Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
No Title

3.1

Not tested on animals

Having combination skin, I had always made the mistake of thinking I could only use foaming/wash-off cleansers to strip the oil from my skin and avoid breakouts. However, after trying this cleanser on offer (got this along with the moisturiser, toner and eye lotion), I was amazed at how much my skin improved using a cream/balm cleanser such as this.

I love how easy this is to use, I just take a small amount, massage it over my whole face, gentle wipe it off with a muslin cloth or flannel and finish with a splash of water and it leaves my skin feeling smooth and fresh. I feel (although nice to use) the toner and eye lotion are pretty much useless but I feel the cleanser and moisturiser combo work well on my skin.

It is expensive however I find I've only been through one and a half bottle of this in a year which isn't awful and it can be more cost effective to purchase as a set since I use other products in this range.

I would say this product is also good at removing traces of makeup that my makeup remover hasn't removed (and it never burns my eyes when using around this area). However, I would not use it alone as a makeup remover.

Overall, this product has really improved my skin's texture and appearance and since using it I definitely do not suffer from breakouts as much as I did before. The cons are definitely the price for me and that the 'travel-size' 100ml version of this product is still very large and bulky so not ideal to be brought on holiday etc..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

---- Have updated review under the line ------

Firstly, this product is amazing! I got a sample from John Lewis which was the small 50ml bottle and has lasted me around two weeks morning and evening. I have sensitive skin which means I break out and have extremely dry skin but this cleared both problems up. The creamy cleanser feels moisturising and when removed with the muslim cloth, feels exfoliated. I didn't even have to put my usual heavy duty moisturiser or sensitive skin toner with it! people have also commented on how clear and radiant my skin looks. Seriously recommend if you're looking for a product for sensitive/blemish ridden skin, however my skin does get used to skincare products quickly but this has been nothing but good to my skin.

------------------------------------

UPDATE: 20/2/15 Had to reduce this to 2 lippies as after continuous use it REALLY upset my skin, caused me to breakout/have a rash and wasn't pleasant to my skin at all! My skin constantly felt tight after this, even with my rich moisturiser. I'm disappointed as I thought this would be my HG cleanser.

on 1/18/2013 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Words cannot describe how much I love this cleanser! I suffer from very dry skin, especially in the winter months so I decided to treat myself to this Christmas time and I haven't looked back or regretted it for a second! My skin is definitely looking and feeling healthier since I've used this. After I've used it my skin feels so fresh and so relaxed - as bizzarre as that sounds. My only negative is the fact that it only comes with two muslin cloths, so after a day I have to use flannels until I've put a wash through. I love the idea of the muslin cloths but I don't really want to go out and buy more. I would 100% recommend this to anyone particularly those with dry skin. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My grandma swears by Cleanse and Polish, so she bought the massive 200ml tube for me for chirstmas. Boy am I glad she did! I use a make-up wipe to remove my mascara as it can get a bit messy, but it removes my face make-up like a dream! As i have oily skin, my face looked a bit dull but this really feels like its de-slicking my face without being stripping gives it a lovely glow. I've been having a few break out due to pigging out over the Christmas period and its definitely helping them go away faster. Id say this is great for all skin types, as i said my Grandma uses it and she has mature, dry and very sensitive skin and she loves it! Well done Liz :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this. I really did. It just didn't do anything whatsoever for my skin. I tried so hard to see any difference to my skin, but no. Nothing. If anything, it made my oil production slightly worse. I also hated the texture and how it kind of sinks in to your face, it made me cringe and I could just feel it clogging up all my pores. Luckily, I only purchased a 30ml bottle and I stopped using it before it did anything worse to my skin. SO disappointing!

on 12/24/2012 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After recovering from acne, by skin was pretty much clear, apart from the occasional hormonal pimple to two. I had tried this after my original pukka cleanser had run out, and for the first few days it seemed fine, but then my skin broke out. I now have little spots all over my face, even after switching back to my original cleanser. It's a shame that I tried this, especailly as I had just managed to clear my skin :( stay away from this product!

on 12/17/2012 10:00:00 PM

Absolutely rubbish. Having used this before, I can seriously see the difference with the new ingredient changes! (No doubt because of the recent Avon takeover). Before, this had a lovely menthal smell and it was a rich creamy texture which felt luxurious and good for your skin... I never had any problems with breakouts! Now, it has a awful smell and there is no longer any almond milk.. but instead cocoa butter- which is known to clog pores?!

My experience with this has been horrendous. Breakout after breakout after breakout. Thank god I went to my dermatologist and asked about this stuff or perhaps I would still be persevering with it!

Overall this is bad for skin, and despite the claims made by Liz Earle.. this cleanser IS NOT for everyone. It is stupid to claim that ONE cleanser will be suitable for all different skin types.

on 11/1/2012 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't usually write reviews but I just have to with this. I bought this cleanser after using Ponds Cold Cream (amazing) for a while. I will start off with saying that my skin is dry but was in good condition before trying this and always has been. I'd get maybe one or two hormonal spots a month and that would be that. I bought this cleanser because of the good reviews and was hoping it would take the redness out of my face. Right from day one of using this my skin started to break-out. I stuck at it because I thought it was just my skin adjusting to a new thing and it would soon calm down. 3 and a half weeks later I couldn't physically carry on with it any more. My face has completely changed, I now have more than 5 spots on my face at any time and it is very very sensitive. I blame my bad skin purely on Liz Earle because I changed nothing else in my skin-care regime. I immediately changed to Alpha H balancing cleanser which is helping me, but 4 weeks on and I'm still trying to sort out the mess this cleanser made of my skin. Would not recommend. Like others have said, the cocoa butter element is a stupid idea.

on 6/14/2012 1:59:00 PM

I was so excited to try this product but it let me down!
The packaging was great, the smell was great but just did nothing for my skin at all.
After i cleansed my face my face didnt feel clean.
I felt as though i needed to wash my face again with another face wash!
It did take all my makeup off like no other product so that is 1 plus.
The morning after my face just didnt feel smooth at all my skin looked dull, no radiance nothing.
I will not use this product again..It is not all what its made out to be at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I loved this product and repurchased twice. However, it was breaking me out really bad and I was blaming it on other products I was using, finally realising it was actually the cleanse and polish. I love the concept and it works really well for a lot of people, however, it just wasn't for me

Popular Face Skincare Products