Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

No Title

3.8

Not tested on animals

on 3/13/2017 1:02:00 AM

I used this consistently for about 2 weeks to give it a fair try, I also used it as directed and rubbed my face very lightly with the cloth in circular motions and I rinsed really well with warm and then cold water.

While washing my face I began to notice little red bumps like a rash appearing on my forehead, this subsided shortly after washing my face so no big deal but not long after little white heads and red pimples started appearing on my forehead, temples, hair line, sides of my nose, chin and jaw line and ive one or two on my cheeks as well, I stopped using the cleanser but ive now got large painful, red cystic spots on my chin, temple and forehead and small pimples everywhere else that wont clear up.

I read somewhere that this can be the product drawing all the crap out of your skin but it's been 2 weeks and ive seen no improvement, for something that claims to improve your skin, it's given me skin problems.

Ive never had acne prone skin and its rare that a product breaks me out although it does happen occasionally, never anything as bad as this, ive a big red scab on one side of my forehead after using this. My skin is usually so dry I have to moisturise daily with oils, heavy creams like Palmers cocoa butter or Vaseline to get some life into it, its rare I get spots so I don't know what's in this that's causing me skin problems.

on 11/2/2016 12:55:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL SKIN CARE!
i purchased the liz earle daily essentials kit which contains cleanse and polish moisturiser and an instant boost skin tonic also comes with 2 amazing muslin cloths and also when you buy the set it comes with a free exfoliator, all for £45.00 its amazing for the quality.

i have acne prone spotty skin which is also very oily and these products work wonders on my skin keeps spots and breakouts AT BAY, which to me i cant put a price on.

even within the first few days of using liz earle i noticed my skin looked fresher younger and brighter, Liz earle has nothing but natural ingredients all work wonders on the skin. Packaging is also stunning! Very impressed would DEFINTLEY Repurchase!

on 9/17/2016 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like to experiment with different cleansers, but I keep coming back to this one again and again. I like the smell and texture. While some reviewers find the hot cloth thing to be a faff, it really does get your face clean without drying it out. I have a stack of the cloths and wash after every use (they are usually dry by morning, so no issues with throwing them in the wash).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My skin dries out really easily and I usually don't even bother trying products that i need to rinse off since my skin always feels like a drumskin afterwards no matter how expensive or hyped the product is. BUT this actually doesn't dry my skin out, probably because coconut (caprylic triglycerid) and cocoa butter is two of the main ingredients. I also like the hot cloth thingy that helps exfoliate the skin without irritating it. I would recommend this for anyone that gets both dry and flaky easily. The rich, wite cream (no annoying and dehydrating foam!)smells a lot of eacalyptus and feels kind of cool on the skin at first and could probably be irritatating if you have super sensitiive skin but i don't so it wasn't a problem for me.

on 8/3/2016 7:45:00 PM

This cleanser is amazing! I've tried several cleansers but this is the only one that has left my skin feeling completely soft and cleansed. It's quite expensive, but it's definitely worth it. I've already recommended it to my friends and I've only used it for a few weeks!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this! I have become quite the fan of European skincare and fragrance products as they are great for my sensitive skin. This is creme de la creme for me.

It does remove light makeup but if you use a full face of it or a really longwearing and/or full-coverage foundation, you will likely need to cleanse twice or with two cleansers.

I use it as directed but with using a regular washcloth as opposed to the muslin, as I exfoliate chemically (Pixi Glow Tonic) more often than doing anything physical with a cloth or a scrub. This doesn't irritate my skin and leaves it clean but soft-feeling and helps to lessen the severity of the inevitable hormonal breakouts and to take them down quickly. Rinse off well as the formula is thick, but your skin, if like mine, will feel so soft.

on 2/20/2016 1:33:00 PM

This is the hot-cloth cleanser I go back to time and time again. Imitations are nowhere near as good. Smells lovely, which encourages you to use it even if you're tired, takes eye make up off well and although expensive a little goes along way. Comes off clean with a muslin or flannel. I especially like it when they release a limited edition fragrance.

on 12/9/2015 2:04:00 PM

I must be one of the few people not to like this. It made me break out and did not help the breakouts I was having before I used this; it made things worse. The cloth was very abrasive, too. I felt it was rougher than necessary to get a buffing action. I did finish the product as a foot moisturiser and it worked very well for this. The pump packaging was nice, dispensing a controlled amount of product each time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Like the moisturiser, this broke me out and irritated me so badly. I think it was the combination of the cocoa butter and capric triglycerides clogging my pores and the eucalyptus essential oil that irritated me. If your skin is sensitive or even the least bit acne prone please patch test this first!

This is my go-to product for my sensitive, dull and eczema prone skin- I used to nick my Mum's one until she got sick of it an bought me my own about 7 years ago. I've been using it ever since and swear by it! Don't worry about the muslin cloths- use a flannel if you like, same result. Remember not to use water that is too hot as I feel this is what strips your face, rather than the product (in response to the comments below re stripping face) I love it and would highly recommend giving it a go x

Popular Face Skincare Products