It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.7

BEWARE
This contains several different citrus oils which are phototoxic, meaning they increase your skins sensitivity to the suns damaging rays.
There is no functionality to the citrus oils being in there, I have to give this a poor rating for that. If you have sensitive skin at all, or if you have any inkling to prevent premature aging, I would avoid this. Hopefully they will reformulate without those citrus oils soon.

This makes my skin look great. It is so soft, like a lotion but adds a nice glow and coverage to my skin. I use thicker foundation for parts of my face that need coverage more and just use this underneath. I like how it looks and you can even rub it on your neck. It was non-irritating, and I find it to be a great formulation.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have dry skin, I like about medium coverage and something quick because I am a student and dont have time for fussing in the morning. This applies well with all methods. I will use my fingers, a beauty sponge, and sometimes a brush, and will all methods I get the same result. It goes on smoothly, and leaves my skin looking smooth and fresh. It has a dewy finish and I usually set it with a light powder. The dew still shines through after i powder, which I enjoy. It does not enhance my dryness, although it does cling slightly, however everything does on me. Out of all of my foundations, this is my favorite. I work at sephora part time and I get to try a lot of foundations, and this is what I always gravitate to. It lasts thoughout the day, and still makes my skin look like skin. The only thing I wish they would change is the shade range. light is a bit dark, fair is too light and they dont have more than like 8 shades I think. But, overall it is a wonderful base. I will continue using it, and repurchase.

I purchased a travel size of this CC at Ulta for $15. I am NC25 and found the "Light" color to dark for me, I also applied 1/4 tsp of this to my face (it wasn't easy, this product is thick) to make sure I was getting the SPF coverage I needed I applied this over my Replenix CF serum and oil-free moisturizer.

I am normal to oily (t-zone) and found it to be heavy, suffocating, and it smelled faintly of lemons, (luckily it didn't linger). It was greasy going on, but was wearable with powder on my t-zone, Unfortunately it got increasingly drier as the day went on, and this coupled with the too dark shade looked terrible and aged me - not the look I was going for at all :(

I was looking for a CC cream to wear on the weekends with a high mineral SPF, buildable, unscented coverage, and good color match, this product met only one of those criteria (SPF).

If your normal to dry, like a full coverage CC cream, and can find a color match, this may work for you. It was a "NO" for me though.

I love this product. I have combination skin and freckles that are less 'cute' and more... 'blotchy' looking. My skin is super clear so I don't need a ton of foundation to cover it, I just want something that makes my freckles look less 'blotchy' while smoothing everything out and giving me a dewey, but not oily, looking glow. This product does all of that for me and stays on all day.

Pros: huge SPF factor!
doesn't cake
long lasting
gives a glowy finish
covers imperfections and redness without looking like you globbed on makeup
light
natural looking
no smell (some foundations with spf have a smell to them that i hate)
doesn't transfer after it sets
doesn't make me break out

Cons: dispenser gives out too much product in my opinion
after applying, i blot my face with an oil sheet otherwise it can look a bit oily in my t zone (one blot in the morning though seems to last all day so I'm not sure if that oil is coming from the foundation itself or what... no idea)

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I don't understand the hype around this product. I have tried to make this work because I love the fact that it has spf 50. No matter how I apply it, it doesn't cover well and I become a grease pit w/in a few hours. It just looks awful on my skin - blotchy and uneven. I have had little luck with this brand, even though it seems to have a cult following.

I'll be short and sweet: this product is utter #@$&! I tested it at Sephora on one half of my face (Milk foundation on the other. BTW that one seemed to work great!), and the coverage was pathetic, my skin looked dull, and it accentuated all of my pores. Worst of all, it broke me out instantly! I wore it for a couple of hours that evening, then took it off at home. The following morning, sure enough, three pimples on the side of my face I tested the CC on!! The scary part is, I almost blamed my HG serum for the pimples! Now, that's just evil, CC! Shame on you! And don't get me started on the sky-high price tag!

I liked the coverage and color of this. It did a good job of disguising my redness and making my face look brighter and healthier. Sadly, like many others, it made me breakout after only 2 uses. I have sensitive skin, so I thought it was just me. But I read many reviews online at Sephora and it seems pretty unanimous that something in this makes a whole lot of people breakout. And badly. I don't have a problem with pimples other than 1 or 2 very small blemishes sometimes that usually go away within a couple of days. But this gave me big red deep pimple on my face.

I broke out from this after 2 days. Great coverage but nope

I have actually replaced this at least three times, it's that good. I just caved on my wanderlust and am going to try something else, but I have had very little desire to, I and that is really unusual for me. I love the full coverage and yet it bonds with my skin to a pleasantly natural look. I think my skin has improved for wearing it and I can't think of any else I would say that about.