It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Oily

3.7

Eyes: Violet

I have been eyeing up the IT section of my local Ulta and Sephora stores for a while, so I was excited to see the presentations of IT products on QVC. Not to mention, for these items individually, the price for this kit seemed like the perfect opportunity to try out IT products. Unfortunately, this kit fell short for me, compared to other prestige makeup brands I have used.

Let's start with the CC cream. This is a little on the yellow side and definitely does not suit cooler undertoned individuals like myself. I also think that they may misrepresent the shades just a little bit. I am not the fairest of the fair, but did order fair because their light shade is way too dark and yellowish for me. The coverage of the CC cream also isn't as amazing as they show in the presentation. This is a medium coverage item, at best, unless you keep layering it on, but then it becomes very heavy and cakey. I would consider it more of a tinted moisturizer.

Next is the mascara. The formula is decent, but in clumps on the brush. There needs to be something in the tube to help get off excess mascara when pulling the wand out. It lays on eyelashes well, but it does flake it you try to keep layering. Overall, there are better mascaras out there.

Let's move on to the eyebrow pencil. It is fairly dark, even with the lightest touch, and a little bulky to get those fine lines that some like. It too, is ok at best.

The lip was also just ok for me. It's more of a brightly tinted lip gloss. It glides on well and keeps my lips from chapping, but normal lip gloss is much cheaper. This also came out on my lips as a bright pink color, and I am more of a neutral or dark colored lip kind of girl.

I have yet to try the illumination powder, so I will not comment on that.

Last was the globe brush. I am a firm believer in good makeup brushes truly do make a difference during application. It's a good size and I used it to put on my CC cream. It went on smoothly, so that was a win for me with this kit.

Overall, this kit was just ok for me. I don't know that I will continue to buy IT products, as the delivery and exchange process with QVC is lengthy and the products just don't meet my overall makeup standards. Sorry IT.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
- medium/buildable coverage
- comfortable to wear
- great packaging with a pump/travel friendly
- spf 50+
- natural finish
- easy application

Cons:
- not great for oily skin
- not long lasting

Overall, if you have dry skin, I think you'll love this. It provides a beautiful natural look with good coverage for a CC cream. It's a great, quick, throw-on foundation for everyday. The problems that I had with it include it's lasting ability. I would say for my oily skin, it stays for roughly 4-5 hours with a setting powder, so for long work days it looks faded by the end of the day. I would still consider purchasing this because it is quick to apply, no streaking or dry patches because it is so moisturizing. For those long days though, I still reach for Estee Lauder Double Wear. For me, this is probably a winter/fall foundation just for the sole reason that I have oily skin and it most likely won't hold up during the summer at all.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is definitely one of my favorite cc creams! I love that it's good for your skin to, well as good as it can be:) Lasts a long time to.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this based on all they hype and really wanted to love it. I LOVE that it has SPF 50 in it, but I’m not blown away by how it looks on my skin. The shade range is pretty bad; I am fair but the light color looks too yellow/ orange for me. I can make it work for the most part, but it doesn’t provide enough coverage for me. They came out with a full coverage moisturizer with SPF 50 that I want to try; hopefully in a trial size though so I don’t blow a bunch of more money on a so-so product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just sampled and tried this today at Sephora! Went on Beautiful! My skin just needs a little evening out. Gal used this and some Bobbi Brown bronzer! I looked and felt pretty! Yayayayaya!! I naturally bought this along with Shiseido eye cream ! I love the samples they give too!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is close to perfection for me. I would give it a 5 if it was transfer proof.

I found the best way to apply this is with my fingers. I really rub into my skin vs bouncing it with a sponge or brush. I find it has better staying power with this method.

It gives me great, natural coverage with a gorgeous finish...no caking or settling into lines. It does get a little oily in my T zone, but a might dusting of powder takes care of it.

I wear it everyday in the medium shade, which matches me perfectly...I love the awesome skincare ingredients in it, too...and the mineral sunscreen protection.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I do love that it contains SPF 50 mineral sunscreen titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. It yields sheer to medium coverage and blends in nearly imperceptibly so my skin looks even-toned and hint with moisture. The shade medium works for me. Use sunscreen EVERYDAY.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is by far my favorite base product. I am on my second tube. The first time around I choose the illumination version because it was summer and I wanted that really glowy look. I still love that formula, but after trying the original I like this one much more. It is just as dewy but without any sparkles. I also think that this formula has slightly more coverage that the illumination version. I use one pump and dot it all around my face then blend in with a RT complexion sponge. I have shade fair and it's the perfect color for me. It definitely has yellow undertones which is perfect for my very light but yellow toned skin. It cancels out any redness and evens my skin out beautifully without looking like a mask. I would say it's a solid medium coverage especially if you blend it in with your fingers, but I prefer a damp sponge to sheer it out a bit. I work from 8am to 5pm and usually don't remove my makeup til around 8pm or later and this lasts all day on my skin. I do set it with the bye bye pores pressed powder. It does crease in my smile lines but there is no product in the world that won't do this imo. It has the same scent as the illumination, a fresh citrus-y scent. Though I do prefer unscented, the smell doesn't bother me because it fades as soon as the product sets. I love that there is spf 50 and anti aging ingredients in this, it makes me feel good about using it on my face everyday. My skin loves this stuff and I actually got a few breakouts when I went makeup free for a week. I can't say enough good things about this product and it will always be a staple in my collection.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

First of all, I ordered this from Ulta after years of watching the hype on QVC and on infomercials. The packaging is fine, but quite frankly the product did not work for me at all. It was waxy and sort of yellowish in color. I put it on clean skin and it literally sat ON TOP of my skin and never covered redness or imperfections. I could see my skin through the product! I returned it to Ulta. I will stick to my Maybelline Pure BB which covers amazingly well and blends right into my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I can see why a lot of people obsess over this foundation, and only recently have I really begun to enjoy using this.

The main issue I have with it is that the application is not easy to figure out. This product applies horribly with brushes so forget that (and that is the usual method I use to apply my foundation). I used to use it with my hands and that went okay, but it is still hard to build an even coverage with it this way and it was always difficult to cover all of the redness on my nose. I finally used a real techniques sponge with it, and I discovered that this is the best way to maximize coverage and get a beautiful finish with this foundation. This is a huge bummer for me, because I prefer not to use sponges because they absorb so much product :/. But the final finish with the sponge is really beautiful: full coverage and glowy, so I do it anyways.

Also the shade range is TERRIBLE for people of color. I'm shade Fair currently, and in the summer if I repurchase I will probably buy light, but Fair is even too pale for me which is great for those super pale people, but the darkest shade in this range is WAY WAY too light, it is more of a medium skin tone at best. As this is a bestseller at both Ulta and now Sephora, they really need to expand their range because I find this to be unacceptable to not include these customers.

Another downside to this foundation is that it wears off pretty horribly. I have pretty oily skin and I'm surprised at how much my skin absorbs all of the dewiness from this foundation and leaves behind cakey, patchy skin at the end of the day. My favorite foundation, Loreal Infallible Promatte doesn't do this, and it doesn't even contain hydrating ingredients/ and anti aging serum like this foundation.

Overall, this foundation is good and I would say go for it if you want to try it there are definitely problems associated with it.