It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.6

I love this stuff. I am obsessed. I really wanted something lighter texture than my usual foundations (EL Doublewear and TF Peach Perfect) but with more coverage than my gorgeous BM Complexion Rescue. And the IT CC+ more than delivered. I use this in the shade Fair-Light and I do acknowledge the shade range is limited, particularly if you are on the deeper end of the spectrum. However, for me, it is a perfect match. I simply dab some of this onto my face, and use a beauty blender to bounce it into my skin. It gives a medium coverage this way, though it is definitely buildable to full coverage. It has a satin finish, definitely not matte. The texture is creamy, it feels similar to a moisturiser. It wears well, lasting all day on me. I have worn it for 13 hours with it not fading, separating or creasing. It even lasts through light sweating, which is a lifesaver seeing as Sydney is in the middle of a heatwave! It also has SPF 50 which is a huge plus for the summer. I definitely can see the skincare benefits this provides also, it has helped with my skin congestion and breakouts, and my skin also looks and feels plump and hydrated after wearing this. I will definitely finish my tube of this, definitely would recommend it and would 100% repurchase. I can see why this has such a cult following - I just wish I had tried it sooner. It is a great addition to any makeup collection.

I love this cc cream in the fall and winter, when my t-zone dries out. I find the coverage to be on the full side, I only need half a pump on my beauty blender to get a nice, even finish. I have this in light-medium and I find the color to be great match-wise. I haven’t had any issues with oxidation or settling into fine lines either. Pre-application, I use Becca’s First Light primer, and after application, I set it with a big, fluffy brush and loose powder. I like the pump mechanism as it’s hygenic. Personally, I think iYour Skin But Better is a worthy investment as it’s become more of a difficult task to find reliable coverage for my perimenopausal skin and this works quite nicely for me in the colder months.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i love it even more than laneige bb cushion. It's so light-weight and easy to blend definitly your skin but better. I don't recommend using it as a sunscreen if you want a natural look cause it will not reach the spf of 50. I use it with my dior loose powder and it last 12h without any touch up and i live in a humid country ed : i changed my cc cream and always come back to this

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was an impulse purchase for me on Ulta's "Walk of Shame" (the leadup to the register). The full-size tube is $38USD, not bad for a foundation, really, but I'm a cheapskate. A mini-tube, 12 ml/0.4 fl oz, is $18 and is a good way to try the product. I'm an NW20, and Light worked well for me.

The tube says Full Coverage Cream, and boy are they not kidding. You need only a small amount to get a thick-feeling, satiny coverage. When I first put it on, it looks almost masklike, but settles as the day goes on. The product has a lemony fragrance, which is unusual in a foundation and which I found rather pleasant, but others might not like. I wore it all summer without powder and found it wore well, but is not waterproof. The SPF comes from TiO2 and ZnO2. (I figure sunscreen is one of those things that, you don't know if it works, you only know if/when it doesn't work.)

I take 1/2 star off for the price of a full-size tube. You should be able to get a good CC cream at a lower price point. And 1/2 off for the thick feeling at first. Is this what all CC creams are like?

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

I really wanted to like this, but sadly it just felt so heavy on my skin, like i had a couple of layers of foundation on my skin. Which is strange since my skin is pretty dry. I prefer the laniege cushions over this.

This is the only high coverage “foundation” that doesn’t look cakey on me whatsoever. And i love dewy finishes and for those two reasons im giving this a 5 lippie.

I do however dislike that packaging and the shade range.

I’d still recommend if you are someone who likes high medium coverage and dewy finish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO CITRUS!!!

I found out the hard way (someone put it on me during a mini makeover at Sephora before I could stop them. I had hives for a week).

Why??? Why would anyone put orange, grapefruit, lemon and lime oil in a product designed for sensitive and rosacea prone skin??? It makes no sense!!!

Anyway, I took Benadryl and cortisone cream for a week, and was left feeling sad because it seems that those who aren’t sensitive generally seem to like the formula otherwise.

I got it to cover cystic acne and it seems to have helped reduce the cysts, in the past 2 days. I noticed some people said it was drying for them, but maybe if you have oilier skin, it can also help. I'll edit this if anything changes.

EDIT: After a week of using, it is keeping my usually-oily skin not-so-oily through summer sweat, so I do think it may be better suited for oilier types, but it's kind of awesome for that.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this for a tropical vacation - I figured the high mineral SPF would take care of my sun protection needs while giving me some decent coverage. I was right on both counts but OH BOY DID I HATE WHAT THIS DID TO MY SKIN. Initially, the finish seemed pretty decent - matte but with a tiny bit of luminosity. However, there is something in this that sucked the life right out of my skin. This, coupled with the slightly luminous finish I mentioned highlighted pores and lines that I never even noticed before when I have no makeup on at all!! What the what???

My skin felt dry and tight after a few mins too which is odd because my skin is generally very oily. If you don't experience this type of irritation this might be a pretty decent product! I have had a similar experience with L'Oreal Pro Matte and Estee Lauder Double Wear - all 3 products feel like dry cement on my face after they dry down.

The packaging is pretty awesome - it's not glam but the squeeze tube/pump combo is super sanitary. A little bit of product also seems to go a long way, so the value here is pretty good despite the price. However, the irritation this caused mean I took this back to Sephora asap!

Pros:
-nice finish
-high mineral SPF
-highly concentrated product
-good value

Cons:
-drying, irritating formula
-highlights pores and fine lines

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

For a while it was unavailable UK so the moment my foot touched American soil I made a dash to an Ulta in Portland to have a look at it. The British You Tubers were raving about it so after a quick swatching session (I went with it in 'Light' which perfectly matches my Chanel B20/Dior 020 skin) I skipped happily back to my air B&B to apply it.

I like it is paraben and cruelty free, has a fantastic packaging with a very convenient and well designed pump, it is made in South Korea and they know what they are doing regarding sunscreen + coverage, it is a tinted mineral sunscreen but... there are buts:

- the coverage is WAAAAAY too heavy. I understand it needs to be a dense consistency to offer spf 50 rating (9% Titanium Dioxide and 6.3 % Zinc Oxide which makes it broad spectrum) but to make it work on my face not looking like a mask I hope I'm getting spf 20 (but probably less) with 1 pump of the product (fingers crossed!). So I need to wear another mineral spf underneath in the summer to get some proper protection!

- it contains lemon, bergamot and orange peel oils - which all are photo-reaction inducing, so having these in the sunscreen makes no sense to me. These also give the product a delicate fragrance - a non fragranced sunscreen usually smells revolting so that should explain why the formula has these in.

- price point - it is now available in Selfridges in London and is £30, which seems to be in line with other mineral sunscreens available in UK. Still way too expensive for a product that should be a staple skin protector.

- It gives a nice glow but it really needs to be powdered to not to look like a greasy mess within 2 hours of the application and I have a dry, dehydrated skin! So for the ladies in your 40s... get a sample first before comitting. Sadly powdering does not really help to set it for longer than these 2 hours (after which you should reapply it. No way I will be able to do that in my work environment. I need a stable sunscreen that does not make me a greasy, caked mess in a couple of hours after application and this is not it!) after which it simply disappears from my face, taking away with it all my blush (otherwise long lasting when applied on other foundations), concealer/highlighter leaving a shiny, blotchy mess (as it seems to be disappearing in patches too) with magnified fine lines and crater-like pores. I look like I did not wash off the sad remains of my previous day's makeup!

- It behaves way better in winter when it does not need to be powdered at all (stay way away from any 'glow' powders like Hourglass ones in this case!) and when we have 3 hours of daylight in Scotland. What is the point of it then though with its spf 50?

- I tried apply it on a matifying primer from Benefit (I had a tiny sample tube) in hope of extending the two hours lasting mark but to no avail. Same with a silicone based primer from YSL (Touche Eclat one) which I'm trying to finish off and none of these really seem to make any difference. I tried to apply it with a beauty blender to sheer it out a little bit but it still did not look like I like my foundations/sunscreens to look like.

I will use it up this summer but I will not repurchase.