It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Olive

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

My review mimics another review below. I'm about N20 and "fair" was too dark. The pump dispenses too much product and it never seems to dry. This made me realize how much I like Wet N Wild Coverall.

Some of my favourite beauty bloggers had mentioned they swapped this for their every day foundation. This product is expensive to start with, however I was so excited since I had heard it was great coverage and had spf. Upon receiving this product I tried to hard to like it until I kept breaking out every time I used the product. It sadly sits unused now.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: medium dark
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge
SKIN TYPE: combination

PROS

- medium to full coverage
- easy to blend
- does not oxidize
- lightweight

CONS

- settles into fine lines
- too dewy/oily

COMMENTS: Very dewy foundation, which gets very oily and very quickly even when worn in cooler weather. It also immediately settles into fine lines and creased around my nose. It does provide good coverage, does not oxidize, and is very easy to blend. I prefer to add some loose translucent powder to help it stay on better, but it does nothing in terms of oil control. It does however, remain lightweight. The shade "medium tan" is too light for my complexion, but the next shade up is also too dark/pink. So, that's also an issue. It does have a blurring effect and while my skin did look nice, it also became greasy looking quite fast. The finish reminds me a lot of L'Oreal's Pro Glow, but with more coverage.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I mix in a little of their illuminating CC cream and some of the bronzing as well. A little goes a long way. It lasts all day long and makes me look younger. I love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I got this as a decent size sample (around 4 uses), so I cannot accurately rate the packaging, hence the middle of the road rating. What I can rate is the product and price. I received the shade medium, and oh boy was it orange. Light may have been a better match, but if you are golden/olive medium will probably not work for you. I still decided to try it out, since if it was good I could then try the light shade. Unfortunately I really disliked this product. It smelled strongly of citrus and did not fade. It's not a scent I really mind, but fragranced products on my face are usually an issue for me. I don't care for it and it can sometimes trigger migraines. The next issue was that it's not really good at covering. It was thick enough you could see me wearing something (plus, shade match issues contributed to this), but you could still see some faded acne marks I currently have from a recent breakout through the product. It streaked when I tried to rub in with fingers, and did the same with a brush (ironically, a mini IT brush I got as a freebie). If I used a brush in a stippling motion it seemed to blend ok. I think it would've been better with a primer, but in my mind this is a "one and done" product, not one that should be finicky. It also rubbed off easily on hands and clothing. It was moisturizing, but also heavy feeling. It also clung to dry patches somewhat. I only wore for about an hour before removing due to fragrance, it rubbing off, and not looking good. I'm not sure if this would clog pores or not, as I removed it fairly quickly both times I tried it.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I was expecting great things from this product because of the feedback from many beauty guru's saying it was amazing! So when I went to Australia, I got the chance to go to Mecca, and I purchased this for $58AUD... (Australian dollars) .. that definitely caught me off guard with that price; but it makes sense with the currency exchange from American dollars to Australian dollars. Anyway, I took a risk and bought it. A little background on my skin; I have quite sensitive skin, acne-prone and combination (although mainly dry). A couple months ago I went on the pill for my skin and period cramps, and obviously my skin has broken out like crazy because my body is still getting use to the pill, so Im getting bigger and more sore acne. I was looking for a more lightweight, but full coverage product that could hide my acne because I'm incredibly insecure, especially how my skin has reacted to the medication. My overall experience with this so far is that I DO NOT recommend this for anyone with medium-strong acne, probably the odd pimple here and there.

CONS:
- does not last long at all (longest for me was 2 hours.. even when I used a primer meant for keeping the longevity)
- breaks up around acne and clings so badly to dry patches and texture. no matter how I care for my dry skin (looks caked and terrible)
- doesn't set properly? I won't bake because of dry skin, and setting it with a powder, it still looks dewy?? ( I use rimmel stay matte because every other cakes)
- the smell is a bit to strong for me, although I understand its SPF+ so thats not to bad of a con

PROS:
- SPF50+ is amazing.. makes me feel more confident in wearing it out in the sun (although it gets really oily after a while)
- quite full coverage, just with the exception of my acne problem at the moment
- simple and easy packaging

Overall, in terms of my situation at the time I tried this product out, I can tell you its not great for acne; like I said, it breaks up around and on my acne, and in general.. ( on the packaging it recommends you keep applying it but like, who wants to keep applying their base over all the contour, powder etc.. ) this review may not be helpful at all, but I just wanted to share my experience. And when I said it cakes on dry patches, this product actually also feels somewhat moisturising! My first experience with this product was not to bad, but I think I definitely would come back to this product, once my skin has cleared and my medication has targeted my acne problem. Overall, a good on the go product and awesome coverage while being lightweight, but just not good enough for dry and/or acne-prone skin or texture as it highlights these things. The price also is A bit of a downside..

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I don't know why I didn't try this CC cream earlier from IT Cosmetics. It's everything I need in one. I got the color tan which surprisingly is an exact match to my NC 42 skintone. I'm somewhat neutral with slight olive undertones. I have normal to dry skin but mostly dry. On days that my skin is not dry and flaky, I can get away without moisturizer but I only do that if I'm in a rush or too lazy on that day. I've heard that it works best without a primer and so far so good for me. I have visible poors but this CC cream doesn't emphasize it. I feel like it makes some of them a little less visible on some areas. I've tried the pore professional by Benefit and it doesn't do anything for my pores. So for this CC cream to not emphasize it is a plus for me. This has lasted on my face for at least 8 hrs. I haven't worn it longer than that yet. It doesn't settle into my fine lines or ecentuate them. I don't find that I need to set this with any powder because I have dry skin so I don't want it to look too matte. For me, it's more of a satin finish not as dewy as I've seen on others. The coverage for me seems to be medium. I wouldn't say full coverage because I can still see my freckles peeping through. But then again I only apply one pump. One and a half max if I want more coverage. My melasma peeps through too. But this evens out my skin tone and evens out my complexion and still look like skin. I feel like it does the same thing as far as coverage goes as the UD All Nighter but the All Nighter looks thicker on me.
The only cons about this product is that it's not transfer proof. So it'll rub off if you keep on touching your face or blowing your nose like I did today. But then again, I don't set it with a powder.
Another con is that the pump on my tube stopped working after my second use. I tried to unscrew it to see what's wrong and wasn't able to. So I had to exchange it.
Also I wish there were more shades.
For me, I wish there were a shade between medium and tan. And of course more shades for the other ladies out there .
I will definitely be repurchasing this again if I run out. This beats my UD foundation and I love how it applies both with a sponge and brush. But with this I prefer to use it with my RT buffing brush,

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm so annoyed by this product because it is SO amazing but they don't make a color that matches me. I have very yellow/olive skin (NC30-35) and this color is too pink for me. I had to give it away to a friend.

This CC cream is the best I have used. It completely blurs any texture on your face and makes you look airbrushed while giving nearly full coverage! It gives your skin a very glowy look. I would not recommend for oily skin. This product is better for dry skin or combination with a powder.

I was having a big issue finding the right makeup for my skin, which is oily, acne prone, scarred, large pores, etc. I went through a couple hundred dollars worth of product trying to find something that helps my skin while actually covering and not looking flakey, cakey and thick. I really enjoyed the one I was using before this (Jouer) but the feel of the It! Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream hooked me. It slides on so smoothly, maybe due to the snail secretion being a prominent ingredient? I just love the coverage, silky smooth going on, stays looking pretty, not cakey.

Makeup routine is as folows. Wash with Panoxyl Hydrogen Peroxide 10% or Peter Lamas Naturals Exfoliating Pumpkin Facial Scrub, buff it in with my charcoal sponge, rinse, apply eye cream (either Pur~Lisse Blue Lotus 4-in-1 Eye Adore Serum or Hey Honey Open Your Eyes Eye Contour Lifting Fluid) And Vitamin C Serum (either Revealed Beauty Vitamin C Serum 20% Potency Vitamin C with Hyaluronic Acid or Divas Never Age Hyaluronic Acid + Vitamin C + Antioxidants) buff on it Cosmetics CC Cream in Light in with a fluffy brush, conceal with It Bye Bye Undereye Concealer, follow with Doll 10 HydraGel Blush on the apples of my cheeks, set it with Tarte Amazonian Clay Smooth Operator or Innis Sebum Free powder, and bronze/contour with Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof bronzer in Park Ave Princess, highlight with Pixi by Petra Beauty Blush Duo in Rose Gold, then on to eyeshadow and brows (usually theBalm Cosmetics Nude 'Tude Nude Eyeshadow Palette.) Finish with a gloss and Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wasn't out to purposely buy this. I recently bought UD One &Done and had to return it. I think these two products have the same exact finish which I love. They both offer this satin matte airbrushed finish. They both feel exactly the same on the skin too. They have enough slip to blend but they don't feel greasy. The only difference is the level of coverage. UD is sheer and IT Cosmetics is medium to full. The reason why I had to return UD One & Done was because after a few days of wearing it, I had 21 tiny red zits all over. Yikes! I usually know if a certain ingredient will cause a breakout. However, I really don't have a clue this time. I was scared to try the IT Cosmetics CC cream for a long time because of the very long ingredient list. So many things that could possibly be a trigger. I've been using it for two days and I counted less blemishes on my skin today. Today, I have 8 tiny red zits. Even though most are gone, I noticed three newer ones that popped up yesterday. So does it break me out? Maybe a slight reaction but it's far better than the UD one. Even though I gave this five stars, it's not entirely perfect. It does oxidize almost two shades darker after wearing it for around five hours. I can't blame the product 100% for this because I'm very oily and most base products do oxidize even when wearing a primer. I'm Tan in the Celebration foundation and that doesn't oxidize on me. It stays true to color even when I workout in it. I picked up Tan in this CC cream and it matches perfecly once applied but it starts to oxidize to a pink orange tone. I added a pic in my profile (hair half up) so you can get an idea of what it oxidizes to. You can see how naturally warm my neck area is and how slighly pink my face is. I'm going to try play around with primers to see if I can get this to oxidize less. As you can see in my pic, this gives such an airbrushed finish. I can't express how perfect this makes your skin! I can't see my blemishes unless I put my face right up close to a mirror. In normal distance, I can slighly see the tiny raised bumps. Looking in a mirror in the far distance, I look like a freakin' movie star lol. This is the reason why I give this a high rating.

UPDATE: Well, this sucks that I have to return this. I love this so much but it just oxidizes way too much. I tried other primers with this and it always oxidizes badly on me. It looks way too pink after only about an hour of wear time. I'm so upset.