It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Tan

3.7

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Very nice. One pump is enough for my face and a little down the middle of my neck. It starts off neutral, almost grey and then changes to skin tone.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Excellent coverage!!
Stays on!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I wanted to like this...I really really did. But it just did not work for me!
Firstly the shade range was super off for me. Medium was way too yellow and tan was too dark. I opted for medium since at the time I did not have much of a fake tan on. At first I tried this out as my actual foundation, did my normal routine and blended it with a BB. I was immediately mad. This is NOT full coverage. At. ALL. Light to medium, at best. This is definitely a CC cream in that it will not replace your foundation if you're a full coverage queen like me.

The worst part about this was that it looked and felt super oily and cakey on my skin. I have dry skin so I typically love serums and foundations with some sort of moisturizing effect. This however just looked horrible. It caked up on my skin, you could see every little pore and line, even with a smoothing primer and setting powder. It just did not work well for me.

How I typically use it these days is if I am literally wearing no makeup and just want my skin to look more even toned or when I know i'll be out in the sun for a while but not wearing any other makeup. I will say I've worn this to bed too with little transfer on the pillow. It's a nice concept but the result was not doing it for me.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love love LOVE this product. The price is a little much for me, but maybe not for you. The packaging is nice, as it comes in a tube with a pump rather than a cap you have to take off. That comes in handy. I love the name too :) On to the product itself: it comes out rather creamy, which is good for me. I have lots of acne scars that I need to cover up, rather than acne itself, as that would make it worse. I have a few on my cheekbones and I find that when I use it there, I don't even need a highlighter! It gives you a beautiful glow. It really is hydrating, although I've had to surrender some of that when I put powder on top of it. I have dry skin so that was a plus. Not only that, but the smell is amazing. Not something you wouldn't smell elsewhere, but a plus for a foundation that already does so much. However, I am soooo sad that it only comes in a few shades :( Overall though, I really like the product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This product gave good coverage, but within 2 hours I was a grease ball. I didn't like that at all. Some may call it dewy, but no.... It was greasy face for sure. I tried mixing it with double wear and it was a little better but overall just not what I look for in a foundation type product. Would probably be great for super dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

1. Scent : 5/5
Although this product might have fragrance in it, I'd say its not too strong. It has a light citrus scent that is really soothing, totally love it. Doesn't irritate my skin what so ever.

2. Application : 5/5
Many people would use a sponge or foundation brush to apply, but I find it more easier and time-saving to just go ahead and use fingers to blend the color in.

3. Price : 4/5
To be fair, it is quite costly in where I am living, because VAX and taxes have been added to the initial price. However, this product lasts a very very long time. Since my skin barely has any pimple (the perks of being an Asian), I'd say I use less than a quarter of a teaspoon every time.

4. Coverage : 3/5
As mentioned earlier, I have quite a spotless skin. However, sometimes I do have some spots across my forehead, and to be fair, this product doesn't really cover it. I know that the purpose of this product is not to be used to cover pimples and all. If I were to refer this to something, I'd say it'd make my pimple looks like a sprinkle with cake frosting smear over the top.

5. Color : 5/5
Luckily, I am a tanned Asian and the color 'Light' just does the job. However, I'd say the color choices are really really limited. If I remember correctly, they only have 6 different colors with the same undertone!

6. Moisturizing and hydrating power : 5/5
Surprisingly, this product soothes my skin! Furthermore, it has SPF 50+ which is more than enough. Overall, I am really impressed with this product.

Pros
+ Scent
+ Hydrating power
+ Soothes skin
+ Doesn't harm my sensitive skin
+ Blends in well
+ Easy application

Cons
- Limited color choices

HOWEVER, USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND DETERMINATION, BECAUSE THE RESULT WILL VARY!!

Have a nice day guys, I hope my review is useful to ya!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

There are so many good things about this CC cream, which is why I rated it 4 lippies. However, there are a few things that made me return it and not want to purchase it again.

PROS:
- Great coverage for a CC cream...I found this CC cream to have medium+ coverage that could be built up to full
- High SPF...Of course you have to use a good amount of this to get the full effect of the SPF though
- Primer, moisturizer, foundation in one...I am lazy and like a good all-in-one product
- Didn't break me out
- Gives a nice, airbrushed finish

CONS:
- Heavily fragranced...I have sensitive skin and do not like my skincare/makeup products to have overpowering scents. While the smell of this product wasn't too unpleasant, it was very strong and lingered for a while after putting it on. The scent was kind of like lemon cake, bordering close to lemon pine sol even.
- Waaaaayy too many ingredients...I am always highly suspect when I see such a long list of ingredients. I wasn't bothered by the fact that one of the first ingredients was snail secretion. But the fact that there was just SO MANY ingredients for such a product was overwhelming.
- Makes it look too much like I'm wearing makeup...This is probably a "pro" for most people, but for me I didn't like how it gave me too perfect of a face to the point where it didn't look completely natural. I like my skin to still show through.

I think this product would be perfect for a lot of people, but for something like me who prefers a bit lighter coverage and not-so-heavy fragrance it didn't work out. Also, I like applying makeup with my hands (because I'm lazy), and I found that this didn't look best when applied with hands but rather with a buffing brush.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Great skin product for my sun damaged mature skin!!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

I recently purchased the CC+ Illumination in medium looking for a higher end, light, fresh coverage for spring/summer and I remember seeing some great reviews for it. I have very oily skin but I'm not a fan of the thick/matte look that most products leave me with. This product went on great with amazing coverage for a CC cream! There's a bit of a fragrance to it but it's not terrible. It definitely blended in and covered my flaws very well and with some setting powder and occasional blots, it left me with a beautiful glow-y and healthy looking without looking like I smeared lard all over my face. HOWEVER, the only thing that broke the deal was that my skin has a very yellow undertone and their shades are quite cool toned so needless to say, although I thought the product was amazing, my this product and my face will no longer be working together. Dry to normal skin with cool undertones: have at it and enjoy! Warm undertone people: best of luck looking for another product!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I bought this in "medium" since I am between NW25/30 in MAC foundation. It was way to light and made my face look much lighter than my neck and body. The next shade up was Tan. It was too orangey and dark. If I could mix the two together than maybe that would work but I returned Medium and didn't feel like it was worth the price. You don't need a ton of the product which is good because to me the tube seemed pretty small for the price. Still hunting for a nice CC or BB cream that I can use on an every day basis for "no makeup" days to even out skintone and cover a few blemishes.

Wouldn't repurchase or recommend... but if you are fairer or darker skin, these shades may work for you.