It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Olive

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Mixed feelings on this foundation. I have extremely oily acne-prone skin. My skin is also very senstive. I started using this foundation about almost 3 years ago or so and I used it to cover the acne i had. I was told that this product was supposed to actually be good for my skin and won't make me break out. My acne got worse and worse and I have used prescription meds to help it too and it did for a year, but all my acne came back, and my skin is becoming horrible again. My conclusion is that it has to be this foundation. I am great about washing my face morning and night always and keeping it clean and this stuff just continually gives me new acne each day. It only takes a few mins to set and looks great after i finish with my clinque powder. It has great coverage for all my acne and TONS of dark scars. But I am on the lookout for a new foundation because all I am doing right now is using this foundation to cover up the acne that the product itself is giving me :(

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is such an odd product that I can't make up my mind how I feel about it. Some days I really quite like it and other days I hate it. I have it in 2 shades. Tan and Medium and I usually have to combine the 2 together to get the right shade. When you first put this on it looks like it's giving really good medium to full coverage but after it has had about 15-20 min to settle it sort changes to a light or light medium coverage. I don't really mind that as I prefer a lighter coverage but if you have used a full coverage concealer with it than the concealer will really become obvious as this cream slowly diminishes. Now even though it changes to a lighter coverage at no point does it feel light on the skin. It is very thick and you can definitely feel the product whenever you touch your face. I have full coverage foundations that feel 10 times lighter on the skin. It dries down if you put it directly on the skin with no other products underneath but I don't like the finish that gives me. If you put it over a primer then the finish is smoother but it stays tacky for a long time. There is also something very odd about the color. It goes on looking quite warm and luminous. The color doesn't change exactly but there is like some sort of grey undertone to it that leaves me looking dead and dull. Yet the finish is luminous. How is possible to look dead and luminous at the same time? LOL, I don't know, perhaps that dull undertone is caused by the sunscreen. Worst of all though is that it negatively impacts the condition of my skin. I wore this every day for 2 weeks and at that time I was trying to figure out what the heck was going on with my skin. It had become completely devoid of any moisture whatsoever. I started slathering hydration creams and masks on at nighttime trying to get some hydration back into my skin. At first I didn't make the connection between using the IT CC cream and my overly dry skin because I have pretty tough skin and rarely have any negative reactions to any cosmetics. When it did occur to me that perhaps this new skin problem might be related to the CC product, I immediately stopped using it and lo and behold within about a week my skin started to look better. Again I think this might be related to the high SPF. It is a physical sunscreen which has zinc as an ingredient which can be quite drying.

Now all that negativity aside I wouldn't say that this is a totally terrible product. It does give coverage and it can look nice but there is some trial and error to it. Use too much and it will look cakey and emphasis lines and wrinkles. Use to little and it won't look like it's doing anything at all. Use it on it's own and it might feel too dry and wear off too fast, use it over a moisturizer or a primer and it might never dry down and feel moist and tacky all day. It's also wears differently over different primers. So I feel like this can look really nice but you have to try wearing a variety of different ways with different products to find the best way to wear it. There are some days that I think it looks quite pretty and other days I wonder why I keep using it. Now I only use it maybe once or twice a week when I know I need some good SPF because it is far too drying for everyday use. I guess my skin is better suited to chemical sunscreens. Once it's gone I probably won't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

My review mimics another review below. I'm about N20 and "fair" was too dark. The pump dispenses too much product and it never seems to dry. This made me realize how much I like Wet N Wild Coverall.

Some of my favourite beauty bloggers had mentioned they swapped this for their every day foundation. This product is expensive to start with, however I was so excited since I had heard it was great coverage and had spf. Upon receiving this product I tried to hard to like it until I kept breaking out every time I used the product. It sadly sits unused now.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: medium dark
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge
SKIN TYPE: combination

PROS

- medium to full coverage
- easy to blend
- does not oxidize
- lightweight

CONS

- settles into fine lines
- too dewy/oily

COMMENTS: Very dewy foundation, which gets very oily and very quickly even when worn in cooler weather. It also immediately settles into fine lines and creased around my nose. It does provide good coverage, does not oxidize, and is very easy to blend. I prefer to add some loose translucent powder to help it stay on better, but it does nothing in terms of oil control. It does however, remain lightweight. The shade "medium tan" is too light for my complexion, but the next shade up is also too dark/pink. So, that's also an issue. It does have a blurring effect and while my skin did look nice, it also became greasy looking quite fast. The finish reminds me a lot of L'Oreal's Pro Glow, but with more coverage.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I mix in a little of their illuminating CC cream and some of the bronzing as well. A little goes a long way. It lasts all day long and makes me look younger. I love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I got this as a decent size sample (around 4 uses), so I cannot accurately rate the packaging, hence the middle of the road rating. What I can rate is the product and price. I received the shade medium, and oh boy was it orange. Light may have been a better match, but if you are golden/olive medium will probably not work for you. I still decided to try it out, since if it was good I could then try the light shade. Unfortunately I really disliked this product. It smelled strongly of citrus and did not fade. It's not a scent I really mind, but fragranced products on my face are usually an issue for me. I don't care for it and it can sometimes trigger migraines. The next issue was that it's not really good at covering. It was thick enough you could see me wearing something (plus, shade match issues contributed to this), but you could still see some faded acne marks I currently have from a recent breakout through the product. It streaked when I tried to rub in with fingers, and did the same with a brush (ironically, a mini IT brush I got as a freebie). If I used a brush in a stippling motion it seemed to blend ok. I think it would've been better with a primer, but in my mind this is a "one and done" product, not one that should be finicky. It also rubbed off easily on hands and clothing. It was moisturizing, but also heavy feeling. It also clung to dry patches somewhat. I only wore for about an hour before removing due to fragrance, it rubbing off, and not looking good. I'm not sure if this would clog pores or not, as I removed it fairly quickly both times I tried it.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I was expecting great things from this product because of the feedback from many beauty guru's saying it was amazing! So when I went to Australia, I got the chance to go to Mecca, and I purchased this for $58AUD... (Australian dollars) .. that definitely caught me off guard with that price; but it makes sense with the currency exchange from American dollars to Australian dollars. Anyway, I took a risk and bought it. A little background on my skin; I have quite sensitive skin, acne-prone and combination (although mainly dry). A couple months ago I went on the pill for my skin and period cramps, and obviously my skin has broken out like crazy because my body is still getting use to the pill, so Im getting bigger and more sore acne. I was looking for a more lightweight, but full coverage product that could hide my acne because I'm incredibly insecure, especially how my skin has reacted to the medication. My overall experience with this so far is that I DO NOT recommend this for anyone with medium-strong acne, probably the odd pimple here and there.

CONS:
- does not last long at all (longest for me was 2 hours.. even when I used a primer meant for keeping the longevity)
- breaks up around acne and clings so badly to dry patches and texture. no matter how I care for my dry skin (looks caked and terrible)
- doesn't set properly? I won't bake because of dry skin, and setting it with a powder, it still looks dewy?? ( I use rimmel stay matte because every other cakes)
- the smell is a bit to strong for me, although I understand its SPF+ so thats not to bad of a con

PROS:
- SPF50+ is amazing.. makes me feel more confident in wearing it out in the sun (although it gets really oily after a while)
- quite full coverage, just with the exception of my acne problem at the moment
- simple and easy packaging

Overall, in terms of my situation at the time I tried this product out, I can tell you its not great for acne; like I said, it breaks up around and on my acne, and in general.. ( on the packaging it recommends you keep applying it but like, who wants to keep applying their base over all the contour, powder etc.. ) this review may not be helpful at all, but I just wanted to share my experience. And when I said it cakes on dry patches, this product actually also feels somewhat moisturising! My first experience with this product was not to bad, but I think I definitely would come back to this product, once my skin has cleared and my medication has targeted my acne problem. Overall, a good on the go product and awesome coverage while being lightweight, but just not good enough for dry and/or acne-prone skin or texture as it highlights these things. The price also is A bit of a downside..

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I don't know why I didn't try this CC cream earlier from IT Cosmetics. It's everything I need in one. I got the color tan which surprisingly is an exact match to my NC 42 skintone. I'm somewhat neutral with slight olive undertones. I have normal to dry skin but mostly dry. On days that my skin is not dry and flaky, I can get away without moisturizer but I only do that if I'm in a rush or too lazy on that day. I've heard that it works best without a primer and so far so good for me. I have visible poors but this CC cream doesn't emphasize it. I feel like it makes some of them a little less visible on some areas. I've tried the pore professional by Benefit and it doesn't do anything for my pores. So for this CC cream to not emphasize it is a plus for me. This has lasted on my face for at least 8 hrs. I haven't worn it longer than that yet. It doesn't settle into my fine lines or ecentuate them. I don't find that I need to set this with any powder because I have dry skin so I don't want it to look too matte. For me, it's more of a satin finish not as dewy as I've seen on others. The coverage for me seems to be medium. I wouldn't say full coverage because I can still see my freckles peeping through. But then again I only apply one pump. One and a half max if I want more coverage. My melasma peeps through too. But this evens out my skin tone and evens out my complexion and still look like skin. I feel like it does the same thing as far as coverage goes as the UD All Nighter but the All Nighter looks thicker on me.
The only cons about this product is that it's not transfer proof. So it'll rub off if you keep on touching your face or blowing your nose like I did today. But then again, I don't set it with a powder.
Another con is that the pump on my tube stopped working after my second use. I tried to unscrew it to see what's wrong and wasn't able to. So I had to exchange it.
Also I wish there were more shades.
For me, I wish there were a shade between medium and tan. And of course more shades for the other ladies out there .
I will definitely be repurchasing this again if I run out. This beats my UD foundation and I love how it applies both with a sponge and brush. But with this I prefer to use it with my RT buffing brush,

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm so annoyed by this product because it is SO amazing but they don't make a color that matches me. I have very yellow/olive skin (NC30-35) and this color is too pink for me. I had to give it away to a friend.

This CC cream is the best I have used. It completely blurs any texture on your face and makes you look airbrushed while giving nearly full coverage! It gives your skin a very glowy look. I would not recommend for oily skin. This product is better for dry skin or combination with a powder.