Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

3.8

Not tested on animals

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I was a bit worried about using this product as I have sensitive spot prone skin. I thought the travel size one would be best to try out before I purchased the larger full size cleanser. It removed my makeup very well but did still feel like it left some product on my skin, so I used soap and glory face and clarity afterwards which did get rid of the excess Liz Earle. I then used Liz earls toner and there wasn't any makeup on my cotton wool pad left over. I only use this cleanser in the evening to get rid of my makeup and it does a very good job of this! It cuts through even the long wear foundations. The only thing I hate is the hot cloths you have to use, your makeup stains them on the first use. Even though I rinse them over and over they are still stained and feel like you need to replace them after 2 days. Even in the washing machine the stains are still visible. This can end up being pricy. I have used it without the hot cloths lately and it seems to not make much difference so I may just ditch the cloths altogether. I've been using this for a year now and ow purchase the largest cleanser available.

on 12/27/2014 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using Liz Earle for a few years now and love the products - especially the hot cloth cleanse and polish. I have oily skin that breaks out regularly so I wear a lot of make up to cover up , this cleanser gets rids of all dirt and make up and isn't too harsh on the skin. My mum also uses this so it's perfect at all ages! I love the packaging, looks nice in my bathroom and it is good value for money. They always send you a free travel size cleanse and polish with purchases direct from the website which are perfect for overnight stays when not at home.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

There's not enough adjectives to describe the brilliance that is LE C&P (see that? I speak the Liz lingo ;) )

I've battled with my skin since I was a young teen and spots became a problem. By my late teens I was in full flown acne land, and entering my early-mid twenties I'm prone to breakouts. Thankfully we're talking max 5 spots at once, and usually linked to that "special" cycle...

So as I got older and work started stumping up more money to keep my genius, I funnelled that money into higher and higher end products.

Come last year, I got strep throat. Which became scarlet fever. Which became a face full of impetigo (never heard of it? Look it up! It's yummy!). After the horrible horrible disease I decided to take a skin U-turn. I'd thrown harsher and harsher chenicals at my skin, and never gave much thought to the softly softly approach. So enter C&P (and it's toner and light moisturiser).

Well. Within a week my skin texture had transformed. Despite regularly exfoliating previously, I now realise what a mask of dead skin I was carrying round coz now my face feels so much softer. And the spots you ask? Are you kidding me?! Nothing has a chance to grab on and grow when you're scrubbing with a muslin cloth twice a day.

One thing I would say is it's done nothing for my pore size, they're still big, but genetics has a lot to do with that (my Dad's in his 60s, huge pores and still greasy - on the plus side, didn't start wrinkling til way in his 50s so I'll take those genetics :) )

Just try it...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this. I really did. It just didn't do anything whatsoever for my skin. I tried so hard to see any difference to my skin, but no. Nothing. If anything, it made my oil production slightly worse. I also hated the texture and how it kind of sinks in to your face, it made me cringe and I could just feel it clogging up all my pores. Luckily, I only purchased a 30ml bottle and I stopped using it before it did anything worse to my skin. SO disappointing!

on 10/23/2012 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I used to love this cleanser when I was a teenager 15 years ago! It removed all my heavy eye makeup and kept my oil and spots under control my mum used to treat me to it every month but when I left home I couldn't afford to keep it going so went to high street brands. I recently saw this on qvc and it bought back so many good memories ( sounds like my Elizabeth Arden review lol) and yes this went downhill to! They've taken the almond milk out and added the evil pore clogging cocoa butter into It!!. The application of it felt more difficult to massage in and there was not much slippage to it like there used to be. The muslin cloth removal was nice as it was but it didn't remove my mascara like it used to it was very poor!. I could forgive that but after using 2 pump bottles I have a face full of spots and my skin is the greasiest it's ever been!. It's back to normal after reverting back to my usual products. Liz should not say this is suitable for everyone when she should no what cocoa butter can do to already congested skin. Was really disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was so excited to try this product after my friend and a fellow make-up fanatic found that this worked wonders for her.
Personally, I'm finding it doesn't actually do anything to my skin.

I wanted to give this cleanser a fair review and seeing as the bottle is almost empty now, I reckon I've given it a fair shot!
When I first starting using this product, it brought my face out in a horrible rash. My cheeks were covered in loads and loads of red bumps and it looked awful! I put it down to the muslin cloth as my skin is quite sensitive and I think the circular motion of the cloth may have irritated my skin. So, I kept using the cleanser but was a lot more gentle with it. On a positive note, I do like how good it is at getting off make-up, you feel clean afterwards but not necessarily polished.

I now use this just for taking make-up off and I use a different cleanser in the morning. I am not seeing the hype of this product or even any worthwhile good effects that would make me repurchase.

I have given it 2 lippies because I like it as a make-up remover and it smells nice. Won't repurchase.

EDIT: Forgot to add, this has also left me with 3 facial cysts that I've never had before and they won't go!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser is very nice but only for days when my skin has gotten dry which only happens a couple of times a month for me.
This wouldn't be a problem if this were marketed as being for dry skin but the girl at the counter was very insistent that it was for all skin types which I just can't really believe now I've tried it. The whole range (cleanser, toner and moisturizer) is heavy and very moisturizing.
I will repurchase as its perfect for my dry phases but I can't give it a higher rating as I think the marketing/advice from the brand is misleading.

Other things: the packaging is really nice and the pump mechanism works well.
I really like the smell for occasional use but got a bit sick of it every day.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to love this, but it just didn't work for me. I loved the smell of it and it did leave my skin feeling clean and smooth, but it broke me out terribly. I continued to use it for about 3 weeks, but I couldn't hack it any more and gave up. My breakouts have since calmed down since I stopped using it so unfortunately, I'm blaming this cleanser for their cause.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really love this cleanser. Have only been using it about 3-4 weeks now, but it's a keeper!

It is a creamy product in a nice pump dispenser. It has a nice fresh scent that doesn't linger too much. Feels glorious when you apply to the skin and rub in. Wipes off easily with the hot muslin cloths, leaving my skin feeling baby soft and super clean without any dryness or residue. It's strange - it feels very gentle when you are using it, but it is clearly a force to be reckoned with, dissolving any dirt, make up or oil that gets in its way!

Tip - take off mascara beforehand with a regular eye makeup remover - it's tough to get the strains out of the cloths, and also, because the cleanser "melts" your make up, it ends up all over your face.

It is a teeny bit pricey, but worth it I think - the quality of the product is superb, and your order always comes with very generous samples and freebies.

on 9/21/2011 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely LOVE this product... Liz Earle, where have you been all my life?! Together with retin-a and a new birth control pill, my skin has been transformed from oily, rough, dull and generally disgusting. After using this my skin has never actually looked cleaner, all my pores are clear and my skin looks much brighter and smoother. Lovely to get an exfoliator that doesn't dry my skin out (which later leads to massive oil production as my skin compesates). Leaves my skin beautifully soft and clear and I usually don't even need to use moisturiser afterward.

Popular Face Skincare Products