It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Have been using it as my only foundation for over nine moths - I'm on my third tube (the first one was small travel size, the rest regular ones). Each regular tube lasts me about five months. No breakouts, even in the tropical climate. Nice glow, stays half a day or a bit more, natural looking, economical ohh, and no breakouts - virtually the only foundation/bb except Boots Seventeen Magic BB that doesn't cause adult acne. I love the fact that the sunscreen is physical. I use a damp Real Technique sponge and put two thin layers with a five minute interval.
Cons: medium coverage, gets into my wrinkles.
NB I had a sample of the pink one with illumination and had a moderate breakout. Looked too shiny for y liking, whereas this one looks naturally healthy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Even though this is kind of expensive and hard to find in Canada, I keep coming back for more. I love that it is moisturizing, has a high SPF, doesn't break me out and has amazing coverage. This truly is a one and done product for me, which makes it worth it. I simply apply all over my face in the morning with my fingers and then set with a bit of translucent powder to set my face a mattify a bit because this is on the dewy side. The light shade is on the neutral side and is a perfect match for my skin most of the year. (Here is a link to a foundation swatch comparison https://imgur.com/rIZtBwl). If I have a bit of colour I will go up to the medium shade, which is a bit more golden. The best value I have found when buying this product is the limited edition supersize that they offer only once or twice a year on either The Shopping Channel (Canada) or QVC. I just stocked up!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product was ok, but it wasn't great. This isn't full coverage and I found myself having to put concealer on some spots using this. I was using this for months cause the shade medium matched exactly to my skin. But after using it I found it was very heavy for my skin and I started breaking out cause of it. It is also very liquidy so if you don't like that this may not work for you. I would not recommend this. I believe there is better products out there.

I have to apply only a thin layer b/c otherwise it creases and makes my forehead wrinkles look more pronounced. I'm early 30's, there aren't THAT many wrinkles - jeesh. It also stays fairly oily/soft all day and transfers. If I use too much setting powder it also settles in funky. So, I use it like a very thin tinted moisturizer and it's ok. It certainly doesn't have coverage unless you use a thick coat - but then - see prior statements.

PREFACE: I HATE products with sunscreen....they almost ALWAYS cause me to break out. I have combo/dehydrated/oily on occasion/ acne prone when provoked skin and the one thing that WILL provoke it is sunscreen or products that contain sunscreen. I normally avoid them like the plague, but this one little product is getting along with my very bitchy skin at the moment....

THE PRODUCT/COVERAGE: This is in the realm of what I consider "tinted moisturizers", which I am normally not a fan of, but want to be. I'm not a fan because, as mentioned above, I am clearly allergic to something in both chemical and physical forms of sunscreen...and allergic probably isn't the correct term...sensitive is more appropriate, I suppose. This super creamy formula has phenomenal coverage, simply put. I have to monitor myself on not using too much, because I'm so used to the traditional tinted moisturizer product requiring more to even out my skin tone, but not with this little gem. This is a thicker "cream" consistency that applies beautifully with a sponge or brush (I like using both) and the coverage leans on the side of medium to could be full for the type of product it is. ** I will mention that I have tried the "luminous" version of this product and despised it. I looked like I had just spent the day flipping burgers and running a fryer back in high school at BK...not flattering. The luminous version also broke me out.** I do set this with a powder (lightly) and I do use a concealer with it. It can be built up for more coverage and I have actually worn it on work days, which is something I never imagined doing with this type of product. If you use too much it WILL look cakey, that I can promise you. Using a lighter hand is best and building as needed works like a dream.

SHADES: What I really love is that the shade range does not run too much on the pink side, which is what I desire in shade matching. My skin changes its mind daily on what undertone it's going to take on, I use the shade medium and it seems to balance my skin out nicely. It has a good range of shades, as well.

OVERALL: I do enjoy this "tinted moisturize" product. I find myself reaching for it quite a bit during these hot summer days. I would probably repurchase it, especially since it contains sunscreen and doesn't cause my skin to go into fits. It has enough coverage for a night out OR a beach day (for the protection alone). Price isn't too steep, either. I would recommend getting the "travel" tube from Sephora (or wherever) to try it out first, as it is not a fit for everyone (and that's how I tried it out at a bit of a cheaper price)!

I absolutely love this product, it blends very well and the color matched my tanned summer skin ( TAN ) , it was a great cc cream to use for a quick everyday look in summer, not to mention it has an SPF of 50+ which is GREAT.

This CC Cream is amazing! A few months ago, I was having a lot of trouble with my skin - lots of breakouts and redness which this definitely helped cover. Used RT buffing brush to blend and it definitely has great buildable coverage. Now that my acne has subsided, I'm left with a lot of pigmentation and I can use a beauty blender to blend out the CC cream, and that works really well to cover it! I love this because it has SPF and if I'm in a rush, I skip the moisturiser and use this as my moisturiser, SPF and foundation. Such great coverage and doesn't feel heavy at all! I would definitely repurchase. I bought it in January and I've been using it every day since then, and it still feels like there's a lot left. Perfect for travelling too as its 100ml and I can skip the concealer with this product!

One downside would be the packaging which is a pump but somehow the product gets everywhere around the lid.

This makes my skin look awesome! Even when I start to get oily at the end of the day, I am only shiny but still looking good. With practically every other foundation I've tried, it breaks up and gets very patchy wherever I have oil breakthrough. But with this stuff I just blot or powder and I'm good to go for another few hours! Thoroughly impressed! Because It Cosmetics is impossible to find in Canada... I purchased all of the colours (except Rich) in sample size so that if I need to order any of the shades online (which I 100% have to) I dont have to screw around with receiving the wrong colour during any particular season! Beautylish is awesome to order from by the way!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I'm soooo sad this product didn't work for me. But maybe it will for you. The product comes in an airless pump tube which is awesome. It's a rich, creamy texture and it feels luxurious going on. I love the spf. It's very sheer coverage so great for "great skin" days. It's not the best with oil but looks nice with powder on top to control oil. I also have Bare Minerals complexion rescue. The product seem different but the end product on my skin looks the same. I prefer IT cosmetics packaging and feel of the product. I got the lightest shade. It seemed yellow but worked well on my skin, maybe even neutralized some redness. But...it breaks me out. I'm sooooo sad!! Complexion Rescue does not break me out so I'll be sticking with that.

I had to change my review because I originally hated this. First of all, I'm finding the shades with IT Cosmetics to be a bit off with different products. I had Bye Bye Undereye in light and it was way too light, I had to mix it with medium. I tried my mom's CC cream in light and it was way too dark for me, so I had to get fair. I'm not sure if actual fair skinned people can use this.

I first used this with an IT Cosmetics brush that came with it (on a shopping network deal) as well as a RT face brush and the results were awful. It was so shiny and wiped off with one touch.I was so sad spending $80 on a big tube that I couldn't use. However, while cleaning out old makeup, I found my old Beauty Blender and this and decided to try it with the BB and WOW! It blended so well, it wasn't as shiny and stayed on so much better somehow. It also made my face feel so soft and smooth, I couldn't stop touching it all day. I like it so much better than foundation and even other BB creams that I swore by.

This is in no way full coverage with a brush or blending sponge, I think it's more of a medium coverage. As cheesy as it sounds, it covers pretty good but still lets your natural beauty shine through. 'Your Skin But Better' is a great way to put it. I can't wait to try the illuminating one.