It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've had this for over a month and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I have a serious love/hate relationship with it, because it's one of the most frustrating face products I've ever used, and I don't know if that's because of my skin or the product.

There are 7 shades, which is actually not too bad for a BB or CC cream from what I've seen, but it's still not great. I have the lightest shade ("Fair," I believe) and it's definitely still too dark. But, I'll give them credit for it not being super orange or pink. I mix in a couple drops of white foundation, top with a powder that's pretty close to my skin color, and make it work. But the darkest shade isn't very dark, and the lightest shade isn't very light. I feel like at this point, companies should be making a wider range of shades for face products, including BB and CC creams.

The coverage for this stuff is ok. It's not full coverage, but it's way better than any other BB or CC cream I've tried. I don't have much to cover as far as active acne at this point (I get some hormonal spots a couple times a month), but I do have a lot of purple-ish marks left over from years of dealing with skin issues. This doesn't completely cover them, but it seriously minimizes the color of them so they just barely show through. Same with active spots. In the past, even with medium/full coverage foundations (I never wore truly "full coverage" foundations because they were always too heavy on my skin), I had to add concealer on top to cover the redness. This usually does a great job of toning that down enough so that I don't bother. I also rarely use under eye concealer, unless the dark circles are super bad on a particular day.

The smell irritates me, but doesn't actually irritate my skin, so I'm not knocking off any lippies for that. I haven't pulled up the ingredients list to figure out what the smell is, but it's kind of herbal, sort of like a tea maybe. It almost reminds me of mint, but not quite. Whatever it is, I'm glad it hasn't irritated my skin, but I wonder why it's in there.

I like the SPF in this. That's the main reason I got it, because I could not find a facial sunscreen/sunblock that I could actually use. This stuff is the least bothersome I've found, and goes on much smoother than anything else I've tried.

What I'm struggling with is getting it to look good. I find that it really clings to dry patches and makes them look way worse. I've put this on and found dry spots I didn't know were there because they were invisible before. It also tends to look weird all over, almost like it's breaking down immediately after applying it. But what's weird is that it doesn't do this every time I use it. About 30-40% of the time, it looks amazing.

I've tried using it over a light moisturizer, over a moisturizing spray (this seems to yield the best results), over a moisturizing primer, over a matte primer and light moisturizer, entirely by itself, under pressed powder, under loose powder, no powder but matte setting spray, no powder but other setting spray, powder and a setting spray, and probably a few other combinations I'm forgetting. I've also tried this by itself on days I won't be leaving the house, without mixing in the white, and I got the same results so I know it isn't my white mixer.

I've also used my fingers, a brush, a sponge, and every combination of those together. I think I get the best results from applying it with my fingers and smoothing it all over until it's rubbed in, then buffing with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Iv'e tried a couple other brushes, but this one seems to work best in smoothing everything out and giving it the best finish.

I set this with powder and a spray because even on my dry skin it can look a little greasy (it might look better in the winter), probably because of the sunblock. That's also so I can add blush or whatever on top, so I would probably still set parts of my face with powder in the winter. The spray just seems to help lock everything in place.

I'm a little confused about the packaging choice, but I don't hate it. It did take about 45 pumps before any product came out, though. I have a feeling that when this is "empty" I'm going to have to cut it open and squeeze out whatever is left into a jar or something, though. I could be wrong about that. I've never had a pump/tube combo product before, but I feel like there's going to be product lodged somewhere in there that the pump can't quite get out.

I think the claim about it minimizing the appearance or pores and lines is not true. I have a small line between my eyebrows and this stuff settles into it and makes it look way worse than it is. The same thing happens to lines across my forehead, and one near my mouth. My pores definitely don't look much/any better under this stuff, either.

This is a product I really wanted to love, but it didn't live up to the hype for me. I might repurchase it, but I'm not sure yet. If it gets to a point where I know exactly how to make it look good every time I apply it, I'll probably stick with it. If I keep having mixed results, I'll probably move on when it's empty and try something else.

Basically, after using it for 6-8 weeks on and off, I just think it's "ok," but not the miracle product some people think it is. If it works that way for you, that's fantastic. Unfortunately, it didn't wow me.

Pros:
-Sunblock
-Doesn't irritate my skin
-Hasn't caused breakouts
-Medium-ish? coverage
-Doesn't feel heavy on my skin
-Slightly better shade range than other BB/CC creams
-Doesn't fully cover acne/scars, but minimizes redness
-Lasts pretty well throughout the day without breaking down or oxidizing

Cons:
-Kinda pricey
-Can be a hassle to get it to look good on my skin
-What is that smell?
-Weird packaging (this might not be a con; we'll see)
-Coverage isn't as good as expected
-Settles into lines
-Can cling to dry patches

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I appreciate this CC cream because of the amazing coverage it gives and how even people who are new to makeup can use it - it is really one of those products that you can "slap" on, or apply with any beauty tool, and it looks great. However, I'm not a big fan of the smell. I would prefer it to smell like nothing, rather than the odd lemony smell it has. I'm not sure why it has a lemony smell, reminiscent of a cleaning product. It may be the sunscreen, but I wish it didn't have any fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
- medium/buildable coverage
- comfortable to wear
- great packaging with a pump/travel friendly
- spf 50+
- natural finish
- easy application

Cons:
- not great for oily skin
- not long lasting

Overall, if you have dry skin, I think you'll love this. It provides a beautiful natural look with good coverage for a CC cream. It's a great, quick, throw-on foundation for everyday. The problems that I had with it include it's lasting ability. I would say for my oily skin, it stays for roughly 4-5 hours with a setting powder, so for long work days it looks faded by the end of the day. I would still consider purchasing this because it is quick to apply, no streaking or dry patches because it is so moisturizing. For those long days though, I still reach for Estee Lauder Double Wear. For me, this is probably a winter/fall foundation just for the sole reason that I have oily skin and it most likely won't hold up during the summer at all.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This BB cream gives really great coverage (almost full if not full) and can be doubled-up as a concealer. Makes the skin look smooth and gives it a healthy glow. Feels lightweight as well so you don't feel like you have heavy makeup on your face.

If you're oily or combo, it's best to set this with powder (I also recommend the CC powder from It Cosmetics). I have combo skin and the dreaded oily t-zone reared its ugly head after a few hours. I only had to do 2 touch-ups throughout a whole work day.

The one thing I don't like though is their lack of shades. 6 shades is not enough! They need to add more shades with different undertones!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am now on my second tube of this product and I love it! If you want to just even out your skin tone this product is perfect but you can also build it up to full coverage while still looking really natural. I've noticed it has almost a lemon scent to it? I would suggest to apply it with a beauty blender, I just find it blends it better into my face than a brush and really gives a flawless finish. I'm very pale but I have more golden undertones than pink and the lightest shade works really well with my skin tone, also it is 50 SPF so it's practically selling itself. It also lasts for a pretty decent amount of time depending on how much you use (1 pump is enough for my face and neck). If I had to think of a negative it would be that it is a bit pricey and that sometimes it can feel just a tad heavy.

Slipped and slid all over my face. And smells like children's sunscreen.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

NC25-30, use the shade Medium and it's great. As another reviewer said, the shade seems adaptable. It swatches more cool toned than my skin but somehow it just works. Under some lighting conditions my skin looks strangely tinged and unhealthy to me, but with this on, never!

It covers redness, darkness, and doesn't accentuate skin texture. Coverage looks like it goes on full, becomes medium once it sets. Satin finish that leans dewy. It looks very natural and skin-like even when though it feels oily. (I have normal skin).

The lasting power is poor, it doesn't look bad once it fades, but it fades significantly.

I'll be short and sweet: this product is utter #@$&! I tested it at Sephora on one half of my face (Milk foundation on the other. BTW that one seemed to work great!), and the coverage was pathetic, my skin looked dull, and it accentuated all of my pores. Worst of all, it broke me out instantly! I wore it for a couple of hours that evening, then took it off at home. The following morning, sure enough, three pimples on the side of my face I tested the CC on!! The scary part is, I almost blamed my HG serum for the pimples! Now, that's just evil, CC! Shame on you! And don't get me started on the sky-high price tag!

I broke out from this after 2 days. Great coverage but nope

It Cosmetics CC cream lives up to the hype! I've been using this product every time I do my makeup since I got it about 5 months ago. I am in love with the shade Medium. It evens out my skin easily and gives my skin a really warm golden glowy tone to it. My skin is dry and NC 25-30 and because of adaptability of the product, I can wear this shade year round. Most foundations really accentuate my dry patches but this product seems to camouflage them. This product doesn't break me out and is easy to remove! I like that I don't have to scrub it off or have a tedious makeup removal routine like I would have with some heavy duty foundations. I set it with a translucent powder and if i need a bit more coverage I buff a little Bare Minerals over the top and I look naturally flawless. Also can't beat the high SPF!