It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Tan

3.7

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I had recently ran out of my staple CC cream by 'Juice Beauty' so I decided to give this a go. Bonus: it has a higher SPF - 50 as opposed to JB's 30 and it also has an ingredients list that reads like an encyclopedia of botanicals! Got it for $38 USD for 1.08 fl oz which per ml was significantly higher than JB.Unfortunately something in the mix, I'm guessing the citrus oils; gave me a rash on my nose and forehead after a week of applying every morning and I ended up giving this away. Disappointed to say the least as the coverage was perfect for me - not too heavy and cakey looking but light-medium. Oh well back to Juice Beauty it is...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is definitely one of my favorite cc creams! I love that it's good for your skin to, well as good as it can be:) Lasts a long time to.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was a great tinted moisturizer but be careful. Because it's SPF 50+ the shade range is a lot LIGHTER than what you are. It wasn't until I tried it when I got home (on a different day from testing in store) that it was not the same color as rest of my body but a lot lighter. However this has GREAT coverage and it's more like a foundation with tinted moisturizer benefits. I could have switched it to darker shades but that would have been annoying and I just didn't feel like dealing with it. However, it is a great product and has great benefits for your skin so don't use this review to stray. I highly recommend to buy this product in person and take a sample home to test in the sunlight next day to get your exact match. Maybe when I run out of the product I'm using then I will go back and try this in a darker shade to match. Also the packaging is great! Its a pump so you can control how much comes out as opposed to squirting out too much by accident.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Excellent coverage!!
Stays on!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I wanted to like this...I really really did. But it just did not work for me!
Firstly the shade range was super off for me. Medium was way too yellow and tan was too dark. I opted for medium since at the time I did not have much of a fake tan on. At first I tried this out as my actual foundation, did my normal routine and blended it with a BB. I was immediately mad. This is NOT full coverage. At. ALL. Light to medium, at best. This is definitely a CC cream in that it will not replace your foundation if you're a full coverage queen like me.

The worst part about this was that it looked and felt super oily and cakey on my skin. I have dry skin so I typically love serums and foundations with some sort of moisturizing effect. This however just looked horrible. It caked up on my skin, you could see every little pore and line, even with a smoothing primer and setting powder. It just did not work well for me.

How I typically use it these days is if I am literally wearing no makeup and just want my skin to look more even toned or when I know i'll be out in the sun for a while but not wearing any other makeup. I will say I've worn this to bed too with little transfer on the pillow. It's a nice concept but the result was not doing it for me.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love love LOVE this product. The price is a little much for me, but maybe not for you. The packaging is nice, as it comes in a tube with a pump rather than a cap you have to take off. That comes in handy. I love the name too :) On to the product itself: it comes out rather creamy, which is good for me. I have lots of acne scars that I need to cover up, rather than acne itself, as that would make it worse. I have a few on my cheekbones and I find that when I use it there, I don't even need a highlighter! It gives you a beautiful glow. It really is hydrating, although I've had to surrender some of that when I put powder on top of it. I have dry skin so that was a plus. Not only that, but the smell is amazing. Not something you wouldn't smell elsewhere, but a plus for a foundation that already does so much. However, I am soooo sad that it only comes in a few shades :( Overall though, I really like the product.

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This product gave good coverage, but within 2 hours I was a grease ball. I didn't like that at all. Some may call it dewy, but no.... It was greasy face for sure. I tried mixing it with double wear and it was a little better but overall just not what I look for in a foundation type product. Would probably be great for super dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

1. Scent : 5/5
Although this product might have fragrance in it, I'd say its not too strong. It has a light citrus scent that is really soothing, totally love it. Doesn't irritate my skin what so ever.

2. Application : 5/5
Many people would use a sponge or foundation brush to apply, but I find it more easier and time-saving to just go ahead and use fingers to blend the color in.

3. Price : 4/5
To be fair, it is quite costly in where I am living, because VAX and taxes have been added to the initial price. However, this product lasts a very very long time. Since my skin barely has any pimple (the perks of being an Asian), I'd say I use less than a quarter of a teaspoon every time.

4. Coverage : 3/5
As mentioned earlier, I have quite a spotless skin. However, sometimes I do have some spots across my forehead, and to be fair, this product doesn't really cover it. I know that the purpose of this product is not to be used to cover pimples and all. If I were to refer this to something, I'd say it'd make my pimple looks like a sprinkle with cake frosting smear over the top.

5. Color : 5/5
Luckily, I am a tanned Asian and the color 'Light' just does the job. However, I'd say the color choices are really really limited. If I remember correctly, they only have 6 different colors with the same undertone!

6. Moisturizing and hydrating power : 5/5
Surprisingly, this product soothes my skin! Furthermore, it has SPF 50+ which is more than enough. Overall, I am really impressed with this product.

Pros
+ Scent
+ Hydrating power
+ Soothes skin
+ Doesn't harm my sensitive skin
+ Blends in well
+ Easy application

Cons
- Limited color choices

HOWEVER, USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND DETERMINATION, BECAUSE THE RESULT WILL VARY!!

Have a nice day guys, I hope my review is useful to ya!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

There are so many good things about this CC cream, which is why I rated it 4 lippies. However, there are a few things that made me return it and not want to purchase it again.

PROS:
- Great coverage for a CC cream...I found this CC cream to have medium+ coverage that could be built up to full
- High SPF...Of course you have to use a good amount of this to get the full effect of the SPF though
- Primer, moisturizer, foundation in one...I am lazy and like a good all-in-one product
- Didn't break me out
- Gives a nice, airbrushed finish

CONS:
- Heavily fragranced...I have sensitive skin and do not like my skincare/makeup products to have overpowering scents. While the smell of this product wasn't too unpleasant, it was very strong and lingered for a while after putting it on. The scent was kind of like lemon cake, bordering close to lemon pine sol even.
- Waaaaayy too many ingredients...I am always highly suspect when I see such a long list of ingredients. I wasn't bothered by the fact that one of the first ingredients was snail secretion. But the fact that there was just SO MANY ingredients for such a product was overwhelming.
- Makes it look too much like I'm wearing makeup...This is probably a "pro" for most people, but for me I didn't like how it gave me too perfect of a face to the point where it didn't look completely natural. I like my skin to still show through.

I think this product would be perfect for a lot of people, but for something like me who prefers a bit lighter coverage and not-so-heavy fragrance it didn't work out. Also, I like applying makeup with my hands (because I'm lazy), and I found that this didn't look best when applied with hands but rather with a buffing brush.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Great skin product for my sun damaged mature skin!!