It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

4.1

Light shade: pretty good coverage. Darker & more orange than my current go-to shade, Missha Perfect Cover BB in 13 Bright Beige. I'm not thrilled with the fragrance, which is overly floral and perfumed, though that fades soon on application. Didn't break me out.

I just got this because of all the hype about it and it definitely delivers! I have acne prone combination/oily skin and i was worried about getting breakouts, but nothing! It covers well, looks natural and radiant, and smells good, like a lemon muffin. After using this product about a week, my skin definitely feels softer too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Mixed feelings on this foundation. I have extremely oily acne-prone skin. My skin is also very senstive. I started using this foundation about almost 3 years ago or so and I used it to cover the acne i had. I was told that this product was supposed to actually be good for my skin and won't make me break out. My acne got worse and worse and I have used prescription meds to help it too and it did for a year, but all my acne came back, and my skin is becoming horrible again. My conclusion is that it has to be this foundation. I am great about washing my face morning and night always and keeping it clean and this stuff just continually gives me new acne each day. It only takes a few mins to set and looks great after i finish with my clinque powder. It has great coverage for all my acne and TONS of dark scars. But I am on the lookout for a new foundation because all I am doing right now is using this foundation to cover up the acne that the product itself is giving me :(

Very nice. One pump is enough for my face and a little down the middle of my neck. It starts off neutral, almost grey and then changes to skin tone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So wanted to love this product. It just separates on my skin. Doesn't matter what primer: It Cosmetics, Smashbox, Becca, nothing worked well with this CC foundation. By lunch time it was very noticeable separation to my T zone. Loved that it offers build-able coverage, just not for my oily T zone. Loved the pump, so hygienic. Loved that a little goes a long way. Hated that it separated.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Have been using it as my only foundation for over nine moths - I'm on my third tube (the first one was small travel size, the rest regular ones). Each regular tube lasts me about five months. No breakouts, even in the tropical climate. Nice glow, stays half a day or a bit more, natural looking, economical ohh, and no breakouts - virtually the only foundation/bb except Boots Seventeen Magic BB that doesn't cause adult acne. I love the fact that the sunscreen is physical. I use a damp Real Technique sponge and put two thin layers with a five minute interval.
Cons: medium coverage, gets into my wrinkles.
NB I had a sample of the pink one with illumination and had a moderate breakout. Looked too shiny for y liking, whereas this one looks naturally healthy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Even though this is kind of expensive and hard to find in Canada, I keep coming back for more. I love that it is moisturizing, has a high SPF, doesn't break me out and has amazing coverage. This truly is a one and done product for me, which makes it worth it. I simply apply all over my face in the morning with my fingers and then set with a bit of translucent powder to set my face a mattify a bit because this is on the dewy side. The light shade is on the neutral side and is a perfect match for my skin most of the year. (Here is a link to a foundation swatch comparison https://imgur.com/rIZtBwl). If I have a bit of colour I will go up to the medium shade, which is a bit more golden. The best value I have found when buying this product is the limited edition supersize that they offer only once or twice a year on either The Shopping Channel (Canada) or QVC. I just stocked up!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product was ok, but it wasn't great. This isn't full coverage and I found myself having to put concealer on some spots using this. I was using this for months cause the shade medium matched exactly to my skin. But after using it I found it was very heavy for my skin and I started breaking out cause of it. It is also very liquidy so if you don't like that this may not work for you. I would not recommend this. I believe there is better products out there.

I have to apply only a thin layer b/c otherwise it creases and makes my forehead wrinkles look more pronounced. I'm early 30's, there aren't THAT many wrinkles - jeesh. It also stays fairly oily/soft all day and transfers. If I use too much setting powder it also settles in funky. So, I use it like a very thin tinted moisturizer and it's ok. It certainly doesn't have coverage unless you use a thick coat - but then - see prior statements.

PREFACE: I HATE products with sunscreen....they almost ALWAYS cause me to break out. I have combo/dehydrated/oily on occasion/ acne prone when provoked skin and the one thing that WILL provoke it is sunscreen or products that contain sunscreen. I normally avoid them like the plague, but this one little product is getting along with my very bitchy skin at the moment....

THE PRODUCT/COVERAGE: This is in the realm of what I consider "tinted moisturizers", which I am normally not a fan of, but want to be. I'm not a fan because, as mentioned above, I am clearly allergic to something in both chemical and physical forms of sunscreen...and allergic probably isn't the correct term...sensitive is more appropriate, I suppose. This super creamy formula has phenomenal coverage, simply put. I have to monitor myself on not using too much, because I'm so used to the traditional tinted moisturizer product requiring more to even out my skin tone, but not with this little gem. This is a thicker "cream" consistency that applies beautifully with a sponge or brush (I like using both) and the coverage leans on the side of medium to could be full for the type of product it is. ** I will mention that I have tried the "luminous" version of this product and despised it. I looked like I had just spent the day flipping burgers and running a fryer back in high school at BK...not flattering. The luminous version also broke me out.** I do set this with a powder (lightly) and I do use a concealer with it. It can be built up for more coverage and I have actually worn it on work days, which is something I never imagined doing with this type of product. If you use too much it WILL look cakey, that I can promise you. Using a lighter hand is best and building as needed works like a dream.

SHADES: What I really love is that the shade range does not run too much on the pink side, which is what I desire in shade matching. My skin changes its mind daily on what undertone it's going to take on, I use the shade medium and it seems to balance my skin out nicely. It has a good range of shades, as well.

OVERALL: I do enjoy this "tinted moisturize" product. I find myself reaching for it quite a bit during these hot summer days. I would probably repurchase it, especially since it contains sunscreen and doesn't cause my skin to go into fits. It has enough coverage for a night out OR a beach day (for the protection alone). Price isn't too steep, either. I would recommend getting the "travel" tube from Sephora (or wherever) to try it out first, as it is not a fit for everyone (and that's how I tried it out at a bit of a cheaper price)!