Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

No Title

4.3

Not tested on animals

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this! I have become quite the fan of European skincare and fragrance products as they are great for my sensitive skin. This is creme de la creme for me.

It does remove light makeup but if you use a full face of it or a really longwearing and/or full-coverage foundation, you will likely need to cleanse twice or with two cleansers.

I use it as directed but with using a regular washcloth as opposed to the muslin, as I exfoliate chemically (Pixi Glow Tonic) more often than doing anything physical with a cloth or a scrub. This doesn't irritate my skin and leaves it clean but soft-feeling and helps to lessen the severity of the inevitable hormonal breakouts and to take them down quickly. Rinse off well as the formula is thick, but your skin, if like mine, will feel so soft.

on 1/21/2016 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have very dry skin and so had resorted to using only micellar water for cleansing. I didn't mind using it until I went to a Liz Earle counter after remembering a blogger mention Cleanse and Polish. The advisor rubbed some in on my hand and it seemed so easy to clean away, and left my skin really soft and hydrated. Plus, I got a Christmas deal which meant I got a full sized bottle and 2 muslin cloths in a little bag for £15, which I didn't think was bad. Especially considering that the bottle will last 30 days used morning and night/ 60 days used once daily. Since using Cleanse and Polish, I've noticed that my skin isn't dry and tight as it was after using micellar water, and it is so much easier to remove makeup!! Literally just rubbing some cream in and wiping it away. No silly cotton balls needed. Best of all, my skin feels really clean but also really moisturised and smooth. I use this daily in the evening to remove my makeup. I haven't had any spots or irritation since using this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is, quite undoubtably, my all time HG cleanser. I have tried many cleansers and this one just knocks every single one of them out of the way! I came to discover it from several recommendations from friends, because I have never really used Liz Earle before. I quite like the cleanser and cloth technique, it makes me feel as though its getting a thorough, deep clean at the beginning and end of every day. It has a thick, creamy texture and literally takes away every scrap of make up, even the most stubborn of waterproof mascara. I used to spend forever scrubbing away at my lashes because I had been unable to find a cleanser that managed to get it completely off, but with cleanse and polish it is a complete breeze. I have quite dry skin, so also noticed that this product is quite moisturising, doesn't break me out and makes my skin look altogether healthier. It is a little more expensive than your average cleanser, but I think the pice is more than justified when you get results as good as what you do. Would definitely recommend and buy again.

on 1/18/2013 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Words cannot describe how much I love this cleanser! I suffer from very dry skin, especially in the winter months so I decided to treat myself to this Christmas time and I haven't looked back or regretted it for a second! My skin is definitely looking and feeling healthier since I've used this. After I've used it my skin feels so fresh and so relaxed - as bizzarre as that sounds. My only negative is the fact that it only comes with two muslin cloths, so after a day I have to use flannels until I've put a wash through. I love the idea of the muslin cloths but I don't really want to go out and buy more. I would 100% recommend this to anyone particularly those with dry skin. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

on 7/18/2011 7:03:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am in love with a cleanser. I didn't have extremely high hopes, honestly. I mean...it's a cleanser; how much of a difference could it make?
Well, the difference is HUGE!! In combination with the amazing muslin cloths, my skin is in the best condition it has ever been!! I have no, and I mean absolutely no clogged pores any longer. In spite of fastidious cleansing in the past, I would get clogged pores on my nose and down along the sides. Now...nothing.
I'll admit that I was extremely hesitant when I first pumped it onto my fingertips-it has a fairly strong menthol/eucalyptus fragrance, and the thought of putting that on my eyes really worried me. I re-read the directions, checked the reviews here again, checked the website...yep, it's ok for the eyes! Absolutely no irritation, and it removes every trace of makeup.
One pump easily cleanses my whole face. I squirt 3/4 of a pump onto the lid of the cleanser, then the other 1/4 pump onto my fingertips. I clean my eyes first, wipe it away, then cleanse my whole face with the remainder. So far, this is working well. I plan to stock up before I head home to the US.

on 1/29/2011 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this cleanser! I have very dry skin and was worried about it being too harsh, but since I've been using it, I've noticed a real difference in my skin! I always have problems with cleanser's being too harsh and leaving my skin feeling ridiculously tight but i've had no problem with this! For the price, I think it's an excellent product and I would recommend it 100%!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is impressive. I remember watching liz earle on tv as a child was a uk tv presenter actually and I remember when she started to launch her products and they were in shops and then they werent and suddenly they are everywhere and everyone raves about them. Rightly so because I had a lip balm of hers it was when there was makeup of hers and it was great and so I was glad to finally locate her product in a large brand department store.
This cleaner is supplied with a muslin cloth and works as a cleanser and an exfoliator and is to be used with hot water. This cleanser then lathers up and becomes more creamy and heats up the skin on contact and you smell a wonderful array of essential oils like lavender and eucalyptus and a little goes a long way. Three months on and I still have this product and I will definately repurchase. My skin is sensitive and this product just worked wonder and removed my cosmetics instantly and felt soothing. As well as my skin reaping the benefits I felt my body did too because it was sooo relaxing to smells these scents I was giving myself a facial.
I cannot rave enough about this and as it is not that expensive I think I may keep this as my perma cleaner for life.
It is truly uplifting and on my greasy skin it closed the open pores.
Good stuff and I reccomend you buy if you are looking for that ultimate cleanser and you like to pile on the war paint but cannt be bothered to go through lots of wipes to take off the makeup this does it in a few swipes and just feels so great. This is for you guys who need a good worthwhile cleanser.

on 2/26/2009 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I used to use this when it first came out, back then it had pink packaging. I decided to try it again as my skin had become very dry and sensitive but this time it was a disaster. It made my skin burn and it was very red for hours after use. I tried using it for a week but I couldn't take it. I know people who rate this as the HG cleanser but it wasn't for me.

on 3/13/2008 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Lovely cleanser. Smells yummy, and cleanses my face brilliantly without leaving a film. I use either a muslin cloth or a washcloth to remove it, but I suspect it would be fine just rinsing with water.

on 4/16/2007 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Full of cocoa butter which I reckon clogged my pores up a treat. Not impressed at all. But they do have wonderful customer service.
Edit: If you want better than this get yourselves down to TESCO!! Their BNatural cleanser works in the same way but is much much better and much cheaper. Magic!

Popular Face Skincare Products