Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

4.1

Not tested on animals

on 9/17/2016 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like to experiment with different cleansers, but I keep coming back to this one again and again. I like the smell and texture. While some reviewers find the hot cloth thing to be a faff, it really does get your face clean without drying it out. I have a stack of the cloths and wash after every use (they are usually dry by morning, so no issues with throwing them in the wash).

on 4/28/2015 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is really a great cleanser! I was looking for a cream cleanser that was not irritating my eyes for years and now I found it. This cleanser does everything I want.
It cleanses my skin and (mascara) eyes perfectly, does not irritate my eyes, does not cause dermatitis or acne, is parfum free and does not dry out my skin.
I do not use the muslin cloth anymore, but a regular washcloth, I like that more, it is softer on my skin and somehow exfoliates better.

What I learned about my sensitive skin the last years is not to use foaming cleansers and to exfoliate every day in a mild way (washcloth).
Also to use parfum free product without other irritating ingredients.
I suffered from acne, blefaritis and seborrheic dermatitis my whole life and this keeps everything in control.

I cleanse my skin with the Liz Earl cleanser and a washcloth at night and moisturize with Physiogel.
In the morning wash my skin with water and moisturize with Cicabio from Bioderma.

on 2/19/2015 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is perfect for my sensitive skin it erases all makeup including waterproof mascara the texture is rich and creamy. My skin is always smooth and clear afterwards without redness or irritation. Its a more gentle alternative to a scrub.

on 2/14/2015 12:28:00 PM

I'm beginning to become addicted to cleansing my face, love this product. Wish it was a little cheaper - its way too expensive for a cleanser.

on 10/2/2014 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I never got on with this cleanser. Over the years I have regularly tried it out because the reviews have always been so glowing and its cheaper than Eve Lom, but nope, my skin looked and felt awful. Red, raw, greasy, spotty, unclean, generally yuk. I went on a skin detox. 3 days without washing and then re-introduction of products one at a time. I have found the culprits. Cocoa butter and shea butter, This product contains cocoa butter, hence the problems with congestion and spots. If you're fortunate enough to have skin that laps up the aforementioned ingredients then you will love this cleanser and it deserves it rave reviews. If you don't get on with it, then you may well not get on with any products containing these butters. I don't. But there are alternatives out there (Emma Hardie, Eve Lom to name but but two).

on 5/29/2014 10:13:00 AM

good cleanser for mature ladies i am late 50s normal/sensitive skin.
have used for years does not aggravate any areas due to the botanical
ingredients. it has gone up in price in recent years but i get the 3 x 100ml pack
pump dispensers (no wastage). makeup just glides off - dont use for mascara
removal it just stains the muslin cloth i use slightly damp cotton pad.
would recommend this product

This is the only cleanser I use. I have good skin but I notice it looks dull without cleanse and polish. It is expensive but I think worth every penny

on 7/20/2013 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I understand why this is so popular. It's the one cleanser I repeatedly come back to. Gentle, effective and a really lovely consistency. I didn't notice a difference in my skin when I started using it but when I stopped I found my skin was less balanced and more prone to the odd break out and dry patches. I use it at least once a day, sometimes choosing to oil cleanse at night or use an AHA cleanser in the mornings. Overall this is simply an absolute pleasure to use. The muslin cloths are also great, I do sometimes use a cotton wash cloth or micro fibre cloth but I think the Liz Earle cloths are pretty good and I usually stock up with a couple when I repurchase.

Didn't like this too much at first though it smells lovely - seemed to irritate my sensitive skin but then I eased up on the hot cloth use - just use it as a rinse off cleanser and use the hot cloth twice a week and it's great

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I have a friend who raves about this product so I decided to give it a go.
Unfortunately this did not agree with me at all and my face ended up red raw and I had to stop using and go back to my Decleor for sensitive range. I dont use heavy eye make up but I didnt find it any good at removing.

Popular Face Skincare Products