It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.6

This is the only high coverage “foundation” that doesn’t look cakey on me whatsoever. And i love dewy finishes and for those two reasons im giving this a 5 lippie.

I do however dislike that packaging and the shade range.

I’d still recommend if you are someone who likes high medium coverage and dewy finish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO CITRUS!!!

I found out the hard way (someone put it on me during a mini makeover at Sephora before I could stop them. I had hives for a week).

Why??? Why would anyone put orange, grapefruit, lemon and lime oil in a product designed for sensitive and rosacea prone skin??? It makes no sense!!!

Anyway, I took Benadryl and cortisone cream for a week, and was left feeling sad because it seems that those who aren’t sensitive generally seem to like the formula otherwise.

I got it to cover cystic acne and it seems to have helped reduce the cysts, in the past 2 days. I noticed some people said it was drying for them, but maybe if you have oilier skin, it can also help. I'll edit this if anything changes.

EDIT: After a week of using, it is keeping my usually-oily skin not-so-oily through summer sweat, so I do think it may be better suited for oilier types, but it's kind of awesome for that.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this for a tropical vacation - I figured the high mineral SPF would take care of my sun protection needs while giving me some decent coverage. I was right on both counts but OH BOY DID I HATE WHAT THIS DID TO MY SKIN. Initially, the finish seemed pretty decent - matte but with a tiny bit of luminosity. However, there is something in this that sucked the life right out of my skin. This, coupled with the slightly luminous finish I mentioned highlighted pores and lines that I never even noticed before when I have no makeup on at all!! What the what???

My skin felt dry and tight after a few mins too which is odd because my skin is generally very oily. If you don't experience this type of irritation this might be a pretty decent product! I have had a similar experience with L'Oreal Pro Matte and Estee Lauder Double Wear - all 3 products feel like dry cement on my face after they dry down.

The packaging is pretty awesome - it's not glam but the squeeze tube/pump combo is super sanitary. A little bit of product also seems to go a long way, so the value here is pretty good despite the price. However, the irritation this caused mean I took this back to Sephora asap!

Pros:
-nice finish
-high mineral SPF
-highly concentrated product
-good value

Cons:
-drying, irritating formula
-highlights pores and fine lines

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

For a while it was unavailable UK so the moment my foot touched American soil I made a dash to an Ulta in Portland to have a look at it. The British You Tubers were raving about it so after a quick swatching session (I went with it in 'Light' which perfectly matches my Chanel B20/Dior 020 skin) I skipped happily back to my air B&B to apply it.

I like it is paraben and cruelty free, has a fantastic packaging with a very convenient and well designed pump, it is made in South Korea and they know what they are doing regarding sunscreen + coverage, it is a tinted mineral sunscreen but... there are buts:

- the coverage is WAAAAAY too heavy. I understand it needs to be a dense consistency to offer spf 50 rating (9% Titanium Dioxide and 6.3 % Zinc Oxide which makes it broad spectrum) but to make it work on my face not looking like a mask I hope I'm getting spf 20 (but probably less) with 1 pump of the product (fingers crossed!). So I need to wear another mineral spf underneath in the summer to get some proper protection!

- it contains lemon, bergamot and orange peel oils - which all are photo-reaction inducing, so having these in the sunscreen makes no sense to me. These also give the product a delicate fragrance - a non fragranced sunscreen usually smells revolting so that should explain why the formula has these in.

- price point - it is now available in Selfridges in London and is £30, which seems to be in line with other mineral sunscreens available in UK. Still way too expensive for a product that should be a staple skin protector.

- It gives a nice glow but it really needs to be powdered to not to look like a greasy mess within 2 hours of the application and I have a dry, dehydrated skin! So for the ladies in your 40s... get a sample first before comitting. Sadly powdering does not really help to set it for longer than these 2 hours (after which you should reapply it. No way I will be able to do that in my work environment. I need a stable sunscreen that does not make me a greasy, caked mess in a couple of hours after application and this is not it!) after which it simply disappears from my face, taking away with it all my blush (otherwise long lasting when applied on other foundations), concealer/highlighter leaving a shiny, blotchy mess (as it seems to be disappearing in patches too) with magnified fine lines and crater-like pores. I look like I did not wash off the sad remains of my previous day's makeup!

- It behaves way better in winter when it does not need to be powdered at all (stay way away from any 'glow' powders like Hourglass ones in this case!) and when we have 3 hours of daylight in Scotland. What is the point of it then though with its spf 50?

- I tried apply it on a matifying primer from Benefit (I had a tiny sample tube) in hope of extending the two hours lasting mark but to no avail. Same with a silicone based primer from YSL (Touche Eclat one) which I'm trying to finish off and none of these really seem to make any difference. I tried to apply it with a beauty blender to sheer it out a little bit but it still did not look like I like my foundations/sunscreens to look like.

I will use it up this summer but I will not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My skin recently changed from combination to dry, and upon developing some spider angiomas on my face and subsequently getting some treatment for them, I decided to up my sun cream game. However, my beloved Teint Idole by Lancome did not respond well to my new moisturiser and spf 45 skin routine (think: cakey mess), and I decided I wanted something a little more natural-looking and light weight on my face, especially now I had my "new" blemish-free face going on.

This CC cream did the job perfectly:

- actually does look better than skin, but lets your skin shine through at the same time (yes, you do need a pretty even skin tone to pull this off imo)
- suprisingly long lasting
- feels light on the skin
- is moisterising but doesn't cake up unlike my awful experience with Josie Maran's Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation
- doesn't cling to any dry patches during the course of the day
- I swear my face actually looks better when I take it off (I was told that it had some special skin-imrpoving ingredients in it, so maybe that's why)

This only doesn't get 5 stars because I still can't get over how expensive it is!! I mean, it's nice in every way I mentioned above, but it's not full-coverage-perfect-face-I'm-a-model-now nice (which is how I felt with Lancome's Teint Idole). At least that's where I'm at right now with this product.

Closing comment: the colour names are deceiving: the best match for me was "Light" despite me having olive / tan skin.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I received a sample of this from Mecca and the claims sounded too good to be true, which they were of course and usually are. Unfortunately this cc cream just made my skin feel incredibly parched all day as well as accentuating the lines under my eyes. I seriously looked 10 years older.

The coverage was quite a lot heavier than I prefer for daily use but I was able to sheer it out using a damp beauty blender. It looked quite nice on initial application and the color “medium” was a pretty good match for me. But within an hour I could feel it sucking my skin dry for some reason. And when I looked in the mirror a few hours later I was horrified at my under eye lines.

This cc cream is a miss for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I so wanted to love this CC cream, just like the majority of reviewers, but alas, sadly I just can't. And I am also quite relieved to see numerous reviewers in my age group having the same issues, but let's start with the positives:

Pros:
- SPF50
- Genius packaging, a tube combined with a pump dispenser, fantastic!
- Reasonably priced
- A few of the shades are offered in a smaller version travel tube
Cons:
- Shade range very limited, couldn't find a match for my N/NW15 skin, even the lightest shade "fair" was too yellowish.
- Very thick, matte finish even when I apply a thin layer
- Accentuated pores, fine lines and dry areas on my dry/normal facial skin.

Verdict: Apart from the nice high sun protection and awesome packaging I couldn't agree more with one previous reviewer, who likened the finish of the IT Cosmetics CC Cream to stage makeup. It made my skin - which by itself looks very decent - look matte, with lines and pores exaggerated, not a good look at all! The reason I tried this in the first place is because I am desperate to find a replacement for my beloved Bobbi Brown CC Cream SPF 35 in Blushed Nude - I have used it as long as they made it and then stocked up when Estee Lauder Inc. discontinued it. In the meantime I used up my last backup tubes also. The Bobbi Brown CC Cream had the most wonderful, natural finish and the color correcting properties, natural sheer coverage and overall wear were perfect for me. So my search continues and I will probably try Chanel's CC cream next. ...but IT Cosmetics' CC Cream unfortunately wasn't it for me.

Medium coverage, feels like genuine skin (not heavy or cakey), breathable, easy to apply AND provides SPF. However, with my combo skin, it separates in oily spots and really clings to even minor dry spots, making them extremely noticeable! I had skin problems I never even noticed until this foundation pointed them out... yuck. I would hate to see what it wears like when it’s actually hot and summery outside!! Did not appreciate the way it separated on the tip of my nose and my forehead. I’m disappointed, because on first impressions I was IN LOVE. Maybe better for normal skin types?

I'm reviewing the "light" shade in this product. This product is not for the ladies who enjoy full coverage makeup, have VERY LARGE PORES or have oily skin. However, it is excellent for busy moms, women and men who want to look a little more "put together" on an "off" day. Below are the pros and cons from one week of experience with this:

PROS:
-Color Correction: This immediately corrected all the redness on my face-- to the point where I didn't feel I needed to use additional concealer in my normal areas (around the nose thanks to my seasonal allergies)
-Smooth and quick application: Dotted a few spots on my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin and patted it quickly across my skin and BAM! Done in a few seconds without wasting product using sponges or brushes
-Coverage: surprising medium coverage from this-- while this did not completely hide my VERY LARGE PORES, it did enough
-Lightness: Perfect for people who have decent skin who wants the lightest coverage that just makes their skin look hydrated, well-rested and even

CONS:
-Fades in a few hours-- which is fine because reapplication isn't hard-- it doesn't streak and there's no pilling-- this thing spreads like BUTTER
- I'm NC10-15/Nars GOBI/ELDW 1N1 and found the shade "light" many, many shades too dark and ORANGE for my very neutral skintone (so be sure to get a sample before purchasing)-- my skin looked like Honey's (from Fresh Off the Boat)
-While this does have SPF 50 and I see that the first two ingredients are TITANIUM DIOXIDE 9.0% ZINC OXIDE 6.3%, in order for this to be effective as a suncreen for the face, about a little more than half a teaspoon of this stuff needs to be applied to the face, but in my experience, you just need half a pea sized amount of this on the face-- so be sure to apply sunscreen under this!

All in all, this product is not bad, but I've been using Korean BB Cream since about 15 years ago and have had better formula (cleaner and more effective) for less cost. I personally prefer Innisfree Eco Natural BB Cream over this and I got that for $10... so if this product is HG for someone, perfect-- for me, I still prefer my Korean BB and CC creams.