Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
No Title

Not tested on animals

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wanted to love this - it cleanses really well which surprised me as normally requires a heavy duty cleanser to remove sunscreen, but after approximately 1 week of use it started to break me out...small bumps on my jaw line area and chin, almost like a rash. Contacted Liz Earle CS and advised of a couple of different things I could try, neither of which worked for me unfortunately. Something in this product, possibly the Eucalyptus oil, even in such a tiny amount, doesn't want to agree with my skin. Have given to my mum to use and she has absolutely no issues with it and her skin is looking amazing right about now! Trial it first if unsure.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

This is a product I've come back to time and time again! I've tried other cleansers, but nothing at all is as fantastic as this.. I had a serious acne breakout over the summer from a Bare Minerals oil cleanser (which at first was amazing) but then this horrible breakout started, I stopped using this and repurchased the Liz Earle and low and behold cleared up my skin like a dream.. I won't be trying any other cleansers now, I've found "My" perfect cleanser and I'm sticking to it! This product removes everything and my skin feels so good, clean and fresh after using... its very pleasant to use and makeup goes on so well due to how smooth it makes my skin.. definitely a 5* from me... highly recommended..

Great post! I have done a review for acne prone skin and how it helped clear my skin: http://www.emilyrajch.co.uk/liz-earle-cleanse-polish-review-acne/

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this after reading several great reviews on various sites. This is my second cleanser in my two step cleaning program. The first is Bioderma micellaire water to remove makeup. I see the improvement in my skin, it's clearer and brighter and definitely more open to toner and serum. The cloth is gentle but does a good job in exfoliating. The product penetrates into the skin while keeping some slip so I can do massage my skin.

I won't repurchase immediately if only for the reason that I'm a product junkie and on the search for my HG cleanser. I will continue to use the muslin cloths.

on 4/9/2017 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This is such an amazing cleanser. Removes all makeup and cleanses the skin without irritation. Been using this product for a month now and my skin was flaky and dry before however it's now super smooth and is looking more bright and clear. Smells lovely and fresh and used with the cloth is such a treat for the skin. I have dry skin and can use this twice a day and it won't dry me out. Would definitely reccomend to use as part of the set with the toner boost and moisturiser as all three products really do work. Absolutely lovely line in super nice baby blue packaging that I will definitely be sticking with for the foreseeable future. Highly reccomend Liz Earle.

I can take my makeup off with it, without having to wet my face - it sounds odd, but having to wash my face over a basin has always been tedious... and messy!!! It's ok for eyes but I'd still use coconut oil and a soft cloth on my eyes before/after, to get rid of it all properly. My skin feels clean, and the fact that it's easier to use, means I use it... even after a late night.

on 11/2/2016 12:55:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL SKIN CARE!
i purchased the liz earle daily essentials kit which contains cleanse and polish moisturiser and an instant boost skin tonic also comes with 2 amazing muslin cloths and also when you buy the set it comes with a free exfoliator, all for £45.00 its amazing for the quality.

i have acne prone spotty skin which is also very oily and these products work wonders on my skin keeps spots and breakouts AT BAY, which to me i cant put a price on.

even within the first few days of using liz earle i noticed my skin looked fresher younger and brighter, Liz earle has nothing but natural ingredients all work wonders on the skin. Packaging is also stunning! Very impressed would DEFINTLEY Repurchase!

on 8/3/2016 7:45:00 PM

This cleanser is amazing! I've tried several cleansers but this is the only one that has left my skin feeling completely soft and cleansed. It's quite expensive, but it's definitely worth it. I've already recommended it to my friends and I've only used it for a few weeks!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

After trying a few acid exfoliants that irritated my skin, I thought of reverting to gently manual exfoliation. I decided it would be a good idea to use a hot cloth cleanser, because the action of the cloth can act as a gently physical exfoliation.

After many skincare disappointments, I went to Boots determined to buy a tiny travel size of this cleanser. I really wasn't sure if it would be for me because of all the essential oils in it. Anyway, the lady in the counter was fabulous, cleansed my skin with this cleanser and applied tonic, serum and moisturiser on my skin. I must admit that my skin was a bit red and sore when she finished cleansing but I attributed it to the fact that she was really rough with the cloth, really scrubbing my face, whereas I am very gentle with my skin. I was also under a lot of stress having just come out of an exam. I noticed how lovely the tonic smelled and the serum was lovely with no silicone. My biggest pet hate in skincare is a silicone infused serum. I cannot understand how companies think that is acceptable. But going back to the topic, the moisturiser felt lovely on my skin, fresh, hydrating and smelled amazing. I had been using fragrance free Eucerin lotion during the day and fragrance free Eucerin cream at night, so I immediately noticed how lovely these products smelled. I ended up buying a travel try me kit (cleanser, moisturiser, tonic and mask) because she reassured me she would accept the products back if they didn't work for me. Well, as soon I have the time I will return the products...

The cleanser is really nice, yet it smells very strongly of eucalyptus which is never a good sign. I used the whole system for two days and a half and my skin got blotchy, I got lots of tiny bumps on my forehead and some red dots on the side of my chin and cheeks which I have never had before. My pores were also looking huge. I must say I used the products correctly, being careful to remove makeup before using the cleanser.

Again, I made the mistake of trying a new system all at once and so now I don't know which product it's to blame. But to be honest I don't care. I just want to return all the products and get my money back. Yes, my Eucerin moisturisers are bland and boring, but I am starting to realise more and more that if it smells good, it doesn't belong on my face. I know there is a lot of scientific evidence regarding fragrance and skin sensitivities but I have to admit that some unfragranced products have caused me trouble (Clinique, for example) whereas some fragranced products worked well. Of course it's not as black and white as that but it is a fact that some of the essential oils included in skincare don't do what it is believed that they do (or at least, no one has ever been able to prove it) yet have been found to be irritating. I am a Science student so I have access to many scientific journals, which is where I get my information from.

Just a note regarding hot water, I know many people these days think that the only way to cleanse a face properly is with cloths/flannels and hot water. I couldn't disagree more. I think hot water should never be used on one's face. It's drying and irritating. The combination of hot water and rough use of cloths to cleanse the face can cause broken capillaries.

On a positive note, I must praise Liz Earle for having a refund system in place. The beauty industry makes millions out of selling us things that don't work for us. And many companies don't even let us try before buying! I think all companies should be willing to take the products back if they don't do what they claim or if they cause skin sensitivities.

Anyway, it was a shame that this didn't work for me. I was willing to overlook the eucalyptus content (even because it is a wash off product) because the products felt so luxurious. However, I can say that in just two days and a half my skin had a turn for the worse. Back to bland but safe Eucerin I go...

Having combination skin, I had always made the mistake of thinking I could only use foaming/wash-off cleansers to strip the oil from my skin and avoid breakouts. However, after trying this cleanser on offer (got this along with the moisturiser, toner and eye lotion), I was amazed at how much my skin improved using a cream/balm cleanser such as this.

I love how easy this is to use, I just take a small amount, massage it over my whole face, gentle wipe it off with a muslin cloth or flannel and finish with a splash of water and it leaves my skin feeling smooth and fresh. I feel (although nice to use) the toner and eye lotion are pretty much useless but I feel the cleanser and moisturiser combo work well on my skin.

It is expensive however I find I've only been through one and a half bottle of this in a year which isn't awful and it can be more cost effective to purchase as a set since I use other products in this range.

I would say this product is also good at removing traces of makeup that my makeup remover hasn't removed (and it never burns my eyes when using around this area). However, I would not use it alone as a makeup remover.

Overall, this product has really improved my skin's texture and appearance and since using it I definitely do not suffer from breakouts as much as I did before. The cons are definitely the price for me and that the 'travel-size' 100ml version of this product is still very large and bulky so not ideal to be brought on holiday etc..

Popular Face Skincare Products