Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

3.5

Not tested on animals

on 3/16/2018 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I got a sample in my Birchbox and fell in love. It's cleansing but doesn't strip your face of essential oils and also doesn't break you out either. I just ordered a full size. Amazing stuff!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing!!!!!!!!!! Nothing takes off my makeup like cleanse and polish. Leaves my skin beautifully clean and soft and also doesn't make my skin red at all which most cleansers do to my skin. I use the entire line including haircare now as everything I try ends up being amazing.

Just lovely. An absolute pleasure to use.

It melts into the skin and removes all makeup without a problem. I'd go so far as to say it laughs in the face of makeup.

I use it with a flannel washcloth for added exfoliation, and all that good jazz.

I'm on my third one. I got the starter kit, which is the original I got a 200ml tube in the original version. Then the jasmine & osmanthus version. Both versions smell gorgeous. I can't wait to get my hot little hands other special editions, like Rose & Cedrat.

It has greatly improved the texture and appearance of my normal to oily, spot-prone skin.

(However, full disclosure: before I started using it, I didn't have any skincare regime whatsoever, so that could account for the improvement. If I did wash my face, it was in the shower with shower gel, followed by using whatever cheap body lotion I was using. Or sometimes I used baby wipes. In my defence, I wasn't a big makeup wearer.)

I've tried two or three other balms but this is by far the best.

This bad boy (girl?) has changed my life! Can't say enough good things about it.

on 12/27/2014 7:54:00 PM

I wanted so badly to love this but it made my skin break out horribly! I used this consistently for 3 months because it can take a little while for my sensitive skin to adjust to new products, but by the end of the trial period my face was a cystic acne mess and It took months to get my skin back to it's original condition. Really disappointing.

Liz Earle you have saved me from terrible break outs. Since using this in the morning to wash my face gently my skin is so much better. I know acne is made worse by harsh washing but I couldn't help it because all other cream cleansers left my face just not feeling clean! But this is great! I use a flannel run it under hot water and use it to wipe the cleanser off my face gently. To all those acne sufferers with harsh skincare routines. Less is really more try this in the morning for a month you will see the difference.

on 9/13/2014 9:49:00 PM

This is a nice, lightweight cleansing milk which can be buffed away with a muslin cloth. It is not as moisturizing as Ren or Balm Balms cleansing balms, but it washes off with no residue. I like how the cleanse and polish cleans and leaves my skin feeling smooth. I am not a fan of the eucalyptus scent, but it is tolerable. I would repurchase this product.

on 8/5/2014 6:30:00 AM

I've been using this cleanser for a number of years now. It's the only cleanser that leaves my oily skin feeling perfectly clean without that tight feeling. It removes make up really well too. If your skin is acne prone like mine I would advise using a clean muslin cloth every day to avoid spreading bacteria.I find the scent realy refreshing,though if you don't like the smell of eucalyptus you may want to avoid this product.

on 7/15/2014 12:53:00 AM

Ugh, i gave this cleanser a good run and it made my skin much worse. It broke me out, left a definite film (yes I used the cloth) and irritated my skin/made me increasingly flushed as the days passed. One of the worst cleansers I've ever used. Maybe my skin is too sensitive, acne prone and clog prone for this. It's probably meant for dry skin.

on 7/2/2014 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a lovely hot cloth cleanser. Removes my make up easily without me having to drag a cleansing wipe over my face & eyes, some of those are really abrasive & can hurt. The muslin cloth you use with this is gentle but still gets rid of dead skin cells & make up.
Smells clean & pleasant & has a creamy texture which is very gentle on the skin & doesn't irritate eyes. I would not be without this, it's a brilliant way of removing make up & unclogging pores.

This is the first cleanser in a very long time that didn't leave my skin feeling stripped and tight afterwards! It is a fairly thick cream and feels quite luxurious to put on -maybe because it is quite moisturising and you know its expensive- but it takes quite a lot of effort to remove. The smell is different to other cleansers I have used. Quite herbal. Don't like or dislike the smell. Importantly it is one of the few products that have helped my stubborn spots! I dint know why except I have been told stripping the skin which this does not do causes it to produce more oil. I have bought it again but it will just be too expensive to continue using in the long term unfortunately.

Popular Face Skincare Products