It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Dry

Ive been wanting to try this CC cream for years and was so excited when it came to Sephora in Canada. I got the shade Fair, which was slightly too light for me, however the light was slightly too dark and I wasn't about to buy two shades just to mix them. Shade range aside I had really high hopes and was extremely disappointed in the performance of the actual product.
1) Its super thick which I find makes it difficult to blend nicely into the skin. I also found I needed to use a lot of product to cover my entire face, and when I'm paying 50$ for a tube I want it to last me as long as possible.
2) I have dry skin but don't typically struggle with flakiness. However this makeup emphasized dry flaky skin I didn't even know I had
3) After working with it for a while It looked pretty good when I first applied it. However the lasting power isn't very good, I found I couldn't even get through my work day before it was breaking up and looking cakey and textured. As someone with dry skin, lasting power isn't something i ever struggle with so I was so surprised when I had to touch it up midway through my work day.

All in all, it is super hyped and maybe my expectations were too high but I was disappointed. It is way too overpriced for its mediocre performance. It wasn't terrible but for half the price I have foundations and CC creams that do a considerably better job.

So far I am loving this. I'm 48 with combo/dry skin and this gives just enough coverage for my rosacea redness (I still need concealer for dark circles and a few blemishes). It has a nice finish, glowy but not dewy or sparkly. I thought it would be too olive-toned for my skin (in the lightest shade) but it's perfect and looks natural under all kinds of light. I love the broad spectrum SPF which is why I bought it since I hated to have to apply sunscreen then foundation, and worry that my foundation might be rubbing off the sunscreen in places. Yes, it gets oily in my t-zone but I just use powder and it's fine. Holds up for the full day. Does not highlight pores or fine lines. I'm a little worried, after reading some of the reviews, and I hope it doesn't make me break out. Will update if it does.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think I've just found my HG everyday foundation - lightweight, excellent "your skin but better" coverage, decent color selection, sanitary packaging, with added skincare benefits. I hardly reach for my concealer when I use this, and a little goes a long way. Just be aware: it has a dewy finish and requires powder over top.

Can't recommend this product enough!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This did not sink into wrinkles which is why I liked it. And of course the spf 50 and healthy ingredients is another reason to love it. My problem with it was the lack of coverage but it is called your skin but better. I agree with this. It really does look like my skin but better. I like flawless skin. So what I end up doing is putting Estée Lauder double wear foundation over top of this. I do top it with the cc perfecting powder that It Cosmetics sells which is awesome. It is lightweight powder and not cakey at all. I then use a setting spray to help it all seal together and stay put. I think I will continue to use this under my foundation as I like the benafits it gives my skin. It seems a bit pricey the way I use it but for skin care i think it is worth it. Aging skin is a challenge to find the right products and this is one of the better ones out there. It is creamy and feels really nice on the skin. I also like the faint clean smell it has. This makes me want to put it on my skin. I bought it at Ulta and wear the medium color. It's the end of summer so my skin may have a more color right now. I'm NC25 (ELDW ecru 1N1) in the winter and NC30 (ELDW Dusk 3C1)in the summer for reference.

so good for dry skin! i can can actually build this up without looking cakey.

Had a sample size, wore it today at the pool in Austin TX heat and it caused clogging and acne around my nose and forehead. Tossing into garbage...I use Smashbox BB Water and it's amazing. I have very reactive skin that gets clogged easily and the BB Water is amazing. :)

Still on the fence with this... I started using this a few weeks ago after using Lioele BB Cream for YEARS. Very similar product, but this has lower coverage than Lioele. I do like the shade range on this product, but I'm not sure if my skin likes it. I'm not prone to break outs AT ALL, but this is breaking out my face a bit. I'm going to give it some more time to try it out, but I'm going back to Asian BB creams after this.

I love this product. The spf 50 sunscreen is a mineral based sunscreen, not a chemical sunscreen. I react badly to all the chemical sunscreens and I can actually use this product. Provides great, smooth coverage.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This broke me out.

In the meantime, it was so beautiful and lasted a long time. The coverage was great. I bargained with myself for awhile, hoping something else caused the breakout, but it was this.

It could be your HG! Just not mine. Patch test and keep your receipt.

I'm obsessed. I have very dry skin with texture and scarring leftover from acne when I was younger, and this covers up everything and looks super dewy. It lasts all day long, and it makes my skin look flawless. I LOOOOVEEE ITT