It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.7

Honestly, I bought this product because of the hype and I am GLAD I did!

I personally don't like wearing foundation. Either that all of my previous foundations were from the drugstore (though I selected the most lightweight) and I don't like their formulas, or I just hated how it sat on my skin. Whatever the reasons might be, I tried wearing less foundation as much as I could.

But this CC cream (honestly, it's a foundation) blows my mind away. It is so lightweight, sits comfortably on my skin, gives good coverage, and makes my face looks natural PLUS better (I hate foundation that once I applied makes my face looks like a 'kabuki'). In addition to the formula, the smell is very nice. It smells a bit of lemon and a slight scent of freshness (if that makes sense).

I bought it in a travel size (I was still edgy whether I might like it or not) and in the shade 'medium'. It is a bit darker than my skin tone but it doesn't show much difference, so I don't really mind.

Overall, definitely repurchase it! 5-stars!!

I received a small tube in medium to try, but eventually switched to light when I purchased and I'm about a NC25 or so. I initially didn't like this as I went in thinking it would be a CC cream, but as others have said it is more of a foundation finish. If I'm having a good skin week I think it out a little with Burberry Fresh Glow luminizer. If I'm breakout city or covering discoloration marks it does great at full strength, partly because it does seem to color correct as well. This is what I travel with if I'm only taking one type of foundation and the packaging is great, why don't all expensive foundations come with a pump!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Wow! I'm impressed! Perfect for my pale skin, no glitter, moisturizer and spf 50! Amazing! I really love it! A mild, pleasant scent and I find as the day goes on my skin looks better and better :) try it!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love that it has a high spf. I have very long days and it doesn't last 12 hours but it wears off well and is doing some good things for my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This did not sink into wrinkles which is why I liked it. And of course the spf 50 and healthy ingredients is another reason to love it. My problem with it was the lack of coverage but it is called your skin but better. I agree with this. It really does look like my skin but better. I like flawless skin. So what I end up doing is putting Estée Lauder double wear foundation over top of this. I do top it with the cc perfecting powder that It Cosmetics sells which is awesome. It is lightweight powder and not cakey at all. I then use a setting spray to help it all seal together and stay put. I think I will continue to use this under my foundation as I like the benafits it gives my skin. It seems a bit pricey the way I use it but for skin care i think it is worth it. Aging skin is a challenge to find the right products and this is one of the better ones out there. It is creamy and feels really nice on the skin. I also like the faint clean smell it has. This makes me want to put it on my skin. I bought it at Ulta and wear the medium color. It's the end of summer so my skin may have a more color right now. I'm NC25 (ELDW ecru 1N1) in the winter and NC30 (ELDW Dusk 3C1)in the summer for reference.

10% discount code on the Canadian Website till Oct 31st, 2017: ITGIRLYANG

**i dont make any commission, thought id pass it around for those who are curious in the product :)

PROS:
-Wide color range
-Skin care infused
-Comes with a pump
-Easy to Travel with
-Moisturizing
-Sunscreen SPF 50 + UVA/UVB
-Doesn't strip my skin
-Medium buildable coverage

CONS:
-Not very good oil control
-Claims to be concealer as well - wouldn't use as one unless I have minor blemishes
-Price: $49 CAD - pretty pricy for a CC Cream, you can find similar like the Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream (possible dupe)

Great for Dry-Combination oily skin (not too oily, but if you are this may be great for dry seasons like fall & winter), skip if you are oily...
NC15-20: FAIR
NC20-25 : LIGHT
NC 30-35: MEDIUM

Read full review here:

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Even though this is kind of expensive and hard to find in Canada, I keep coming back for more. I love that it is moisturizing, has a high SPF, doesn't break me out and has amazing coverage. This truly is a one and done product for me, which makes it worth it. I simply apply all over my face in the morning with my fingers and then set with a bit of translucent powder to set my face a mattify a bit because this is on the dewy side. The light shade is on the neutral side and is a perfect match for my skin most of the year. (Here is a link to a foundation swatch comparison https://imgur.com/rIZtBwl). If I have a bit of colour I will go up to the medium shade, which is a bit more golden. The best value I have found when buying this product is the limited edition supersize that they offer only once or twice a year on either The Shopping Channel (Canada) or QVC. I just stocked up!

This is a CC cream that takes a bit of work to make it work.

---A little preface: I have combination skin that is as dry as a desert in the dry areas and as oily as heck in the oily spots. Very, very extreme skin. It is also sensitive and acne-prone. The reason I give this background is because it is very hard to find a product that will suit my whole face. This is the only product so far that has not both clung to my dry, flaky areas and sunk into pores on the oily areas. So I really love this product for making it possible for my whole face to look good in all of its areas! I also like that this product has such high SPF in it because I am always looking for ways to integrate sunscreen into my skincare.

On the other hand, if you have an oily face, or have spots where you get oily, or sweat, or anything at all, this product WILL break down, slide off, and get all over your fingers and everything you love within 20 minutes of putting it on. I know everyone's body chemistry is different, but I feel like it will do this to everyone. The only way I was able to keep this on my face was to put setting/finishing spray on my whole face IMMEDIATELY after applying it, wait for that to dry, then put setting powder over that. Because it takes so much work, I took off a lippie. And because my skin is sensitive, this whole routine ends up clogging up my pores giving me some zits whenever I go through the whole shebang of putting it on. I was really hoping to get a CC cream that I could slap on and go.

tl;dr, I took off two lippies because I don't think the price is right for this product; it's good, but not great. It works, but takes work to make it work. It breaks down very fast on oily skin and slides off faster than a mudslide on a mountain.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product is really good on my skin. I have a 4ml trial size and Im waiting for the sale to get a full size. I myself have an unstable skin - it is oily like crazy and also has dry patches but this CC doesnt make my skin look cakey or emphasizes my dry areas. It helps blur my enormous pore, it is really lightweight and easy to blend. However it doesnt control my oiliness but I can fix this with a translucent powder. I think it is more suitable for fall-winter. Oh and it is also pricey but I really satisfied.

Nope this did not work for me. Would not blend in, just felt like it sat on top of my skin. Looked a little grey and by noon I was an oil slick. Love the packaging though.