It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.6

I love this cc cream in the fall and winter, when my t-zone dries out. I find the coverage to be on the full side, I only need half a pump on my beauty blender to get a nice, even finish. I have this in light-medium and I find the color to be great match-wise. I haven’t had any issues with oxidation or settling into fine lines either. Pre-application, I use Becca’s First Light primer, and after application, I set it with a big, fluffy brush and loose powder. I like the pump mechanism as it’s hygenic. Personally, I think iYour Skin But Better is a worthy investment as it’s become more of a difficult task to find reliable coverage for my perimenopausal skin and this works quite nicely for me in the colder months.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was so excited to finally buy this CC cream after hearing soooo many great reviews online. I have used it for four days in a row now, trying different application methods, with and without a primer, etc. Nothing makes it look amazing on my skin (what I was naively expecting).

I have combination skin, leaning towards being normal on most days. Normally, with most foundations, I have to use a setting powder on my T-zone, but I don't need any touch-ups throughout a day most of the time. My face rarely ever looks greasy at the end of the day, just slightly dewy around my nose and forehead, nothing major (which I am alright with, I'm not obsessed with matt skin). With this CC cream, however, I look VERY DEWY after just a few hours of wearing it. And! That's after setting my entire face with powder after applying it in the morning, not just the T-zone (it's looks too greasy on me if I don't powder).

It has a consistency of a lightweight cream, applies easily, blends nicely (tried both with a brush and a sponge, gives more or less the same results). The coverage on me is light medium; medium at best. It does not cover pigmentation and acne scaring on the sides of my cheeks. But I can look past it, I just spot-conceal before setting it with powder. It looks decent (not amazing) on my face for the first 2-4 hours and then becomes a bit too dewy for my liking, wears off my nose, creases (in short, does everything what a very dewy foundation would do at the end of a long day).

To sum up: so far, the thing I like most about this CC cream is SPF 50. However, I wish I bough the oil-free/matte version of this product. Would only recommend this one for someone with very dry/dry skin. Not even for medium/normal one, in my opinion.

One of the worst CC creams I have ever used. I purchased this product 2 months ago because I heard very good reviews about it. My skin was okay, few pimples but nothing bad BUT after using this it got worse! Plus- my skin looks like a cake and I totally hate it. Greasy and heavy product . I don’t recommend it

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was an impulse purchase for me on Ulta's "Walk of Shame" (the leadup to the register). The full-size tube is $38USD, not bad for a foundation, really, but I'm a cheapskate. A mini-tube, 12 ml/0.4 fl oz, is $18 and is a good way to try the product. I'm an NW20, and Light worked well for me.

The tube says Full Coverage Cream, and boy are they not kidding. You need only a small amount to get a thick-feeling, satiny coverage. When I first put it on, it looks almost masklike, but settles as the day goes on. The product has a lemony fragrance, which is unusual in a foundation and which I found rather pleasant, but others might not like. I wore it all summer without powder and found it wore well, but is not waterproof. The SPF comes from TiO2 and ZnO2. (I figure sunscreen is one of those things that, you don't know if it works, you only know if/when it doesn't work.)

I take 1/2 star off for the price of a full-size tube. You should be able to get a good CC cream at a lower price point. And 1/2 off for the thick feeling at first. Is this what all CC creams are like?

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I had recently ran out of my staple CC cream by 'Juice Beauty' so I decided to give this a go. Bonus: it has a higher SPF - 50 as opposed to JB's 30 and it also has an ingredients list that reads like an encyclopedia of botanicals! Got it for $38 USD for 1.08 fl oz which per ml was significantly higher than JB.Unfortunately something in the mix, I'm guessing the citrus oils; gave me a rash on my nose and forehead after a week of applying every morning and I ended up giving this away. Disappointed to say the least as the coverage was perfect for me - not too heavy and cakey looking but light-medium. Oh well back to Juice Beauty it is...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

The perfect cc cream if you like a medium coverage. The texture is great and I like how it absorbs to my skin, I use a beauty blender. It really gives me that dewy skin look and it makes my face not more oily as it already is which I cannot say about other cc creams I have tried. Perfect Color match too! I use a translucent powder to finish the look and setting spray. But it’s not all day lasting, after a long day, it seems that the cc cream has partly „faded“.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Finally a CC cream with good coverage and good SPF. I use this in the summer instead of my Estee Lauder Doublewear light. Applies easily with fingers, and I don't have to bother with a beautyblender as it applies nicely. Good to take on vacation when you don't want a fussy foundation. Buildable, medium to full coverage. Dewy look, needs setting in my T-zone with translucent powder to avoid settling into lines. I don't use it around my eyes though - I stick to my eye concealer for that. It tends to lift a little on my chin and nose by partway through the day, so I find a little pat with powder or a powder foundation in those areas helps it stay all day. I just pat my chin and nose with my MAC powder foundation and it works great. Because it is medium to full coverage, I do follow up with a full face of eye makeup, bronzer or blush and a lip product to give me definition.

Ok so I also have a love hate relationship with this foundation. I first fell in love with it because it gave a nice dewy glowy finish without looking greasy or oily (I have combination skin), the colour matches my skin tone (neutral leaning on yellow), and it did not break me out whatsoever ( I have sensitive skin). Previously been using Clinique foundations and while they didn’t break me out, my skin looked dull with that on.
So this is a ‘my skin but better’ foundation.
My only gripe with it: It’s truly a light-medium coverage foundation, you can’t build it up AT all or else you run the risk of it looking cakey, uneven or actually a greasy mess. Don’t look to this for full coverage as I’ve tried a few times.
A little goes a long way with this product, it has good sun protection, it’s moisturizing and has a beautiful skin-like finish.

But if you like matte and full coverage from a foundation, look elsewhere. This is still a CC cream, albeit better coverage than other CC creams so maybe I was hopeful in Trying to build it up to full coverage. But no. Don’t do that.
Still a beautiful light-medium coverage foundation.

This is the only high coverage “foundation” that doesn’t look cakey on me whatsoever. And i love dewy finishes and for those two reasons im giving this a 5 lippie.

I do however dislike that packaging and the shade range.

I’d still recommend if you are someone who likes high medium coverage and dewy finish.

I really wanted to love this because I had heard so many good things from friends. However, after about a week of use, I began to develop whiteheads around my nose. Not what I wanted from my foundation. Gave it to a friend to share with someone who can wear.