It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.7

I got shade light. I am N15 - Skin concerns: stubborn redness around nose/rosacea - dry skin but nothing dramatic- aging skin (25yo) so again nothing dramatic. I always have used a toner cream and primer before. Most of the time the ootical illusion by UD. This product is a great product. What is a gigantic plus is that they sell a DS sample for 20$ that will last long and beyond enough for you to figure if you like it enough to buy it. I think this means alot that a company is that confident of their product. SPF50 provided which is the reason why it is thick. It’s not a paste or anything it could just hang to the tube if you tease it out. It’s not leaky which is practical on the go. Friendly packaging for the travel and full size. Easily poored at the back of your end before applied to face. You can apply with fingers but not blindly and with good lighting to ensure evenness. I would rather use a beauty blender over a brush because of how thick it is, and a semi-damped one. That will make skin more flattering regarding consistency of product!! With a brush to even out you might find it’s a bit too thick because i find that the product will stay on the brush but still it works out. Shade light is not that light. So keep that in mind. It is orangey but once applied it’s really not as appearing than on you hand. Coverage is medium. It does not cocer 100% rosacea on my nose but so far its on my top 3 for best coverage. It holds really well. Since my skin is on the dry end, i don’t apply powder . If i do it’s for the areas that tend to crease aka under eye and laugh lines. Usually foundations with higher consistencies tend to crease but this one is not that bad! It does not slip either. Easy to blend anything over too. It’s not matte and it’s not dewy, it’s skin like. My cons are that the coverage is not as i had hoped with the pictures they show. It is pricey but in the price range for higher end foundations. Shade range is off because fair really appear fair and yet light is light/medium and tends to be more orangey. Undertones are not considered but since it’s a CC that makes sense, still sucks. I will purchase again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My skin recently changed from combination to dry, and upon developing some spider angiomas on my face and subsequently getting some treatment for them, I decided to up my sun cream game. However, my beloved Teint Idole by Lancome did not respond well to my new moisturiser and spf 45 skin routine (think: cakey mess), and I decided I wanted something a little more natural-looking and light weight on my face, especially now I had my "new" blemish-free face going on.

This CC cream did the job perfectly:

- actually does look better than skin, but lets your skin shine through at the same time (yes, you do need a pretty even skin tone to pull this off imo)
- suprisingly long lasting
- feels light on the skin
- is moisterising but doesn't cake up unlike my awful experience with Josie Maran's Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation
- doesn't cling to any dry patches during the course of the day
- I swear my face actually looks better when I take it off (I was told that it had some special skin-imrpoving ingredients in it, so maybe that's why)

This only doesn't get 5 stars because I still can't get over how expensive it is!! I mean, it's nice in every way I mentioned above, but it's not full-coverage-perfect-face-I'm-a-model-now nice (which is how I felt with Lancome's Teint Idole). At least that's where I'm at right now with this product.

Closing comment: the colour names are deceiving: the best match for me was "Light" despite me having olive / tan skin.

I may buy this again. This is my go-to on days off when I'm not wearing my usual full face of makeup. A little goes a long way for light to medium coverage.

Medium coverage, feels like genuine skin (not heavy or cakey), breathable, easy to apply AND provides SPF. However, with my combo skin, it separates in oily spots and really clings to even minor dry spots, making them extremely noticeable! I had skin problems I never even noticed until this foundation pointed them out... yuck. I would hate to see what it wears like when it’s actually hot and summery outside!! Did not appreciate the way it separated on the tip of my nose and my forehead. I’m disappointed, because on first impressions I was IN LOVE. Maybe better for normal skin types?

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was a great tinted moisturizer but be careful. Because it's SPF 50+ the shade range is a lot LIGHTER than what you are. It wasn't until I tried it when I got home (on a different day from testing in store) that it was not the same color as rest of my body but a lot lighter. However this has GREAT coverage and it's more like a foundation with tinted moisturizer benefits. I could have switched it to darker shades but that would have been annoying and I just didn't feel like dealing with it. However, it is a great product and has great benefits for your skin so don't use this review to stray. I highly recommend to buy this product in person and take a sample home to test in the sunlight next day to get your exact match. Maybe when I run out of the product I'm using then I will go back and try this in a darker shade to match. Also the packaging is great! Its a pump so you can control how much comes out as opposed to squirting out too much by accident.

I'm reviewing the "light" shade in this product. This product is not for the ladies who enjoy full coverage makeup, have VERY LARGE PORES or have oily skin. However, it is excellent for busy moms, women and men who want to look a little more "put together" on an "off" day. Below are the pros and cons from one week of experience with this:

PROS:
-Color Correction: This immediately corrected all the redness on my face-- to the point where I didn't feel I needed to use additional concealer in my normal areas (around the nose thanks to my seasonal allergies)
-Smooth and quick application: Dotted a few spots on my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin and patted it quickly across my skin and BAM! Done in a few seconds without wasting product using sponges or brushes
-Coverage: surprising medium coverage from this-- while this did not completely hide my VERY LARGE PORES, it did enough
-Lightness: Perfect for people who have decent skin who wants the lightest coverage that just makes their skin look hydrated, well-rested and even

CONS:
-Fades in a few hours-- which is fine because reapplication isn't hard-- it doesn't streak and there's no pilling-- this thing spreads like BUTTER
- I'm NC10-15/Nars GOBI/ELDW 1N1 and found the shade "light" many, many shades too dark and ORANGE for my very neutral skintone (so be sure to get a sample before purchasing)-- my skin looked like Honey's (from Fresh Off the Boat)
-While this does have SPF 50 and I see that the first two ingredients are TITANIUM DIOXIDE 9.0% ZINC OXIDE 6.3%, in order for this to be effective as a suncreen for the face, about a little more than half a teaspoon of this stuff needs to be applied to the face, but in my experience, you just need half a pea sized amount of this on the face-- so be sure to apply sunscreen under this!

All in all, this product is not bad, but I've been using Korean BB Cream since about 15 years ago and have had better formula (cleaner and more effective) for less cost. I personally prefer Innisfree Eco Natural BB Cream over this and I got that for $10... so if this product is HG for someone, perfect-- for me, I still prefer my Korean BB and CC creams.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This BB cream gives really great coverage (almost full if not full) and can be doubled-up as a concealer. Makes the skin look smooth and gives it a healthy glow. Feels lightweight as well so you don't feel like you have heavy makeup on your face.

If you're oily or combo, it's best to set this with powder (I also recommend the CC powder from It Cosmetics). I have combo skin and the dreaded oily t-zone reared its ugly head after a few hours. I only had to do 2 touch-ups throughout a whole work day.

The one thing I don't like though is their lack of shades. 6 shades is not enough! They need to add more shades with different undertones!

Slipped and slid all over my face. And smells like children's sunscreen.

All I can say is this was a big bucket of nope. Very hydrating and seems to leave a slight shimmery/dewy finish. I didn't feel this product set at all. Accentuated pores. Yuck!! Glad I just got a sample.

Great coverage and protection from this CC cream, and it lasts for several hours. I have been using a BB cream from a premium brand for years and still love it, but now the price is nearly $50! The price of the BB cream insults my intelligence, frankly. This one is not cheap (but about $10 less), and has the same quality as the BB cream I like. Bought the mini from Sephora, and will buy the full size for sure! Thank you It Cosmetics!