Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

4.4

Not tested on animals

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Despite many reviews that this doesnt sting the eye, somehow it stings my eyes and can be too harsh (leaves my eyelids red). Also the hot cloth is troublesome to me as i need to wash the cloth. I took 2 lippies of because of the above reasons. Dont deny that it is really good for removing makeup and cleanses the skin very well. The formula clears up the skin so it is very good for problem skin. The design of the bottle wastes a lot of product as you can't open it up and u cant see how much product is left. I might repurchase it to just cleanse my face and use another cleanser for the eyes.

I'm up to my umpteenth tube of this - what a great product. Melts all my make up off (even give it a good rub into my eyes - negates the need for eye make up remover, never stings eyes). Smells great. A big tube lasts forever. I usually use an oil balm cleanser in the evening first, then use this second. Obvs, wipe off with a hot flannel. Also use this as my morning cleanse. If you sign up to the newsletter (UK) you sometimes can get a good discount code. So pleased this is now in Boots - what a pain in the bum it used to be hiking into John Lewis in town to buy it. Winner.

on 2/20/2016 1:33:00 PM

This is the hot-cloth cleanser I go back to time and time again. Imitations are nowhere near as good. Smells lovely, which encourages you to use it even if you're tired, takes eye make up off well and although expensive a little goes along way. Comes off clean with a muslin or flannel. I especially like it when they release a limited edition fragrance.

on 2/14/2015 12:28:00 PM

I'm beginning to become addicted to cleansing my face, love this product. Wish it was a little cheaper - its way too expensive for a cleanser.

on 7/12/2014 3:20:00 AM

This is a great product and I would still be using it today if it was sold in Australia. It's a lovely formula, gentle on your skin and around the eyes.

It's natural and best of all its a fair price. The pump dispenser is great and the cloths are good quality too. I would highly recommend this product.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

The best cleanser by far! Removes absolutely all traces of make up!

on 1/2/2014 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This has worked great for my breakout prone 35+ skin. I love the smell and how clean it makes my skin feel.

on 10/6/2013 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I know this was one the original muslin cloth cleansers but I've done it the wrong way round and tried Eve Lom, Elemis and many other oil cloth wash off cleansers first. This is by FAR the best for my skin. I'm still in my 20s and my skin can't take the creamier ones so maybe that's why - it's less heavy than the others, I love how well it gets my eye make up off, I love the smell but most of all I love my great my skin looks when I use this on a regular basis.

on 7/20/2013 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I understand why this is so popular. It's the one cleanser I repeatedly come back to. Gentle, effective and a really lovely consistency. I didn't notice a difference in my skin when I started using it but when I stopped I found my skin was less balanced and more prone to the odd break out and dry patches. I use it at least once a day, sometimes choosing to oil cleanse at night or use an AHA cleanser in the mornings. Overall this is simply an absolute pleasure to use. The muslin cloths are also great, I do sometimes use a cotton wash cloth or micro fibre cloth but I think the Liz Earle cloths are pretty good and I usually stock up with a couple when I repurchase.

This is my staple face cleanser. Before I would have to run from the bathroom after using cleansing wash to get some moisuriser on my face before it cracked but this cleanser leaves my skin clean and soft. To get the best out of it you need to massage it in for a minute - this lifts the dirt out. As for the "polish" with the cloth, it gets the cleanser off but I can't see any exfoliation happening TBH. You can take your eye makeup off with it but I dont like the feeling of creamy cleanser in my eyes. My only complaint is that the coco butter in it can coat your sink and eventually block it.