Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

4.7

Not tested on animals

on 1/20/2015 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My mum introduced me to this cleanser when I was about 13 and I have been using it on and off ever since (I'm always trying different cleansers but always end up coming back to this one)! It leaves the skin so soft and is so moisturising. I have acne prone skin and this has not broke me out in fact it has helped sooth my face, It has natural ingredients as well so that is a bonus. It is amazing at removing make up and even stubborn waterpoof mascara. Will definitely continue to buy!

on 7/30/2014 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this and immediately fell in love. The scent, the feel of it on my skin - lovely. I massage it into my face (dry) for one minute, also going over my eyes, because this stuff is so gentle and great for removing even super tough masacara. I then take the cleansing cloth, let it soak in some hot water, and rub my face downwards in sections to wipe it off.

The about 1 minute 30 seconds this whole thing takes feels like I am really doing something good and luxurious every night. In the morning I use clarisonic with a Alpha Hydroxy cleanser.

Yes it was love at first pump, but it wasn't until I finished the whole two week sample I knew I was in real trouble. My skin looks SOOOO much better. I have terrible skin - early deep creases, super oily, pores like craters - After starting to use this, now for about 2 months I am amazed at how much improved my skin is. I'm still real oily, but my skin used to look rough and sallow. It is now smoother with a nice glow.

The price is also not bad, because of how amazing the packaging is. I LOVE the pump. I wish everything came in this pump. It looks pretty enough to leave out on a shelf, and one easy pump with one hand and I have the perfect size application. No bacteria getting in, no wasted product getting out. It really does last a long time. I want to say I've had this same pump for two months now and it's going strong.

This is hands down the best cleanser I have ever used.

on 2/6/2013 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I was unsure a product like this would work for my acne prone skin, I'd seen how rich this looked on TV and that initially put me off.
However I took a chance as my skin was looking pretty bad at the time so it couldn't of got much worse and my natural olive soap was drying me out.
After using this I really like this product, it doesn't dry out my skin, it removes all makeup and generally the condition of my skin looks much healthier and smoother.
I luckily don't seem to get breakouts from this product but I do make sure that when finished removing with the cloth that I rinse my face well to remove any last trace of product.
Despite the mild exfoliation with the cloth this does nothing for my blackheads which is a shame but didn't quite expect it to.
Pros: Doesn't dry out skin, Seems to help with skin texture slightly
Cons: Slightly expensive, can't see how much product is left in the bottle, does nothing for blackheads

on 1/17/2013 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I use more so as a make up remover rather than a cleanser simply because it removes EVERYTHING! There is not one tiny little trace of makeup at all left on my face after I cleanse with .

I don't use it just as a cleanser because i like having lots of water and cleansers that lather up or have exfoliating beads on my face.

I don't bother with the Liz Earl muslin cloths because you can purchase a 10 pack of muslin cloths from a local supermarket for cheaper.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily skin, which was looking dull until I tried this product. I'm on my second week and love it. Very easy to use. It leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. I do take my eye make up before using cleanse and polish. It removes my foundation amazingly! It smells amazing, if you like a more natural smelling product. The eucalyptus and rosemary really come through :)
I purchased the smallest tube just to try, I've just bought a full size pump bottle. I'm very happy!!

on 4/25/2009 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG and I wish i had tried it earlier.
I use it on a evening with the muslin cloth I massage it in to the skin and it even removes my waterproof eye make up without stinging however I do use an eye make up remover first if I have a lot of eye make up on.
I like the natural smell of it and the creamy texture which seems to sink right in to my skin, I then wet the cloth under the warm tap and wipe the cleanser off then rinse the cloth and repeat a few times.
I used to suffer from breakouts and blackheads on my nose now I have barely any blackheads and the blemishes I get now are minimal, I also used to have quite dull looking skin before which this seems to have sorted out it leaves me feeling very clean and my skin glowing.

I prefer the pump action packaging as its much easier to use and one pump dispenses exactly the right amount.

on 10/1/2008 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Mmmm this is lovely...I had to come and gush about it, because I've just got it through the post having saved up for it literally for weeks and they sent me a free gift! made my day. Instead of just the Cleanse and Polish that I bought they sent me a free cloth and a face mask as well. Having used it with the cloth (I initially thought it was a gimmick so didn't spend the extra 2 or so) I think it probably is worth listening to them and doing it by their instructions, because the cloth actually does make a difference to how it works, it's better than my usual face sponge or flannel. Although you can get dirt cheap ones from the baby section in the chemist...if you're saving the pennies.
Having just used it for the first time (on oily and acne prone skin, what joy) it has de-oiled it very successfully and goes on nicely. Smells lovely and sort of nourishingly herby, like essential oils (which I guess is what's in it.) My skin doesn't feel at all tight, which it usually does, and it's fantastic to find something that isn't packed with salicylic acid - I am very allergic to it, but I also find it obscurely creepy that so many cleansers contain ingredients that BURN you on purpose! Will update this post if I use it for a week and come out in boils or something, but I can't see that happening at the moment. Lovely lovely! Worth saving up for.

on 9/22/2008 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Recently tried the Liz Earle products for the first time and love them all but especially this cleanser. Creamy and easy to use and easy to see on the cloth how effective it is.No problems with my often sensitive skin and although expensive to ship to Australia I find better to order a number of products at once ( Shipping is the same amount for all orders)

on 2/5/2008 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was the first cleanser I ever used and I always end up going back to it!
It removes even the stubbornest make up with ease and leaves the skin soft and smooth, even around the eye area.
I have very oily skin, and I love to try out new products but I always get the best results with Liz Earle, I'll keep trying new products but for me this cleanser is the best

on 11/28/2006 10:43:00 AM