Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

No Title

3.9

Not tested on animals

on 3/13/2017 1:02:00 AM

I used this consistently for about 2 weeks to give it a fair try, I also used it as directed and rubbed my face very lightly with the cloth in circular motions and I rinsed really well with warm and then cold water.

While washing my face I began to notice little red bumps like a rash appearing on my forehead, this subsided shortly after washing my face so no big deal but not long after little white heads and red pimples started appearing on my forehead, temples, hair line, sides of my nose, chin and jaw line and ive one or two on my cheeks as well, I stopped using the cleanser but ive now got large painful, red cystic spots on my chin, temple and forehead and small pimples everywhere else that wont clear up.

I read somewhere that this can be the product drawing all the crap out of your skin but it's been 2 weeks and ive seen no improvement, for something that claims to improve your skin, it's given me skin problems.

Ive never had acne prone skin and its rare that a product breaks me out although it does happen occasionally, never anything as bad as this, ive a big red scab on one side of my forehead after using this. My skin is usually so dry I have to moisturise daily with oils, heavy creams like Palmers cocoa butter or Vaseline to get some life into it, its rare I get spots so I don't know what's in this that's causing me skin problems.

on 9/17/2016 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like to experiment with different cleansers, but I keep coming back to this one again and again. I like the smell and texture. While some reviewers find the hot cloth thing to be a faff, it really does get your face clean without drying it out. I have a stack of the cloths and wash after every use (they are usually dry by morning, so no issues with throwing them in the wash).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My skin dries out really easily and I usually don't even bother trying products that i need to rinse off since my skin always feels like a drumskin afterwards no matter how expensive or hyped the product is. BUT this actually doesn't dry my skin out, probably because coconut (caprylic triglycerid) and cocoa butter is two of the main ingredients. I also like the hot cloth thingy that helps exfoliate the skin without irritating it. I would recommend this for anyone that gets both dry and flaky easily. The rich, wite cream (no annoying and dehydrating foam!)smells a lot of eacalyptus and feels kind of cool on the skin at first and could probably be irritatating if you have super sensitiive skin but i don't so it wasn't a problem for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried time and time again with this cleanser and it really doesn't work for me. In fact I blame it for my having being so lazy when cleansing my face!
As a regular Liz Earle customer over the years I have been sent numerous trial size Cleanse and Polishes, it being lauded as their top product. I've only ever found it OK but hey, it's Liz Earle, everybody raves about it so it must be good so I've carried on using it. People have also bought it for me as a gift ("she likes Liz Earle, she must like this!") hence it has been my cleanser for years-though the reality has been that I've actually been using makeup wipes rather than this most of the time! This has only really been used when I suddenly think "I really should take my skincare more seriously and cleanse properly". Then it's such a faff that after a day or so I return to the lazy girl's solution of makeup wipes.
My experience of using this is that if you use it to remove makeup the muslin cloth is filthy after one use so has to be machine washed so you have to have several cloths to hand. When I'm tired and off to bed the last thing I want to faff about with is a wet, dirty facecloth-don't want to put it in my laundry basket when wet (don't want damp smelling washing if I don't get chance to launder it next day) so what do I do with it? After several washes the cloths become less soft too.
The product itself is just OK (but apparently the [massively inconvenient] cloths are what make it so magical so that's to be expected?? It stings if it gets in your eyes (and invariably it gets in your eyes when you're trying to remove eye makeup) and afterwards my skin feels a bit tight like I've used soap and water. Not great for dry skin types like mine.
Even the pump dispenser clogs (though probably because I leave it so long between uses) and you lose product that has solidified when you press it when you first use it.
I've now given my skincare regime a complete overhaul, discovered a far superior cleanser (Clarins Pure Melt) and this product is now consigned to the bin!
I've given 2 lippies because it's never broken me out and surely, if it were so bad, I wouldn't have used it for so many years-though when I compare it to my newfound cleanser I wonder what the hell I was doing!

on 10/27/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I was introduced to this by my Aunt several years ago and it has been one of my all time favourite products ever since then! I have the cleanse and polish, toner spray, moisturiser, and deep cleansing mask and I love them all. I like to take the time twice a week to give myself a little DIY facial using all the products and I love the smell and how luxurious they feel. Il focus on just the cleanser for some pros and cons:

Pros:
Economical formula: although pricey, if you use it right it will last longer than you'd expect. The formula is thick and creamy and one pump dispenses exactly the right amount of product so you don't waste any. A little really does go a long way

Smell: I love the light eucalyptus smell of this I think it smells luxurious and lends itself well to a weekend pamper session!

It works: I can't speak for everyone but I really feel like I've seen a very noticable improvement in my skin condition since I started using this. My skin can be a little sensitive - particularly to fragrance - and I've had no reactions or sensitivity. My face feels smooth, clean and healthy after I use this

Cons:
Price: it is a bit on the pricy side. I have a cheaper alternative too and I tend to alternate so I don't end up rebuying the whole range every 2 months as this would be way out of my budget!

Muslin cloths - Arg! They drive my boyfriend nuts because they are always hanging all over the place drying out! It is a bit of a faff having to use these as obviously you have to keep them clean and dry. I think it's worth it but some may not

on 9/8/2015 4:26:00 PM

Well...I must be one of the only people on the planet that finds this brand super over rated. Seriously I bought the cleanser, moisturiser, toner and brightening mask and none of it does anything at all for my skin apart from make it feel like I've only washed my face with plain water.

Definintly going back to Dermalogica when I use this all up which hopefully is soon as my skin is so dry and clogged up! Useless!

I will happily I jumped head first onto the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish bandwagon. After reading rave reviews everywhere I went I figured I would give it a shot.

The product itself is a creamy texture and felt nice on the skin, used in conjunction with the muslin cloth it had a nice exfoliating effect and therein lay the problem for me. This product felt quite stripping on my skin and really dried me out. I found that I had a lot more flaky skin and it broke me out on my cheeks where I almost never break out.

Overall I really wanted to love it, especially because it was so expensive, but I ended up donating to a friend who raves about it and will use nothing else. It obviously works for a lot of people so it may be worth giving it a try it just didnt rock my world.

on 2/19/2015 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is perfect for my sensitive skin it erases all makeup including waterproof mascara the texture is rich and creamy. My skin is always smooth and clear afterwards without redness or irritation. Its a more gentle alternative to a scrub.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best cleanser I have used. It removes all traces of dirt and makeup whilst maintaining my skins softness. I do still suffer from blemishes however I think that it is hormonal. I will always use this cleanser now as my skin looks a lot more radiant as a result of using this everyday

on 10/2/2014 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I never got on with this cleanser. Over the years I have regularly tried it out because the reviews have always been so glowing and its cheaper than Eve Lom, but nope, my skin looked and felt awful. Red, raw, greasy, spotty, unclean, generally yuk. I went on a skin detox. 3 days without washing and then re-introduction of products one at a time. I have found the culprits. Cocoa butter and shea butter, This product contains cocoa butter, hence the problems with congestion and spots. If you're fortunate enough to have skin that laps up the aforementioned ingredients then you will love this cleanser and it deserves it rave reviews. If you don't get on with it, then you may well not get on with any products containing these butters. I don't. But there are alternatives out there (Emma Hardie, Eve Lom to name but but two).

Popular Face Skincare Products