It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.9

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I was motivated to try this by the lack of tocopherols, a very common cosmetic and skin care ingredient that causes an allergic reaction for me. My doubt was so strong that I purchased a used tube on the reddit MUE forum rather than shell out full price for a new one. I have since repurchased in the Light shade, and I'm surprised how often I reach for it. No apparent issues with the annoying citrus oils ( WHY?!). I don't apply foundation of any kind to my entire face, but rather pat it into my areas of redness and discoloration, on top of a moisturizer.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited to try this due to the SPF 50 protection. It claims to be an "all in one" product but no. JUST NO. The coverage isn't full which is fine because I think it looks natural. Right after application, it looks FLAWLESS. I was impressed.

I tried going about my day with only the product applied to my face (as stated on the packaging). My face became a slip n slide for the CC Cream. The next time I tried the product with ELF HD Powder and it was less bad but it creases and settles into pores like crazy, especially around my mouth. Lastly, I tried primer + CC Cream + setting powder and it was not that bad. However, even without touching my face the cream does break down after a few hours and it looks quite hideous if you're too close to my face. I just think that there are better foundations for me to try out there.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

I really wanted to like this, but sadly it just felt so heavy on my skin, like i had a couple of layers of foundation on my skin. Which is strange since my skin is pretty dry. I prefer the laniege cushions over this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

For a while it was unavailable UK so the moment my foot touched American soil I made a dash to an Ulta in Portland to have a look at it. The British You Tubers were raving about it so after a quick swatching session (I went with it in 'Light' which perfectly matches my Chanel B20/Dior 020 skin) I skipped happily back to my air B&B to apply it.

I like it is paraben and cruelty free, has a fantastic packaging with a very convenient and well designed pump, it is made in South Korea and they know what they are doing regarding sunscreen + coverage, it is a tinted mineral sunscreen but... there are buts:

- the coverage is WAAAAAY too heavy. I understand it needs to be a dense consistency to offer spf 50 rating (9% Titanium Dioxide and 6.3 % Zinc Oxide which makes it broad spectrum) but to make it work on my face not looking like a mask I hope I'm getting spf 20 (but probably less) with 1 pump of the product (fingers crossed!). So I need to wear another mineral spf underneath in the summer to get some proper protection!

- it contains lemon, bergamot and orange peel oils - which all are photo-reaction inducing, so having these in the sunscreen makes no sense to me. These also give the product a delicate fragrance - a non fragranced sunscreen usually smells revolting so that should explain why the formula has these in.

- price point - it is now available in Selfridges in London and is £30, which seems to be in line with other mineral sunscreens available in UK. Still way too expensive for a product that should be a staple skin protector.

- It gives a nice glow but it really needs to be powdered to not to look like a greasy mess within 2 hours of the application and I have a dry, dehydrated skin! So for the ladies in your 40s... get a sample first before comitting. Sadly powdering does not really help to set it for longer than these 2 hours (after which you should reapply it. No way I will be able to do that in my work environment. I need a stable sunscreen that does not make me a greasy, caked mess in a couple of hours after application and this is not it!) after which it simply disappears from my face, taking away with it all my blush (otherwise long lasting when applied on other foundations), concealer/highlighter leaving a shiny, blotchy mess (as it seems to be disappearing in patches too) with magnified fine lines and crater-like pores. I look like I did not wash off the sad remains of my previous day's makeup!

- It behaves way better in winter when it does not need to be powdered at all (stay way away from any 'glow' powders like Hourglass ones in this case!) and when we have 3 hours of daylight in Scotland. What is the point of it then though with its spf 50?

- I tried apply it on a matifying primer from Benefit (I had a tiny sample tube) in hope of extending the two hours lasting mark but to no avail. Same with a silicone based primer from YSL (Touche Eclat one) which I'm trying to finish off and none of these really seem to make any difference. I tried to apply it with a beauty blender to sheer it out a little bit but it still did not look like I like my foundations/sunscreens to look like.

I will use it up this summer but I will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I so wanted to love this CC cream, just like the majority of reviewers, but alas, sadly I just can't. And I am also quite relieved to see numerous reviewers in my age group having the same issues, but let's start with the positives:

Pros:
- SPF50
- Genius packaging, a tube combined with a pump dispenser, fantastic!
- Reasonably priced
- A few of the shades are offered in a smaller version travel tube
Cons:
- Shade range very limited, couldn't find a match for my N/NW15 skin, even the lightest shade "fair" was too yellowish.
- Very thick, matte finish even when I apply a thin layer
- Accentuated pores, fine lines and dry areas on my dry/normal facial skin.

Verdict: Apart from the nice high sun protection and awesome packaging I couldn't agree more with one previous reviewer, who likened the finish of the IT Cosmetics CC Cream to stage makeup. It made my skin - which by itself looks very decent - look matte, with lines and pores exaggerated, not a good look at all! The reason I tried this in the first place is because I am desperate to find a replacement for my beloved Bobbi Brown CC Cream SPF 35 in Blushed Nude - I have used it as long as they made it and then stocked up when Estee Lauder Inc. discontinued it. In the meantime I used up my last backup tubes also. The Bobbi Brown CC Cream had the most wonderful, natural finish and the color correcting properties, natural sheer coverage and overall wear were perfect for me. So my search continues and I will probably try Chanel's CC cream next. ...but IT Cosmetics' CC Cream unfortunately wasn't it for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am now on my second tube of this product and I love it! If you want to just even out your skin tone this product is perfect but you can also build it up to full coverage while still looking really natural. I've noticed it has almost a lemon scent to it? I would suggest to apply it with a beauty blender, I just find it blends it better into my face than a brush and really gives a flawless finish. I'm very pale but I have more golden undertones than pink and the lightest shade works really well with my skin tone, also it is 50 SPF so it's practically selling itself. It also lasts for a pretty decent amount of time depending on how much you use (1 pump is enough for my face and neck). If I had to think of a negative it would be that it is a bit pricey and that sometimes it can feel just a tad heavy.

I feel like I am in the minority here, but I honestly do not care for this product whatsoever. I have an array of foundations I use for different occasions and events. I thought this might be a good "one and done" for me on days I want some CC but not the fuss of full on makeup. The texture on me was bleh. The feel was meh. For the price, I believe you are much better off purchasing drug store item than spend your money on this.

To be fair, I like makeup. I like makeup of all kinds. I have what you would call a collection. To me this product is barely mediocre. I would much rather go out in public with my sunscreen, hourglass mineral veil, and a little powder before I would use this again. I've never written such a negative review before, and I am surprised by my absolute disdain for this product.

Again, I am in the minority it seems. If you are really intrigued by this product, I would suggest getting the trial size first.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Good coverage and hydration for my 50 year old dry skin. Would recommend to anyone who no longer likes the feel or look of foundation on their skin but wants more coverage than a tinted moisturiser.

It Cosmetics CC cream lives up to the hype! I've been using this product every time I do my makeup since I got it about 5 months ago. I am in love with the shade Medium. It evens out my skin easily and gives my skin a really warm golden glowy tone to it. My skin is dry and NC 25-30 and because of adaptability of the product, I can wear this shade year round. Most foundations really accentuate my dry patches but this product seems to camouflage them. This product doesn't break me out and is easy to remove! I like that I don't have to scrub it off or have a tedious makeup removal routine like I would have with some heavy duty foundations. I set it with a translucent powder and if i need a bit more coverage I buff a little Bare Minerals over the top and I look naturally flawless. Also can't beat the high SPF!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Before reading the reviews, I was in a large department store where I passed by the IT counter and got sucked into buying this CC cream. I had to wake up early that day and did not have a good night sleep, hence the impulse buy, which I really regret.
This cream feels on the skin like melted plastic - sorry, I cannot find a better comparison - and reminds me of the Clinique Even Better foundation. It just sat on my skin, and despite my skin being dry, it did not moisturize at all. The color (light) is OK for my NC20-25 skin, although it is slightly too dark, but I can get away with it. It did nothing to hide my blemishes and age spots, did not even reduce them slightly and the worst thing is the oily look.
Unfortunately in the UK, you cannot return cosmetics, unless you can prove that you had a bad reaction to it.
I am thinking of getting rid of it on eBay, or use it as a sunscreen when I go on holiday to warmer sunnier countries, as this was a very expensive mistake.
The only good thing about this cream is the packaging.