IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Green

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love the idea of this cc cream. The ingredients look great. I've wanted a beautiful, smooth, tinted spf for a very long time. This isn't it for me.
My skin is typically clear and even toned. I don't wear foundation except to special events. This morning it was clear and plump looking without blemishes. But everyone thinks their skin could look better.
When I put this on I massaged it in like a lotion over a light moisturizer and eye cream. It went on even and smooth but sheer. It stung for a moment and my skin developed red splotches. It pooled into sebaceous filaments, leaving tiny white dots on my nose, forehead, and chin. After a couple minutes my skin tightened painfully, the skin around my nose, eyes, and chin cracked and flaked. I shrugged it off, thinking maybe it was my skin adjusting to concentrated skincare ingredients, concealed, powdered, and went about my day.
In indirect light my skin looks shiny, in bright light it looks red and dry.
It's the evening now and my skin and cheeks have broken out. The coverage is sheer and shiny. My face hurts and I can't wait to get this off.
The color Fair is an excellent match for me but I'm not that pale. I'm neutral/pink medium in cover fx, Nars Mont Blanc, Nars Vanilla, 1C in Estee Lauder, and when I wear fake tan my skin is 1.5N in Dior. People with very pale skin and dark skin aren't included in the color range.

This was disappointing. I don't recommend it for sensitive skin. I guess I'm buying Ilia sheer vivid for the 4th year in a row (more matte and sheer than I like, doesn't play well with creams, but it works).

I tried Bare Republic tinted spf last week, honestly it was better than this even though that one made eczema flare up around my eyes and nose. At least the finish was nice.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

@&(/?!( this foundation is good.

Im fair-skinned with yellow undertones, currently on Accutane so my skin is beyond dry and irritated.

Coverage is amazing, medium but very buildable in my opinion, but the feeling is light weight and very moisturizing. Definitely not for an oily skin, but great for normal to dry. It’s not moisturizing enough on its own for my desert skin, but gives it a nice glow for an hour or so. Doesn’t irritate one bit and stays put all day (keep in mind I’m extremely dry however so I think that prolongs the wear since my skin basically clings onto it in a good way). Accentuates my dryness a little bit but nothing out of the ordinary.

I wear the lightest shade, and it's one shade too dark for me, but I use the nyx foundation mixer, so it's not a huge problem.

I wear the glossier cloud paints with this foundation, and I do need to let it "sink in" to my skin for a while before applying the cloud paints, otherwise the foudnation will be removed when I tap my fingers against my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I finally tried this stuff after hearing so much about it. It passes the first, most important test of not breaking me out (I have middle-aged skin that still gets zits). A little goes a long way which makes it quite economical. I love the fact that it has 50 SPF built in. The coverage is good and the finish is good as well but not mind-blowing which is why I give it 4 and not 5 lippies. Even though it says it includes primer properties, I would probably get a better finish by using a primer (which I usually don't do because I'm in such a rush in the morning). I used the Bye Bye Pores pressed powder on top and it gives a perfectly good finish that lasts well throughout the day.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was so excited to finally buy this CC cream after hearing soooo many great reviews online. I have used it for four days in a row now, trying different application methods, with and without a primer, etc. Nothing makes it look amazing on my skin (what I was naively expecting).

I have combination skin, leaning towards being normal on most days. Normally, with most foundations, I have to use a setting powder on my T-zone, but I don't need any touch-ups throughout a day most of the time. My face rarely ever looks greasy at the end of the day, just slightly dewy around my nose and forehead, nothing major (which I am alright with, I'm not obsessed with matt skin). With this CC cream, however, I look VERY DEWY after just a few hours of wearing it. And! That's after setting my entire face with powder after applying it in the morning, not just the T-zone (it's looks too greasy on me if I don't powder).

It has a consistency of a lightweight cream, applies easily, blends nicely (tried both with a brush and a sponge, gives more or less the same results). The coverage on me is light medium; medium at best. It does not cover pigmentation and acne scaring on the sides of my cheeks. But I can look past it, I just spot-conceal before setting it with powder. It looks decent (not amazing) on my face for the first 2-4 hours and then becomes a bit too dewy for my liking, wears off my nose, creases (in short, does everything what a very dewy foundation would do at the end of a long day).

To sum up: so far, the thing I like most about this CC cream is SPF 50. However, I wish I bough the oil-free/matte version of this product. Would only recommend this one for someone with very dry/dry skin. Not even for medium/normal one, in my opinion.

I was a little disappointed when I got this - while it's excellent coverage, it really only looks nice for a couple of hours before getting patchy. It's too moisturising for my combination skin as well. Overall, I far prefer the Missha BB cream which is a little less high coverage but lasts a lot better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Wanted to like this. It feels good to put on, has a good amount of spf, and smells kinda nice. Unfortunately, once it goes on my face it just washed me out completely. I look like a zombie in this stuff. Also, it feels on the greasy side and broke me out. Acne prone folks, try a sample before parting with your $50.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I was motivated to try this by the lack of tocopherols, a very common cosmetic and skin care ingredient that causes an allergic reaction for me. My doubt was so strong that I purchased a used tube on the reddit MUE forum rather than shell out full price for a new one. I have since repurchased in the Light shade, and I'm surprised how often I reach for it. No apparent issues with the annoying citrus oils ( WHY?!). I don't apply foundation of any kind to my entire face, but rather pat it into my areas of redness and discoloration, on top of a moisturizer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

**6 MONTH UPDATE: I probably will repurchase this, because of the SPF and neutral undertone. I didn't realize how much it had grown on me until I tried foundations again. Now, I'm hoarding the last tiny bit until I can buy a replacement. Added a lippie.**

I've had this for over a month and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I have a serious love/hate relationship with it, because it's one of the most frustrating face products I've ever used, and I don't know if that's because of my skin or the product.

There are 7 shades, which is actually not too bad for a BB or CC cream from what I've seen, but it's still not great. I have the lightest shade ("Fair," I believe) and it's definitely still too dark. But, I'll give them credit for it not being super orange or pink. (**EDIT: When I first bought this, like 6 months ago, I didn't realize how fantastic the undertone is. It's probably the most neutral toned product I've ever owned.) I mix in a couple drops of white foundation and make it work. But the darkest shade isn't very dark, and the lightest shade isn't very light. I feel like at this point, companies should be making a wider range of shades for face products, including BB and CC creams.

The coverage for this stuff is ok. It's not full coverage, but it's way better than any other BB or CC cream I've tried. I don't have much to cover as far as active acne at this point (I get some hormonal spots a couple times a month), but I do have a lot of purple-ish marks left over from years of dealing with skin issues. This doesn't completely cover them, but it seriously minimizes the color of them so they just barely show through. Same with active spots. In the past, even with medium/full coverage foundations (I never wore truly "full coverage" foundations because they were always too heavy on my skin), I had to add concealer on top to cover the redness. This usually does a great job of toning that down enough so that I don't bother. I also rarely use under eye concealer, unless the dark circles are super bad on a particular day.

The smell irritates me, but doesn't actually irritate my skin, so I'm not knocking off any lippies for that. I haven't pulled up the ingredients list to figure out what the smell is, but it's kind of herbal, sort of like a tea maybe. It almost reminds me of mint, but not quite. Whatever it is, I'm glad it hasn't irritated my skin, but I wonder why it's in there.

I like the SPF in this. That's the main reason I got it, because I could not find a facial sunscreen/sunblock that I could actually use. This stuff is the least bothersome I've found, and goes on much smoother than anything else I've tried.

What I'm struggling with is getting it to look good. I find that it really clings to dry patches and makes them look way worse. I've put this on and found dry spots I didn't know were there because they were invisible before. It also tends to look weird all over, almost like it's breaking down immediately after applying it. But what's weird is that it doesn't do this every time I use it. About 30-40% of the time, it looks amazing.

I've tried using it over a light moisturizer, over a moisturizing spray (this seems to yield the best results), over a moisturizing primer, over a matte primer and light moisturizer, entirely by itself, under pressed powder, under loose powder, no powder but matte setting spray, no powder but other setting spray, powder and a setting spray, and probably a few other combinations I'm forgetting. I've also tried this by itself on days I won't be leaving the house, without mixing in the white, and I got the same results so I know it isn't my white mixer.

I've also used my fingers, a brush, a sponge, and every combination of those together. I think I get the best results from applying it with my fingers and smoothing it all over until it's rubbed in, then buffing with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Iv'e tried a couple other brushes, but this one seems to work best in smoothing everything out and giving it the best finish.

I set this with powder and a spray because even on my dry skin it can look a little greasy (it might look better in the winter), probably because of the sunblock. (EDIT: In the winter, I only powder around my nose and cheeks, and it does look better.) That's also so I can add blush or whatever on top, so I would probably still set parts of my face with powder in the winter. The spray just seems to help lock everything in place.

I'm a little confused about the packaging choice, but I don't hate it. It did take about 45 pumps before any product came out, though

I think the claim about it minimizing the appearance or pores and lines is not true. I have a small line between my eyebrows and this stuff settles into it and makes it look way worse than it is. The same thing happens to lines across my forehead, and one near my mouth. My pores definitely don't look much/any better under this stuff, either.

This is a product I really wanted to love, but it didn't live up to the hype for me. I might repurchase it, but I'm not sure yet. If it gets to a point where I know exactly how to make it look good every time I apply it, I'll probably stick with it. If I keep having mixed results, I'll probably move on when it's empty and try something else.

Basically, I just think it's "ok," but not the miracle product some people think it is.

Pros:
-Sunblock
-Doesn't irritate my skin
-Hasn't caused breakouts
-Medium-ish? coverage
-Doesn't feel heavy on my skin
-Slightly better shade range than other BB/CC creams
-Doesn't fully cover acne/scars, but minimizes redness
-Lasts pretty well throughout the day without breaking down or oxidizing

Cons:
-Kinda pricey
-Can be a hassle to get it to look good on my skin
-What is that smell?
-Weird packaging (this might not be a con; we'll see)
-Coverage isn't as good as expected
-Settles into lines
-Can cling to dry patches

Ok so I LOVE this foundation. Its worth the money as it stays put all day long,looks like skin but still covers imperfections.
I use one pump for my whole face. Its sold as full coverage which I'm not sure you would get but its definitely medium coverage.
The packing is brill as it's a tube with a pump. Its save to travel with and chuck in your bag. No worries about glass packaging breaking. Also at the end you can cut open the tube and get every last drop out.
I like a more dewy finish and this is on the matte side but with sunscreen on top or oil mixed in makes it dewy. ( I know they do a dewy version now but I had already brought this one)
its so worth trying as it is a beautiful foundation.
I wanted something that looked natural but lasted all day long no matter what and this foundation ticked all the boxes.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Good coverage and hydration for my 50 year old dry skin. Would recommend to anyone who no longer likes the feel or look of foundation on their skin but wants more coverage than a tinted moisturiser.