It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Oily

3.7

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Very nice. One pump is enough for my face and a little down the middle of my neck. It starts off neutral, almost grey and then changes to skin tone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is close to perfection for me. I would give it a 5 if it was transfer proof.

I found the best way to apply this is with my fingers. I really rub into my skin vs bouncing it with a sponge or brush. I find it has better staying power with this method.

It gives me great, natural coverage with a gorgeous finish...no caking or settling into lines. It does get a little oily in my T zone, but a might dusting of powder takes care of it.

I wear it everyday in the medium shade, which matches me perfectly...I love the awesome skincare ingredients in it, too...and the mineral sunscreen protection.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I do love that it contains SPF 50 mineral sunscreen titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. It yields sheer to medium coverage and blends in nearly imperceptibly so my skin looks even-toned and hint with moisture. The shade medium works for me. Use sunscreen EVERYDAY.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is by far my favorite base product. I am on my second tube. The first time around I choose the illumination version because it was summer and I wanted that really glowy look. I still love that formula, but after trying the original I like this one much more. It is just as dewy but without any sparkles. I also think that this formula has slightly more coverage that the illumination version. I use one pump and dot it all around my face then blend in with a RT complexion sponge. I have shade fair and it's the perfect color for me. It definitely has yellow undertones which is perfect for my very light but yellow toned skin. It cancels out any redness and evens my skin out beautifully without looking like a mask. I would say it's a solid medium coverage especially if you blend it in with your fingers, but I prefer a damp sponge to sheer it out a bit. I work from 8am to 5pm and usually don't remove my makeup til around 8pm or later and this lasts all day on my skin. I do set it with the bye bye pores pressed powder. It does crease in my smile lines but there is no product in the world that won't do this imo. It has the same scent as the illumination, a fresh citrus-y scent. Though I do prefer unscented, the smell doesn't bother me because it fades as soon as the product sets. I love that there is spf 50 and anti aging ingredients in this, it makes me feel good about using it on my face everyday. My skin loves this stuff and I actually got a few breakouts when I went makeup free for a week. I can't say enough good things about this product and it will always be a staple in my collection.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

First of all, I ordered this from Ulta after years of watching the hype on QVC and on infomercials. The packaging is fine, but quite frankly the product did not work for me at all. It was waxy and sort of yellowish in color. I put it on clean skin and it literally sat ON TOP of my skin and never covered redness or imperfections. I could see my skin through the product! I returned it to Ulta. I will stick to my Maybelline Pure BB which covers amazingly well and blends right into my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I can see why a lot of people obsess over this foundation, and only recently have I really begun to enjoy using this.

The main issue I have with it is that the application is not easy to figure out. This product applies horribly with brushes so forget that (and that is the usual method I use to apply my foundation). I used to use it with my hands and that went okay, but it is still hard to build an even coverage with it this way and it was always difficult to cover all of the redness on my nose. I finally used a real techniques sponge with it, and I discovered that this is the best way to maximize coverage and get a beautiful finish with this foundation. This is a huge bummer for me, because I prefer not to use sponges because they absorb so much product :/. But the final finish with the sponge is really beautiful: full coverage and glowy, so I do it anyways.

Also the shade range is TERRIBLE for people of color. I'm shade Fair currently, and in the summer if I repurchase I will probably buy light, but Fair is even too pale for me which is great for those super pale people, but the darkest shade in this range is WAY WAY too light, it is more of a medium skin tone at best. As this is a bestseller at both Ulta and now Sephora, they really need to expand their range because I find this to be unacceptable to not include these customers.

Another downside to this foundation is that it wears off pretty horribly. I have pretty oily skin and I'm surprised at how much my skin absorbs all of the dewiness from this foundation and leaves behind cakey, patchy skin at the end of the day. My favorite foundation, Loreal Infallible Promatte doesn't do this, and it doesn't even contain hydrating ingredients/ and anti aging serum like this foundation.

Overall, this foundation is good and I would say go for it if you want to try it there are definitely problems associated with it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received a free sample of this product in color Medium. I really enjoy IT Cosmetics Bye Bye pores powder, so I was thrilled to try this product.

I am still on the fence. Proper application is key. My first application, I applied my normal moisturizer and then this product like it was my normal foundation. Huge mistake. I went to the IT Cosmetics website and watched the demo video. Take notice, the model used alot of product to apply to her face to cover up her acne.

My second application, I used much more with no moisturizer since the product already has all that. Much better, but still no comparison to the online video. This is NOT FULL coverage, but fairly lightweight on your face. My freckles are still completely visible. It was slightly tacky after application. I applied IT Cosmetics Bye Pores on top to help with the tackiness. I was left with a nice glow with a dewy look.

For those with no skin problems, this is a great quick no makeup makeup look and application. I had this product on my face and done in less than 2 minutes. You could probably get away with 1 pump. Everyone else in my opinion would need 2 or 3 pumps.

Throughout the day, my face felt a bit oily, so I blotted oil areas (chin and forehead), some of the product did come off onto the tissue. You might need to reapply.

The product has a smell that I am not very fond of, but once applied and dry the smell is gone. Just need to get past the initial application. It did initially having a tingling slight burning sensation on my face, but that also went away. I did not break out.

If I do purchase this product it would for a beach vacation when you need SPF with a sun kissed dewy glow. I won't be replacing my Estee Lauder Double wear with this product anytime soon.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased shade medium. I'm about NC30-35. The shade is probably a tad too light but can work once bronzer is applied. Consistency is creamy but not thick. The smell is citrusy in a washing detergent way which I wasn't fond of. It didn't smell like a natural citrus and I'm not usually sensitive to fragrance but this was Off putting.
I have oily combo skin and most foundations or BB/CC creams need blotting after 4-5hours. So for me it's more bout what happens when I blot and the appearance there after.

I apply my mineral veil primer from hourglass which is my go to for oil control then I went in with this with a flat top kabuki. Easy to apply, coverage is a high medium and doesn't feel too heavy on the skin. The finish is more dewy than satin and doesn't really set. I set it with Laura Mercier Translucent powder. It looked ok. Once I added bronzer it looked a lot better. I have olive undertones and none of the shades lean yellow or olive unfortunately.

After 4 hours this was super shiny so I blotted and it looked ok. Nothing special. Nothing to brag about. Another two hours later it was slipping around and breaking down in a patchy way.
So for the beneficial ingredients such as skincare and sunscreen, unfortunately for me it doesn't override how mediocre(at best) it looks. Thought about saving it for just the beach but then I'd have to add bronzer for the shade to look right and I'd look hideous with a slippery face, better off going with a bare face!
Suggest to get a sample before you buy because it isn't cheap!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have a back up of this in my makeup bag. This is my (Casual) makeup go to. I love this when I am running errands and do not want a full face of makeup. This evens my skin and gives me a healthy overall glow. This product is best when applied with your fingers. I have also used a brush and have had good luck with that too. I have VERY oily skin and this does not make me a grease ball. It is my favorite easy makeup product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

My skin is way, way, WAY oily, and I have rosacea, so trying out foundations always operates on a learning curve for me. I was using Bobbi Brown's stick foundation, which was gorgeous for the first hour after I put it on, but it was really turning my already oily face into a total oil slick. I was blotting every two hours, even after setting it with powder, it was that bad. Enter IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream.

The first few days of wearing it, I gasped when I looked in the mirror because it looked THAT awful. Greasy, streaky, settling into fine lines. Just awful. Powder didn't help at all. Blotting basically removed the foundation right off my face in blotches. I was *this* close to driving it back to Ulta. I couldn't figure out how it was getting such great reviews.

Then I read one of the reviews below about NOT using your heavy moisturizers before putting it on. Game. Changer. I had been putting it on over my La Roche Posay Rosaliac Serum AND my Dermalogica Barrier Repair. I have to use the Rosaliac for my rosacea, and it's really light moisture anyway, but the Dermalogica is a silicone slip-fest. So I eliminated the Dermalogica Barrier Repair and put the CC Cream on after my Rosaliac had sunk in. I used my Bobbi Brown foundation brush to blend. Then when it set, I put another light layer over my areas of redness. Set with powder. Voila! PERFECT SKIN.

I still have to blot after 4-5 hours and powder my nose a bit, but this foundation is the best looking thing I have ever put on my face. My skin looks flawless (and believe me, it isn't)! I'm not an oil slick, and it doesn't settle into lines. I'm so happy I didn't give up after those first few days - and thankful for the reviews here that helped me figure it out!