Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
No Title

3.3

Not tested on animals

I'm up to my umpteenth tube of this - what a great product. Melts all my make up off (even give it a good rub into my eyes - negates the need for eye make up remover, never stings eyes). Smells great. A big tube lasts forever. I usually use an oil balm cleanser in the evening first, then use this second. Obvs, wipe off with a hot flannel. Also use this as my morning cleanse. If you sign up to the newsletter (UK) you sometimes can get a good discount code. So pleased this is now in Boots - what a pain in the bum it used to be hiking into John Lewis in town to buy it. Winner.

on 9/16/2014 3:12:00 PM

I can see why this is a UK cult product. It works. Very effective at cleansing without stripping. Gets all the makeup and sunscreen off. I use it only at the end of the day and in the shower. Works as well as dhc cleasing oil. This is not a liquid. It is more like a cream/balm. One pump, rubbed all over the face, then use a hot cloth muslim that wipes it all away.

ingredient list has some natural ingredients, but is by no means an all natural product. No parabens. Not scent- free, but no artificial icky smell either. Light herby scent, which does not give me a headache like most products do.

Kinda of a pain to have to always wash the face muslim, but small price to pay for a grt product.

You can purchase it online, free S&H.

on 9/14/2014 3:20:00 AM

Clogged my skin badly!!!
After washing still could feel product sitting on my skin.((
Not recomend for people with acne prone sensitive skin.
Going back to use Lavera Basic Sensitive clenser.

on 5/29/2013 5:25:00 PM

If you don't have acne then I'd say this is probably a wonderful product. However, I think it is wrong that the Liz Earle website recommends the hot cloth cleanse and polish as being a suitable cleanser for acne prone skin. I can only use this product and not have a complete breakout if I use acne antibiotic cream afterwards that I've been prescribed by my doctor. Without this, and when using the Liz Earle hot cloth C&P, my acne flared up and I just didn't feel this product was completely cleansing my skin.
Initially, my experience with this product was positive, my skin seemed to glow after using it and felt very hydrated. However, after a few months of using it, my acne flared up and I felt my skin was greasy after using the product. I feel that this product is not strong enough to help unblock pores in acne prone individuals.

on 1/16/2013 5:36:00 PM

This probably gets a 2.5 from me. I just don't think it's quite right for my skin which is prone to clogged pores and hormonal breakouts - I feel the buttery texture might be contributing to an excess of congestion, and if not making my breakouts worse, it's obviously doing nothing to help them. It might be worth a try for those with dry skin - though I must note that it did nothing for my occasional dehydration/flaking. I do like the cloth method of cleansing though - I think I will keep using my cloth, but definitely with a different cleanser! Can't wait to finish this - it seems to be everlasting!!!

Packaging
Firstly, I love the packaging and infact the branding of Liz Earle products across the board. They look and feel sophisticated yet understated which I really like.

Cleanser
The product itself really is fantastic. The product glides well onto the skin and manages to dissolve make up with ease. Now here comes the clever part...the residue can be carefully and kindly soaked up and wiped away using the warm muslin cloth, which when massaged acts to also exfoliate the skin leaving you with a beautiful, soft and smooth skin surface.

Top marks!
Overall, this is an amazing product and would definitely feature towards the top of any 'desert island' wish list! I do feel for a cleaner it is a tad on the expensive side, but the quality of the product definitely justifies the price tag.

For a full review please visit my blog:

on 12/29/2011 8:27:00 AM

Within minutes of application to my face smarting and redness followed
would not recomend if you have very sensative skin.

This product has really made a difference to my face. I have oily skin and thought to bring the oilyness down, soap would be good. So i was using soap prior to buying this product. That had really dried out my skin and i would never do such a thing again. With this product my face has gotten back to the way it was before, thank goodness. I love the fact that it doesnt contain soap!

on 5/30/2011 7:13:00 AM

I have combination/oily skin and have been trying this product for 1 week.

PROS (so far):
- Beautiful packaging - Looks expensive and pump is useful
- Great for taking off makeup

CONS (so far):
- Leaves a residue on my skin - that for dry/normal skin would be perfect as it feels moisturising, but I am personally uncomfortable with it
- Very inconvenient for those on the go! - It takes a little longer to wash my face with this is the morning and night. It feels like its an extra step. I find having to wash and air dry this regularly is also a pain!
- I have developed a few red spots on my face.

I will continue to use this for a while longer and update this review soon.

I have combination/oily skin. I bought this product because I was following a blog and i heard so many great and positive feedbacks from Youtube ladies who used this and i feel like 'wow, i must have this!' Plus all the ingredients are NATURAL. And so i bought the Trial kit online because im in the US. It came just a week after! Its so fast shipping! Im so excited to try this. At first i was surprised because of the packaing very well loved! And the smell soooooo DIVINE I LOVEEE IT! (sadly the only reason why i loved it!), I also love the muslin cloth, more exofliation =). But after cleaning my face with it, i noticed some red spots coming out, like small pimples starting out. I ignored it and thought my face is just reacting on it. Then after a week, my face was like a bomb of PIMPES!! :o like realllyyy. I never had this so many pimples! I freaked out and called the customer service to return the product,( I like how approachable they are) and she said that it is normal and that my skin is just adjusting to it, and adviced me to continue using it. So i did for another weeks or so, but still OMGG i really cant take it anymore. So i stopped using it. It was a horrible experience. My face becomes oily and pimples all over. :( And, it's really not my type of cleaning the muslin cloth EVERY SINGLE DAY just to make sure its clean before i put it in my face. It doesnt remove all of my make up either.

I wanted to love it but my skin wont :( , not to mention the high PRICE :(...sorry liz earle.