It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Green

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've had this for over a month and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I have a serious love/hate relationship with it, because it's one of the most frustrating face products I've ever used, and I don't know if that's because of my skin or the product.

There are 7 shades, which is actually not too bad for a BB or CC cream from what I've seen, but it's still not great. I have the lightest shade ("Fair," I believe) and it's definitely still too dark. But, I'll give them credit for it not being super orange or pink. I mix in a couple drops of white foundation, top with a powder that's pretty close to my skin color, and make it work. But the darkest shade isn't very dark, and the lightest shade isn't very light. I feel like at this point, companies should be making a wider range of shades for face products, including BB and CC creams.

The coverage for this stuff is ok. It's not full coverage, but it's way better than any other BB or CC cream I've tried. I don't have much to cover as far as active acne at this point (I get some hormonal spots a couple times a month), but I do have a lot of purple-ish marks left over from years of dealing with skin issues. This doesn't completely cover them, but it seriously minimizes the color of them so they just barely show through. Same with active spots. In the past, even with medium/full coverage foundations (I never wore truly "full coverage" foundations because they were always too heavy on my skin), I had to add concealer on top to cover the redness. This usually does a great job of toning that down enough so that I don't bother. I also rarely use under eye concealer, unless the dark circles are super bad on a particular day.

The smell irritates me, but doesn't actually irritate my skin, so I'm not knocking off any lippies for that. I haven't pulled up the ingredients list to figure out what the smell is, but it's kind of herbal, sort of like a tea maybe. It almost reminds me of mint, but not quite. Whatever it is, I'm glad it hasn't irritated my skin, but I wonder why it's in there.

I like the SPF in this. That's the main reason I got it, because I could not find a facial sunscreen/sunblock that I could actually use. This stuff is the least bothersome I've found, and goes on much smoother than anything else I've tried.

What I'm struggling with is getting it to look good. I find that it really clings to dry patches and makes them look way worse. I've put this on and found dry spots I didn't know were there because they were invisible before. It also tends to look weird all over, almost like it's breaking down immediately after applying it. But what's weird is that it doesn't do this every time I use it. About 30-40% of the time, it looks amazing.

I've tried using it over a light moisturizer, over a moisturizing spray (this seems to yield the best results), over a moisturizing primer, over a matte primer and light moisturizer, entirely by itself, under pressed powder, under loose powder, no powder but matte setting spray, no powder but other setting spray, powder and a setting spray, and probably a few other combinations I'm forgetting. I've also tried this by itself on days I won't be leaving the house, without mixing in the white, and I got the same results so I know it isn't my white mixer.

I've also used my fingers, a brush, a sponge, and every combination of those together. I think I get the best results from applying it with my fingers and smoothing it all over until it's rubbed in, then buffing with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Iv'e tried a couple other brushes, but this one seems to work best in smoothing everything out and giving it the best finish.

I set this with powder and a spray because even on my dry skin it can look a little greasy (it might look better in the winter), probably because of the sunblock. That's also so I can add blush or whatever on top, so I would probably still set parts of my face with powder in the winter. The spray just seems to help lock everything in place.

I'm a little confused about the packaging choice, but I don't hate it. It did take about 45 pumps before any product came out, though. I have a feeling that when this is "empty" I'm going to have to cut it open and squeeze out whatever is left into a jar or something, though. I could be wrong about that. I've never had a pump/tube combo product before, but I feel like there's going to be product lodged somewhere in there that the pump can't quite get out.

I think the claim about it minimizing the appearance or pores and lines is not true. I have a small line between my eyebrows and this stuff settles into it and makes it look way worse than it is. The same thing happens to lines across my forehead, and one near my mouth. My pores definitely don't look much/any better under this stuff, either.

This is a product I really wanted to love, but it didn't live up to the hype for me. I might repurchase it, but I'm not sure yet. If it gets to a point where I know exactly how to make it look good every time I apply it, I'll probably stick with it. If I keep having mixed results, I'll probably move on when it's empty and try something else.

Basically, after using it for 6-8 weeks on and off, I just think it's "ok," but not the miracle product some people think it is. If it works that way for you, that's fantastic. Unfortunately, it didn't wow me.

Pros:
-Sunblock
-Doesn't irritate my skin
-Hasn't caused breakouts
-Medium-ish? coverage
-Doesn't feel heavy on my skin
-Slightly better shade range than other BB/CC creams
-Doesn't fully cover acne/scars, but minimizes redness
-Lasts pretty well throughout the day without breaking down or oxidizing

Cons:
-Kinda pricey
-Can be a hassle to get it to look good on my skin
-What is that smell?
-Weird packaging (this might not be a con; we'll see)
-Coverage isn't as good as expected
-Settles into lines
-Can cling to dry patches

Ok so I LOVE this foundation. Its worth the money as it stays put all day long,looks like skin but still covers imperfections.
I use one pump for my whole face. Its sold as full coverage which I'm not sure you would get but its definitely medium coverage.
The packing is brill as it's a tube with a pump. Its save to travel with and chuck in your bag. No worries about glass packaging breaking. Also at the end you can cut open the tube and get every last drop out.
I like a more dewy finish and this is on the matte side but with sunscreen on top or oil mixed in makes it dewy. ( I know they do a dewy version now but I had already brought this one)
its so worth trying as it is a beautiful foundation.
I wanted something that looked natural but lasted all day long no matter what and this foundation ticked all the boxes.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Good coverage and hydration for my 50 year old dry skin. Would recommend to anyone who no longer likes the feel or look of foundation on their skin but wants more coverage than a tinted moisturiser.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I loved the sample, but the full size isn't working for me. I don't know if it's a different formula or what. It's not terrible, and I'm hoping with summer coming I may learn to love it again. The coverage is okay, but I just am not liking the texture, and the smell is just overpowering. It wasn't as noticeable in the sample.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have dry skin, I like about medium coverage and something quick because I am a student and dont have time for fussing in the morning. This applies well with all methods. I will use my fingers, a beauty sponge, and sometimes a brush, and will all methods I get the same result. It goes on smoothly, and leaves my skin looking smooth and fresh. It has a dewy finish and I usually set it with a light powder. The dew still shines through after i powder, which I enjoy. It does not enhance my dryness, although it does cling slightly, however everything does on me. Out of all of my foundations, this is my favorite. I work at sephora part time and I get to try a lot of foundations, and this is what I always gravitate to. It lasts thoughout the day, and still makes my skin look like skin. The only thing I wish they would change is the shade range. light is a bit dark, fair is too light and they dont have more than like 8 shades I think. But, overall it is a wonderful base. I will continue using it, and repurchase.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I don't understand the hype around this product. I have tried to make this work because I love the fact that it has spf 50. No matter how I apply it, it doesn't cover well and I become a grease pit w/in a few hours. It just looks awful on my skin - blotchy and uneven. I have had little luck with this brand, even though it seems to have a cult following.

I liked the coverage and color of this. It did a good job of disguising my redness and making my face look brighter and healthier. Sadly, like many others, it made me breakout after only 2 uses. I have sensitive skin, so I thought it was just me. But I read many reviews online at Sephora and it seems pretty unanimous that something in this makes a whole lot of people breakout. And badly. I don't have a problem with pimples other than 1 or 2 very small blemishes sometimes that usually go away within a couple of days. But this gave me big red deep pimple on my face.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

UGH wanted to like this and even tried it several different times and different ways. Love that it is light weight and the SPF is a must with my 40+ skin. I hate heavy foundations so I gave this ago. Unfortunately this broke me out and made me oily in my t-zone. Several small little white heads popped up within a day of wearing. It feels greasy on my skin and doesn't soak in. I tried applying with a brush, sponge and my fingers with no luck. I am still searching for the perfect BB/CC :(

I love this product. It gives me lots of coverage but looks natural. It smells good to me too, like citrus. My skin feels better and softer when I use this a lot. I have super sensitive, acne prone, combination skin. I like that I can use this without any breakouts.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is good and looks more natural than my regular foundation with all the same coverage. It does make me look more oily at the end of the day and I don't have oily skin. I usually have to use extra powder on my t-zone to help tame the shininess. It blends easily and does a decent job at camouflaging breakouts without using concealer. I also like how much it covers redness which is the problem child for me. It neither hides nor accentuates my pores so I guess that's a plus. It doesn't dry me out or cause breakouts. I don't mind the smell. It's kind of like a minty medical fragrance, but it fades quickly. However, I don't like the color selection. I find it runs dark so go a shade lighter. I've been having to mix in some white with the CC to match my skin. Overall, I like it and it seems to feel and look lighter than my current foundation so I'll keep using it.