It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.8

I've been using this for about 3 years now. I wear it underneath Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation and the 2 together make my skin look flawless. I can notice a negative difference in my skin when I don't use this. It covers well, is hydrating and leaves a dewy finish. In the winter I've always gotten flaky skin around my mouth and this seems to be the one thing that prevents it. The tube is kind of expensive but a little goes a long way.

Honestly, I bought this product because of the hype and I am GLAD I did!

I personally don't like wearing foundation. Either that all of my previous foundations were from the drugstore (though I selected the most lightweight) and I don't like their formulas, or I just hated how it sat on my skin. Whatever the reasons might be, I tried wearing less foundation as much as I could.

But this CC cream (honestly, it's a foundation) blows my mind away. It is so lightweight, sits comfortably on my skin, gives good coverage, and makes my face looks natural PLUS better (I hate foundation that once I applied makes my face looks like a 'kabuki'). In addition to the formula, the smell is very nice. It smells a bit of lemon and a slight scent of freshness (if that makes sense).

I bought it in a travel size (I was still edgy whether I might like it or not) and in the shade 'medium'. It is a bit darker than my skin tone but it doesn't show much difference, so I don't really mind.

Overall, definitely repurchase it! 5-stars!!

I received a small tube in medium to try, but eventually switched to light when I purchased and I'm about a NC25 or so. I initially didn't like this as I went in thinking it would be a CC cream, but as others have said it is more of a foundation finish. If I'm having a good skin week I think it out a little with Burberry Fresh Glow luminizer. If I'm breakout city or covering discoloration marks it does great at full strength, partly because it does seem to color correct as well. This is what I travel with if I'm only taking one type of foundation and the packaging is great, why don't all expensive foundations come with a pump!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is more of a foundation than a CC cream. the finish is beautiful and I have it on my list to repurchase when I have ran out of my current foundation. The coverage is light to medium but does a great job at color correcting!

My favorite face product ever. Obviously for a night out this isn't ideal, but for day to day it is absolutely perfect. If this wasn't so expensive (pretty much $40), I would have an unlimited stock of these in my drawers. This literally makes you look like you have amazing skin. I don't have super horrible acne, just a bit of hyper-pigmentation and the occasional red pimple, but this has amazing coverage while still being super light and breathable. It makes you look extremely dewy and radiant, so if you are not into that look, or if you are SUPER oily, you will not like this. I have combination skin, but I love looking glowing and healthy. This also smells great, like lavender. The price just sucks for how much product you get, but I wear this on days where I want to look effortlessly perfect. The name is accurate.. when its on it looks like you have naturally perfect skin.

10% discount code on the Canadian Website till Oct 31st, 2017: ITGIRLYANG

**i dont make any commission, thought id pass it around for those who are curious in the product :)

PROS:
-Wide color range
-Skin care infused
-Comes with a pump
-Easy to Travel with
-Moisturizing
-Sunscreen SPF 50 + UVA/UVB
-Doesn't strip my skin
-Medium buildable coverage

CONS:
-Not very good oil control
-Claims to be concealer as well - wouldn't use as one unless I have minor blemishes
-Price: $49 CAD - pretty pricy for a CC Cream, you can find similar like the Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream (possible dupe)

Great for Dry-Combination oily skin (not too oily, but if you are this may be great for dry seasons like fall & winter), skip if you are oily...
NC15-20: FAIR
NC20-25 : LIGHT
NC 30-35: MEDIUM

Read full review here:

This is a CC cream that takes a bit of work to make it work.

---A little preface: I have combination skin that is as dry as a desert in the dry areas and as oily as heck in the oily spots. Very, very extreme skin. It is also sensitive and acne-prone. The reason I give this background is because it is very hard to find a product that will suit my whole face. This is the only product so far that has not both clung to my dry, flaky areas and sunk into pores on the oily areas. So I really love this product for making it possible for my whole face to look good in all of its areas! I also like that this product has such high SPF in it because I am always looking for ways to integrate sunscreen into my skincare.

On the other hand, if you have an oily face, or have spots where you get oily, or sweat, or anything at all, this product WILL break down, slide off, and get all over your fingers and everything you love within 20 minutes of putting it on. I know everyone's body chemistry is different, but I feel like it will do this to everyone. The only way I was able to keep this on my face was to put setting/finishing spray on my whole face IMMEDIATELY after applying it, wait for that to dry, then put setting powder over that. Because it takes so much work, I took off a lippie. And because my skin is sensitive, this whole routine ends up clogging up my pores giving me some zits whenever I go through the whole shebang of putting it on. I was really hoping to get a CC cream that I could slap on and go.

tl;dr, I took off two lippies because I don't think the price is right for this product; it's good, but not great. It works, but takes work to make it work. It breaks down very fast on oily skin and slides off faster than a mudslide on a mountain.

Some of my favourite beauty bloggers had mentioned they swapped this for their every day foundation. This product is expensive to start with, however I was so excited since I had heard it was great coverage and had spf. Upon receiving this product I tried to hard to like it until I kept breaking out every time I used the product. It sadly sits unused now.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product is really good on my skin. I have a 4ml trial size and Im waiting for the sale to get a full size. I myself have an unstable skin - it is oily like crazy and also has dry patches but this CC doesnt make my skin look cakey or emphasizes my dry areas. It helps blur my enormous pore, it is really lightweight and easy to blend. However it doesnt control my oiliness but I can fix this with a translucent powder. I think it is more suitable for fall-winter. Oh and it is also pricey but I really satisfied.

The coverage is beautiful, medium. I have acne prone, sensitive skin so I got the sample size of it. After just 4 hours it got cakey on my cheeks and around my nose. And then my skin started to get cystic like acne. So for three days I stopped using it and my skin started to clear up again. But then I tested it out two more times and the acne/redness was coming right back. I wish this product worked for my sensitive skin :(