Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

3.9

Not tested on animals

on 11/19/2002 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this cleanser quite a lot. It has become my staple for every day. I need a gentle cleanser and this fits the bill very nicely.

on 1/17/2003 3:42:00 PM

Wonderful wonderful cleanser. A gentle cream removed with supplied muslin cloth. I prefer using this with Eve Lom's cleansing cloths because they're more exfoliating.
Gentle and hydrating helps balance and soothe oily and dry areas. Great for all skin types. Regularly listed as a beauty editors' favourite here in the U.K.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

I really love this cleanser for usng at night to take off my makeup. I bought it from qvcuk and they have some very good deals including other skincare essentials too. I got 2 cloths with mine. I prefer it to eve lom because it is almost the same product but a lot cheaper, it comes in a sanitary tube instead of the unsanitary pot that the Eve Lom one comes in that you have to dip your fingers in. It is a lot more accesible than eve lom too. All in all a great buy

on 5/18/2003 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I adore this product ! Leaves my skin feeling soft, and conditioned. Even safe to use around the eye area..eye make up just melts away !!!!!
The eucalyptus in it reminds me of Menthol and Eucalyptus throat sweets.....mmmm !

This cleanser is great! Smells great, and leaves my face feeling fresh and clean and soft. Doesn't seem to really exfoliate like it says on the package, but it is definitely a nice product. I would buy again.

on 11/26/2003 10:05:00 AM

I was hoping this would be a less pricy substitute for my Eve Lom cleansing cream, but I don't think the two even compare. While I prefer the packaging of this (a cool cylinder type squeeze w/ a neat top), the product itself just didn't achieve the same level of cleansing. It only took one try to see this is not for me.

on 12/28/2003 2:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I absolutely love this cleanser! This cleanser totally removes all of my makeup, smells amazing and my skin has never been so soft & smooth from just a cleanser. This is definitely a HG cleanser for me!!

on 1/14/2004 6:03:00 PM

This is an okayish cleanser, but it's not a substitute for Eve Lom's, as it's sometimes claimed to be. This is just a basic white cream-type cleanser with some nice-smelling essential oils, as opposed to the pure oil/wax type like Eve Lom. It claims exfoliating properties, but as it is a very smooth cream, I don't see how this is supposed to work. It leaves my skin feeling clean, but irritates it slightly, so I will not repurchase.

Love love love this cleanser! It really does what it claims to - cleanses gently but thoroughly without drying or irritating the skin. I think previous reviewers may have missed the point a little: it's the muslin cloth that has the natural exfoliating properties, not the cleansing cream itself - the steaming/polishing action of removing the cream is what sweeps away dead skin cells. I've tried the Eve Lom cleanser and found it too heavy for my skin, whereas this feels very light but rich at the same time. It's completely natural and reasonably priced at 18 for a huge squeezy tube that lasts months - my absolute HG cleanser.

I gave this a 5 for all the categories. It cleanses very well indeed, rivaling my beloved Lush UltraBland. I didn't think that anything could come close to my Ultrabland but LE Cleanse and Polish has done it. You only have to use one pump-full for your whole face, and it removes my stubborn 3-layers of mascara instantly without me having to rub and rub and rub like i do with Ultrabland. It disolves all my make-up like sugar in hot water and feels lovely and creamy - and yet it doens't feel heavy or clogging. I would but this again. It's sanitary and lovely to use. It also leaves my skin amazingly smooth and soft.

Popular Face Skincare Products