It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily

4.2

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Always thought this was for older women who have dark spots and not for someone young with acne. Tried it anyway in the shade light which matches my skin tone really well. It's a thick cream that provides super full coverage while never looking cakey, jusy as the description from Ulta implies. It's very light weight and doesn't feel heavy at all. Although this is a cream product my skin stays matte for a long time with baking and regular setting which is ideal for my very greasy skin. The spf 50 which is unheard of in any makeup base is a plus and hopefully doesn't cause flashback in photos. This doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin which will be beat red after taking off any foundation product that doesn't agree with me. Although I'm a big foundation junkie I think this will become my new every day favorite. Definitely wouldn't have expected this from something called a "CC Cream." It honestly reminds me of the Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Cream except way less heavy and with skincare benefits.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I initially purchased this in the shade "fair" on recommendation by 2 Sephora SAs but I found it leaving me looking very pasty and blotchy. Still, I continued using it for a month to make sure its formula and my skin got along great before trying the next darker shade "light", which turned out to be a perfect match. It's been 2 months since.

Love this as my daily light-medium coverage liquid makeup. How I've been wearing it: Wash > lightly moisturise > sunscreen > this CC > concealer on spots > light dusting of loose powder on the oiliest parts. No touchups other than light blotting with tissue midday and I have it on averagely 13 hrs per day almost everyday.

A bit about my over-40 skin: Sensitive, ultra oily, dehydrated, enlarged pores and prone to hormonal breakouts. I also suffer from hyperpigmentation. Living in the tropics also means dealing with heat & humidity year round plus dry air-conditioned air indoors and my sensitive skin is constantly acting up trying to adjust.

And the following is why I love this CC:
- has not caused any allergic reactions nor breakouts (in fact, I dare say my skin complexion seems to have improved slightly)
- looks like skin, never gets cakey even through 13 hours of wear, sweat and oil build up (though skin appearance does becomes uneven due to blotting taking off some of the makeup)
- does not oxidise/darken
- can be applied directly on a freshly washed face (saves time when in a rush)
- applies easily with fingers (I'm lazy with sponges and brushes plus fingers reduce product wastage)
- does not settle into my fine lines (other than my under eye crease lines - but this happens with every other makeup I've used regardless of over primers or not)
- spf 50
- scent is fresh and citrusy (scent dissipates quickly upon application)
- comes in handy travel size

Still, as much as I love it, it isn't perfect. Negatives (for me):
- light to medium coverage blurs but does not hide my spots (so concealer or a foundation over is still a must for when I want to fake a flawless complexion)
- feels and looks oily over my moisturiser and even more so when I add sunscreen over my moisturiser (so some blotting before dusting of loose powder is needed) and that's a fresh application. By midday, my face is so oil-slicked that if I forget to blot, my melting makeup would show lines and smudges where my hair strands brush my face or where my sunglasses sit my face. However, this probably won't be the case for most other people unless you're also super oily by nature
- settles somewhat into my enlarged oily pores no matter how I try different application methods or over special primers (so having the right skin-matching shade makes a huge difference in keeping the dotty-pore look less obvious)
- doesn't feel hydrating without moisturising first (sometimes, my skin will flake the moment the CC cream goes on)
- tad pricey (but worth it based on having used many well known brands ranging from drugstore to high end, which also had their fair share of negatives each)
- very limited range of shades (I'm lucky one works for me)

Do I recommend this? If you find a matching shade and if you don't need full coverage, definitely give it a go. They make minis though these do not come with pumps. They also make a shimmer version of this but as an oily, I'd avoid them. Good luck!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I bought the travel size (.406 oz./12 ml) from Sephora for $15 in Light. It's a bit yellow but not so much that I can't work with it. This product is advertised as a "Color Correcting Full Coverage Cream + Anti-Aging Hydrating Serum." Thing is, I have lousy skin, and this product doesn't cover it or make it look any better. I have large pores, ruddy cheeks and redness around my nose and on my chin. I could not apply this product heavily enough to disguise all that without looking spackled. I tried an RT Miracle Sponge (splotchy sheer application), an EcoTools BB brush (a bit heavier coverage but still not even); and I tried applying it on my clean, bare skin (I looked spackled and gray). Maybe if you have good-to-great skin it will work for you, but if you do, then you don't need full coverage or color correction. It has SPF 50 but doesn't feel as heavy and greasy as I would expect it to feel, but I would not rely solely on it for sun protection. It didn't hold up well to my mega hot flashes, but nothing does except my ColorStay foundation. I'll save the CC for days when I need something I can apply quickly to get out the door to go to the store. If you've seen the infomercial and aren't sure whether to take the leap, Sephora has the travel size in Light and Medium. I'm glad I tried it before I invested in the full size.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As I've aged, my once super oily skin now has dry patches and it's been difficult to find a foundation that works for me. This CC cream has been the best I've found. My requirements for a foundation are to not break me out, even my skin tone and cover old acne scars. I use approx 2 1/2 pumps with some spot concealing and it works well for me. I set it lightly with powder and usually wear it approx 10-11 hours a day. It does get oily on my t-zone but a blotting sheet takes care of the shine. This holds up well on my skin, does not break me out and provides the buildable coverage I look for. It does have a lemony smell but it's not terribly strong and doesn't last. I highly recommend this for aging skin; I started with the smallest tube and have repurchased the full size tube with the pump.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wasn't out to purposely buy this. I recently bought UD One &Done and had to return it. I think these two products have the same exact finish which I love. They both offer this satin matte airbrushed finish. They both feel exactly the same on the skin too. They have enough slip to blend but they don't feel greasy. The only difference is the level of coverage. UD is sheer and IT Cosmetics is medium to full. The reason why I had to return UD One & Done was because after a few days of wearing it, I had 21 tiny red zits all over. Yikes! I usually know if a certain ingredient will cause a breakout. However, I really don't have a clue this time. I was scared to try the IT Cosmetics CC cream for a long time because of the very long ingredient list. So many things that could possibly be a trigger. I've been using it for two days and I counted less blemishes on my skin today. Today, I have 8 tiny red zits. Even though most are gone, I noticed three newer ones that popped up yesterday. So does it break me out? Maybe a slight reaction but it's far better than the UD one. Even though I gave this five stars, it's not entirely perfect. It does oxidize almost two shades darker after wearing it for around five hours. I can't blame the product 100% for this because I'm very oily and most base products do oxidize even when wearing a primer. I'm Tan in the Celebration foundation and that doesn't oxidize on me. It stays true to color even when I workout in it. I picked up Tan in this CC cream and it matches perfecly once applied but it starts to oxidize to a pink orange tone. I added a pic in my profile (hair half up) so you can get an idea of what it oxidizes to. You can see how naturally warm my neck area is and how slighly pink my face is. I'm going to try play around with primers to see if I can get this to oxidize less. As you can see in my pic, this gives such an airbrushed finish. I can't express how perfect this makes your skin! I can't see my blemishes unless I put my face right up close to a mirror. In normal distance, I can slighly see the tiny raised bumps. Looking in a mirror in the far distance, I look like a freakin' movie star lol. This is the reason why I give this a high rating.

UPDATE: Well, this sucks that I have to return this. I love this so much but it just oxidizes way too much. I tried other primers with this and it always oxidizes badly on me. It looks way too pink after only about an hour of wear time. I'm so upset.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm going to write this in bullet format to shorten it and get my opinion properly articulated on It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream.

Pros:
-Contains Snail Secretion Filtrate, which I consider to be a huge pro as the rest of western cosmetic companies have not caught on yet. "Snail slime" is one of the very few emollient ingredients to not break me out.
-GORGEOUS finish
-Does not emphasize poor skin texture (wrinkles, acne scars)
-Shade Fair is light enough to get by for NC10
-Full-ish coverage
-Easy to spread/blend
-Physical sunscreen! Zinc and Titanium Dioxide (Chemical SS sucks and burns my sensitive skin). Additionally, this contains a decent amount of SPF (50!). That is so much more impressive than the pathetic SPF15 I see in so many foundations.

Cons:
-Does not stay matte nor keep oil at bay for long
-The ingredient list is full of 'anti aging' ingredients, which explains the lack of oil control
-Very fragrant (bad for sensitive skin types).

The anti-aging extracts in this product (with the exception of snail secretion filtrate and SS) are nothing groundbreaking in terms of fighting the wrinkles. IT Cosmetics would have been so much better off skipping them. I would probably be in love with this product if I were dry skinned. I actually only bought it because my skin was freaking out from a skincare change, so I needed something more moisturizing than my beloved Rimmel Stay Matte liquid mousse. I'll be sticking with the Rimmel. However if my skin gets overly dry again due to acne treatments - I'll totally pull this out to use.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I studied about this product before buying it. One of the most important issues for me is my super oily skin. My primer and BB Powder take care of this concern. The other issue is the color selection. I was fortunate that Medium is a good match. This foundation makes my skin feel very calm. When I wash it off, my skin looks hydrated which is a huge plus compared to foundations for oily skin. It is expensive but if you are comparing this with department store products, they are not even comparable to the quality of this product. I have to say that I am very pleased with this product and as a foundation junkie, this is a big deal.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First day I put it on and didn't think much about it but when I got in the car to do a car mirror check I was blown away. By my own amazing face.
I purchased this CC cream because I was frustrated with how thick and cakey most foundations are (they're meant to be full coverage...) and I didn't need the thickness anymore because my skin has healed so much since bad acne days. I wanted a nice cream that would be smooth against my skin, a very light foundation, perhaps. I already had a BB cream for everyday light coverage, but I wanted something nicer for going out.

PROS:
- You get what you pay for. This CC cream delivers. It really makes my face look like a million dollars. I won't be needing foundation now.
- You don't have to put sunscreen on underneath! Saves time
- Moisturizing, gives my skin a glow! So I don't have to put moisturizer on either for it to look smooth!
- Anti-aging. I'm young, but I feel great knowing that using this CC cream is going to protect my young skin now so it will still look great later!
- The delicious scent. It smells so delicious!! Like fresh oranges! Very fruity and nice.
- Luxury brand. I don't usually spend this much on product but the way I see it I'm getting a lot of products for the price of one, and this is a good brand, so I like knowing I'm not throwing away my money on junk. This stuff is the real deal.
- Coverage is out of this world. My skin looks PERFECT. AIRBRUSHED.

Cons
- it's expensive. (But good foundations that don't look cakey run around 50 bucks... and they do NOT include SPF protection / moisturizer)
- if you have ultra-sensitive skin and you want a fragrance-free product... this definitely has a scent. A great scent, but still a scent.
- If you're looking for something barely there, don't go with a CC cream, or at least not this one, because it does offer great coverage, it's a little thicker. Try a BB cream or tinted moisturizer.

Verdict: This product is GREAT for people who want to swap out their foundation for something really smooth and natural looking but still need coverage!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I like this equally as well as my current favorite foundation, Face Stockholm Liquid Mineral. I alternate the two, using this CC cream when I want more opaque coverage.

IT CC cream in Fair is a very good match for my NW15 skin. I still need to use concealer in a few trouble spots, but that's okay. Applied with a damp Beauty Blender, IT CC cream applies smoothly, and evens out my skin tone very well, without looking cakey or heavy. Even though I use it over a primer with SPF, I appreciate the fact that IT CC cream offers strong sun protection on its own. My ONLY quibble with this product is the fact that it doesn't hold up on my extremely oily skin all that well. Someone whose skin is less oily than mine (which would be just about everyone!) might love this unreservedly.

It's a bit on the pricey side, but you get a good amount of high-quality product, so it's still a good buy.

It Cosmetics is a cruelty-free company, which is very important to me.

I'd buy the IT CC cream again.