Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

No Title

3.8

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My skin dries out really easily and I usually don't even bother trying products that i need to rinse off since my skin always feels like a drumskin afterwards no matter how expensive or hyped the product is. BUT this actually doesn't dry my skin out, probably because coconut (caprylic triglycerid) and cocoa butter is two of the main ingredients. I also like the hot cloth thingy that helps exfoliate the skin without irritating it. I would recommend this for anyone that gets both dry and flaky easily. The rich, wite cream (no annoying and dehydrating foam!)smells a lot of eacalyptus and feels kind of cool on the skin at first and could probably be irritatating if you have super sensitiive skin but i don't so it wasn't a problem for me.

on 10/27/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I was introduced to this by my Aunt several years ago and it has been one of my all time favourite products ever since then! I have the cleanse and polish, toner spray, moisturiser, and deep cleansing mask and I love them all. I like to take the time twice a week to give myself a little DIY facial using all the products and I love the smell and how luxurious they feel. Il focus on just the cleanser for some pros and cons:

Pros:
Economical formula: although pricey, if you use it right it will last longer than you'd expect. The formula is thick and creamy and one pump dispenses exactly the right amount of product so you don't waste any. A little really does go a long way

Smell: I love the light eucalyptus smell of this I think it smells luxurious and lends itself well to a weekend pamper session!

It works: I can't speak for everyone but I really feel like I've seen a very noticable improvement in my skin condition since I started using this. My skin can be a little sensitive - particularly to fragrance - and I've had no reactions or sensitivity. My face feels smooth, clean and healthy after I use this

Cons:
Price: it is a bit on the pricy side. I have a cheaper alternative too and I tend to alternate so I don't end up rebuying the whole range every 2 months as this would be way out of my budget!

Muslin cloths - Arg! They drive my boyfriend nuts because they are always hanging all over the place drying out! It is a bit of a faff having to use these as obviously you have to keep them clean and dry. I think it's worth it but some may not

I will happily I jumped head first onto the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish bandwagon. After reading rave reviews everywhere I went I figured I would give it a shot.

The product itself is a creamy texture and felt nice on the skin, used in conjunction with the muslin cloth it had a nice exfoliating effect and therein lay the problem for me. This product felt quite stripping on my skin and really dried me out. I found that I had a lot more flaky skin and it broke me out on my cheeks where I almost never break out.

Overall I really wanted to love it, especially because it was so expensive, but I ended up donating to a friend who raves about it and will use nothing else. It obviously works for a lot of people so it may be worth giving it a try it just didnt rock my world.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I liked this and finished the bottle, but I'm not sure I'll repurchase. I like milk/balm cleansers in general (and always use a muslin cloth and love the Liz earle cloths!) but this one felt waxy on my skin. Even after removing it with the muslin cloth I felt like there was a waxy layer on my skin which kept my skin from breathing. I think beeswax is one of the ingredients. I like the Ren milk cleanser better, also Burt's bees orange oil cleanser and clarins cleansing milk are some that I like better.

on 9/4/2011 12:44:00 PM

So many people rave about this cleanser, so I gave it a try. Now, having almost finished the standard size bottle, I'm not going to use it again. I've done everything properly - dry hands and face, massage it on my face, really hot water on a clean cloth to remove it, etc etc, but no joy. My skin looks worse than it did before I started using it - it used to be clear and now I get regular breakouts and much more redness. Also, it's no good at removing make up- I have to use a separate eye make up remover and all I wear is mascara and eye-liner...

on 5/22/2011 3:23:00 AM

I will admit to being a liz Earle junkie, but this was the first product from their range which I used. I never really had a skincare routine, as my skin is very fussy, and either breaks out or dries out very easily! I was bought this by my mum, who diapered of her daughter's teenage skin at the age of 28.
The product is a creamy formula, with a fairly strong eucalyptus smell, which I find refreshing, but I know others can find a bit strong. I massage this all over my face, leaving my eyes til last, before wiping away with the wet muslin cloth. It removes most, if not all of m make up (my double wear mascara defeats it, I have found). After rinsing my skin feels soft and clean, but does need a little moisturiser. I still exfoliate with a scrub once a week, so the cloth isn't quite exfoliating enough for me.
I will admit to not using a clean cloth every time - too much laundry! I make them last a couple of days.
I've never had a breakout when using this, my skin will misbehave if I stop using it, or get lazy and only use I once a day. I know some people don't get along with this - my mum had a terrible break out using it. I thin it's a bit of a " marmots" product in that respect! Personally I wouldn't be without it.
Price-wise it's ok, if not brilliant, but then if you use something every day the cost will add up!
Now that it's available in my local John Lewis I'm a happy girl....

This was a complete shock to me. After reading rave reviews, i was somewhat of a disbeliever. I ordered a bottle of this product and now well it is a staple in my cleansing regime. I could not believe the glow it brought back to my skin. I use it twice daily, just one pump so as you can imagine you get quite a lot of product for around 14. I will never use face wipes again to remove make up!! I believe this is the best cleanser on the market. I have just put an order in for a few other of the products from the range, so I will let you know how I get on with them. I also like the fact that it is all natural ingredients, therefore we are not pumping chemicals onto our skin.

on 4/7/2011 8:17:00 AM

I've been using this for a week now, and have a pimple under my eye, and one on the side of my nose bridge. I've never had spots in these areas ever, and this is the only new product I've been using in that time.

I have very dry/dehydrated skin which is on the sensitive side. Even going gently with the cloth, my skin is now tight after waking up, and the pores on my cheeks are bigger - it seems to have dried me up and given me pimples, so the worst of both worlds for me, I'm afraid.

on 12/15/2010 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Very good cleanser! I use it once a day, at night, with the cloth, and it works perfectly. For my eyes I do use my regular eye makeup remover (Clean&Sensitive Garnier), but that's because I wear waterproof mascara. I love the routine of rubbing it in, and washing it off with the warm cloth. My skins feels very clean afterwards, without being too dry. It has also cleared up my hormonal acne a bit, in combination with Sudocreme. :) Will repurchase!
P.s. this stuff is a million times better than the Eve Lom cleanser, which is way more expensive!

on 11/2/2010 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG for cleansers. The Eve Lom version led to acne. This gets rid of all my makeup and the muslin cloth is fantastic for exfoliation. I tried other cleansers when I ran out and I immediately regretted it. There is no other cleanser in the world that make my face and neck feel so clean!