It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry

3.4

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got a sample from Sephora, absolutely love this product! The fair shade matches me perfectly, and it doesn't oxidize at all. It has decent lasting powder, and looks super natural. It's not exactly dewy, which is great as I can adjust the level of dewyness using a highlighter!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Such an overrated product.

Firstly, if you haven't discovered the realm of Korean beauty, Korean BB and CC-s, you might like this. It's definitely something new compared to the Western BB-s and CC-s, I suspect that's why it is so popular - it brought something new to the table.

Secondly, if you are familiar with Korean beauty, you'll find this product extremely overrated and pricey. With this money, you'll find a similar or better product half or third of the price, with almost double the amount of the product (K. CC and BB-s come most of the time in 45-50 g - 1,5 / 1,7 oz - options). This CC itself is a Korean formulation developed in Korea, and sold to or by Americans at a much higher price than it would cost in Korea.

When it comes to the performance, this is full coverage compared to other products in its spectrum (other CC-s), you can't really compare this with a foundation, so be aware of that. The color range is ridiculous. The lightest, fair, might be too light for the the darkest fair, and too dark for the lightest fair, whereas the light seems extremely dark for a regular light. I don't get this. The ex owner of the company was all about inclusion whereas she herself created products for either someone bleeding 2 l of blood or someone returning from the Caribbeans. The hypocrisy of beauty industry in a nutshell.

This is far from being a natural finish, I've seen foundations looking more natural, it creases into the fine lines, it accentuates dry patches, it shows off pores. It gets oily and patchy after 1 h of wearing. The few positives: It feels very light on the skin, moisturising, minimal smell, works good as a concealer, but that's about it.

Bottom line: You may enjoy it if completely foreigner to the new make-up guru Korea, or you may totally dislike it if you're already a fan of this incredibly good yet reasonably priced beauty industry.

I want my money back. Can't believe how this company got worth billions of dollars by selling products that cost a few bucks on the Korean market. Silly us.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I always had oily skin but now that I'm on the other side of 30 and moved a bit further north, my skin is so dry and awful. This cc cream smooths over all of my texture and gives decent coverage. It really doesn't look like makeup. I still have to use a concealer on any blemishes but one layer applied with a brush or two with a sponge makes my pores look smaller, evens my skin tone, and gives me a nice dewy glow. I've even had good luck applying this with my fingers. It is very forgiving. I do wish they had a lighter shade but I can get away with fair. My only complaint is that it is not very long lasting without a primer. I've yet to find a primer that didn't break me out to use with this but that's just my crazy skin!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is one of my all-time favorite face products. Initially I preferred the illumination formula (which I still like), but now I prefer this, at least for day-to-day life. I love that the packaging has a pump, yet is a tube so it's not breakable and you can get all the product out. The coverage is medium and natural, and this is one of the only significant SPFs that I can tolerate, both in terms of my skin liking it and the scent not bugging me. I don't love the fragrance (though it is not a traditional sunscreen odor), but it fades quickly, so it's not an issue. The color range is crap - I usually have to mix two shades to make it work for me, and if you're even moderately deeply complected, you might be out of luck, but I like the formula so much I'm willing to make it work.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Excellent coverage!!
Stays on!!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I actually got a sample of this in Medium, which was the perfect shade for me, and the sample had quite a decent amount so I got 3 full uses out of it.

I like this product, but I do have mixed feelings about it as well. It's not overly drying or anything, but it's a little more drying than expected considering it claims to be moisturizing/brightening; also it claims to function as a full coverage foundation but I'd say it's more light-to-medium-buildable? Which is okay, I can build it up, it's just not as full coverage as it claims to be for me.

On another note, I do like the oddly fruity/lemony scent of it.

All in all, I do prefer something a little more dewy/nourishing since my skin is severely dry but this isn't bad, I just have other products that work much better for my skin type.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very dry skin with uneven spots here and there, like most people. I was intrigued by the infomercials and since I was starting to show signs of melasma, I wanted something that promised to cover up the hyperpigmentation. Before buying this, I had never worn all over foundation; only concealer where needed.
I tried this first as the commercial/instructions advised: just all over as both moisturizer and foundation. NOPE! My face was so dry!
So, next time, I put on my normal moisturizer, let that absorb and then tried the foundation, again. NOPE! It seemed to suck out all of the moisture and did not cover anything. I still had to go in with concealer.
Anyway, after 2 years, I still have some product left. I use it to cover those brow hairs that aren't quite ready to be plucked to neaten up that area and around my nose--it perfectly matches those areas. Pretty limiting!
I've gone back to using a special concoction of heavy duty concealers, color correctors and TriLuma to manage the melasma.
After I finish this product off, I'll just buy a drugstore foundation for the eyebrow area. This was pretty pricey.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I got this because I was intrigued by the sunscreen/skin benefits and because I heard good reviews. The fair color is too yellow for me, but I was OK with it because it did cover redness and compensate for the pink undertones in my skin. This stuff looked great at the start of the day. By the end of the day, it settled in each and every pore and fine line. Badly.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought from someone who was scammed into ordering more than she was quoted over the phone. I wanted to try the make up without the hassle. even if you call right away to cancel, it appears you are charged 3x the price. Well, the make up is suppose to be applied every 2 hours. I wouldn't bother, it doesn't have that great coverage anyway. For a touch up, I just used a loose powder. Within 5 uses, the make up spurted on my clothes (new black shirt) and stained it. I called the company to try to get some help. They said they wouldn't document the complaint, because i wasn't a client. Then they said, even if I was a client, they don't help people. They just document complaints. they don't actually resolve complaints. The most ridiculous excuse for a make up, or customer service I have dealt with.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE: THIS IS NOT A CRUELTY FREE LINE! There's confusion since they don't test on animals, but their primary ingredient after water is snail secretion infiltrate, which is obtained by stressing (ie squeezing, to death or injury) snails so they secrete their natural protective slime. There is NO valid scientific studies that it's better than anything else--only industry performed studies for their own benefit. PLEASE DO NOT BUY IF YOU CARE ABOUT GENUINE CRUELTY-FREE COSMETICS!!

An excellent foundation, as a fact & not just opinion. The curse of this foundation is the SPF 50+--which is true with the perfect inclusion of zinc & titanium dioxide--and the full amount of coverage it provides with very little to little product. Being a sunscreen militant, I'll buy a product with this combo before one without it, but by the same token, I don't have much in the way of sun damage save for a nice blend of childhood freckles scattered over my whole face that I love. When it comes to coverage, I need to concentrate on the corners & creases around my mouth & nose and some manageable undereye circles. I loathe cakey looks on myself or anyone (I sometimes want to tackle women my own age with an oily tissue) or obvious attempts to hide an imperfection of any kind. In real life & sunlight/fluorescent light, putting on too much product only looks like you put on too much of something to hide whatever it is that everybody can plainly see anyway.

I have never seen or used a foundation that comes closer to non-cakey, full coverage than this one. It's impressive, but it is for sure heavy in the pigment department. It has an unbelievable slip to it, making blending downright pleasant. I can stay light over most of my face and neck while building coverage in my problem spots with an even color. My problem spots are also my extra dry spots, so I have to be sure to use a couple of layers of heavy moisturizer/serum/whatever underneath, or sometimes a little oil on top (sampling smashbox's new oily primer now).

The reason for this is that zinc in particular can be drying: it's not only the empress of sunscreen, it has skin healing properties, which is why you see it in diaper creams & barrier creams used on wheelchair-bound people. It can take getting used to, because it's a finely ground mineral as is titanium dioxide, so it physically blocks UVA & UVB rays & pollution to boot. They're heavy what with being minerals. They also have whitish casts and are used immensely in foundations & concealers for their color-affecting charateristic.

The caveat is that so much coverage is delivered, unless you're applying a quarter sized amount from forehead to upper decolletage/back of your neck/behind your ears, you're not going to get adequate UVA protection (ie wrinkles & skin cancer causing rays--the FDA SPF rating applies ONLY TO UVB, which affect color). It's certainly not impossible to use said amount because the tube releases a generous amount with one pump. My suggestion: don't wear any light colored shirt or any shirt that can't handle neckline discoloration from the pigment if you want this to be your stand alone head to chest sunscreen.

I recommend it for the ease of use, UVA-blocking sunscreen (it's extra insurance to add this over a colorless sunscreen product), amount of coverage without looking cakey, and many other solid healthy skin ingredients. Points off for the gimmicky inclusion & touting of "snail secretion infiltrate" since it has zero genuine research or proof of benefit and thus is just another hype & no fact ingredient. Based on label placement (water & the sunscreens make up the bulk) & lack of any proof of superiority, I would prefer the snails be set free rather than have their infiltrate secreted from them, or at least a nice escargot with garlic butter. If snails held some miracle skin agent, from the dawn of cosmetics people would've been sticking them all over their faces for it!

Ignore all cc/bb/foundation/etc. designations--it's all the same basic stuff in a variety of ingredient combinations & concentrations, just as a designated dish rag is to a bath tub wash rag.