Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

3.8

Not tested on animals

on 11/2/2016 12:55:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL SKIN CARE!
i purchased the liz earle daily essentials kit which contains cleanse and polish moisturiser and an instant boost skin tonic also comes with 2 amazing muslin cloths and also when you buy the set it comes with a free exfoliator, all for £45.00 its amazing for the quality.

i have acne prone spotty skin which is also very oily and these products work wonders on my skin keeps spots and breakouts AT BAY, which to me i cant put a price on.

even within the first few days of using liz earle i noticed my skin looked fresher younger and brighter, Liz earle has nothing but natural ingredients all work wonders on the skin. Packaging is also stunning! Very impressed would DEFINTLEY Repurchase!

on 8/3/2016 7:45:00 PM

This cleanser is amazing! I've tried several cleansers but this is the only one that has left my skin feeling completely soft and cleansed. It's quite expensive, but it's definitely worth it. I've already recommended it to my friends and I've only used it for a few weeks!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this! I have become quite the fan of European skincare and fragrance products as they are great for my sensitive skin. This is creme de la creme for me.

It does remove light makeup but if you use a full face of it or a really longwearing and/or full-coverage foundation, you will likely need to cleanse twice or with two cleansers.

I use it as directed but with using a regular washcloth as opposed to the muslin, as I exfoliate chemically (Pixi Glow Tonic) more often than doing anything physical with a cloth or a scrub. This doesn't irritate my skin and leaves it clean but soft-feeling and helps to lessen the severity of the inevitable hormonal breakouts and to take them down quickly. Rinse off well as the formula is thick, but your skin, if like mine, will feel so soft.

on 2/20/2016 1:33:00 PM

This is the hot-cloth cleanser I go back to time and time again. Imitations are nowhere near as good. Smells lovely, which encourages you to use it even if you're tired, takes eye make up off well and although expensive a little goes along way. Comes off clean with a muslin or flannel. I especially like it when they release a limited edition fragrance.

This is my go-to product for my sensitive, dull and eczema prone skin- I used to nick my Mum's one until she got sick of it an bought me my own about 7 years ago. I've been using it ever since and swear by it! Don't worry about the muslin cloths- use a flannel if you like, same result. Remember not to use water that is too hot as I feel this is what strips your face, rather than the product (in response to the comments below re stripping face) I love it and would highly recommend giving it a go x

Liz Earle you have saved me from terrible break outs. Since using this in the morning to wash my face gently my skin is so much better. I know acne is made worse by harsh washing but I couldn't help it because all other cream cleansers left my face just not feeling clean! But this is great! I use a flannel run it under hot water and use it to wipe the cleanser off my face gently. To all those acne sufferers with harsh skincare routines. Less is really more try this in the morning for a month you will see the difference.

on 10/2/2014 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is an HG and I've been using it religiously for a year now. My skin has changed beyond recognition in that time.

It used to be dry with patches of eczema on my forehead and cheeks, some greasiness/blackheads on and around my nose and chin with blotching, uneven skintone. Most annoyingly, I was/still am hypersensitivity to most skin products and the cold. My skin used to flare up when I washed my face with the gentlest of cleansers so (and I now feel totally grossed out thinking about the fact)...I never used to wash my face with anything more than water!! Ever! For years...euck!

My skin was a mess and it was really getting me down. Someone recommended Liz Earle C&P and in my desperation reluctantly (due to the price) I bought it, kind of expecting it would be chucked onto my pile of failed skincare experiments after the second day.

Honestly my first week did not leave me impressed and I thought it really would be another waste. It left me feeling even more congested and like I was breaking out slightly. Determined not to give up so soon due to the cost, I did quite a lot of digging on the web at how to use hot cleansers properly and within two weeks my skin felt completely transformed.

Having used it for a year now, my skin is even, pores seem smaller, I no longer have the dry patches which I have had for YEARS and which usually this time of year start to get really bad again. The greasy areas and blackheads have disappeared. My super-sensitive skin feels so soothed by the creme and supple after cleansing - not tight at all. I genuinely enjoy washing my face before I go to bed (have only missed 1 day in a year). Here are the things I've learnt about how to make this cleanser work to its full potential:

1) I started with a 100ml pump but when that finished I bought the 200ml tube which I massively prefer - doesn't waste product at the end and you can control how much to use. I use a big pea-sized amount (less than a single pump would dispense) and this means a 200ml has lasted 9 months!!!

2) I only cleanse in the evening before going to bed. I figured out my sensitive skin does not benefit from regular 2x a day cleansing, even despite how gentle this stuff is.

3) Use on a DRY face, gently massage the cream in circular movements around the face, concentrate on any areas you get blackheads etc. Really work it on your face and keep going until your fingers stop gliding and it becomes a bit gummy. I let my hot tap run during this to run through the cold water until it's really hot for the next stage (saving the cold water for my plants - don't like water waste!)

4) I prefer just a normal flannel instead of the muslin cloths as they are more gentle and just as effective. Get a CLEAN* flannel and drench with hot water (as hot as you can go without burning your hands). Wring out the cloth so it's dryish but still hot, and with gentle circular motions buff the cream off your skin using a different part of the flannel for each new area on the face.

5) Don't apply loads of pressure, the heat and the buffing is what you need to get it all off. Again, concentrate on any areas that might get blackheads/congestion. When the cloth isn't hot anymore, wet it/wring it out again - I usually do this about 3 times per cleanse.

6) Splash with COLD water. Counterintuitively, this really helps to calm skin after cleansing.

7) follow up with the next step in your routine. I prefer to just pat dry and add my Bioderma lotion for a comfortable and clean face before bed.

* note about cloths: Don't skimp and get at least seven flannels. Then you can use a clean one everyday and wash them at the end of the week. You're thinking this is OTT but it seriously stops recontaminating your face with the bacteria that grows on your flannel next time you cleanse and will stop breakouts.

There you have it - hope that helps you get the most from this amazing cleanser and it does for you what it has done for me :-)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm newly converted to this. I bought it for going on holidays. Taking one bottle is a lot easier than carrying multiple bottles of cleansers, toners, eye makeup removers, exfoliators... Right? This stuff is amazing and I truly believe it does everything I mentioned above. It is soothing to apply, it melts away foundation and eye makeup and the muslin cloth removes everything beautifully without leaving your skin feel either tight and bothered or tacky. My skin has improved since I started using it and I love the convenience of it. It takes a lot to get me excited about a makeup remover, but this is lovely and I would recommend it to most people. A little bit goes a long way.

I am mega fussy with the products that I put on my face as I'm very prone to both breakouts and sensitivity. This keeps my skin perfectly clear and balanced and breakout free! I have repurchased this 4 times now so I think that speaks for iteself.
Not tested on animals either, which is a bonus.

on 8/5/2014 6:30:00 AM

I've been using this cleanser for a number of years now. It's the only cleanser that leaves my oily skin feeling perfectly clean without that tight feeling. It removes make up really well too. If your skin is acne prone like mine I would advise using a clean muslin cloth every day to avoid spreading bacteria.I find the scent realy refreshing,though if you don't like the smell of eucalyptus you may want to avoid this product.

Popular Face Skincare Products