Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

No Title

3.9

Not tested on animals

on 3/13/2017 1:02:00 AM

I used this consistently for about 2 weeks to give it a fair try, I also used it as directed and rubbed my face very lightly with the cloth in circular motions and I rinsed really well with warm and then cold water.

While washing my face I began to notice little red bumps like a rash appearing on my forehead, this subsided shortly after washing my face so no big deal but not long after little white heads and red pimples started appearing on my forehead, temples, hair line, sides of my nose, chin and jaw line and ive one or two on my cheeks as well, I stopped using the cleanser but ive now got large painful, red cystic spots on my chin, temple and forehead and small pimples everywhere else that wont clear up.

I read somewhere that this can be the product drawing all the crap out of your skin but it's been 2 weeks and ive seen no improvement, for something that claims to improve your skin, it's given me skin problems.

Ive never had acne prone skin and its rare that a product breaks me out although it does happen occasionally, never anything as bad as this, ive a big red scab on one side of my forehead after using this. My skin is usually so dry I have to moisturise daily with oils, heavy creams like Palmers cocoa butter or Vaseline to get some life into it, its rare I get spots so I don't know what's in this that's causing me skin problems.

on 12/9/2015 2:04:00 PM

I must be one of the few people not to like this. It made me break out and did not help the breakouts I was having before I used this; it made things worse. The cloth was very abrasive, too. I felt it was rougher than necessary to get a buffing action. I did finish the product as a foot moisturiser and it worked very well for this. The pump packaging was nice, dispensing a controlled amount of product each time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Like the moisturiser, this broke me out and irritated me so badly. I think it was the combination of the cocoa butter and capric triglycerides clogging my pores and the eucalyptus essential oil that irritated me. If your skin is sensitive or even the least bit acne prone please patch test this first!

on 9/8/2015 4:26:00 PM

Well...I must be one of the only people on the planet that finds this brand super over rated. Seriously I bought the cleanser, moisturiser, toner and brightening mask and none of it does anything at all for my skin apart from make it feel like I've only washed my face with plain water.

Definintly going back to Dermalogica when I use this all up which hopefully is soon as my skin is so dry and clogged up! Useless!

on 12/27/2014 7:54:00 PM

I wanted so badly to love this but it made my skin break out horribly! I used this consistently for 3 months because it can take a little while for my sensitive skin to adjust to new products, but by the end of the trial period my face was a cystic acne mess and It took months to get my skin back to it's original condition. Really disappointing.

on 9/14/2014 3:20:00 AM

Clogged my skin badly!!!
After washing still could feel product sitting on my skin.((
Not recomend for people with acne prone sensitive skin.
Going back to use Lavera Basic Sensitive clenser.

on 7/15/2014 12:53:00 AM

Ugh, i gave this cleanser a good run and it made my skin much worse. It broke me out, left a definite film (yes I used the cloth) and irritated my skin/made me increasingly flushed as the days passed. One of the worst cleansers I've ever used. Maybe my skin is too sensitive, acne prone and clog prone for this. It's probably meant for dry skin.

I bought this product after speaking to a few clients who's skin was so clear and lovely. I had nothing but trouble with this. I'm not sure if it was the product itself or just my skin. My skin does tend to break out if I change to products which are heavy or contain a lot of rubbish. I also think, (no disrespect) but I feel this product is for a more mature woman. My skin is prone to a break out on my chin area but after using this I had spots of my cheeks and forehead also. I stopped using immediately, went back to Nivea and skin returned to normal. My advice if your 19-25 stay clear of this product.

on 2/4/2014 4:43:00 PM

I tried this product by itself, and with the muslin cloth included. I used it every single day for a week, exactly as instructed on the packaging. I don't understand what the fuss is about! As a cleanser on its own, I didn't find it to be effective at all. I've read claims that it gets rid of all traces of makeup, including eye makeup, and that couldn't be any more inaccurate. I was left with a lovely set of raccoon eyes and a greasy film on my skin. Blech! When used with the muslin cloth it manages to leave less of a film, and a streakier version of raccoon eyes. Oh...added bonus is that it made me break out on my cheeks! I haven't broken out on my cheeks since I was a teenager!
I'm going to stick with my Philosophy Purity Made Simple.

on 4/4/2013 3:26:00 AM

I used this cleanser about a year and a half ago and loved it, however, I decided to buy the rest of the range and found that I kept getting these large spots under the skin in my chin area. Spots in that area are supposed to be linked with hormones so I kept using all of the products in the hope my hormones would settle down. After a good 8 months of using all the products and getting fed up with the state my skin was in I went back to my usual face care range (Clarins) and not long after my "hormonal" spots disappeared. Just recently I decided to give the hot cloth cleanser another go (thinking it could have been the moisturiser that was causing the spots) as I felt the skin on my cheeks was getting small dry patches and thought the Liz Earle cleanser might rectify that. It absolutely did and it has also given me back my "hormonal" spots :-( . I am so disappointed as the cleanser is superb at taking off makeup, doesn't make your skin feel tight after cleansing and makes your skin feel really clean - unfortunately my skin just doesn't like it. Now on the hunt for another hot cloth system (not Eve Lom - sounds like the spot issue may occur again and I'm not taking a £50 risk just in case it doesn't!).

Popular Face Skincare Products