Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

3.8

Not tested on animals

on 12/28/2003 2:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I absolutely love this cleanser! This cleanser totally removes all of my makeup, smells amazing and my skin has never been so soft & smooth from just a cleanser. This is definitely a HG cleanser for me!!

on 1/14/2004 6:03:00 PM

This is an okayish cleanser, but it's not a substitute for Eve Lom's, as it's sometimes claimed to be. This is just a basic white cream-type cleanser with some nice-smelling essential oils, as opposed to the pure oil/wax type like Eve Lom. It claims exfoliating properties, but as it is a very smooth cream, I don't see how this is supposed to work. It leaves my skin feeling clean, but irritates it slightly, so I will not repurchase.

on 12/16/2004 11:22:00 PM

This is a lovely mild cleanser, which works on the principle of massage it on, polish it off with a muslin cloth. As a devotee of cleansing balms, I thought I would give it a go. It works very well, leaves my skin smooth, clean and exfoliated, in summer I dont even bother with moisturiser as it is so gentle and non drying. The only downfall for me is that it doent fully remove waterproof mascara as my other balms do, so I need a separate remover. The pump bottle is excellent and I love the muslin cloths, although they do go soft and become less exfoliating with repeated washing.Not a holy grail, but pretty close and I would repurchase from this Liz Earle website.

This is my fave cleanser of all time, its a great all rounder and takes eye make-up off too, the muslin cloth is brilliant it makes your face feel so clean and so smooth.

on 2/13/2006 2:13:00 PM

I am forever looking for the best cleanser for my skin, and with the hype of a new product forget my old favourite which is Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish (have only just realised this is where all the reviews are duh!). I have used this on and off for 9yrs and for the past few years when I have used just LE products my skin (which is n/c with the blackheads and the spots around the jaw-line) has never looked clearer and has never had as many compliments. It does the job, without stinging or irritation, and my skin is soft and comfortable. A winner.
UPDATE: I do love this cleanser for its gentleness, but invariably after using it for a couple of weeks I develop spots which are not cleared. The good points are that I can use it around my eyes with no stinging, it is fairly cheap, it feels very cooling on my sensitive skin. However I find that I never feel completely clean after use, and those spots...so I've docked a few lippies, as others have said, there is Cocoa butter in here which I do feel does clog the pores.

on 7/6/2006 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Excellent cleanser, creamy without being too thick and heavy, gentle on my sensitive skin, fragrance is pleasant and dissipates quickly. I think the muslin cloths are a bit silly though - I cut them up to use for spice bags in the kitchen, and just use good old fashioned towelling flannel (washcloth) - as I have all my life with any cleanser - and that's that. Their web site / mail order service is excellent, the woman on the phone was really helpful and knowledgeable about the line and ingredients. If you are in london, you can get some of the products from Brown's on South Molton Street.

on 1/14/2007 5:15:00 PM

This is marketed as being suitable 'for all skin types', but unfortunately it does not suit my combination skin, and I beleive it has contributed to break outs on my t-zone and chin. Having said that, it is a pleasure to use, and would probably be an ideal cleanser for those with drier skin types that are not acne prone.

on 2/2/2007 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a wonderful product! I have combination skin and I used this with no blocked pores or breakouts. I also combined it with Liz's Deep Cleansing Mask (the most heavenly scented mask ever) and Gentle Face Exfoliator. Cleanse and Polish has the most gently invigorating scent and you only need one pump to cleanse your whole face (including with make-up) and decollete area. Its refreshing and soothing and when removed with the muslin cloth, your skin feels clean and fresh. It removes ALL make-up, even heavily applied/lots of foundation&powders and waterproof mascara!!

I find 100ml lasts me up to 2 months. They had a limited edition 150ml size for the 10th anniversary of C&P and at Christmas and this size lasted well beyond 3 months for me. It also comes in 200ml tube. Liz Earle sell many trial size kits which are excellent value to try out and her QVC TSVs are always a must-buy!

I always return to this product when other ones fail me (I get bored so I switch a lot lol!!).

My mother bought me this along with other Liz Earle products on my 30th birthday as she thought it was "high time" I started a "proper grownup" skincare routine.... and you know what, it ain't half bad, but given I'm now 33 (!) I should probably throw it away now as I should imagine it's past it's "best before" date by this time.... I just find you don't need very much at all to get everything off your face, it's mild and creamy and seems to melt makeup with hardly any product or effort at all.

The other problem is, "proper grownup" or not, my skin still breaks out a lot, and although the Liz Earle cleanser's great for every day, I find I still need to bring out something more specifically designed to combat oiliness at certain times of the month etc. Cleanse and Polish *is* quite deep-cleansing as it's got clay in it, and it DOES gently exfoliate, but my skin often demands a bit more than that.

Finally, not a fan of the muslin cloth at all. It seems gimmicky and daft. I just use a normal cloth and follow up with Liz Earle tonic toner. continued >>

on 3/18/2007 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I tried this cleanser hoping it could replace my pricey holy grail Eve Lom's cleansing cream. Alas, they are nothing alike. This does not cleanse remotely as well as Eve Lom's. It doesn't leave my skin as balanced either. I've finished two full-size pump bottles of Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish (I ordered the double set) and I won't be repurchasing. It's nice enough but nothing special. I wasn't impressed with the muslin cloths either because they aren't as exfoliating or as large as Eve Lom's cloths. In addition to the cleanser and muslin cloths, I also ordered a whole set of Liz Earle's products and while they were all nice enough, I didn't find any of them to be extra special. I liked her physical sunscreen fine but it was rather opaque and doesn't offer high PPD protection, so I won't be repurchasing that either. Other products I've tried include her moisturizer (the dry/sensitive one), the superbalm and a mask. The moisturizer was my favorite of all her products I've used.