It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.7

I'm reviewing the "light" shade in this product. This product is not for the ladies who enjoy full coverage makeup, have VERY LARGE PORES or have oily skin. However, it is excellent for busy moms, women and men who want to look a little more "put together" on an "off" day. Below are the pros and cons from one week of experience with this:

PROS:
-Color Correction: This immediately corrected all the redness on my face-- to the point where I didn't feel I needed to use additional concealer in my normal areas (around the nose thanks to my seasonal allergies)
-Smooth and quick application: Dotted a few spots on my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin and patted it quickly across my skin and BAM! Done in a few seconds without wasting product using sponges or brushes
-Coverage: surprising medium coverage from this-- while this did not completely hide my VERY LARGE PORES, it did enough
-Lightness: Perfect for people who have decent skin who wants the lightest coverage that just makes their skin look hydrated, well-rested and even

CONS:
-Fades in a few hours-- which is fine because reapplication isn't hard-- it doesn't streak and there's no pilling-- this thing spreads like BUTTER
- I'm NC10-15/Nars GOBI/ELDW 1N1 and found the shade "light" many, many shades too dark and ORANGE for my very neutral skintone (so be sure to get a sample before purchasing)-- my skin looked like Honey's (from Fresh Off the Boat)
-While this does have SPF 50 and I see that the first two ingredients are TITANIUM DIOXIDE 9.0% ZINC OXIDE 6.3%, in order for this to be effective as a suncreen for the face, about a little more than half a teaspoon of this stuff needs to be applied to the face, but in my experience, you just need half a pea sized amount of this on the face-- so be sure to apply sunscreen under this!

All in all, this product is not bad, but I've been using Korean BB Cream since about 15 years ago and have had better formula (cleaner and more effective) for less cost. I personally prefer Innisfree Eco Natural BB Cream over this and I got that for $10... so if this product is HG for someone, perfect-- for me, I still prefer my Korean BB and CC creams.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I loved the sample, but the full size isn't working for me. I don't know if it's a different formula or what. It's not terrible, and I'm hoping with summer coming I may learn to love it again. The coverage is okay, but I just am not liking the texture, and the smell is just overpowering. It wasn't as noticeable in the sample.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have dry skin, I like about medium coverage and something quick because I am a student and dont have time for fussing in the morning. This applies well with all methods. I will use my fingers, a beauty sponge, and sometimes a brush, and will all methods I get the same result. It goes on smoothly, and leaves my skin looking smooth and fresh. It has a dewy finish and I usually set it with a light powder. The dew still shines through after i powder, which I enjoy. It does not enhance my dryness, although it does cling slightly, however everything does on me. Out of all of my foundations, this is my favorite. I work at sephora part time and I get to try a lot of foundations, and this is what I always gravitate to. It lasts thoughout the day, and still makes my skin look like skin. The only thing I wish they would change is the shade range. light is a bit dark, fair is too light and they dont have more than like 8 shades I think. But, overall it is a wonderful base. I will continue using it, and repurchase.

I purchased a travel size of this CC at Ulta for $15. I am NC25 and found the "Light" color to dark for me, I also applied 1/4 tsp of this to my face (it wasn't easy, this product is thick) to make sure I was getting the SPF coverage I needed I applied this over my Replenix CF serum and oil-free moisturizer.

I am normal to oily (t-zone) and found it to be heavy, suffocating, and it smelled faintly of lemons, (luckily it didn't linger). It was greasy going on, but was wearable with powder on my t-zone, Unfortunately it got increasingly drier as the day went on, and this coupled with the too dark shade looked terrible and aged me - not the look I was going for at all :(

I was looking for a CC cream to wear on the weekends with a high mineral SPF, buildable, unscented coverage, and good color match, this product met only one of those criteria (SPF).

If your normal to dry, like a full coverage CC cream, and can find a color match, this may work for you. It was a "NO" for me though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Before reading the reviews, I was in a large department store where I passed by the IT counter and got sucked into buying this CC cream. I had to wake up early that day and did not have a good night sleep, hence the impulse buy, which I really regret.
This cream feels on the skin like melted plastic - sorry, I cannot find a better comparison - and reminds me of the Clinique Even Better foundation. It just sat on my skin, and despite my skin being dry, it did not moisturize at all. The color (light) is OK for my NC20-25 skin, although it is slightly too dark, but I can get away with it. It did nothing to hide my blemishes and age spots, did not even reduce them slightly and the worst thing is the oily look.
Unfortunately in the UK, you cannot return cosmetics, unless you can prove that you had a bad reaction to it.
I am thinking of getting rid of it on eBay, or use it as a sunscreen when I go on holiday to warmer sunnier countries, as this was a very expensive mistake.
The only good thing about this cream is the packaging.

Light shade: pretty good coverage. Darker & more orange than my current go-to shade, Missha Perfect Cover BB in 13 Bright Beige. I'm not thrilled with the fragrance, which is overly floral and perfumed, though that fades soon on application. Didn't break me out.

I just got this because of all the hype about it and it definitely delivers! I have acne prone combination/oily skin and i was worried about getting breakouts, but nothing! It covers well, looks natural and radiant, and smells good, like a lemon muffin. After using this product about a week, my skin definitely feels softer too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Mixed feelings on this foundation. I have extremely oily acne-prone skin. My skin is also very senstive. I started using this foundation about almost 3 years ago or so and I used it to cover the acne i had. I was told that this product was supposed to actually be good for my skin and won't make me break out. My acne got worse and worse and I have used prescription meds to help it too and it did for a year, but all my acne came back, and my skin is becoming horrible again. My conclusion is that it has to be this foundation. I am great about washing my face morning and night always and keeping it clean and this stuff just continually gives me new acne each day. It only takes a few mins to set and looks great after i finish with my clinque powder. It has great coverage for all my acne and TONS of dark scars. But I am on the lookout for a new foundation because all I am doing right now is using this foundation to cover up the acne that the product itself is giving me :(

I believe I've finally found my HG! At 55 I still have oily skin w/ large pores, slightly textur-y surface and sun damage/broken capillaries. Oh and fine lines and a few wrinkles. Good times. I've used powders for years and as I've aged, I've become less happy with texture and coverage. I have tried all kinds of foundations, BBs, TMs - drugstore to quite spendy - and watched them accentuate pores and fine lines and sit on top of my skin in a heavy, shiny mask. With or without primers and finishing powders. After seeing all the great reviews and seeking a natural look, I ordered this in medium. I am still experimenting with application and prep, but after a couple of unsuccessful attempts, I think I've found what works for me. This morning I just applied my serum and moisturized around my eyes and lips. Since this product claims to be a moisturizer, serum and primer along with the rest I stopped there and gave it a few minutes to soak in. I then warmed one pump and tapped and spread around lightly, then used a brush to finish. (I played with a beauty blender all weekend - will keep experimenting as it seems to be everybody's favorite - just can't seem to get the dampness level right and wasn't feeling the love.) And I wasn't overly thrilled this morning either. I could see where it sat in my pores and it looked a little heavier than I like. But I had to get to work, so I gave it a light dusting of ELf HD powder and finished my makeup. When I got to work, I went into the bathroom and had a look prayingI didn't look like I was wearing a greasy mask. Dang girl! Pulled out my purse magnifying mirror (55...) and hurried to a window. I don't know what happened, but somewhere in that short time it seemed to have "settled." I could hardly see my pores and while not flawless (I prefer a more natural look, so I'm cool with that.), imperfections were nicely covered, tone was even and smooth and it literally looked like "my skin, but better." Over six hours later there is a tiny bit of t-zone shine, but not even enough to bother with blotting, much less powdering. It isn't cheap, but keep in mind a little goes a looooong way so it's 100% worth it to me. As I said, I will continue to experiment with prep and application (and will update if I find my "angel choir" method), but if it doesn't get any better than this, I am thrilled!

March 7, 2018 Yeah... I got on this on perfectly exactly once and was never able to duplicate it for some reason. Had to move on... :-(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have altered my review to reflect my response to the packaging. While the tube and the pump are hygienic, I know I'm going to eventually have to cut the end off and it's going to dry out. If the pump could be stored upside down so that the foundation settles in the bottom, it would be better. Meanwhile, I'm still loving the product.
I have been searching for a foundation that doesn’t break up and go weird on me, while covering my sun damage, offering a decent spf and doesn’t irritate my skin. I purchased a mini from Sephora and haven’t looked back. I apply with a brush and it looks great - not mask-like. It feels hydrating and light on as well. I have been receiving compliments since I have been wearing this - even from my husband - who wouldnt notice if I grew another head.