It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by hair type : Curly

3.5

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Finally a CC cream with good coverage and good SPF. I use this in the summer instead of my Estee Lauder Doublewear light. Applies easily with fingers, and I don't have to bother with a beautyblender as it applies nicely. Good to take on vacation when you don't want a fussy foundation. Buildable, medium to full coverage. Dewy look, needs setting in my T-zone with translucent powder to avoid settling into lines. I don't use it around my eyes though - I stick to my eye concealer for that. It tends to lift a little on my chin and nose by partway through the day, so I find a little pat with powder or a powder foundation in those areas helps it stay all day. I just pat my chin and nose with my MAC powder foundation and it works great. Because it is medium to full coverage, I do follow up with a full face of eye makeup, bronzer or blush and a lip product to give me definition.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I only use it for "heavier" make up nights. It works incredibly well. I use such a small amount. No creeping, no edging, just a very good product. Not drying. No rash (sensitive skin).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Good coverage and hydration for my 50 year old dry skin. Would recommend to anyone who no longer likes the feel or look of foundation on their skin but wants more coverage than a tinted moisturiser.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After seeing this product in the shopping Channel many times I finally caved and bought it! And I love it! I have combo / sensitive/ acne prone/ large pore skin. This product isn’t full coverage but evened out my skin beautifully , didn’t break me out, made my pores less visible and gave it a bit of a glow. It’s Perfect for daytime use. The SPF50 is great too and on a recent trip to Mexico this worked perfectly. This has since replaced my HG Nars tinted moisturizer which gave a similar result ( maybe a bit less Dewy) but had no SPF in it (Canada) . This now my go to everyday product when I need some coverage and SPF. It also had a very light citrus fragrance which is nice.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I don't understand the hype around this product. I have tried to make this work because I love the fact that it has spf 50. No matter how I apply it, it doesn't cover well and I become a grease pit w/in a few hours. It just looks awful on my skin - blotchy and uneven. I have had little luck with this brand, even though it seems to have a cult following.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is one of my all-time favorite face products. Initially I preferred the illumination formula (which I still like), but now I prefer this, at least for day-to-day life. I love that the packaging has a pump, yet is a tube so it's not breakable and you can get all the product out. The coverage is medium and natural, and this is one of the only significant SPFs that I can tolerate, both in terms of my skin liking it and the scent not bugging me. I don't love the fragrance (though it is not a traditional sunscreen odor), but it fades quickly, so it's not an issue. The color range is crap - I usually have to mix two shades to make it work for me, and if you're even moderately deeply complected, you might be out of luck, but I like the formula so much I'm willing to make it work.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Really glad I only got a sample of this. It has medium coverage and a light citrus scent. I can't wear this on its own because the shade fair is too dark. I have been mixing this into my usual Josie Maran Vibrancy foundation to lighten it. It looks good at first, but as the day wears on my skin begins to look dry and a teeny bit cakey. Even when I wore it alone my skin looked more matte than I liked, so I know it is the cc cream. It's not a bad product. I just don't think it's right for me. I might save my sample and try it again in the spring/summer or get a sample of the illumination version. I think this product would be better for normal, combo, and even oily skin. Worth picking up a sample and trying.

Update: I recently switched up my skincare routine and thought I’d give this another try. It looked better! It didn’t look heavy. However, by the end of the day i looked a bit dry. I’m tempted to try the illumination version, but It Cosmetics has a terrible shade selection. I know it will not match me. The lightest shade is 2 shades too dark. I’m not willing to spend $40 on a foundation that cannot be worn alone. The founder went viral within the last year talking about how cosmetic companies need to be more inclusive. I am patiently waiting for It Cosmetics to put their money where their mouth is. Even their latest launch was pretty dismal. 6-12 shades is no longer acceptable. I will look to other brands in meantime.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Its good for BB and people who need few coverage. Not that last long tho.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This product gave good coverage, but within 2 hours I was a grease ball. I didn't like that at all. Some may call it dewy, but no.... It was greasy face for sure. I tried mixing it with double wear and it was a little better but overall just not what I look for in a foundation type product. Would probably be great for super dry skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I purchased this CC cream in the shade fair, which was an excellent match for my NW15 skin. It is a full coverage CC cream that covered my redness from rosacea very well. My trouble was that even applying it with a dampened Beauty Blender and trying it with and without setting powder, it settled into every fine line and wrinkle I have. I had to return it.