been using. Gentle, not drying, fab for all skin types - my skin has become calmer and clearer. Smells of eucalyptus, but not overly so. I occasionally do a double cleanse for an even smoother feeling. It puts back just the right amount of moisture into skin. The pump dispenses too much IMO, so I buy the big 200ml size and squeeze out the amount I need. I still use a separate eye cleanser, as the muslin feels too rough round the eye area for me - even the eucalyptus has never irritated my sensitive eyes.

EDIT:14/7/15
There are now limited editions available in the UK. I own all 5. I just wanted to say that the sweet orange and mint version used sporadically gave me soreness above my lip, and l've stopped used the lavendar and rose edition as daily use has led to itch/burn around chin and a bright red, hot face. I've never had a reaction to a product in my life before now. The new editions include 'fragrance' so l assume that's the prob. Will be sticking with the original from now on. I can't find any other reviews/bloggers with this problem, so far it's just me!

Popular Face Skincare Products