It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry

3.0

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I actually got a sample of this in Medium, which was the perfect shade for me, and the sample had quite a decent amount so I got 3 full uses out of it.

I like this product, but I do have mixed feelings about it as well. It's not overly drying or anything, but it's a little more drying than expected considering it claims to be moisturizing/brightening; also it claims to function as a full coverage foundation but I'd say it's more light-to-medium-buildable? Which is okay, I can build it up, it's just not as full coverage as it claims to be for me.

On another note, I do like the oddly fruity/lemony scent of it.

All in all, I do prefer something a little more dewy/nourishing since my skin is severely dry but this isn't bad, I just have other products that work much better for my skin type.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very dry skin with uneven spots here and there, like most people. I was intrigued by the infomercials and since I was starting to show signs of melasma, I wanted something that promised to cover up the hyperpigmentation. Before buying this, I had never worn all over foundation; only concealer where needed.
I tried this first as the commercial/instructions advised: just all over as both moisturizer and foundation. NOPE! My face was so dry!
So, next time, I put on my normal moisturizer, let that absorb and then tried the foundation, again. NOPE! It seemed to suck out all of the moisture and did not cover anything. I still had to go in with concealer.
Anyway, after 2 years, I still have some product left. I use it to cover those brow hairs that aren't quite ready to be plucked to neaten up that area and around my nose--it perfectly matches those areas. Pretty limiting!
I've gone back to using a special concoction of heavy duty concealers, color correctors and TriLuma to manage the melasma.
After I finish this product off, I'll just buy a drugstore foundation for the eyebrow area. This was pretty pricey.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I got this because I was intrigued by the sunscreen/skin benefits and because I heard good reviews. The fair color is too yellow for me, but I was OK with it because it did cover redness and compensate for the pink undertones in my skin. This stuff looked great at the start of the day. By the end of the day, it settled in each and every pore and fine line. Badly.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought from someone who was scammed into ordering more than she was quoted over the phone. I wanted to try the make up without the hassle. even if you call right away to cancel, it appears you are charged 3x the price. Well, the make up is suppose to be applied every 2 hours. I wouldn't bother, it doesn't have that great coverage anyway. For a touch up, I just used a loose powder. Within 5 uses, the make up spurted on my clothes (new black shirt) and stained it. I called the company to try to get some help. They said they wouldn't document the complaint, because i wasn't a client. Then they said, even if I was a client, they don't help people. They just document complaints. they don't actually resolve complaints. The most ridiculous excuse for a make up, or customer service I have dealt with.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE: THIS IS NOT A CRUELTY FREE LINE! There's confusion since they don't test on animals, but their primary ingredient after water is snail secretion infiltrate, which is obtained by stressing (ie squeezing, to death or injury) snails so they secrete their natural protective slime. There is NO valid scientific studies that it's better than anything else--only industry performed studies for their own benefit. PLEASE DO NOT BUY IF YOU CARE ABOUT GENUINE CRUELTY-FREE COSMETICS!!

An excellent foundation, as a fact & not just opinion. The curse of this foundation is the SPF 50+--which is true with the perfect inclusion of zinc & titanium dioxide--and the full amount of coverage it provides with very little to little product. Being a sunscreen militant, I'll buy a product with this combo before one without it, but by the same token, I don't have much in the way of sun damage save for a nice blend of childhood freckles scattered over my whole face that I love. When it comes to coverage, I need to concentrate on the corners & creases around my mouth & nose and some manageable undereye circles. I loathe cakey looks on myself or anyone (I sometimes want to tackle women my own age with an oily tissue) or obvious attempts to hide an imperfection of any kind. In real life & sunlight/fluorescent light, putting on too much product only looks like you put on too much of something to hide whatever it is that everybody can plainly see anyway.

I have never seen or used a foundation that comes closer to non-cakey, full coverage than this one. It's impressive, but it is for sure heavy in the pigment department. It has an unbelievable slip to it, making blending downright pleasant. I can stay light over most of my face and neck while building coverage in my problem spots with an even color. My problem spots are also my extra dry spots, so I have to be sure to use a couple of layers of heavy moisturizer/serum/whatever underneath, or sometimes a little oil on top (sampling smashbox's new oily primer now).

The reason for this is that zinc in particular can be drying: it's not only the empress of sunscreen, it has skin healing properties, which is why you see it in diaper creams & barrier creams used on wheelchair-bound people. It can take getting used to, because it's a finely ground mineral as is titanium dioxide, so it physically blocks UVA & UVB rays & pollution to boot. They're heavy what with being minerals. They also have whitish casts and are used immensely in foundations & concealers for their color-affecting charateristic.

The caveat is that so much coverage is delivered, unless you're applying a quarter sized amount from forehead to upper decolletage/back of your neck/behind your ears, you're not going to get adequate UVA protection (ie wrinkles & skin cancer causing rays--the FDA SPF rating applies ONLY TO UVB, which affect color). It's certainly not impossible to use said amount because the tube releases a generous amount with one pump. My suggestion: don't wear any light colored shirt or any shirt that can't handle neckline discoloration from the pigment if you want this to be your stand alone head to chest sunscreen.

I recommend it for the ease of use, UVA-blocking sunscreen (it's extra insurance to add this over a colorless sunscreen product), amount of coverage without looking cakey, and many other solid healthy skin ingredients. Points off for the gimmicky inclusion & touting of "snail secretion infiltrate" since it has zero genuine research or proof of benefit and thus is just another hype & no fact ingredient. Based on label placement (water & the sunscreens make up the bulk) & lack of any proof of superiority, I would prefer the snails be set free rather than have their infiltrate secreted from them, or at least a nice escargot with garlic butter. If snails held some miracle skin agent, from the dawn of cosmetics people would've been sticking them all over their faces for it!

Ignore all cc/bb/foundation/etc. designations--it's all the same basic stuff in a variety of ingredient combinations & concentrations, just as a designated dish rag is to a bath tub wash rag.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love everything. I swim daily and like that this goes on quick and easy after shower. Improved my skin after a week. This turned me into an IT girl!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Guess I must be allergic to this?

I purchased after reading all the glowing reviews. First application, I noticed how heavy it felt on the skin. Initially I was underwhelmed, but was curious to give it a chance. A few hours later I notice my cheeks feel a little warm. I thought maybe I was just flushed. By the end of the day, I notice my lips feel itchy! I wash everything off too late. My face was blotchy and itched like crazy for the next two days.

Pretty strange, because I have no allergies, and have never had any type of reaction to any product before this.

I am surprised no one mentioned the smell when I read reviews. It smells very strong, and the scent lasts all day long.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first review on a product. I had been looking for a CC cream and read great reviews about this one. Unfortunately, the lady at Ulta missmatched my skin tone and I have found the medium to be too dark for me, I'm sure the next shade down would look better. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be repurchasing this product. I really can't get over the smell, which surprises me that not a lot of people have mentioned because it makes me dread using the product because it smells more or less like puke. I like the packaging because the pump is nice and squirts out a good amount and the coverage of the product is also quite nice, however, it leaves my skin looking quite oily looking which is strange because my skin is dry. I don't think I would get enough use to repurchase this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is the most amzing thing I have ever used! HG stuff, I have the most dry flaky skin and no matter how much I exfoliate, moisturize ( I wear three moisturizers), and prime everything accentuates my dry, flaky patches. This has been the only thing that has not done this. It also leaves a nice satin finish that looks like skin, It's moisturizing and provides medium to full coverge, high spf, and is just all around perfect. The only con I would say is the lack of shades, there's only 5. I am fair skinned and NC15 and was matched with light by the IT Cosmetic representive at ULTA. It looked ok in the store so I bought it. Tried it the next day and it was way too dark. I went back and got the fair shade which is a way better match.If you have dry flaky skin I would definitely reccomend this it lasted a decent ammount of time on me without a primer about 6 hours before it started to fade. With a primer I can go pretty much the whole day. I highly reccomend this!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I turned 50 last year and my skin changed. I have very dry skin now. I have tried alot of different foundations and under eye concealers and they always settle in the lines under my eyes and make me look awful. I had pretty much given up wearing concealer and foundation. I have tried and return at least 10 products over the last 6 months! I absolutely LOVE this IT CC cream, it doesn't settle into the lines under my eyes or anywhere on my face. My makeup stays on all day which is another problem I have always had, the makeup would just sink into my face and disappear. I am so impressed by this product, it leaves my skin smooth and moisturized and doesn't look unnatural at all. I can't wait to try more "IT" products.