Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
No Title

3.8

Not tested on animals

This is a product I've come back to time and time again! I've tried other cleansers, but nothing at all is as fantastic as this.. I had a serious acne breakout over the summer from a Bare Minerals oil cleanser (which at first was amazing) but then this horrible breakout started, I stopped using this and repurchased the Liz Earle and low and behold cleared up my skin like a dream.. I won't be trying any other cleansers now, I've found "My" perfect cleanser and I'm sticking to it! This product removes everything and my skin feels so good, clean and fresh after using... its very pleasant to use and makeup goes on so well due to how smooth it makes my skin.. definitely a 5* from me... highly recommended..

I'm up to my umpteenth tube of this - what a great product. Melts all my make up off (even give it a good rub into my eyes - negates the need for eye make up remover, never stings eyes). Smells great. A big tube lasts forever. I usually use an oil balm cleanser in the evening first, then use this second. Obvs, wipe off with a hot flannel. Also use this as my morning cleanse. If you sign up to the newsletter (UK) you sometimes can get a good discount code. So pleased this is now in Boots - what a pain in the bum it used to be hiking into John Lewis in town to buy it. Winner.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this after reading several great reviews on various sites. This is my second cleanser in my two step cleaning program. The first is Bioderma micellaire water to remove makeup. I see the improvement in my skin, it's clearer and brighter and definitely more open to toner and serum. The cloth is gentle but does a good job in exfoliating. The product penetrates into the skin while keeping some slip so I can do massage my skin.

I won't repurchase immediately if only for the reason that I'm a product junkie and on the search for my HG cleanser. I will continue to use the muslin cloths.

on 11/2/2016 12:55:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL SKIN CARE!
i purchased the liz earle daily essentials kit which contains cleanse and polish moisturiser and an instant boost skin tonic also comes with 2 amazing muslin cloths and also when you buy the set it comes with a free exfoliator, all for £45.00 its amazing for the quality.

i have acne prone spotty skin which is also very oily and these products work wonders on my skin keeps spots and breakouts AT BAY, which to me i cant put a price on.

even within the first few days of using liz earle i noticed my skin looked fresher younger and brighter, Liz earle has nothing but natural ingredients all work wonders on the skin. Packaging is also stunning! Very impressed would DEFINTLEY Repurchase!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried time and time again with this cleanser and it really doesn't work for me. In fact I blame it for my having being so lazy when cleansing my face!
As a regular Liz Earle customer over the years I have been sent numerous trial size Cleanse and Polishes, it being lauded as their top product. I've only ever found it OK but hey, it's Liz Earle, everybody raves about it so it must be good so I've carried on using it. People have also bought it for me as a gift ("she likes Liz Earle, she must like this!") hence it has been my cleanser for years-though the reality has been that I've actually been using makeup wipes rather than this most of the time! This has only really been used when I suddenly think "I really should take my skincare more seriously and cleanse properly". Then it's such a faff that after a day or so I return to the lazy girl's solution of makeup wipes.
My experience of using this is that if you use it to remove makeup the muslin cloth is filthy after one use so has to be machine washed so you have to have several cloths to hand. When I'm tired and off to bed the last thing I want to faff about with is a wet, dirty facecloth-don't want to put it in my laundry basket when wet (don't want damp smelling washing if I don't get chance to launder it next day) so what do I do with it? After several washes the cloths become less soft too.
The product itself is just OK (but apparently the [massively inconvenient] cloths are what make it so magical so that's to be expected?? It stings if it gets in your eyes (and invariably it gets in your eyes when you're trying to remove eye makeup) and afterwards my skin feels a bit tight like I've used soap and water. Not great for dry skin types like mine.
Even the pump dispenser clogs (though probably because I leave it so long between uses) and you lose product that has solidified when you press it when you first use it.
I've now given my skincare regime a complete overhaul, discovered a far superior cleanser (Clarins Pure Melt) and this product is now consigned to the bin!
I've given 2 lippies because it's never broken me out and surely, if it were so bad, I wouldn't have used it for so many years-though when I compare it to my newfound cleanser I wonder what the hell I was doing!

on 2/20/2016 1:33:00 PM

This is the hot-cloth cleanser I go back to time and time again. Imitations are nowhere near as good. Smells lovely, which encourages you to use it even if you're tired, takes eye make up off well and although expensive a little goes along way. Comes off clean with a muslin or flannel. I especially like it when they release a limited edition fragrance.

on 12/9/2015 2:04:00 PM

I must be one of the few people not to like this. It made me break out and did not help the breakouts I was having before I used this; it made things worse. The cloth was very abrasive, too. I felt it was rougher than necessary to get a buffing action. I did finish the product as a foot moisturiser and it worked very well for this. The pump packaging was nice, dispensing a controlled amount of product each time.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm newly converted to this. I bought it for going on holidays. Taking one bottle is a lot easier than carrying multiple bottles of cleansers, toners, eye makeup removers, exfoliators... Right? This stuff is amazing and I truly believe it does everything I mentioned above. It is soothing to apply, it melts away foundation and eye makeup and the muslin cloth removes everything beautifully without leaving your skin feel either tight and bothered or tacky. My skin has improved since I started using it and I love the convenience of it. It takes a lot to get me excited about a makeup remover, but this is lovely and I would recommend it to most people. A little bit goes a long way.

on 8/5/2014 6:30:00 AM

I've been using this cleanser for a number of years now. It's the only cleanser that leaves my oily skin feeling perfectly clean without that tight feeling. It removes make up really well too. If your skin is acne prone like mine I would advise using a clean muslin cloth every day to avoid spreading bacteria.I find the scent realy refreshing,though if you don't like the smell of eucalyptus you may want to avoid this product.

Have been using all kind of cleansers over the years - milk, mousse, balm and more recently micellaire water, which I find horrible as it just does not clean no matter the brand, but nothing, absolutely nothing comes close to this. Not Eve Lom, not Ren (which I stll think makes very good products), not Dermalogica, not Clinique, Clarins and the likes. I would get OK results with a milk cleanser/Clarisonic combo but Cleans&Polish is more effective, more gentle, less time-consuming and easier to use. It removes mascara and eye shadow, it REALLY keeps pores junk-free and my skin colour looks more uniform.

Before my very first application, I got a facial done so I started off with clean skin. A month down the line, using it twice a day, and my pores are still clean and I couldn't ask for more.

EDIT - not realising that my second bottle was finishing (yep packaging isn't great), and given that in Italy I can only get it through mail order, I went and bought a very basic though delicate cleanser to use while waiting for my Cleans&Polish to arrive. I hate wasting products so I forced myself to use the cheap cleanser up (with LE cloth) before switching to Cleans&Polish again and... the results are as good! I really think that what we should be praising here is the cloth more than the product itself! Won't be purchasing Cleans&Polish again.

Popular Face Skincare Products