It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.7

I love this product. It gives me lots of coverage but looks natural. It smells good to me too, like citrus. My skin feels better and softer when I use this a lot. I have super sensitive, acne prone, combination skin. I like that I can use this without any breakouts.

I believe I've finally found my HG! At 55 I still have oily skin w/ large pores, slightly textur-y surface and sun damage/broken capillaries. Oh and fine lines and a few wrinkles. Good times. I've used powders for years and as I've aged, I've become less happy with texture and coverage. I have tried all kinds of foundations, BBs, TMs - drugstore to quite spendy - and watched them accentuate pores and fine lines and sit on top of my skin in a heavy, shiny mask. With or without primers and finishing powders. After seeing all the great reviews and seeking a natural look, I ordered this in medium. I am still experimenting with application and prep, but after a couple of unsuccessful attempts, I think I've found what works for me. This morning I just applied my serum and moisturized around my eyes and lips. Since this product claims to be a moisturizer, serum and primer along with the rest I stopped there and gave it a few minutes to soak in. I then warmed one pump and tapped and spread around lightly, then used a brush to finish. (I played with a beauty blender all weekend - will keep experimenting as it seems to be everybody's favorite - just can't seem to get the dampness level right and wasn't feeling the love.) And I wasn't overly thrilled this morning either. I could see where it sat in my pores and it looked a little heavier than I like. But I had to get to work, so I gave it a light dusting of ELf HD powder and finished my makeup. When I got to work, I went into the bathroom and had a look prayingI didn't look like I was wearing a greasy mask. Dang girl! Pulled out my purse magnifying mirror (55...) and hurried to a window. I don't know what happened, but somewhere in that short time it seemed to have "settled." I could hardly see my pores and while not flawless (I prefer a more natural look, so I'm cool with that.), imperfections were nicely covered, tone was even and smooth and it literally looked like "my skin, but better." Over six hours later there is a tiny bit of t-zone shine, but not even enough to bother with blotting, much less powdering. It isn't cheap, but keep in mind a little goes a looooong way so it's 100% worth it to me. As I said, I will continue to experiment with prep and application (and will update if I find my "angel choir" method), but if it doesn't get any better than this, I am thrilled!

This is my go-to product when I have like ZERO time to go through my lengthy makeup regimen. It makes my skin look fresh and natural. Minus one lipstick only because they lack in range of colors and I'm in between light and medium. I use medium, but I find that by mixing it with any of my lighter foundations, it blends well and even improves some foundations that I use. Definitely will be using this for years to come.

I wanted to love this, it matched my fair skin. But if you have sensitive skin, you may want to stay away. I wore this for about a week and my cheeks are covered in red pimples. The CC cream has a very strong scent, but it applied beautifully. Really sad it didn't work for me!

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I love the coverage of this makeup. I have a lot of sun damage to my skin. And since moving to the beach, a lot more. But as i said ,I love the coverage. However, I noticed it was not staying on , so I went whole hog and bought the extras - the It brush ( purchased at
Ebay for alot less) and the no more pores powder. I am not a powder lover, but I must say it made a difference! I would follow the powder with setting spray. And now my makeup stay on much longer. I also buy the makeup it's self on Ebay, great value.

I have seen so many YouTubers rave about this product and wanted to love it so much but it just isn't right for me.

I believe I fall in between shades which is a bummer (Fair and Light) but I decided to go with Light anyway. It is a little bit darker than my skin tone but blends out looking okay. I love that it gives that natural glowy look when I first apply it but it DOES NOT LAST.

That could be due to the humidity where I live but still...I look like a greaseball within a few hours even after powdering and setting with the All Nighter setting spray. Blotting tends to take away quite a bit of product too, unfortunately. The Laneige BB Cushion that I used for years before this lasts much longer and even looked better as the day progressed compared to the It Cosmetics CC Cream. Thankfully I only bought the small travel sized tube (which was still expensive). I have combination skin with a slightly oily t-zone but pretty normal everywhere else.

It might work well for those with very dry skin. Or maybe with a mattifying primer (which I don't own).

I have a love and hate relationship with this CC cream. For reference I am a MAC NC 25 during the summer time and about MAC NC 20 during the winter time. I have this in the shade Light and it matches me during the colder months. As per coverage, it will give a solid medium coverage with a slight dewy finish on my combo skin (oily t zone). I normally apply this with my Beauty sponge and it blends perfectly. As per longevity, it lasts for about 8 hours depending if you set this with a powder and you’re wearing a primer underneath. Overall, I think it’s one of those face product that you use when you’re lazy and you can’t be bothered putting on a full face of makeup. However, I feel for the price is a bit steep for a cc cream since you can already buy a comparable foundation with higher coverage. However, if you have any coins to spare then it’s a must try. Hope this helps.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is such an odd product that I can't make up my mind how I feel about it. Some days I really quite like it and other days I hate it. I have it in 2 shades. Tan and Medium and I usually have to combine the 2 together to get the right shade. When you first put this on it looks like it's giving really good medium to full coverage but after it has had about 15-20 min to settle it sort changes to a light or light medium coverage. I don't really mind that as I prefer a lighter coverage but if you have used a full coverage concealer with it than the concealer will really become obvious as this cream slowly diminishes. Now even though it changes to a lighter coverage at no point does it feel light on the skin. It is very thick and you can definitely feel the product whenever you touch your face. I have full coverage foundations that feel 10 times lighter on the skin. It dries down if you put it directly on the skin with no other products underneath but I don't like the finish that gives me. If you put it over a primer then the finish is smoother but it stays tacky for a long time. There is also something very odd about the color. It goes on looking quite warm and luminous. The color doesn't change exactly but there is like some sort of grey undertone to it that leaves me looking dead and dull. Yet the finish is luminous. How is possible to look dead and luminous at the same time? LOL, I don't know, perhaps that dull undertone is caused by the sunscreen. Worst of all though is that it negatively impacts the condition of my skin. I wore this every day for 2 weeks and at that time I was trying to figure out what the heck was going on with my skin. It had become completely devoid of any moisture whatsoever. I started slathering hydration creams and masks on at nighttime trying to get some hydration back into my skin. At first I didn't make the connection between using the IT CC cream and my overly dry skin because I have pretty tough skin and rarely have any negative reactions to any cosmetics. When it did occur to me that perhaps this new skin problem might be related to the CC product, I immediately stopped using it and lo and behold within about a week my skin started to look better. Again I think this might be related to the high SPF. It is a physical sunscreen which has zinc as an ingredient which can be quite drying.

Now all that negativity aside I wouldn't say that this is a totally terrible product. It does give coverage and it can look nice but there is some trial and error to it. Use too much and it will look cakey and emphasis lines and wrinkles. Use to little and it won't look like it's doing anything at all. Use it on it's own and it might feel too dry and wear off too fast, use it over a moisturizer or a primer and it might never dry down and feel moist and tacky all day. It's also wears differently over different primers. So I feel like this can look really nice but you have to try wearing a variety of different ways with different products to find the best way to wear it. There are some days that I think it looks quite pretty and other days I wonder why I keep using it. Now I only use it maybe once or twice a week when I know I need some good SPF because it is far too drying for everyday use. I guess my skin is better suited to chemical sunscreens. Once it's gone I probably won't repurchase.

I've been using this for about 3 years now. I wear it underneath Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation and the 2 together make my skin look flawless. I can notice a negative difference in my skin when I don't use this. It covers well, is hydrating and leaves a dewy finish. In the winter I've always gotten flaky skin around my mouth and this seems to be the one thing that prevents it. The tube is kind of expensive but a little goes a long way.

Honestly, I bought this product because of the hype and I am GLAD I did!

I personally don't like wearing foundation. Either that all of my previous foundations were from the drugstore (though I selected the most lightweight) and I don't like their formulas, or I just hated how it sat on my skin. Whatever the reasons might be, I tried wearing less foundation as much as I could.

But this CC cream (honestly, it's a foundation) blows my mind away. It is so lightweight, sits comfortably on my skin, gives good coverage, and makes my face looks natural PLUS better (I hate foundation that once I applied makes my face looks like a 'kabuki'). In addition to the formula, the smell is very nice. It smells a bit of lemon and a slight scent of freshness (if that makes sense).

I bought it in a travel size (I was still edgy whether I might like it or not) and in the shade 'medium'. It is a bit darker than my skin tone but it doesn't show much difference, so I don't really mind.

Overall, definitely repurchase it! 5-stars!!