Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
No Title

Not tested on animals

This is a product I've come back to time and time again! I've tried other cleansers, but nothing at all is as fantastic as this.. I had a serious acne breakout over the summer from a Bare Minerals oil cleanser (which at first was amazing) but then this horrible breakout started, I stopped using this and repurchased the Liz Earle and low and behold cleared up my skin like a dream.. I won't be trying any other cleansers now, I've found "My" perfect cleanser and I'm sticking to it! This product removes everything and my skin feels so good, clean and fresh after using... its very pleasant to use and makeup goes on so well due to how smooth it makes my skin.. definitely a 5* from me... highly recommended..

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Despite many reviews that this doesnt sting the eye, somehow it stings my eyes and can be too harsh (leaves my eyelids red). Also the hot cloth is troublesome to me as i need to wash the cloth. I took 2 lippies of because of the above reasons. Dont deny that it is really good for removing makeup and cleanses the skin very well. The formula clears up the skin so it is very good for problem skin. The design of the bottle wastes a lot of product as you can't open it up and u cant see how much product is left. I might repurchase it to just cleanse my face and use another cleanser for the eyes.

on 4/9/2017 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This is such an amazing cleanser. Removes all makeup and cleanses the skin without irritation. Been using this product for a month now and my skin was flaky and dry before however it's now super smooth and is looking more bright and clear. Smells lovely and fresh and used with the cloth is such a treat for the skin. I have dry skin and can use this twice a day and it won't dry me out. Would definitely reccomend to use as part of the set with the toner boost and moisturiser as all three products really do work. Absolutely lovely line in super nice baby blue packaging that I will definitely be sticking with for the foreseeable future. Highly reccomend Liz Earle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this cleanser! I'm pregnant and usually have sensitive skin however my skin has not reacted to this product. The cleanser smells amazing and skin feels soft after use. I got the skin tonic, 2muslin cloths, skin repair moisturiser in a kit for £45 with a free facial exfoliator! Love it and much cheaper than the clarins I was using!

Just lovely. An absolute pleasure to use.

It melts into the skin and removes all makeup without a problem. I'd go so far as to say it laughs in the face of makeup.

I use it with a flannel washcloth for added exfoliation, and all that good jazz.

I'm on my third one. I got the starter kit, which is the original I got a 200ml tube in the original version. Then the jasmine & osmanthus version. Both versions smell gorgeous. I can't wait to get my hot little hands other special editions, like Rose & Cedrat.

It has greatly improved the texture and appearance of my normal to oily, spot-prone skin.

(However, full disclosure: before I started using it, I didn't have any skincare regime whatsoever, so that could account for the improvement. If I did wash my face, it was in the shower with shower gel, followed by using whatever cheap body lotion I was using. Or sometimes I used baby wipes. In my defence, I wasn't a big makeup wearer.)

I've tried two or three other balms but this is by far the best.

This bad boy (girl?) has changed my life! Can't say enough good things about it.

on 1/21/2016 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have very dry skin and so had resorted to using only micellar water for cleansing. I didn't mind using it until I went to a Liz Earle counter after remembering a blogger mention Cleanse and Polish. The advisor rubbed some in on my hand and it seemed so easy to clean away, and left my skin really soft and hydrated. Plus, I got a Christmas deal which meant I got a full sized bottle and 2 muslin cloths in a little bag for £15, which I didn't think was bad. Especially considering that the bottle will last 30 days used morning and night/ 60 days used once daily. Since using Cleanse and Polish, I've noticed that my skin isn't dry and tight as it was after using micellar water, and it is so much easier to remove makeup!! Literally just rubbing some cream in and wiping it away. No silly cotton balls needed. Best of all, my skin feels really clean but also really moisturised and smooth. I use this daily in the evening to remove my makeup. I haven't had any spots or irritation since using this.

Having combination skin, I had always made the mistake of thinking I could only use foaming/wash-off cleansers to strip the oil from my skin and avoid breakouts. However, after trying this cleanser on offer (got this along with the moisturiser, toner and eye lotion), I was amazed at how much my skin improved using a cream/balm cleanser such as this.

I love how easy this is to use, I just take a small amount, massage it over my whole face, gentle wipe it off with a muslin cloth or flannel and finish with a splash of water and it leaves my skin feeling smooth and fresh. I feel (although nice to use) the toner and eye lotion are pretty much useless but I feel the cleanser and moisturiser combo work well on my skin.

It is expensive however I find I've only been through one and a half bottle of this in a year which isn't awful and it can be more cost effective to purchase as a set since I use other products in this range.

I would say this product is also good at removing traces of makeup that my makeup remover hasn't removed (and it never burns my eyes when using around this area). However, I would not use it alone as a makeup remover.

Overall, this product has really improved my skin's texture and appearance and since using it I definitely do not suffer from breakouts as much as I did before. The cons are definitely the price for me and that the 'travel-size' 100ml version of this product is still very large and bulky so not ideal to be brought on holiday etc..

on 10/27/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I was introduced to this by my Aunt several years ago and it has been one of my all time favourite products ever since then! I have the cleanse and polish, toner spray, moisturiser, and deep cleansing mask and I love them all. I like to take the time twice a week to give myself a little DIY facial using all the products and I love the smell and how luxurious they feel. Il focus on just the cleanser for some pros and cons:

Pros:
Economical formula: although pricey, if you use it right it will last longer than you'd expect. The formula is thick and creamy and one pump dispenses exactly the right amount of product so you don't waste any. A little really does go a long way

Smell: I love the light eucalyptus smell of this I think it smells luxurious and lends itself well to a weekend pamper session!

It works: I can't speak for everyone but I really feel like I've seen a very noticable improvement in my skin condition since I started using this. My skin can be a little sensitive - particularly to fragrance - and I've had no reactions or sensitivity. My face feels smooth, clean and healthy after I use this

Cons:
Price: it is a bit on the pricy side. I have a cheaper alternative too and I tend to alternate so I don't end up rebuying the whole range every 2 months as this would be way out of my budget!

Muslin cloths - Arg! They drive my boyfriend nuts because they are always hanging all over the place drying out! It is a bit of a faff having to use these as obviously you have to keep them clean and dry. I think it's worth it but some may not

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought I would try this cleanser as a couple of my friends were raving about it. I bought it a couple of times because I wanted to give it some time as obviously products don't work overnight but honestly I just found it a bit meh. I originally bought it to take my makeup off as an alternative to wipes but I didn't feel like it removed all my makeup, the muslin cloths are only good for a couple of uses then when you wash them they lose softness and have to be thrown away. Also they were advertised as good for sensitive skin only I felt they irritated my skin if I left the product on for too long my skin went quite red. I think maybe they would be better for non sensitive skin but I wouldn't buy again

on 9/8/2015 4:26:00 PM

Well...I must be one of the only people on the planet that finds this brand super over rated. Seriously I bought the cleanser, moisturiser, toner and brightening mask and none of it does anything at all for my skin apart from make it feel like I've only washed my face with plain water.

Definintly going back to Dermalogica when I use this all up which hopefully is soon as my skin is so dry and clogged up! Useless!

Popular Face Skincare Products