It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

3.5

My skin is oily, sensitive and acne-prone. I’m NC20 with strong yellow undertones.
I picked the shade Light and I received a sample of the shade Medium.
-SHADE: The shade Light is a neutral light/medium beige shade. Next to the shade Medium it looks ashy and a bit lighter. It’s slightly darker than my complexion (NC20) but it works. The shade Medium has warm orange/yellow undertones. I prefer the shade Light during winter and the shade Medium during summer when my skin gets tanner (NC25 -NC30). None of them suits my skin tone perfectly. I think It Cosmetics is a quite big company that makes millions per year I don’t get why they have this poor shade range.
SKIN TYPE: It has a healthy dewy finish but and looks nice on my oily skin. It doesn’t make it look greasy and lasts all day long. I don’t wear it constantly because I feel that it clogs my pores probably due to the high spf. It doesn’t accentuate my pores their powder foundation does that!
MORE: It has a slight citrusy scent but that disappears quickly. It has a light to medium coverage. I like to apply it with my fingers for light coverage or a dense brush for medium coverage.

If you don't have sensitive skin, this cc cream is the best! I bought it after a youtuber recommended it and I wanted to love this so much! The lightest shade was perfect for my face (super rare since I am FAIR AS HELL but also have a red face almost constantly due to sensitivity, acne, etc.). This also slides on wonderfully, and I would use two layers for the coverage I needed. It looked very natural, was cruelty free, and had had SPF.

Unfortunately, after a few months of using it, I slowly started to get a rash from it. It got so bad I had to leave work to go to the walk-in clinic. My doc told me to stop using everything on my face and I had to get a mild lotion for my face. I checked the ingredient list, which is super long, so anything could've caused it. It also has a lot of fragrance so that could be it as well. I looked at the back of the tube and saw it even said "If a rash begins, discontinue use" which I don't believe I've ever seen on a foundation/cc cream before.

If you can handle the smell and don't have sensitive skin, I would definitely give it a shot. IF YOU ARE PRONE TO ALLERGIES OR have skin that is easily sensitive/irritated, I WOULD NOT recommend this. The smell is not unpleasant, but at the same time, it isn't great either.

PS: If you're vegan, IT Cosmetics was recently purchased by L'Oreal, which is not a vegan or cruelty free company. :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have altered my review to reflect my response to the packaging. While the tube and the pump are hygienic, I know I'm going to eventually have to cut the end off and it's going to dry out. If the pump could be stored upside down so that the foundation settles in the bottom, it would be better. Meanwhile, I'm still loving the product.
I have been searching for a foundation that doesn’t break up and go weird on me, while covering my sun damage, offering a decent spf and doesn’t irritate my skin. I purchased a mini from Sephora and haven’t looked back. I apply with a brush and it looks great - not mask-like. It feels hydrating and light on as well. I have been receiving compliments since I have been wearing this - even from my husband - who wouldnt notice if I grew another head.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I think I've given up on this product. It's a decent medium coverage foundation and the SPF is great but it's just not for me.

First off the SPF really works! I went to Machu Picchu and lost my sunscreen. I wore this and didn't get any color on my face at all.

The two areas I'm struggling with are color and dryness. First - color. I am easy to match in most brands but I can't seem to get a good match with this product. Fair is too light and light is too dark. If I mix them together it still doesn't work. The light match isn't terrible but it doesn't blend into my neck very well. That bugs me.

As for the dryness - yikes. After a couple of hours my face feels tight and dry. It's uncomfortable. I even used some hydrating spray. It still feels tight and dry.

This isn't a terrible product, it's just not for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't get the hype.
It is a CC cream with medium coverage that does nothing to smooth, blur or anything else I found compelling about this.

The packaging is excellent as one can transport easily and the pump is excellent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love that it has a high spf. I have very long days and it doesn't last 12 hours but it wears off well and is doing some good things for my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I must say I'm not a real fan of IT cosmetics and this is the only product that I all out haven't hated. It's medium coverage and more resembles a foundation then cc cream. It sits on my skin and doesn't blend into a natural look but if you have issues with products sinking into lines I would try this. I do think you get a lot of product but the formula not worth the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

My review mimics another review below. I'm about N20 and "fair" was too dark. The pump dispenses too much product and it never seems to dry. This made me realize how much I like Wet N Wild Coverall.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It took a little while to get this to work for me. I tried it at first without a moisturiser underneath using a brush, my fingers and a make-up sponge, but it always seemed to be too thick and settled in my lines. The solution, at least for me, is to apply my usual moisturiser, wait a couple of minutes, then apply a very small amount (less than half a pump) of the cc cream (I use the IT Cosmetics luxe brush). A little goes a long way! It's expensive, but a tube should last a long time. You can adjust the coverage by applying more or less. It doesn't seem greasy and doesn't dry my skin out. I also like that it has SPF 50. I'm really happy with this product and will continue to use it.

EDIT: I've also experimented with applying primer underneath, and that works as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This product is a must have in my collection, i will not be without it. Here is why:

PROS:
-natural looking (i have dry skin for the reference)
-long wearing (again, perhaps if you're oily it may not BUT...
-my face sweats a lot (TMI?) I'm not oily but have terrible anxiety so my face sweats a lot and this hold up to my most anxious moments
-I love the coverage, It's not completely full but enough to cover my redness and mild hyperpigmentation
-packaging is useful, you do get quite a good amount of product
-The SPF is great, although I always wear a separate sunscreen anyways

CONS:
-price is expensive, but I am willing to splurge on an item I can't dupe anywhere else
-Only found at ulta (sephora canada does not carry IT), although I buy mine on Beautylish for my canadian address and love the website, so it's not too bad

Overall I highly recommend this product